NRL Fantasy Fanatics

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

NRL Fantasy Fanatics

NRL Fantasy Fanatics - A place for discussion of NRL Fantasy / Virtual Sports / Super Coach and other Fantasy Sports

NRL Fantasy 2024 Part 2 - We've all been waiting for Weekes

The Bludger#2
    The Bludger#2

NRL Fantasy 2024 Part 2 - We've all been waiting for Weekes - Page 35 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2024 Part 2 - We've all been waiting for Weekes

Post by The Bludger#2 Tue Feb 06, 2024 8:52 pm

rhinoceroo wrote:

Think there's a bit of hopium around Smithies' role/minutes when they have young players who've been in their system for longer that can fill in well. In these interviews Fogarty and Whitehead both namecheck "Ata"(Mariota) and "Trey"(Mooney), not Smithies. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qAgEn94moKE

Also in that interview, Fogarty mentions both Weekes and Strange as possible halves partners, but Whitehead singles out Strange.

Try this speculation instead (without having any real clue who the hookers will be. Could be Levi. And it might be Hosking on the bench because he can cover centre):

Papalii 40
    HookerA 50
    Tapine 55
    Young 80
    Whitehead 70
    Hors 60

HookerB 30
    Mariota 40
    Mooney 30
    Hosking/Smithies 25

That would make Mariota the most interesting, but there's a limit to how many Raiders cows you can comfortably hold.

This is the main issue I am facing with considering Smithies.
    I'm sure he's going to be an excellent middie eventually, someone likened him to the great Feansom, but with Strange, Weekes, Stewart, and Fog-god in the mix that's too many Raiders to carry.
    Rabbits21
    Rabbits21
    Fanatic

NRL Fantasy 2024 Part 2 - We've all been waiting for Weekes - Page 35 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2024 Part 2 - We've all been waiting for Weekes

Post by Rabbits21 Tue Feb 06, 2024 8:53 pm

rhinoceroo wrote:

Go for the winger in the better team. You're a sucker for a downvote.
    Ok looks like Munro then!
    Rabbits21
    Rabbits21
    Fanatic

Post by Rabbits21 Tue Feb 06, 2024 8:57 pm

Camo123 wrote:

You’d know more but all the talk is Munro will just go back to NSW cup when Wighton returns with Tass to wing

If Campbell was out (and known before R1) I’d be between freeing up money for Teddy and Sivo
    Where has that talk come from? If it’s from Guru it’s not right.

Tass has mainly trained centre and some second row over the off season. He’s only trained a bit of wing.

Munro has been told it’s his spot if he plays well so it’s his spot to lose. He will get first crack. He’s very very fast and talented.
    The Dolphin Conspiracies
    The Dolphin Conspiracies

Post by The Dolphin Conspiracies Tue Feb 06, 2024 9:00 pm

rhinoceroo wrote:

A bargain compared to Nathan Brown

https://footystatistics.com/index.php?p=500647

what about tuplilotu - he has not signed elsewhere yet?

Dolphins v Capras trial game team list

Trai Fuller
    Brenton Baira
    Tesi Niu
    Valynce Te Whare
    Jack Bostock
    Kurt Donoghoe
    Gerome Burns
    Max Bailey
    Trey Brown
    Cooper Jenkins
    Jeremiah Simbiken
    Oryn Keeley
    Mason Teague
    Aaron Moore
    Lachlan Hubner
    Judah Rimbu
    Max Plath
    Brent Woolf
    Jaron Purcell
    Caleb Jackson
    Steven Numambo
    Aublix Tawha
    Manase Kaho
    Coach: Nathan Fien
    White Lightning
    White Lightning
    Fanatic

Post by White Lightning Tue Feb 06, 2024 9:03 pm

i thought tuipoloto signed for dragons as soon as released
    mattnz
    Fanatic

Post by mattnz Tue Feb 06, 2024 9:03 pm

The Dolphin Conspiracies wrote:

what about tuplilotu - he has not signed elsewhere yet?

The fact he is being released to sign elsewhere says he isn't getting the wing spot.
    The Dolphin Conspiracies
    The Dolphin Conspiracies

Post by The Dolphin Conspiracies Tue Feb 06, 2024 9:12 pm

mattnz wrote:

Its all their MIDs except for Jurbo and Sipley.

All their wingers except Saab (hearing that Garrick will be CTR this season).

Look to be the key positions that there is competition for places.

Haha - How many squares on mattNZ bingo do we have here?

STATEMENT it is pretty much the reserve grade side...

RESPONSE no it is not it has got half the MIDS and half the WNGs of the first-grade side

Last edited by The Dolphin Conspiracies on Tue Feb 06, 2024 9:14 pm; edited 1 time in total
    SandroTilocca
    SandroTilocca

Post by SandroTilocca Tue Feb 06, 2024 9:12 pm

The Dolphin Conspiracies wrote:Rabbitohs Squad:

1. Braidon Burns (c)
    2. Leon Te Hau
    3. Taane Milne
    4. Adam Christensen
    5. Leonard Skelton
    6. Jarrett Subloo
    7. Emmanuel Di Bartolo
    8. Brock Gray
    9. Ryan Gray
    10. Cade Maloney
    11. Maila Chanfoon
    12. Nicholas Halalilo
    13. Yileen Gordon

Interchange

14. Bayleigh Bentley-Hope
    15. Harry Quinlan
    16. Chase Chapman
    17. Tristan Alvarado
    18. Richard Holani
    19. Matthew French
    20. Tyson Hodge
    21. Marco Moretti

Coach: Joe O'Callaghan

Sea Eagles Squad (alphabetical order)

1. Josh Aloiai (c)
    2. Luke Brooks
    3. Nathan Brown
    4. Ethan Bullemor
    5. Gordon Chan Kum Tong
    6. Ben Condon
    7. Clayton Faulalo
    8. Bailey Hodgson
    9. Lehi Hopoate
    10. Jamie Humphreys
    11. Aitasi James
    12. Karl Lawton
    13. Max Lehmann
    14. Dean Matterson
    15. Taniela Paseka
    16. Jaxson Paulo
    17. Tommy Talau
    18. Ben Trbojevic
    19. Raymond Tuaimalo Veaga
    20. Corey Waddell
    21. Brandon Wakeham
    22. Aaron Woods

Trials next weekend are going to be a little dull if this is all they are serving up

Yileen Gordon wow what a throwback, hasn't played NRL since 2010 or so
    Alfie
    Alfie

Post by Alfie Tue Feb 06, 2024 9:19 pm

mattnz wrote:

Nathan Brown could be an interesting pick over Origin if Jurbo is selected. Would likely go from a small minute role to a big minute lock for the 2nd and 3rd Origin rounds.

Wonder if Lawton can land starting EDG, with no sign of Schuster.

Manly looks like a side cobbled together with the rejects of other squads - Waddell, Woods, Wakeham, Paulo, Talau, Condon, Bullemor, Brown. I guess that is what happens when you blow your wad on very few players on huge contracts.

Pretty handy for cup players though no? Only Bullemor and Paulo will make the side.
    my tv broke
    my tv broke
    Fanatics Immortal

Post by my tv broke Tue Feb 06, 2024 9:22 pm

The Dolphin Conspiracies wrote:

alphabetical order mtb - i think no relation to the position they will take on the field and the reserve grade side apart from brooks

I really thought it was obvious i was joking, given the response to Brown at centre. And well.
    rhinoceroo
    rhinoceroo
    Fanatic

Post by rhinoceroo Tue Feb 06, 2024 9:22 pm

Alfie wrote:

Pretty handy for cup players though no? Only Bullemor and Paulo will make the side.

It does sound like Brown could at least make the bench. They're shifting that winger off to the Dragons to get him in top 30. Other than that yeah, only Paulo and maybe Bullemor.
    rhinoceroo
    rhinoceroo
    Fanatic

Post by rhinoceroo Tue Feb 06, 2024 9:24 pm

my tv broke wrote:

I really thought it was obvious i was joking, given the response to Brown at centre. And well.

Think most of us got it, but humour can be, well you know, funny.
    Alfie
    Alfie

Post by Alfie Tue Feb 06, 2024 9:26 pm

rhinoceroo wrote:

It does sound like Brown could at least make the bench. They're shifting that winger off to the Dragons to get him in top 30. Other than that yeah, only Paulo and maybe Bullemor.

Who for? Would of thought it’d be Chan Kum Dog, Aloiai, Burbo and Bullemor. Waddell first cab off the rank.
    Alfie
    Alfie

Post by Alfie Tue Feb 06, 2024 9:27 pm

my tv broke wrote:

Apparently Dolphin and MattNZ think you’re a moron Laugh 3
    The Dolphin Conspiracies
    The Dolphin Conspiracies

Post by The Dolphin Conspiracies Tue Feb 06, 2024 9:33 pm

my tv broke wrote:

it would solve the problem of having no cheap CTRs cheer
    rhinoceroo
    rhinoceroo
    Fanatic

Post by rhinoceroo Tue Feb 06, 2024 9:34 pm

Alfie wrote:

Who for? Would of thought it’d be Chan Kum Dog, Aloiai, Burbo and Bullemor. Waddell first cab off the rank.

Well, if Schuster isn't starting the season and Burbo is promoted then that frees up one spot straight away. There'll always be injuries somewhere in a pack anyway. Not sure Waddell/Bullemor will be ahead of him either given the amount of houses that have apparently been collapsed at Manly training.
    the_great_wobbler
    the_great_wobbler

Post by the_great_wobbler Tue Feb 06, 2024 9:35 pm

rhinoceroo wrote:

A bargain compared to Nathan Brown

https://footystatistics.com/index.php?p=500647

Just gotta put up a -12 in your last game of the season and underflow your price. Fantasy coaches hate this one trick. . .
    Alfie
    Alfie

Post by Alfie Tue Feb 06, 2024 9:43 pm

rhinoceroo wrote:

Well, if Schuster isn't starting the season and Burbo is promoted then that frees up one spot straight away. There'll always be injuries somewhere in a pack anyway. Not sure Waddell/Bullemor will be ahead of him either given the amount of houses that have apparently been collapsed at Manly training.

I think Bullemor’s been really good last couple of years. Manly have decent depth this year for the first time in a decade it seems; not sure what MattNZ is on about. Matt Lodge to come back soon as well. Also, Seibold rubbished all the Schuster talk recently and said he’s confident he’ll be on the plane; worst case scenario he misses a week in all likelihood. Have you got the Nathan Brown article?
    mattnz
    Fanatic

Post by mattnz Tue Feb 06, 2024 9:45 pm

rhinoceroo wrote:

Apparently both Lodge and Sipley miss the start of the season. Have just been looking at the Silvertails forum and they are expecting that with that and Keppie moving on, they will need Jurbo in the prop rotation, likely opening up a spot for Brown at lock. Its a good sign that he was in the scrimmage for the top team.

Would expect round 1 line up to be something like:
    8. Paseka
    9. Croker
    10. Jurbo
    11. Olakau'atu
    12. Schuster
    13. Brown

14. GCKT
    15. Bullemor
    16. Waddell or Burbo
    17. Aloiai

my tv broke
    my tv broke
    Fanatics Immortal

Post by my tv broke Tue Feb 06, 2024 9:48 pm

Jake Trbo is moving to prop because some people on a fan forum think he should?

Current date/time is Fri Sep 20, 2024 3:15 am