NRL Fantasy Fanatics

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

NRL Fantasy Fanatics

NRL Fantasy Fanatics - A place for discussion of NRL Fantasy / Virtual Sports / Super Coach and other Fantasy Sports

NRL Fantasy 2024 Part 4 - A spawning salmon appears

mickspicks
    mickspicks

NRL Fantasy 2024 Part 4 - A spawning salmon appears - Page 19 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2024 Part 4 - A spawning salmon appears

Post by mickspicks Fri Feb 23, 2024 1:14 am

BCT05 wrote:JFH anyone?

Frustrated me last season when I picked him up through origin as his scoring was only plodding along at low 40s, but has proven history averaging around 50 and priced at 42. Minutes were only very slightly down last season and no real reason to think he couldn't get back to that ~50 avg.

Having him out in that Rd6 bye along with Cleary would not be ideal of course.

I think Martin could be the move
    mickspicks
    mickspicks

NRL Fantasy 2024 Part 4 - A spawning salmon appears - Page 19 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2024 Part 4 - A spawning salmon appears

Post by mickspicks Fri Feb 23, 2024 1:17 am

Rabbits21 wrote:
    I reckon there is more going on with the Campbell injury I’m far from convinced he will be back round 4/5 it keeps getting pushed back

Dare I say it...

Kini could be training the house down, hence there being no rush to put Campbell in.

Now imagine this.

Kini lights it up and Campbell comes back as 14.

The Titans will be the love story of 2024. Kini will be on everyone's lips by season's end.

Ladder position: 12th.
    King Assassin
    King Assassin

Post by King Assassin Fri Feb 23, 2024 1:48 am

Had a thought with the vegas games being the sunday before tlt for the other teams. Currently have cleary as captain but that may have to change to someone playing in vegas for round 1 since Cleary will be locked at the start of the first game, and if he were to get injured and miss out on round 1 that 1m dollars for someone not playing. A risk some may not be willing to take.
    WT Winfield
    WT Winfield

Post by WT Winfield Fri Feb 23, 2024 2:24 am

Ivan named his squad for the WCC, found on Panthers website.

Taylan May CTR, no Alamoti in the 21. Welcome to the team Bronson Xerri.

Soni Luke outside the 17, trying to set the Kenny trap again.

Also Garner EDG with Sorenson not recovering from the leg injury in time.

Post by Guest Fri Feb 23, 2024 3:48 am

Thoughts on Tony Francis from the Titans who was being talked up on BIAB podcast. Probability of him finding a spot on the wing this season?
    WT Winfield
    WT Winfield

Post by WT Winfield Fri Feb 23, 2024 5:06 am

BaldShitTruck wrote:Thoughts on Tony Francis from the Titans who was being talked up on BIAB podcast. Probability of him finding a spot on the wing this season?

Pretty slim unless there's a bunch of injuries. Titans aren't short on wingers, but trying to find one that can play CTR is a bit musical chairs. Would want to know that he's got a spot for 5+ weeks before cashing out to him. Definitely not someone I'd consider starting with.
    multiple.scoregasms
    multiple.scoregasms
    Fanatic

Post by multiple.scoregasms Fri Feb 23, 2024 5:21 am

my tv broke wrote:

Maybe this game just aint for you my friend.

Whens the sydney meet up this year ?

Hopefully we can get one organised for mid year
    WT Winfield
    WT Winfield

Post by WT Winfield Fri Feb 23, 2024 5:45 am

With the talk of learning from mistakes yesterday, I've bitten the bullet and downgraded Haas to Hopgood and now to Fogarty. Pretty much gotta have Hop at some point, but having one gun half and juggling some mid/cheapie as the 2nd feels like an early game weakness of mine.

Foggy seems to be a couple of points underpriced and no Wighton could raise the ceiling. BHunt and SOS were other tempting options, but Fog feels the safest pick.

Midranger central in the forwards now, but at least have $343k to flick Burbo, Chevy and Weekes/Strange.
    Camo123
    Camo123
    Fanatic

Post by Camo123 Fri Feb 23, 2024 5:57 am

BaldShitTruck wrote:Thoughts on Tony Francis from the Titans who was being talked up on BIAB podcast. Probability of him finding a spot on the wing this season?

Behind Sami, AKP, Fifita, probably Maumalo and HSS
    Mr Trump
    Mr Trump

Post by Mr Trump Fri Feb 23, 2024 6:28 am

Anyone know much about seyfarth? Is he worth bringing in round 1 and use him to loop?
    The Dolphin Conspiracies
    The Dolphin Conspiracies

Post by The Dolphin Conspiracies Fri Feb 23, 2024 7:54 am

WT Winfield wrote:Ivan named his squad for the WCC, found on Panthers website.

Soni LUKE is on the extended bench - but PEACHEY could easily spell KENNY at HOK

GARNER is the most interesting piece of information here - the main thing missing in the current team list is a solid PROP as the 4th player in the rotation - with HENRY and EISENHUTH relatively lower quality. It would seem to make more sense for SORENSEN to come in as that person than shift GARNER back to the bench

Fantasy googles Question Most likely cheer

Last edited by The Dolphin Conspiracies on Fri Feb 23, 2024 9:32 am; edited 1 time in total
    WT Winfield
    WT Winfield

Post by WT Winfield Fri Feb 23, 2024 8:04 am

The Dolphin Conspiracies wrote:

Soni LUKE is on the bench - but PEACHEY could easily spell KENNY

GARNER is the most interesting piece of information here - the main thing missing in the current team list is a solid PROP as the 4th player in the rotation - with HENRY and EISENHUTH relatively lower quality. It would seem to make more sense for SORENSEN to come in as that person than shift GARNER back to the bench

Fantasy googles Question Most likely cheer

Luke is at #21, not on the bench.

Yeo plays 80, JFH 50, Leota 40, Lindsay Smith 40.. Leaves ~30 mins for guys like Henry/Eisenhuth and Peach/Luke/Kenny have slotted in there before too.
    Milchcow
    Milchcow

Post by Milchcow Fri Feb 23, 2024 8:06 am

Mr Trump wrote:Anyone know much about seyfarth? Is he worth bringing in round 1 and use him to loop?

He's played 47 first grade games. He isn't some mystery rookie.

It looks like he is likely to be starting lock come round 2, but you'll have to take your guess at how big his minutes will be.

my tv broke
    my tv broke
    Fanatics Immortal

Post by my tv broke Fri Feb 23, 2024 8:18 am

I'm reasonably convinced:
    -Garner will play edge this year.
    -Kini will just find a way to keep scoring points.
    -TLT part two should be moved forward to an hour before the first vegas game kicks off. CHAOS
    Mulvy
    Mulvy

Post by Mulvy Fri Feb 23, 2024 8:52 am

WT Winfield wrote:Ivan named his squad for the WCC, found on Panthers website.

What's wrong with Luai?
    BCT05
    BCT05

Post by BCT05 Fri Feb 23, 2024 8:58 am

Mulvy wrote:

What's wrong with Luai?

Battling a shoulder injury that required surgery in October.

But supposedly expected to be good for rd1.
    L-Jimmy
    L-Jimmy

Post by L-Jimmy Fri Feb 23, 2024 9:51 am

With 3 rounds of a tacklebot middle straight up, followed by a decent shot of decent minutes, I'm surprised there's not more enthusiasm in Smithies.

Good ESL stats, bought over to play a big role for the milk, and will get DPP. Played a lot of lock for Wigan, 1 game for England

We're not taking a bunch of Raiders backs now, so can grab a forward. Raiders play a hooker bench, and Papa/Guler don't have big motors.

And he's a mate of an NRLFF member!

520k ain't cheap, but it isn't bad for someone who could genuinely put up 50s for 3 rounds with 50-60k cash gen, and is a shot at holding down lock long-term (big Papa to bench, Horsebro to prop makes sense if Smithies is the goods).
    The Dolphin Conspiracies
    The Dolphin Conspiracies

Post by The Dolphin Conspiracies Fri Feb 23, 2024 9:53 am

WT Winfield wrote:

Luke is at #21, not on the bench.

Yeo plays 80, JFH 50, Leota 40, Lindsay Smith 40.. Leaves ~30 mins for guys like Henry/Eisenhuth and Peach/Luke/Kenny have slotted in there before too.

In 2023 JFH's minutes jump and and down all over the place ranging from 20 to 60 (avg 48) Leota is bang-on consistent (avg 40) EISENHUTH (avg 25 minutes) in the games he played in the PROP rotation. Yeo (ave 77 minutes) but there was a increasing trend at the end of the year for him to have a longer spell on the bench. There is undoubtedly a need for someone with SORENSONS capacity at MID and sufficient minutes for him to use.

TLT Week2 will tell ...

I think the capacity to be flexible in Week 2 of Round 1 vastly outweighs the points on offer from picking people in Week 1 Round 1. I am banking on cashie cow gold in the second week that others will miss. Round 1 selections are the most important as there limited trades each week after that
    WT Winfield
    WT Winfield

Post by WT Winfield Fri Feb 23, 2024 10:16 am

The Dolphin Conspiracies wrote:

In 2023 JFH's minutes jump and and down all over the place ranging from 20 to 60 (avg 48) Leota is bang-on consistent (avg 40) EISENHUTH (avg 25 minutes) in the games he played in the PROP rotation. Yeo (ave 77 minutes) but there was a increasing trend at the end of the year for him to have a longer spell on the bench. There is undoubtedly a need for someone with SORENSONS capacity at MID and sufficient minutes for him to use.

JFH played 20 minutes once, because he did his ACL in Rd 5. 40-60 mins with an average of 49 is more accurate. Yeo didn't play the full 80 at season's end because he was returning from origin and preparing for finals. There's also this guy called Lindsay Smith who you're completely ignoring.

Martin and Sorenson were two of the best EDG players last year. Their forward rotation is fine, getting ~210 mins from their 3 starters and one bench mid.

Post by Guest Fri Feb 23, 2024 10:22 am

L-Jimmy wrote:With 3 rounds of a tacklebot middle straight up, followed by a decent shot of decent minutes, I'm surprised there's not more enthusiasm in Smithies.

Good ESL stats, bought over to play a big role for the milk, and will get DPP. Played a lot of lock for Wigan, 1 game for England

We're not taking a bunch of Raiders backs now, so can grab a forward. Raiders play a hooker bench, and Papa/Guler don't have big motors.

And he's a mate of an NRLFF member!

520k ain't cheap, but it isn't bad for someone who could genuinely put up 50s for 3 rounds with 50-60k cash gen, and is a shot at holding down lock long-term (big Papa to bench, Horsebro to prop makes sense if Smithies is the goods).

I'm sold

Current date/time is Fri Sep 20, 2024 7:36 am