NRL Fantasy Fanatics

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

NRL Fantasy Fanatics

NRL Fantasy Fanatics - A place for discussion of NRL Fantasy / Virtual Sports / Super Coach and other Fantasy Sports

NRL Fantasy 2024 Part 3 - Half the height we want

Milchcow
    Milchcow

NRL Fantasy 2024 Part 3 - Half the height we want - Page 10 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2024 Part 3 - Half the height we want

Post by Milchcow Wed Feb 14, 2024 8:36 am

multiple.scoregasms wrote:

Tigers - Sullivan the front runner for 6 over Galvin and Fainu

Sullivan probably still front runner, but Fainu is suspended and misses this game anyway
    rhinoceroo
    rhinoceroo
    Fanatic

NRL Fantasy 2024 Part 3 - Half the height we want - Page 10 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2024 Part 3 - Half the height we want

Post by rhinoceroo Wed Feb 14, 2024 8:50 am

multiple.scoregasms wrote:My take on trial teams that haven't been covered already

Bulldogs - Salmon at lock gives an interesting insight into possible play style. We may see Mann, Salmon, Oloapu(if he is ever fit) spend time at lock in the ball playing role. Definitely has a flow on effect to Curran if it eventuates

Storm - Reimis and Seve look to be the front runners for the centre spots which gives a not basement price centre option with job security. Think I'd rather pay 395k for Reimis than 600k for a "gun"

Knights - Jenkins, Tuala and Mapapalangi in a shoot out for 1 wing spot. Not really much fantasy relevance unless Mapapalangi gets the spot

Sharks - Looks like a reserve grade side with Wilton and McInnes getting a bit of match fitness. Think the Iro dreams are dead

Manly - Talau, Vaega and Paulo probably playing for one spot. Interested in the Nathan Brown impact but we probably have to wait a few games to see how that plays out

Eels - Didn't expect it to be this close but looks like Lane, Matterson, Tuilagi are playing for the edge spots. Unsure why Carty isn't named (injury?) with Hopgood almost certainly the 13

Raiders - Couple of positional battles here with Stewart and Savage the fullback prospects while Weekes and Strange play for the 6 jersey. At 9 it looks like Levi is 3rd in line

Rabbitohs - Keppie starting prop could be interesting if he has jumped the old plodder in the pecking order

Dragons - Fifita and Egan the possible bolters for round 1 bench spot

Warriors - CHT an outside chance of taking the 6 from Metcalf

Tigers - Sullivan the front runner for 6 over Galvin and Fainu

Broncos - No sign of Arthars could spell trouble for cheap centres

Hard to know how to read these lists until looking in retrospect next week. Eg. Is Lussick not there for the same reason Guth/Brown/Moses aren't, because they're the first choice spine? Or is it because Hands is ahead. Ditto Levi with Fogarty. Are Melbourne playing their first choice centres or are they deliberately leaving out their first choice centres?
    L-Jimmy
    L-Jimmy

Post by L-Jimmy Wed Feb 14, 2024 9:15 am

Will be interesting to see if the rumors about Sloan playing attacking fullback and Lomax playing defence come out at all in the Dragons game.

Hiding Sloan's high ball / tackling weaknesses could give him a points bump, together with another year of learning the trade.

I don't think its a good idea, or will be easy to implement etc, but it could provide a scoring bump.
    Milchcow
    Milchcow

Post by Milchcow Wed Feb 14, 2024 10:07 am

L-Jimmy wrote:Will be interesting to see if the rumors about Sloan playing attacking fullback and Lomax playing defence come out at all in the Dragons game.

Hiding Sloan's high ball / tackling weaknesses could give him a points bump, together with another year of learning the trade.

I don't think its a good idea, or will be easy to implement etc, but it could provide a scoring bump.

Did you say .... hybrid role?
    Milchcow
    Milchcow

Post by Milchcow Wed Feb 14, 2024 10:09 am

rhinoceroo wrote:
    Hard to know how to read these lists until looking in retrospect next week. Eg. Is Lussick not there for the same reason Guth/Brown/Moses aren't, because they're the first choice spine? Or is it because Hands is ahead. Ditto Levi with Fogarty.
    Are Melbourne playing their first choice centres or are they deliberately leaving out their first choice centres?

Agree with this take. Its quite hard to work out why certain people have been rested/started/omitted

Still will be great to analyse the stats next week and jump to a million varying conclusions
    my tv broke
    my tv broke
    Fanatics Immortal

Post by my tv broke Wed Feb 14, 2024 10:24 am

The positional swap stuff never seems to work, but is there any real reason it shouldnt.

When have ball, stand in middle of field. When dont have ball, go to wing. Rocket science etc

Lomax is going to defend much better than Sloan at the back for sure

I guess roosters did it with RTS a while back pretry well? Or am i imagining that
    rhinoceroo
    rhinoceroo
    Fanatic

Post by rhinoceroo Wed Feb 14, 2024 10:29 am

my tv broke wrote:The positional swap stuff never seems to work, but is there any real reason it shouldnt.

When have ball, stand in middle of field. When dont have ball, go to wing. Rocket science etc

Lomax is going to defend much better than Sloan at the back for sure

I guess roosters did it with RTS a while back pretry well? Or am i imagining that

Barba/Holmes at Cronulla (under Flanagan) worked ok. Doesn't mean you can make it work with two other players necessarily, but we'll see.
    robelgordo
    robelgordo
    Fanatic

Post by robelgordo Wed Feb 14, 2024 10:30 am

L-Jimmy wrote:Will be interesting to see if the rumors about Sloan playing attacking fullback and Lomax playing defence come out at all in the Dragons game.

I think it can work and has worked before with other teams including Flanno coached ones.

Lomax defends at FB and kick returns, while Sloan defends wing (and also kick returns from wide).
    In attack, Lomax goes wide and Sloan does the typical FB roil of link player, overlapping into the backline etc.

Plays to both players strengths - Lomax is a better defender, better under a high ball in defense, should get more opportunities under the high ball in attack. The only part of Sloans game that looks 1st grade standard is coming into the backline movements - there is a bit of Peachey in the way he glides across the turf and put defenders in two minds. Also makes ok decisiion on run vs pass, rarely runs into a dead end like Jayden Campbell.
    robelgordo
    robelgordo
    Fanatic

Post by robelgordo Wed Feb 14, 2024 10:32 am

The success of it will come down to whether Sloan can develop into a 1st grade player.

Worked with Mini/RTS obviously

Worked with Barba/Gordon and Barba/Holmes

Lomax will make it work. It's Sloan that is the question mark.
    StormTrooper96
    StormTrooper96

Post by StormTrooper96 Wed Feb 14, 2024 10:36 am

Anyone on here an excel expert? Need help analysing data from a very complex datasheet.
    L-Jimmy
    L-Jimmy

Post by L-Jimmy Wed Feb 14, 2024 10:42 am

StormTrooper96 wrote:Anyone on here an excel expert? Need help analysing data from a very complex datasheet.

They're better Excel people than me, but if you just need the analysis, I can do it for you in python or r.
    rhinoceroo
    rhinoceroo
    Fanatic

Post by rhinoceroo Wed Feb 14, 2024 10:48 am

robelgordo wrote:

I think it can work and has worked before with other teams including Flanno coached ones.

Lomax defends at FB and kick returns, while Sloan defends wing (and also kick returns from wide).
    In attack, Lomax goes wide and Sloan does the typical FB roil of link player, overlapping into the backline etc.

Plays to both players strengths - Lomax is a better defender, better under a high ball in defense, should get more opportunities under the high ball in attack. The only part of Sloans game that looks 1st grade standard is coming into the backline movements - there is a bit of Peachey in the way he glides across the turf and put defenders in two minds. Also makes ok decisiion on run vs pass, rarely runs into a dead end like Jayden Campbell.

For fantasy, I suppose it's bad for Lomax, with fewer tackles than at centre and the only chance for major attacking stats being getting himself on the end of a Dragons backline move.

Sloan? Probably about neutral for fantasy, maybe fewer errors...
    Mulvy
    Mulvy

Post by Mulvy Wed Feb 14, 2024 11:01 am

Milchcow
    Milchcow

Post by Milchcow Wed Feb 14, 2024 11:03 am

StormTrooper96 wrote:Anyone on here an excel expert? Need help analysing data from a very complex datasheet.

How complex is it and want do you want to do?

I don't use excel much professionally, just for my fantasy spreadsheets, but there is tonnes of help available online. The hardest part is phrasing your question correctly to get the answer that you want.
    my tv broke
    my tv broke
    Fanatics Immortal

Post by my tv broke Wed Feb 14, 2024 11:14 am

Mulvy wrote:
    2024 NRL FANTASY LEAGUES REGISTRATION

thanks for reminding me that I need to tell potential dates on Hinge that I am back in league 1, baby. Lining them up etc
    GreenSchist
    GreenSchist

Post by GreenSchist Wed Feb 14, 2024 11:16 am

Titan's assistant coach reckons J.Campbell is aiming for a Round 4-5 return but IMO, he didn't sound confident of that. Sounded more like that was a best case scenario for his return.
    Kini to start the season as fullback.

Assuming you get 3-4 games of Kini to start the season and considering the light draw the Titan's have (Dragons, Bye, Bulldogs, Dolphins, Cowboys, Raiders), Kini could be worth the punt as a quick cash grab.
    40 average over first 3 games would make nearly $100k, with potential to go higher and longer. Worse case scenario you burn a trade switching him to JC when he returns (assuming you have enough cash set aside).

Same time frame given for Fifita's return from pec injury
    my tv broke
    my tv broke
    Fanatics Immortal

Post by my tv broke Wed Feb 14, 2024 11:20 am

GreenSchist wrote:Assuming you get 3-4 games of Kini to start the season and considering the light draw the Titan's have (Dragons, Bye, Bulldogs, Dolphins, Cowboys, Raiders), Kini could be worth the punt as a quick cash grab.

Kini is someone I'd punt on short term for sure. Wouldn't want too many of those types in your squad, but he could bang a few 60s, just as easily as 20s. Roll the dice. Might just last a few weeks longer than expected too.

Maybe Hasler changes things up, but typical Titans adlib footy sort of suits him.
    GreenSchist
    GreenSchist

Post by GreenSchist Wed Feb 14, 2024 11:24 am

my tv broke wrote:

Kini is someone I'd punt on short term for sure. Wouldn't want too many of those types in your squad, but he could bang a few 60s, just as easily as 20s. Roll the dice. Might just last a few weeks longer than expected too.

Maybe Hasler changes things up, but typical Titans adlib footy sort of suits him.

That's my thoughts. Go in with low expectations and plan for the worst (burn a trade to JC).
    The added bonus is starting with Kini in your 17 (if you're that brave) allows you to spend that cash else where and bring in someone like Haas (who I am currently struggling to fit in).

Calculated risk
    Mulvy
    Mulvy

Post by Mulvy Wed Feb 14, 2024 11:26 am

GreenSchist wrote:Titan's assistant coach reckons J.Campbell is aiming for a Round 4-5 return but IMO, he didn't sound confident of that. Sounded more like that was a best case scenario for his return.
    Kini to start the season as fullback.

Assuming you get 3-4 games of Kini to start the season and considering the light draw the Titan's have (Dragons, Bye, Bulldogs, Dolphins, Cowboys, Raiders), Kini could be worth the punt as a quick cash grab.
    40 average over first 3 games would make nearly $100k, with potential to go higher and longer. Worse case scenario you burn a trade switching him to JC when he returns (assuming you have enough cash set aside).

Same time frame given for Fifita's return from pec injury

If Kini puts up a 45 week 1, he goes up 27k and then has a bye. By week 3 we'll have a better idea of pecking order and Campbell's eta, and if Kini is worth it. If Kini puts up a 20 week 1, you could save yourself the heartache by waiting. Those early byes are real killers for cash cow momentum. Cheap starting fullbacks are always awfully tempting though.
    mattnz
    Fanatic

Post by mattnz Wed Feb 14, 2024 11:32 am

Mulvy wrote:

If Kini puts up a 45 week 1, he goes up 27k and then has a bye. By week 3 we'll have a better idea of pecking order and Campbell's eta, and if Kini is worth it. If Kini puts up a 20 week 1, you could save yourself the heartache by waiting. Those early byes are real killers for cash cow momentum. Cheap starting fullbacks are always awfully tempting though.

Averaged 50 in Cup last season. Looks the goods as well, very elusive.

Current date/time is Fri Oct 18, 2024 7:12 pm