NRL Fantasy Fanatics

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

NRL Fantasy Fanatics

NRL Fantasy Fanatics - A place for discussion of NRL Fantasy / Virtual Sports / Super Coach and other Fantasy Sports

NRL Fantasy 2024 Part 1 - Gates are open, come on in

Snatchpato
    Snatchpato

NRL Fantasy 2024 Part 1 - Gates are open, come on in - Page 34 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2024 Part 1 - Gates are open, come on in

Post by Snatchpato Fri Jan 19, 2024 8:02 pm

L-Jimmy wrote:

Just brilliant!

Life is very different here - remarkably poor country with lovely people, beautiful countryside, incredible beaches, and some really challenging encounters. Food is ordinary, traffic is fine, internet is poor, language is going to be manageable to learn. Prices around the same as country NSW for most things.

2 larger kids very happy in the new school, smallest kid getting on well with the nanny. Compound life is a bit weird, but great gym, squash courts, playground, social life etc.

Haven't had a change to dive, fish or mountainbike yet (lots of bugs going around), but it feels like its a great outdoor hobby town.

https://imgur.com/gallery/4i2ZjZP

Come visit, I'll shout you a few beers and we can go diving! Think of Timor as a similarly-cheap much-less-luxurious-and-clean-and-organised version of Bali and you're pretty much on the money.

[invitation extended to all NRLFF folk, except @Snatchpato who knows what he did. Shame! Shame!

nah, kidding. All welcome)
    I am innocent

NRL Fantasy 2024 Part 1 - Gates are open, come on in - Page 34 Giphy
    robelgordo
    robelgordo
    Fanatic

NRL Fantasy 2024 Part 1 - Gates are open, come on in - Page 34 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2024 Part 1 - Gates are open, come on in

Post by robelgordo Fri Jan 19, 2024 8:41 pm

multiple.scoregasms wrote:Flanagan trying to get fired in record time

https://www.news.com.au/sport/nrl/ive-got-two-really-good-players-shane-flanagan-confirms-tyrell-sloan-is-leading-the-race-to-play-fullback-in-round-one/news-story/29093e52d45e30e82c9c7eca7ae3fe71

Sloan FB, Lomax wing, Bird/Suli centres, Rava wing.
    Lomax and Sloan to rotate to FB

It’s probably just a gentle way of demoting Sloan to wing so he’s not a complete liability and can learn. Lomax plays FB

Was hoping Bird plays 5/8 rather than the coaches kid. Maybe JbD can play 5/8 given all he does is stop at the line and pass anyways.
    robelgordo
    robelgordo
    Fanatic

Post by robelgordo Fri Jan 19, 2024 8:42 pm

Won’t lie that Wighton hot take had me looking at his starting price. Forgot he was suspended. Probably need to wait for a dip in price or something
    L-Jimmy
    L-Jimmy

Post by L-Jimmy Fri Jan 19, 2024 8:42 pm

Snatchpato wrote:
    I am innocent

NRL Fantasy 2024 Part 1 - Gates are open, come on in - Page 34 Giphy

I believe you.

Can put up you and your incredibly forgiving fiancee for a couple of weeks while you get hired at Dili International School. Nice team there at the moment - very happy staff room.

In return, I require a suitcase full of icepacks and cheese - equal volumes.
    The Dolphin Conspiracies
    The Dolphin Conspiracies

Post by The Dolphin Conspiracies Fri Jan 19, 2024 11:25 pm

Bit weird this early in the season and not seeing any team lists Very Happy

I am trying not to be too whale-like this year

Is this a kind-of-close-to-normal-team?

Lussick
    Haas Cotter Harris
    Lane Schuster
    Hynes Cleary
    Iro Xerri
    Stewart Papenhuyzen Kini

Smith Trindall Piakura Strange
    Jartwright Willison Fainu Mapapalangi
    Welshy
    Welshy

Post by Welshy Sat Jan 20, 2024 12:30 am

The Dolphin Conspiracies wrote:Bit weird this early in the season and not seeing any team lists Very Happy

Lussick
    Haas Cotter Harris
    Lane Schuster
    Hynes Cleary
    Iro Xerri
    Stewart Papenhuyzen Kini

Trindall a gut pick?
    The Dolphin Conspiracies
    The Dolphin Conspiracies

Post by The Dolphin Conspiracies Sat Jan 20, 2024 12:45 am

Welshy wrote:

Trindall a gut pick?

You could be right. It might not make sense to have both Trindall and Hynes.... Thought I remembered he scored well even with a dominant half last year. Probably one of the weaker picks

Last edited by The Dolphin Conspiracies on Sat Jan 20, 2024 12:49 am; edited 1 time in total
    Welshy
    Welshy

Post by Welshy Sat Jan 20, 2024 12:46 am

The Dolphin Conspiracies wrote:

You could be right. I might not make sense to have both Trindall and Hynes.... Thought I remembered he scored well even with a dominant half last year. Probably one of the weaker picks

Think he's priced pretty much where he scores alongside Hynes buddy.
    the_great_wobbler
    the_great_wobbler

Post by the_great_wobbler Sat Jan 20, 2024 1:08 am

The Dolphin Conspiracies wrote:Bit weird this early in the season and not seeing any team lists Very Happy

Lussick
    Haas Cotter Harris
    Lane Schuster
    Hynes Cleary
    Iro Xerri
    Stewart Papenhuyzen Kini

Go on then

Cheese
    Haas Murray Curran
    Wong Piakura
    Cleary Fog
    Penisini Lomax
    Pap Campbell Stewart

Knight Leniu Schuster Strange
    Hughes Iro Cartwright Willison

Lots of picks that can't be confirmed till they actually get named in the position of interest so this will certainly change.

Thinking about spending some money in my centres this season on some guys who I think could be a little undervalued. Kiraz an option there if he gets ctr DPP as well. Last season I spent more trades than I wanted to in centres for minimal profit (Alamoti, HSS) and would rather take a punt on cheaper wfbs and mids. Looking for this year's Gagai.

Broad strategy is targetting r13 players from the start, and looking to pickup Hynes r6.
    multiple.scoregasms
    multiple.scoregasms
    Fanatic

Post by multiple.scoregasms Sat Jan 20, 2024 5:57 am

filthridden wrote:in saying that, there was an article today about how RTS will have a "roving" role this year so Warriors could be doing the same thing. :/

RTS has been involved in 2 of the times it has been successful

RTS and Minichiello

RTS and Walsh

Maybe you just need to not play for the Dragons
    multiple.scoregasms
    multiple.scoregasms
    Fanatic

Post by multiple.scoregasms Sat Jan 20, 2024 5:59 am

robelgordo wrote:Won’t lie that Wighton hot take had me looking at his starting price. Forgot he was suspended. Probably need to wait for a dip in price or something

This is how I expect it to play out. Few low scoring fantasy games at centre drops his price, Ilias/Walker/Latrell injury/form forces Wighton into the spine and he holds the spot for the year
    Snatchpato
    Snatchpato

Post by Snatchpato Sat Jan 20, 2024 6:23 am

L-Jimmy wrote:

I believe you.

Can put up you and your incredibly forgiving fiancee for a couple of weeks while you get hired at Dili International School. Nice team there at the moment - very happy staff room.

In return, I require a suitcase full of icepacks and cheese - equal volumes.
    Sounds like a win. I assume DIS is looking for an obnoxiously loud math teacher to come in and demand only the top math classes?

I do require access to a scooter 24/7. Provide that and I'll provide your cheese and ice*.

*not guaranteed to be in solid form
    Daedalus
    Daedalus

Post by Daedalus Sat Jan 20, 2024 6:56 am

The Dolphin Conspiracies wrote:

Fogarty is going to get a record deal to convert to Rugby and play for the Wallabies cheer

You say “fogarty” and “record deal” and I think CCR
    GreenSchist
    GreenSchist

Post by GreenSchist Sat Jan 20, 2024 8:49 am

the_great_wobbler wrote:

Go on then

Cheese
    Haas Murray Curran
    Wong Piakura
    Cleary Fog
    Penisini Lomax
    Pap Campbell Stewart

Knight Leniu Schuster Strange
    Hughes Iro Cartwright Willison

Lots of picks that can't be confirmed till they actually get named in the position of interest so this will certainly change.

Thinking about spending some money in my centres this season on some guys who I think could be a little undervalued. Kiraz an option there if he gets ctr DPP as well. Last season I spent more trades than I wanted to in centres for minimal profit (Alamoti, HSS) and would rather take a punt on cheaper wfbs and mids. Looking for this year's Gagai.

Broad strategy is targetting r13 players from the start, and looking to pickup Hynes r6.

How confident do you feel about running only one Hooker, especially when said HOK is Cheese and seems to pick up a niggling injury every third game? Are we confident Cheese is coming in to the season in better shape and conditioning? If he avoids injuries (or suspensions) then he's the perfect Hooker to have, as you don't need to worry about byes until round 14.

I'm currently rolling with Cheese as my only hooker in order to fit in Hynes, Fogarty and Cleary but don't feel good about it and doubt I end up with that lineup.
    GreenSchist
    GreenSchist

Post by GreenSchist Sat Jan 20, 2024 9:07 am

Lussick
    Haas Cotter Harris
    Lane Schuster
    Hynes Cleary
    Iro Xerri
    Stewart Papenhuyzen Kini

Backing Kini to win the fullback spot over Campbell?
    Rumours Critter will remain a center with Taffe or Tracey taking the Fullback spot would mean Xerri isn't a guarantee for a spot..

Would love clarity on whether Lussick has the starting spot and isn't splitting significant minutes with a bench utility. I lean towards lower minutes but looking forward to seeing how it plays out in the preseason.
    White Lightning
    White Lightning
    Fanatic

Post by White Lightning Sat Jan 20, 2024 9:26 am

GreenSchist wrote:

Backing Kini to win the fullback spot over Campbell?
    Rumours Critter will remain a center with Taffe or Tracey taking the Fullback spot would mean Xerri isn't a guarantee for a spot..

Would love clarity on whether Lussick has the starting spot and isn't splitting significant minutes with a bench utility. I lean towards lower minutes but looking forward to seeing how it plays out in the preseason.

if 1 of lussick or hands starts with no hok/utility on the bench lock him in but if both are in the 17 then pass...there seems to be arguments for both a lot of content creators favour lussick to start but on the eels forum they favour hands as he's a better ball distributor from dh...in other words i have not answered your question Very Happy
    White Lightning
    White Lightning
    Fanatic

Post by White Lightning Sat Jan 20, 2024 9:37 am

starling decribes yesterday's training in 1 word...hell
    GreenSchist
    GreenSchist

Post by GreenSchist Sat Jan 20, 2024 9:41 am

White Lightning wrote:

if 1 of lussick or hands starts with no hok/utility on the bench lock him in but if both are in the 17 then pass...there seems to be arguments for both a lot of content creators favour lussick to start but on the eels forum they favour hands as he's a better ball distributor from dh...in other words i have not answered your question Very Happy

Laughing I agree. Reeks of a timeshare and an avoid, whoever ends up starting out of Lussick or Hands. TLT could always throw in some spice though.

I'm preferring other Hooker options atm such as Egan and J.Brailey
    Milchcow
    Milchcow

Post by Milchcow Sat Jan 20, 2024 10:41 am

White Lightning wrote:

Eels are one of the later games in the round.

What is Hands starts and Lussick ends up on the bench playing in jersey 21 (and/or Lussick makes the bench in round 2)

Potentially not a lot of options to pivot to. You either want to be confident that whoever gets it has a secure role, or be willing to take the risk that the Eels coach doesn't care about your fantasy team, and may stuff with rotations
    No Worries
    No Worries

NRL FF Survivor Champion : I'm like the waterboy.

Post by No Worries Sat Jan 20, 2024 11:08 am

The App is up !!

Current date/time is Fri Sep 20, 2024 2:09 am