NRL Fantasy Fanatics

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

NRL Fantasy Fanatics

NRL Fantasy Fanatics - A place for discussion of NRL Fantasy / Virtual Sports / Super Coach and other Fantasy Sports

NRL Fantasy 2024 Part 4 - A spawning salmon appears

mattnz
    Fanatic

NRL Fantasy 2024 Part 4 - A spawning salmon appears - Page 9 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2024 Part 4 - A spawning salmon appears

Post by mattnz Wed Feb 21, 2024 4:32 pm

my tv broke wrote:

If piakura does miss a week then it makes Carrigan tempting, as someone who loves patty, to hopefully jump out of the blocks and match Haas early on.

Yeah might only be one game at edge but hed get 80 mins and you know hes still going to run/tackle everything. Then just hope he can keep the ball rolling.

Piakura may not be an 80 min player early season either if carrigan fills in out there for 15 mins here and there it could be the boost he needs. Maybe a few more 80 min stints for the handsome man in 2024.wishful thinking for sure, but hes 100k off haas. And hes sexy. Rolled with Patty last year and it was a success

Right through to R11 last season Carrigan lost cash, not really a success.

NRL Fantasy 2024 Part 4 - A spawning salmon appears - Page 9 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2024 Part 4 - A spawning salmon appears

Post by Guest Wed Feb 21, 2024 4:36 pm

my tv broke wrote:

If piakura does miss a week then it makes Carrigan tempting, as someone who loves patty, to hopefully jump out of the blocks and match Haas early on.

Yeah might only be one game at edge but hed get 80 mins and you know hes still going to run/tackle everything. Then just hope he can keep the ball rolling.

Piakura may not be an 80 min player early season either if carrigan fills in out there for 15 mins here and there it could be the boost he needs. Maybe a few more 80 min stints for the handsome man in 2024.wishful thinking for sure, but hes 100k off haas. And hes sexy. Rolled with Patty last year and it was a success

Shaun Lane is not bad either, he has that inquisitive French Policeman look about him
    multiple.scoregasms
    multiple.scoregasms
    Fanatic

Post by multiple.scoregasms Wed Feb 21, 2024 4:38 pm

my tv broke wrote:

Probably have to risk it if hes named to start.

I got the impression they want him to do the ball playing 13 job and he'll be there on TLT1b. I could be way off though. I think they need the salmon 13 to help the halves out.

Fucks me how they use curran and mann as well though. Maybe they want a small mobile pack. Maybe thats good for Kiraz hit up metres. Poasa strikes as a guy who disappears from the team after a few weeks

If that is the role they want (which I expected for some of the game based on how the bench was looking just not the start) than I would expect Mann to be better at it than Salmon. Either way if Salmon starts I'll take him
    my tv broke
    my tv broke
    Fanatics Immortal

Post by my tv broke Wed Feb 21, 2024 4:39 pm

mattnz wrote:

Right through to R11 last season Carrigan lost cash, not really a success.

Umm he was like 710k? to start the year priced at 49 and averaged 57.5.

Yeah big fail
    mrbrownstone
    mrbrownstone

Post by mrbrownstone Wed Feb 21, 2024 4:42 pm

Have looked at almost precisely zero fantasy stuff in the off season, owing to moving houses and other life stuff. So starting from scratch with yesterday's teamlists. A big change from previous seasons so hopefully it pays off. So far I've got Cleary, Pap, Elliott, Weekes, Flanagan and 16 blank spots staring back at me.

Before I go combing through the last 200-odd pages as a bit of light reading, are there any standout posts/resources (aside from the obvious linked in the OP) for the lazy/uninitiated this season?

Good to be back.
    Tigs
    Tigs

Post by Tigs Wed Feb 21, 2024 4:43 pm

Bateman is back training
    my tv broke
    my tv broke
    Fanatics Immortal

Post by my tv broke Wed Feb 21, 2024 4:44 pm

Tigs wrote:Bateman is back training

Thats interesting i thought hed train in the forwards

Badum1

Last edited by my tv broke on Wed Feb 21, 2024 4:48 pm; edited 1 time in total
    multiple.scoregasms
    multiple.scoregasms
    Fanatic

Post by multiple.scoregasms Wed Feb 21, 2024 4:47 pm

my tv broke wrote:

Thats interesting i thought hed train in the forwards

I heard rumours we would get DPP centre again for Bateman
    mattnz
    Fanatic

Post by mattnz Wed Feb 21, 2024 4:48 pm

my tv broke wrote:

Umm he was like 710k? to start the year priced at 49 and averaged 57.5.

Yeah big fail

What are you talking about, was $703k. Lost cash.
    my tv broke
    my tv broke
    Fanatics Immortal

Post by my tv broke Wed Feb 21, 2024 4:52 pm

mattnz wrote:

What are you talking about, was $703k. Lost cash.

Im not sure what youre talking about tbh.

His round 1 BE was 49. He gained cash in the early rounds. His season average was 57.5. but that was not a success apparently. Not quite the famed 10 points of value, i know
    mattnz
    Fanatic

Post by mattnz Wed Feb 21, 2024 4:59 pm

my tv broke wrote:

Im not sure what youre talking about tbh.

His round 1 BE was 49. He gained cash in the early rounds. His season average was 57.5. but that was not a success apparently. Not quite the famed 10 points of value, i know

Just demonstrates the BEs on the site weren't correct for how the season played out. Very few will have held him all season, was heavily sold in his early season slump when he was losing cash and again over the Origin period.
    L-Jimmy
    L-Jimmy

Post by L-Jimmy Wed Feb 21, 2024 5:02 pm

mattnz wrote:

Just demonstrates the BEs on the site weren't correct for how the season played out. Very few will have held him all season, was heavily sold in his early season slump when he was losing cash and again over the Origin period.

Absolutely! I've been saying for some time that the break even estimates would be far more useful if they were perfect forecasts of the player's next score

MTB, why haven't you added this to your site? It seems easy enough to do - just copy over the column on the right.
    my tv broke
    my tv broke
    Fanatics Immortal

Post by my tv broke Wed Feb 21, 2024 5:04 pm

mattnz wrote:

Mate if you want "exact" BE's, pay for the other bald idiots site. Sorry they might be out by one or two points each week 

I dont really know what people trading out whatever guns they hold after one or two bad scores has to do with this. I was quite obviously talking about what i did, and he averaged 57.5 for me, because he is beautiful..why would he ever let me down
    Milchcow
    Milchcow

Post by Milchcow Wed Feb 21, 2024 5:14 pm

Carrigan had 1 poor score early in the year (followed up by 2 slightly less than average) so his price briefly dropped below his starting price.
    But the reason you have to say "until round 11" is because that's when he scored 97, his price shot up again and never got close to his starting price again. Clearly a success for anyone who had him (I guess if you had no trades and had to hold him as a red dot for the last 3 rounds which he missed, you might be a bit disappointed)
    As the saying goes, you only lose the money if you sell. Any player can have a bad score or 2 and drop price.
    I guess some people could have bought him in round 8 or 9 at a slight discount, and revelled in the $20k profit they made over people who held from round 1.

Cleary had also lost money in the opening months of last year. Was he a bad buy?
    my tv broke
    my tv broke
    Fanatics Immortal

Post by my tv broke Wed Feb 21, 2024 5:18 pm

Are you telling me that someone who averages 65 doesnt score exactly 65 every week. The mind boggles
    Shady2K
    Shady2K

Post by Shady2K Wed Feb 21, 2024 5:22 pm

Brendan Piakura has reportedly passed a fitness test to travel to Los Angeles with the Broncos ahead of a week long training camp.

He got through a 90 minute training session with no discomfort, and will be monitored in the lead up to their Las Vegas showdown.
    Chewie
    Chewie
    Fanatic

Post by Chewie Wed Feb 21, 2024 5:22 pm

mrbrownstone wrote:Have looked at almost precisely zero fantasy stuff in the off season, owing to moving houses and other life stuff. So starting from scratch with yesterday's teamlists. A big change from previous seasons so hopefully it pays off. So far I've got Cleary, Pap, Elliott, Weekes, Flanagan and 16 blank spots staring back at me.

Before I go combing through the last 200-odd pages as a bit of light reading, are there any standout posts/resources (aside from the obvious linked in the OP) for the lazy/uninitiated this season?

Good to be back.

Just a quick look ownership wise will give you a bit of a picture, but here's a quick shortlist

HOK: Grant, Cheese, Robson, Lussick, Koro
    MID: Haas, Murray, Hopgood, Curran, Cotter, Leniu, Tatola, Willison, SHughes, Te Kura, SFainu add NBrown
    EDG: Curran, Wong, Hopgood, Lane, Piakura, Willison, Salmon, Blore, Tupouinua, Luki, Geyer
    HLF: Cleary, Hynes, Fogarty, SJ, Mam, Hutchison, Flanagan, Weekes/Strange, LFainu
    CTR: Penis, Holmes, Cobbo, Farnworth, Aitken, HTF, Iro, Strange, Arthars, Xerri, Burbo, Cotric
    WFB: Pappy, Ponga, Teddy, Walsh, Turbo, Latrell, Kini/Campbell, Weekes, Stewart, Arthars, Cotric

add which ever gun you like
    the_great_wobbler
    the_great_wobbler

Post by the_great_wobbler Wed Feb 21, 2024 5:28 pm

mattnz wrote:

I sold him for Haas (over two rounds) during that slump and regretted it for the rest of the season. Diagonal trade and messed up my liquidity pre origin. Something I want to work on getting better at this season.
    robelgordo
    robelgordo
    Fanatic

Post by robelgordo Wed Feb 21, 2024 5:30 pm

Yeah I owned Carigan for 20ish rounds and he scored at his starting price or above the entire time. Definitely made cash. I think there were some people that when gun shopping early when he had 2 ok scores in a row, but the true believers profited in both pts and cash

Last edited by robelgordo on Wed Feb 21, 2024 5:31 pm; edited 1 time in total
    THEGAME
    THEGAME

Post by THEGAME Wed Feb 21, 2024 5:30 pm

For the teams with Kini, who’s the WFB you have in the EME/INT you have for the round 2 buy ?

Current date/time is Thu Sep 19, 2024 11:30 am