NRL Fantasy Fanatics

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

NRL Fantasy Fanatics

NRL Fantasy Fanatics - A place for discussion of NRL Fantasy / Virtual Sports / Super Coach and other Fantasy Sports

NRL Fantasy 2024 Part 1 - Gates are open, come on in

Alfie
    Alfie

NRL Fantasy 2024 Part 1 - Gates are open, come on in - Page 15 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2024 Part 1 - Gates are open, come on in

Post by Alfie Tue Jan 09, 2024 12:58 pm

imasharkie wrote:anyone interested in joining my draft league: 7EU6RV37

Woah Woah, we're not that easy. Get to know us first Love
    rhinoceroo
    rhinoceroo
    Fanatic

NRL Fantasy 2024 Part 1 - Gates are open, come on in - Page 15 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2024 Part 1 - Gates are open, come on in

Post by rhinoceroo Tue Jan 09, 2024 1:05 pm

CHT is probably better half/hok cover than either Jazz or Walker. Him at 14 and three mids (eg Bunty/Walker/Niukore) probably the way they go? Jazz and Ale too, but there'll be plenty of injuries so everyone gets fed.

Not really interested in anyone from the Warriors for fantasy, which is a shame. At least until RTS drops coin and switches to fullback.
    The Dolphin Conspiracies
    The Dolphin Conspiracies

Post by The Dolphin Conspiracies Tue Jan 09, 2024 1:45 pm

Aardvark wrote:

Here's some bus advice you degenerate

Hail the bus....if you can't see the number hail it anyway and make your excuses if it's the wrong one (or maybe get some specs)

To get the bus driver really angry, press the bell surreptitiously every stop and then fein innocence when they lose it and start making bus related threats.....this only works if you have a lot of time on your hands.

Don't try to sit up the back if you are over 175cms tall and depending on the age of the bus the same height rule can be applied to standing up straight suddenly if you are in the window seat.

If you are a pensioner make sure you get the bus during peak hour, take fucking ages to sort out your pass/change, attempt to talk to the driver the whole time and complain about the bus being so packed (see also pressing the bell every stop trick)

You forgot the bit about saving up your farts for maximum impact
    White Lightning
    White Lightning
    Fanatic

Post by White Lightning Tue Jan 09, 2024 2:01 pm

imasharkie wrote:anyone interested in joining my draft league: 7EU6RV37

I don't play draft but would have joined if I did...welcome to the forum bro good to have you onboard. It's a mix of serious stats, banter & humour.

Welcome
    White Lightning
    White Lightning
    Fanatic

Post by White Lightning Tue Jan 09, 2024 4:32 pm

With the addition of Capewell the Warriors pack is going to put the fear up the opponents:
    AFB, Egan, Barnett
    Capewell, Ford
    Tohu
    Tevaga, D. Walker, Niukore, Afoa/Lussick

That is a very experienced set of forwards & it will take a good side to dominate the Warriors pack.
    my tv broke
    my tv broke
    Fanatics Immortal

Post by my tv broke Tue Jan 09, 2024 7:23 pm

White Lightning wrote:With the addition of Capewell the Warriors pack is going to put the fear up the opponents:
    AFB, Egan, Barnett
    Capewell, Ford
    Tohu
    Tevaga, D. Walker, Niukore, Afoa/Lussick

That is a very experienced set of forwards & it will take a good side to dominate the Warriors pack.

Devils advocate, but aside from AFB you could argue its pretty mid, if Harris has really slowed down
    Welshy
    Welshy

Post by Welshy Tue Jan 09, 2024 7:38 pm

my tv broke wrote:

Devils advocate, but aside from AFB you could argue its pretty mid, if Harris has really slowed down

Agreed. I think it's a good working mens NRL pack, some good depth now which we have been missing but we need another wonder season from SJ to maintain that push from last season.

See what Websters got now, if we can maintain.
    Rabbits21
    Rabbits21
    Fanatic

Post by Rabbits21 Wed Jan 10, 2024 12:18 am

Silky 10/09/08 - 09/01/24 - 15 yrs and 4 months

I am very devastated and sorry to say tonight our beautiful Russian Blue Cat Silky was put to sleep at 6:50pm. We had Silky since she was 4 months old.

Although she was very sick with her chronic kidney disease and intestinal lymphoma she was so affectionate, intelligent and so loving.

We all feel heartbroken and lost without her.

Silky passed away 52 weeks to the day we sadly lost Nanna also.

We have many photos and videos but we wish so much she was still here with us so we could enjoy her beautiful cuddles and snuggles!!!

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

NRL Fantasy 2024 Part 1 - Gates are open, come on in - Page 15 571b4e10
    NRL Fantasy 2024 Part 1 - Gates are open, come on in - Page 15 Acaa8010
    Alfie
    Alfie

Post by Alfie Wed Jan 10, 2024 1:33 am

Sorry for your loss Rabs, always tough losing a pet. May the fantasy gods welcome Silky with open arms.
    White Lightning
    White Lightning
    Fanatic

Post by White Lightning Wed Jan 10, 2024 5:34 am

Very sad Rabs sorry bro
    Milchcow
    Milchcow

Post by Milchcow Wed Jan 10, 2024 9:33 am

Sorry about silky Rabs, hope you are doing OK
    Milchcow
    Milchcow

Post by Milchcow Wed Jan 10, 2024 9:35 am

For those that like spreadsheets, got my team planner out for this season

https://www.mediafire.com/file/67y1rkx92jtu5fm/2024+Team+Planner+v0.1.xlsm/file

Only change from last year is the 'Compare' sheet has a drop down box to switch between 2022 and 2023 stats (going back any further than that is a paint in the butt due to all the scoring changes and new stats stuffing with layout)
    mintotheimmortal
    mintotheimmortal

Post by mintotheimmortal Wed Jan 10, 2024 12:02 pm

Ted Roker on X

Broncos pre-season training notes: they're trying out some wing/centre combinations, rotating Cobbo and Staggs with Arthars and Oates. Deine Mariner training with the reserves. Jaiden Hunt looks like the bench backrower. Flegler's prop spot still up for grabs
    @brisbanebroncos

Jordan Riki has been dealing with a shoulder injury, but jumped back into training. Fletcher Baker and Kobe Hetherington were rehabbing, just running laps.

Staggs and Arthars mainly on right, and Cobbo and Oates mainly on the left side
    White Lightning
    White Lightning
    Fanatic

Post by White Lightning Wed Jan 10, 2024 12:31 pm

mintotheimmortal wrote:Ted Roker on X

Broncos pre-season training notes: they're trying out some wing/centre combinations, rotating Cobbo and Staggs with Arthars and Oates. Deine Mariner training with the reserves. Jaiden Hunt looks like the bench backrower. Flegler's prop spot still up for grabs
    @brisbanebroncos

Jordan Riki has been dealing with a shoulder injury, but jumped back into training. Fletcher Baker and Kobe Hetherington were rehabbing, just running laps.

Staggs and Arthars mainly on right, and Cobbo and Oates mainly on the left side

Arthurs is pretty cheap 344k ctr/wfb could be a good backup in emg's
    Camo123
    Camo123
    Fanatic

Post by Camo123 Wed Jan 10, 2024 12:46 pm

If Mariner doesn’t get spot, CTR is an abomination

There seems to be a bit of noise about Iro starting for Sharks and Talakai back to bench but I can’t see it

Might just have to pick a random CTR with no value that should start all games so at least you don’t need to trade for a little bit
    Revraiser
    Revraiser
    Fanatic

Post by Revraiser Wed Jan 10, 2024 1:22 pm

Wouldn't be surprised re Iro, I expect it myself.
    Revraiser
    Revraiser
    Fanatic

Post by Revraiser Wed Jan 10, 2024 1:25 pm

my tv broke wrote:

haha, i did see your post.

around here (brisbane), you have to hail the driver. if you're just standing there, they won't stop, because people stand at bus stops all the time unnecessarily.

bus driver probably just having a bad day though. they get upset sometimes.

Aardvark wrote:

Here's some bus advice you degenerate

Hail the bus....if you can't see the number hail it anyway and make your excuses if it's the wrong one (or maybe get some specs)

To get the bus driver really angry, press the bell surreptitiously every stop and then fein innocence when they lose it and start making bus related threats.....this only works if you have a lot of time on your hands.

Don't try to sit up the back if you are over 175cms tall and depending on the age of the bus the same height rule can be applied to standing up straight suddenly if you are in the window seat.

If you are a pensioner make sure you get the bus during peak hour, take fucking ages to sort out your pass/change, attempt to talk to the driver the whole time and complain about the bus being so packed (see also pressing the bell every stop trick)

Cheers lads. I just ain't a bus boy, might have been a Tigers semifinal the last time I caught a bus and that was in the city area, so bus stops loaded in general.

Genuinely don't get how it works then, as the bus is coming and you try to work out if it's Ur bus, by then its sailed past. But let's not make this a coffee moment.
    mattnz
    Fanatic

Post by mattnz Wed Jan 10, 2024 1:32 pm

Revraiser wrote:

Cheers lads. I just ain't a bus boy, might have been a Tigers semifinal the last time I caught a bus and that was in the city area, so bus stops loaded in general.

Genuinely don't get how it works then, as the bus is coming and you try to work out if it's Ur bus, by then its sailed past. But let's not make this a coffee moment.

Probably time to check your glasses prescription, the most likely cause of not being able to see large numbers on buses as they approach.

I recall the first time that I realised I needed glasses, I had borrowed a work mate's glasses to see what I looked like with them on, and suddenly realised that I needed them.
    TheWeapon
    TheWeapon

Post by TheWeapon Wed Jan 10, 2024 1:42 pm

NRL Fantasy 2024 Part 1 - Gates are open, come on in - Page 15 D2q

Fortitude
    Fortitude

Post by Fortitude Wed Jan 10, 2024 2:04 pm

Last year I floated the idea of a game where participants pick a starting team only using players from the team they support. From rd1, you can trade whatever players you want. So my team would be something like.

Levi
    Tapine (c), Papali, Mariota
    Young, Whitehead
    Fog, Weekes
    Timoko, Kris
    Rapana, Hopa, Stewart

Guler, Smithies, Saulo, Starling

Puru, Mooney, Strange, Sasugi with 960k ITB.

I dunno if this is a good idea or not. I suspect some teams will be more advantageous than others to support with obvious cheapies etc.

Current date/time is Tue Sep 17, 2024 5:05 am