NRL Fantasy Fanatics

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

NRL Fantasy Fanatics

NRL Fantasy Fanatics - A place for discussion of NRL Fantasy / Virtual Sports / Super Coach and other Fantasy Sports

NRL Fantasy 2024 Part 2 - We've all been waiting for Weekes

mattnz
    Fanatic

NRL Fantasy 2024 Part 2 - We've all been waiting for Weekes - Page 14 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2024 Part 2 - We've all been waiting for Weekes

Post by mattnz Thu Feb 01, 2024 3:55 pm

Camo123 wrote:

Crichton is an Australian international who had a rough 2023 off field and has said he is fine mentally now. Wong has played less than 10 games. IMO if Crichton is mentally fine and starting I don’t know why they’d limit his output.

Surprised at Harper average but he doesn’t really have value outside of your gut feel. He was already on a decent attacking edge usually.

Harper average:
    With Turbo - 39
    Without Turbo - 34

Not playing with Turbo this season.
    The Dolphin Conspiracies
    The Dolphin Conspiracies

NRL Fantasy 2024 Part 2 - We've all been waiting for Weekes - Page 14 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2024 Part 2 - We've all been waiting for Weekes

Post by The Dolphin Conspiracies Thu Feb 01, 2024 4:13 pm

mattnz wrote:

Curran was interviewed by Denan Kemp recently, he said he wanted the lock position and if he didn't get that, he would be going for an EDG. No mention of playing prop, a position that he has started the game in 0 times in his career.

He regularly played at MID of the bench last year. The interview you shared with Kiraz the other day mentioned that Mann was the toughest person on the team and how much he was going to enjoy playing alongside him. just because a player wants a position does not mean they are going to get it
    Alfie
    Alfie

Post by Alfie Thu Feb 01, 2024 4:28 pm

The Dolphin Conspiracies wrote:

He regularly played at MID of the bench last year. The interview you shared with Kiraz the other day mentioned that Mann was the toughest person on the team and how much he was going to enjoy playing alongside him. just because a player wants a position does not mean they are going to get it

I would completely ignore that NRL.com predicted lineup. A middle of King, Curran and Mann would get steamrolled week in week out (any combination of the Bulldogs middles probably isn't NRL standard to be fair). Surely they don't run Taaffe and Salmon on the bench too
    The Dolphin Conspiracies
    The Dolphin Conspiracies

Post by The Dolphin Conspiracies Thu Feb 01, 2024 4:31 pm

mattnz wrote:

Harper average:
    With Turbo - 39
    Without Turbo - 34

Not playing with Turbo this season.

Exactly? If Brown/Gutho/Lane/Sivo are playing and firing Harper scores in the 40s, which he has done most seasons in his career that have not been COVID affected or where there has been a key playmaker taken out of the team.

it is a bit gutfeel, i do admit, but so is the vehement opposition to him

Last edited by The Dolphin Conspiracies on Thu Feb 01, 2024 4:32 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Rabbits21
    Rabbits21
    Fanatic

Post by Rabbits21 Thu Feb 01, 2024 4:31 pm

Camo123 wrote:

Hutchison and RFM won’t be PODs if they get the spot, it’s just a case of whether they get the spot

I’m surprised if you’re trying to be different you’re picking Wong. I actually think he’s a trap.

His only 80 min games have come with injury/send offs
    R23: Brown sent off on first tackle, May and Baker with 16 min and 0 mins on bench (no Crichton on bench)
    R26: Manu injured after 20 mins (played game out at CTR)
    FW1: Suaali’i and Manu injured (played game out at CTR)

Crichton if he starts could be a keeper EDG with historical 50+ scores
    Pretty sure they came out and said Sexton will get first crack at halfback
    mattnz
    Fanatic

Post by mattnz Thu Feb 01, 2024 4:44 pm

Camo123 wrote:

Hutchison and RFM won’t be PODs if they get the spot, it’s just a case of whether they get the spot

I’m surprised if you’re trying to be different you’re picking Wong. I actually think he’s a trap.

His only 80 min games have come with injury/send offs
    R23: Brown sent off on first tackle, May and Baker with 16 min and 0 mins on bench (no Crichton on bench)
    R26: Manu injured after 20 mins (played game out at CTR)
    FW1: Suaali’i and Manu injured (played game out at CTR)

Crichton if he starts could be a keeper EDG with historical 50+ scores

The other that I think is an over-rated opportunity is Piakura. In NRL and Queensland Cup he averages 40.

While he has decent value, EDGs that average 40 typically get replaced in your team quickly, so you don't get the full 11 points in value from his starting price of 29.

Other guys in his price range and a bit over that can average 45-50+ you don't need to trade out quickly - RFM, Schuster, Curran, Crichton. I would have all of them ahead of him.

Alfie
    Alfie

Post by Alfie Thu Feb 01, 2024 4:51 pm

The Dolphin Conspiracies wrote:

Exactly? If Brown/Gutho/Lane/Sivo are playing and firing Harper scores in the 40s, which he has done most seasons in his career that have not been COVID affected or where there has been a key playmaker taken out of the team.

it is a bit gutfeel, i do admit, but so is the vehement opposition to him

For Harper to be worthwhile (who is priced at 38), your gut must be telling you he is a season keeper. Surely the likes of Holmes, Tago, Manu, Gagai etc will blow him out of the water. Even his centre partner should outshine him.
    mattnz
    Fanatic

Post by mattnz Thu Feb 01, 2024 4:52 pm

Rabbits21 wrote:

No-one told Hutchison. Thinks he is in the running.
    Alfie
    Alfie

Post by Alfie Thu Feb 01, 2024 4:56 pm

Rabbits21 wrote:

There were rumours at the end of last year that the coaching staff were considering moving Burton to the centres. NRL.com seems to concur according to their questionable predicted lineup for the dogs.

Hutcho/Sexton halves pairing potentially. Hutcho could well pip Sexton regardless - if this all proves to be fluff

Post by Guest Thu Feb 01, 2024 6:43 pm

mattnz wrote:

Just keep an eye out if Radley gets injured and he starts playing lock. In NSW Cup, he was playing 80 minutes at lock towards the end of last season, with scores of 60, 70, 58, 71 and 70 with just 2 tries total in those games.

Watson is back.
    If Crichton is back and healthy I honestly can’t see Wong making the team at all tbh.
    the_great_wobbler
    the_great_wobbler

Post by the_great_wobbler Thu Feb 01, 2024 7:49 pm

The Dolphin Conspiracies wrote:A good pre-season team list should not be cookie-cutter. It should promote vociferous debate that promotes just enough cognitive dissonance to allow people to challenge their perspective and make errors before the season rather than during.

With this in mind, I present my current team list featuring 3 x < 1%ers and an additional 2 x < 3% ers.

PS I am serious about Harper. He is a super POD because of the Talakai incident, but his fantasy pedigree at CTR is actually quite consistent and good. By shifting from Moanly to the Eels and joining the lethal Brown-Lane-Sivo side, I am taking the gamble that he will score a low to mid-40s average and turbo boost my season. At 0.1% ownership, it could be the ballsy move MattNZ wishes he had made but was not smart enough to make.

If not, as Camo suggests, I can just filter down to the best-performing base price CTR on the way up.

Lussick
    Yeo Mann Harris
    Wong Piakura
    Hynes Hutchison
    Harper Strange
    Papenhuyzen Ponga Campbell

B.Smith Schuster Faitala-Mariner Baker
    Weekes J. Cartwright Cotric Talau

Lussick
    Flegler Curran Cotter
    Luki Blore
    Clearly Munster
    Suaalii Staggs (redemption arc)
    Pap Sivo Stewart

RFM Cheese Schuster Knight
    Levi Hughes Bostock Weekes

Pile of guys I think are undervalued and I like watching, some cheapies for the budget plus Staggs who I had last year through 13 rounds and want to punish myself again (actually think he goes looking for a bit more work in Herbies absence and the Broncos get better again this year)

Vociferise away
    Mulvy
    Mulvy

Post by Mulvy Thu Feb 01, 2024 8:01 pm

I must have missed the memo. Harper is training on Eels left edge??
    No More Bunker
    No More Bunker

Post by No More Bunker Thu Feb 01, 2024 8:27 pm

So whose this Souths player Gus Gould is chasing for an immediate release ? - Souce Daily Telegraph

Bulldogs tour: Gould’s secret meeting with Souths gun
    An injured South Sydney heavyweight has toured Canterbury’s facilities, meeting Phil Gould and Cameron Ciraldo about joining the club effective immediately.
    Camo123
    Camo123
    Fanatic

Post by Camo123 Thu Feb 01, 2024 8:32 pm

No More Bunker wrote:So whose this Souths player Gus Gould is chasing for an immediate release ? - Souce Daily Telegraph

Bulldogs tour: Gould’s secret meeting with Souths gun
    An injured South Sydney heavyweight has toured Canterbury’s facilities, meeting Phil Gould and Cameron Ciraldo about joining the club effective immediately.

D Fifita. But not that one
    No More Bunker
    No More Bunker

Post by No More Bunker Thu Feb 01, 2024 8:34 pm

Camo123 wrote:

D Fifita. But not that one

Cheers Mate Cheers

Didn't realise Daniel Suluka-Fifita is a Gun.

Funny stuff from The Telegraph
    Alfie
    Alfie

Post by Alfie Thu Feb 01, 2024 8:45 pm

the_great_wobbler wrote:

Lussick
    Flegler Curran Cotter
    Luki Blore
    Clearly Munster
    Pap Sivo Stewart

Pile of guys I think are undervalued and I like watching, some cheapies for the budget plus Staggs who I had last year through 13 rounds and want to punish myself again (actually think he goes looking for a bit more work in Herbies absence and the Broncos get better again this year)

Vociferise away

I don’t think Luki starts; could be wrong. Do centres really look for work outside Manu and Turbo in Origin? You’re a brave man banking on two mid centres to jump to gun tear. I like the Munster pick.
    OB
    OB

Post by OB Thu Feb 01, 2024 8:53 pm

I know this is probably craziness, but is there any value in Ezra Mam at 450k coming into his third season? Missed tackles are one of his biggest problems (4.5/game) and he had some knee issues for pretty much the whole season last year.

Purely a thought and no intention of actually putting him in at this point.
    the_great_wobbler
    the_great_wobbler

Post by the_great_wobbler Thu Feb 01, 2024 9:43 pm

Alfie wrote:

I don’t think Luki starts; could be wrong. Do centres really look for work outside Manu and Turbo in Origin? You’re a brave man banking on two mid centres to jump to gun tear. I like the Munster pick.

Yeah Leilua might get the nod. NRL predicted teams have Luki starting which is never a good sign.

Re Staggs he showed a few games of real intent towards the end of the season and losing a grand final like they did should sting. Honestly probably don't start with him but every year there's a guy I feel like I went a year too early on.

Suaalii needs to be on the wing (keeping goal kicking would also be great) but there's talk of origin now which I think could be a big motivator and surely (lol) the Roosters can actually start a season strong for a change.

Last year a team I started with my wife to try get her interested (didn't happen 😞) ended up top 50 following Booze's for fun ethos so trying to embrace that a bit more this year.
    Welshy
    Welshy

Post by Welshy Thu Feb 01, 2024 10:22 pm

L-Jimmy wrote:Huh, didn't realise SOS was 590k. Yes, please.

SOS was my early call for leap into the upper echelon of fantasy halfs this year. The gut call as it were
    rhinoceroo
    rhinoceroo
    Fanatic

Post by rhinoceroo Thu Feb 01, 2024 10:43 pm

the_great_wobbler wrote:

Lussick
    Flegler Curran Cotter
    Luki Blore
    Clearly Munster
    Pap Sivo Stewart

Vociferise away

Not going to comment on individual players as if you enjoy watching them, you enjoy watching them (do you really enjoy watching Bostock though?) What I will say is that three Storm players and an early bye could be problematic.

Current date/time is Tue Sep 17, 2024 5:28 am