NRL Fantasy Fanatics

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

NRL Fantasy Fanatics

NRL Fantasy Fanatics - A place for discussion of NRL Fantasy / Virtual Sports / Super Coach and other Fantasy Sports

NRL Fantasy 2024 Part 4 - A spawning salmon appears

WT Winfield
    WT Winfield

NRL Fantasy 2024 Part 4 - A spawning salmon appears - Page 8 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2024 Part 4 - A spawning salmon appears

Post by WT Winfield Wed Feb 21, 2024 1:46 pm

robelgordo wrote:

I think he's been bought to be in the MID rotation and add some experience. Probably offers a bit of relief for JdB, so he doesn't play huge mins every week, as well as meaning rookies like the Couches are just thrown to the wolves with 30-50 mins every week when they aren't ready.

Yeah looks that way. Su'a and Lucy should be pretty solid. RFM might get a crack if one goes down and he's proven his fitness in the meantime. At least Dragons are looking to fill a weak spot with those acquisitions. Little bit WCW in the 90s-esque though.. had the guy, let him go and become a star elsewhere, then have to pay up to get him back.
    The Dolphin Conspiracies
    The Dolphin Conspiracies

NRL Fantasy 2024 Part 4 - A spawning salmon appears - Page 8 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2024 Part 4 - A spawning salmon appears

Post by The Dolphin Conspiracies Wed Feb 21, 2024 1:55 pm

Milchcow wrote:

Bigger question is whether the Tigers play with a utility on the bench or not. Arguably that is a bigger impact than the goalkicking (he already has ~1 goal a game priced in due to part time kicking last year)

The better way to analyse this is to show his scores at the end of the season when kicking compared to his scores earlier in the season when not kicking
    The Dolphin Conspiracies
    The Dolphin Conspiracies

Post by The Dolphin Conspiracies Wed Feb 21, 2024 1:56 pm

Genderbender wrote:Lucy has been confirmed to the dragons on a 3 year deal.
    Makes sense as to why he wasn’t named in the line up for the cows.

That spoils eisenhuth as an option
    mattnz
    Fanatic

Post by mattnz Wed Feb 21, 2024 2:02 pm

Just looking at Kane Bradley. Played EDG, CTR and wing last season.

https://www.qrl.com.au/players/qrl-premiership/brisbane-tigers/kane-bradley/
    my tv broke
    my tv broke
    Fanatics Immortal

Post by my tv broke Wed Feb 21, 2024 2:06 pm

Not sure i can justify a third of the cap on Bradley
    L-Jimmy
    L-Jimmy

Post by L-Jimmy Wed Feb 21, 2024 2:13 pm

The Dolphin Conspiracies wrote:

That spoils eisenhuth as an option

No, Eisenhuth spoiled Eisenhuth as an option.
    robelgordo
    robelgordo
    Fanatic

Post by robelgordo Wed Feb 21, 2024 2:35 pm

WT Winfield wrote:

Yeah looks that way. Su'a and Lucy should be pretty solid. RFM might get a crack if one goes down and he's proven his fitness in the meantime. At least Dragons are looking to fill a weak spot with those acquisitions. Little bit WCW in the 90s-esque though.. had the guy, let him go and become a star elsewhere, then have to pay up to get him back.

We are in that down cycle rut where will we have to pay overs for journeyman to be competitive for awhile, and hope they build culture and some generational talent comes through the juniors. Talent attracts more talent and so on.

At least it feels like RFM is a tier up in journeyman from say BMM.

The generational talent was supposed to be the 2019 u20s but COVID f-ed their dev and the best one might now be at the Tigers.
    SoylentGreen
    SoylentGreen

Post by SoylentGreen Wed Feb 21, 2024 2:43 pm

robelgordo wrote:

We are in that down cycle rut where will we have to pay overs for journeyman to be competitive for awhile, and hope they build culture and some generational talent comes through the juniors. Talent attracts more talent and so on.

At least it feels like RFM is a tier up in journeyman from say BMM.

The generational talent was supposed to be the 2019 u20s but COVID f-ed their dev and the best one might now be at the Tigers.

Isn't $900k per year an absurdly high price to pay for Leilua though? I couldn't believe it when I heard that he was getting that much.
    mattnz
    Fanatic

Post by mattnz Wed Feb 21, 2024 2:48 pm

SoylentGreen wrote:

Isn't $900k per year an absurdly high price to pay for Leilua though? I couldn't believe it when I heard that he was getting that much.

Could be the 2nd worst contract in the nrl after Schuster
    Milchcow
    Milchcow

Post by Milchcow Wed Feb 21, 2024 3:11 pm

The Dolphin Conspiracies wrote:
    The better way to analyse this is to show his scores at the end of the season when kicking compared to his scores earlier in the season when not kicking

You're including games where Will Smith and Daine Laurie were halves (or Koroisau himself)
    Do you think that share of playmaking duties will repeat with Sezer and Suillivan there? If nothing else its a bunch of general play kicking I would not bank on getting in 2024.

Milchcow
    Milchcow

Post by Milchcow Wed Feb 21, 2024 3:12 pm

I've heard Cowboys are still paying $300k of Lucy's wages, so that wold make the Dragons OK

(Strange as its normally clubs like Dragons and Tigers on the wrong end of paying people to play for the opposition)
    my tv broke
    my tv broke
    Fanatics Immortal

Post by my tv broke Wed Feb 21, 2024 3:16 pm

Not sure if it was noted but J Hunt is not travelling to vegas, Piakura is likely good to go.

According to journo Ted Roker at training, Carrigan will play edge if Piakura is a late withdrawal. Willison and Baker win the bench spots
    robelgordo
    robelgordo
    Fanatic

Post by robelgordo Wed Feb 21, 2024 3:22 pm

One report say 2.7m, one says 2.3m. Seems like a lot for a dude in his position. But I guess Dragons position is we play overs for players that might be in the 10-20 range in their position.

Cowboys have already paid 4 months of year one, so maybe it’s around 2m over 3

Hopefully Lucy throws 100k at one of the Couchman to drive him around over the 3yrs, so now it’s 1.7m over 3 years

Bargain
    WT Winfield
    WT Winfield

Post by WT Winfield Wed Feb 21, 2024 3:22 pm

Breaking news - Nathan Brown has a photo. Not sure I want him now that I see the jersey.
    L-Jimmy
    L-Jimmy

Post by L-Jimmy Wed Feb 21, 2024 3:33 pm

This Salmon Curry malarkey has an Eels hooker feel to it - even if TLT'd there's precious little guarantee of future minutes.

Makes sense in retrospect, as Doggies did hire an awful lot of lock / utility / random back types. We were all taking the piss out of them for buying the same type of player over over again, and now surprised Pikachu face that we can't reliably start with them in fantasy.

That said, he's so cheap that I will probably get the weak gutted dog.
    ynot
    ynot

Post by ynot Wed Feb 21, 2024 3:35 pm

I've been updating projections where I can for the trial news, new injuries and signings.

I've added a "reset projections" option, so you can overwrite your projections with my base ones, to get the latest moves. e.g. I've manually moved Lucy across to the Dragons, added Jacob Alick ($ estimate in) and Poasa Faamausili.
    my tv broke
    my tv broke
    Fanatics Immortal

Post by my tv broke Wed Feb 21, 2024 3:47 pm

L-Jimmy wrote:This Salmon Curry malarkey has an Eels hooker feel to it - even if TLT'd there's precious little guarantee of future minutes.

Makes sense in retrospect, as Doggies did hire an awful lot of lock / utility / random back types. We were all taking the piss out of them for buying the same type of player over over again, and now surprised Pikachu face that we can't reliably start with them in fantasy.

That said, he's so cheap that I will probably get the weak gutted dog.

Probably have to risk it if hes named to start.

I got the impression they want him to do the ball playing 13 job and he'll be there on TLT1b. I could be way off though. I think they need the salmon 13 to help the halves out.

Fucks me how they use curran and mann as well though. Maybe they want a small mobile pack. Maybe thats good for Kiraz hit up metres. Poasa strikes as a guy who disappears from the team after a few weeks

Last edited by my tv broke on Wed Feb 21, 2024 4:08 pm; edited 1 time in total
    mickspicks
    mickspicks

Post by mickspicks Wed Feb 21, 2024 4:06 pm

GreenSchist wrote:

Wasn't Wayne's preference to play 2x 80 min Edges last season?
    From what I have read, Aitken gets the spot because he's been 'training the house down' and Wayne has been really appreciative of his effort (sounds like a Wayne thing to do). It's also helped that Null Null was injured through a portion of the pre season, which probably allowed Aitken to separate himself somewhat.

I wouldn't be surprised to see Aitken named to start the season, in an 80 min role. It's just whether it lasts. A few Phin's losses on the trot and I could see Null Null brought back in - In saying that, once Kaufusi cops a suspension, both guys will have a clear path to minutes).

For whats its worth (not much being a trial), both Kenny and Null Null are named outside the 17 in the Reserves for this weeks match (but so are Kodi, Stone and Wallace).

Kaufusi isn't an 80 minute edge anymore.

Perfect path to reintroduce Null Null, gain more fitness.

Aitken whether Aitken reverts to the bench or not, we will see. He's also been training at both left and right centre. Wouldn't be surprised to see him there at some point (HIAs, injury etc).
    my tv broke
    my tv broke
    Fanatics Immortal

Post by my tv broke Wed Feb 21, 2024 4:21 pm

my tv broke wrote:Not sure if it was noted but J Hunt is not travelling to vegas, Piakura is likely good to go.

According to journo Ted Roker at training, Carrigan will play edge if Piakura is a late withdrawal. Willison and Baker win the bench spots

If piakura does miss a week then it makes Carrigan tempting, as someone who loves patty, to hopefully jump out of the blocks and match Haas early on.

Yeah might only be one game at edge but hed get 80 mins and you know hes still going to run/tackle everything. Then just hope he can keep the ball rolling.

Piakura may not be an 80 min player early season either if carrigan fills in out there for 15 mins here and there it could be the boost he needs. Maybe a few more 80 min stints for the handsome man in 2024.wishful thinking for sure, but hes 100k off haas. And hes sexy. Rolled with Patty last year and it was a success
    The Dolphin Conspiracies
    The Dolphin Conspiracies

Post by The Dolphin Conspiracies Wed Feb 21, 2024 4:31 pm

The Mole suggests that Wayne Bennet might move to the Eels in a coaching director role in collaboration with Brad Arthur https://wwos.nine.com.au/nrl/the-mole-news-2024-wayne-bennett-parramatta-eels-coach-job-brad-arthur-dolphins/93399b62-59cc-454a-b04b-9a8b6d2d0d52

Current date/time is Tue Sep 17, 2024 6:20 am