NRL Fantasy Fanatics

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

NRL Fantasy Fanatics

NRL Fantasy Fanatics - A place for discussion of NRL Fantasy / Virtual Sports / Super Coach and other Fantasy Sports

NRL Fantasy 2024 Part 4 - A spawning salmon appears

Camo123
    Camo123
    Fanatic

NRL Fantasy 2024 Part 4 - A spawning salmon appears - Page 20 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2024 Part 4 - A spawning salmon appears

Post by Camo123 Fri Feb 23, 2024 7:25 am

L-Jimmy wrote:With 3 rounds of a tacklebot middle straight up, followed by a decent shot of decent minutes, I'm surprised there's not more enthusiasm in Smithies.

Good ESL stats, bought over to play a big role for the milk, and will get DPP. Played a lot of lock for Wigan, 1 game for England

We're not taking a bunch of Raiders backs now, so can grab a forward. Raiders play a hooker bench, and Papa/Guler don't have big motors.

And he's a mate of an NRLFF member!

520k ain't cheap, but it isn't bad for someone who could genuinely put up 50s for 3 rounds with 50-60k cash gen, and is a shot at holding down lock long-term (big Papa to bench, Horsebro to prop makes sense if Smithies is the goods).

Horsburgh is back R3 so it’s 2 rounds before he’s back
    Milchcow
    Milchcow

NRL Fantasy 2024 Part 4 - A spawning salmon appears - Page 20 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2024 Part 4 - A spawning salmon appears

Post by Milchcow Fri Feb 23, 2024 7:42 am

L-Jimmy wrote:With 3 rounds of a tacklebot middle straight up, followed by a decent shot of decent minutes, I'm surprised there's not more enthusiasm in Smithies.

Good ESL stats, bought over to play a big role for the milk, and will get DPP. Played a lot of lock for Wigan, 1 game for England

We're not taking a bunch of Raiders backs now, so can grab a forward. Raiders play a hooker bench, and Papa/Guler don't have big motors.

And he's a mate of an NRLFF member!

520k ain't cheap, but it isn't bad for someone who could genuinely put up 50s for 3 rounds with 50-60k cash gen, and is a shot at holding down lock long-term (big Papa to bench, Horsebro to prop makes sense if Smithies is the goods).

Horse is the issue. If Horse comes back to Lock and smithies to bench its not great. If Smithies keeps the lock spot you likely want him

People talked recently about lessons earnt from last year. i think a big lesson is to be careful about risking guys with short term job security. Trindall paid off (just) but I avoided Hosking because of concerns about security which wasn't a great move. Then bought someone later in the season who lasted about 2 weeks before getting dumped.

If I start with Kini, that's one iffy buy. How many more do you want? at least Smithies is expensive enough you can trade him out without masses of trouble
    rhinoceroo
    rhinoceroo
    Fanatic

Post by rhinoceroo Fri Feb 23, 2024 7:50 am

Milchcow wrote:

Horse is the issue. If Horse comes back to Lock and smithies to bench its not great. If Smithies keeps the lock spot you likely want him

People talked recently about lessons earnt from last year.  i think a big lesson is to be careful about risking guys with short term job security. Trindall paid off (just) but I avoided Hosking because of concerns about security which wasn't a great move. Then bought someone later in the season who lasted about 2 weeks before getting dumped.

If I start with Kini, that's one iffy buy. How many more do you want? at least Smithies is expensive enough you can trade him out without masses of trouble

A couple.of 50s from Smithies and he rises about 40-50k? So is still priced at around 40 when Horse comes back and you see whether he has that role (and if he's capable of banging out 50s). If he's somehow scoring 60s then he'll be another 30k more expensive, but you'll know he can get 60s.

tl:dr fine to wait
    Milchcow
    Milchcow

Post by Milchcow Fri Feb 23, 2024 8:03 am

rhinoceroo wrote:

A couple.of 50s from Smithies and he rises about 40-50k? So is still priced at around 40 when Horse comes back and you see whether he has that role (and if he's capable of banging out 50s). If he's somehow scoring 60s then he'll be another 30k more expensive, but you'll know he can get 60s.

tl:dr fine to wait

He's one of those guys that is on my radar, but not dedicated to having him.

getting him before the $40k rise would be nice.
    Or just save cash and get Taumalolo
    robelgordo
    robelgordo
    Fanatic

Post by robelgordo Fri Feb 23, 2024 8:13 am

Milchcow wrote:

He's one of those guys that is on my radar, but not dedicated to having him.

getting him before the $40k rise would be nice.
    Or just save cash and get Taumalolo

I am a bit intrigued about Taumalolo, is he done or will be bounce back. Doesn’t even have to be a gun, subgun would do it

The 10y contract has been a rollercoaster. Gut was not worth it at time. But 5 years of maybe the best MID in the world vs overpaying a bit at the backend, maybe it’s been worthwhile for the Cows?
    mattnz
    Fanatic

Post by mattnz Fri Feb 23, 2024 8:20 am

my tv broke wrote:I'm reasonably convinced:
    -Garner will play edge this year.
    -Kini will just find a way to keep scoring points.
    -TLT part two should be moved forward to an hour before the first vegas game kicks off. CHAOS

Sorenson injured, or he would have started at EDG
    my tv broke
    my tv broke
    Fanatics Immortal

Post by my tv broke Fri Feb 23, 2024 8:21 am

Hi Guys. Got bored. Made a squad in 5 mins. Looks OK. Too many questions still. Not worth bothering atm.
    my tv broke
    my tv broke
    Fanatics Immortal

Post by my tv broke Fri Feb 23, 2024 8:21 am

mattnz wrote:

Sorenson injured, or he would have started at EDG

lol i forgot you know everything

Last edited by my tv broke on Fri Feb 23, 2024 8:22 am; edited 1 time in total
    mattnz
    Fanatic

Post by mattnz Fri Feb 23, 2024 8:21 am

Milchcow wrote:

People talked recently about lessons earnt from last year.  i think a big lesson is to be careful about risking guys with short term job security. Trindall paid off (just) but I avoided Hosking because of concerns about security which wasn't a great move. Then bought someone later in the season who lasted about 2 weeks before getting dumped.

Horse owned lock last season, can't see him missing out on getting that same big minute lock role back this season.
    robelgordo
    robelgordo
    Fanatic

Post by robelgordo Fri Feb 23, 2024 8:26 am

my tv broke wrote:Hi Guys. Got bored. Made a squad in 5 mins. Looks OK. Too many questions still. Not worth bothering atm.

I'm still holding strong, no squad. Draft has been a good distraction.
    WT Winfield
    WT Winfield

Post by WT Winfield Fri Feb 23, 2024 8:29 am

robelgordo wrote:

I'm still holding strong, no squad. Draft has been a good distraction.

I'll have to start calling you Rob, 'cos you're gonna get ROBbed on tiebreakers at the end of the season.
    WT Winfield
    WT Winfield

Post by WT Winfield Fri Feb 23, 2024 8:32 am

Dunno if you have to actually save a squad or just login once to register your start date, but that joke about calling Rob Rob was just too fucking classic.
    BCT05
    BCT05

Post by BCT05 Fri Feb 23, 2024 8:42 am

WT Winfield wrote:

JFH played 20 minutes once, because he did his ACL in Rd 5. 40-60 mins with an average of 49 is more accurate. Yeo didn't play the full 80 at season's end because he was returning from origin and preparing for finals. There's also this guy called Lindsay Smith who you're completely ignoring.

Martin and Sorenson were two of the best EDG players last year. Their forward rotation is fine, getting ~210 mins from their 3 starters and one bench mid.

Agree

Sorensen moving away from edge does seem unlikely imo - the only player lost from the middle rotation is Leniu and his ~30minutes, right?

Hardly a big hole to fill that would require the need to move a gun edge.
    Clack Bocks
    Clack Bocks

Post by Clack Bocks Fri Feb 23, 2024 8:51 am

Cookie Monster wrote:@Clack Bocks  @mrbrownstone @biguceman @Talfal

You have either opened League invites and not joined your Leagues, or you have a PM waiting to be opened

Could you please join your Leagues or read your messages

For those who don't know where to find their Private Messages, I'll chuck this picture up again

NRL Fantasy 2024 Part 4 - A spawning salmon appears - Page 20 Unread10

If you see "1 unread message" instead of "Messages" at the top of the page then you've got mail

thanks mate, i'll join tonight
    Ponga Yeo the Mann
    Ponga Yeo the Mann

Post by Ponga Yeo the Mann Fri Feb 23, 2024 9:29 am

Anyone watch much junior league or better yet thought much about the new rules?

I’m doing SG ball for their season and into some NRL side work during the season but it’s round 4 tomorrow and the refs have been cracking down hard intentionally, with probably 3 or so downtown penalties a game.

At U19 level the players and coaches are only just working on how to adjust but I’d imagine the 1st grades sides will be more ready.

What impact on scoring does the downtown and no blockers rules have on scoring do we think? A few more run metres for the back 3?
    multiple.scoregasms
    multiple.scoregasms
    Fanatic

Post by multiple.scoregasms Fri Feb 23, 2024 9:30 am

robelgordo wrote:

I am a bit intrigued about Taumalolo, is he done or will be bounce back. Doesn’t even have to be a gun, subgun would do it

The 10y contract has been a rollercoaster. Gut was not worth it at time. But 5 years of maybe the best MID in the world vs overpaying a bit at the backend, maybe it’s been worthwhile for the Cows?

Taumalolo is decent value if you take out the bench game from last year. Might be 5 points even without the bounce back factor? He is on my radar in case we don't get enough cows on TLT
    Ponga Yeo the Mann
    Ponga Yeo the Mann

Post by Ponga Yeo the Mann Fri Feb 23, 2024 9:30 am

BCT05 wrote:

Agree

Sorensen moving away from edge does seem unlikely imo - the only player lost from the middle rotation is Leniu and his ~30minutes, right?

I was going through this when thinking about Henry. 1.13PPM in reduced minutes. Leniu averaging 34 or so minutes. Probably not worth the risk and breaks the bench middle rule. So best case a wait and see
    multiple.scoregasms
    multiple.scoregasms
    Fanatic

Post by multiple.scoregasms Fri Feb 23, 2024 9:31 am

BCT05 wrote:

Agree

Doesn't hurt having NSW cup prop of the year to step in either
    OB
    OB

Post by OB Fri Feb 23, 2024 9:40 am

Ponga Yeo the Mann wrote:Anyone watch much junior league or better yet thought much about the new rules?

I’m doing SG ball for their season and into some NRL side work during the season but it’s round 4 tomorrow and the refs have been cracking down hard intentionally, with probably 3 or so downtown penalties a game.

At U19 level the players and coaches are only just working on how to adjust but I’d imagine the 1st grades sides will be more ready.

What impact on scoring does the downtown and no blockers rules have on scoring do we think? A few more run metres for the back 3?

Yeah I reckon an extra 30m gain amongst back three on kick returns for the downtown rule. This may have most impact on players who get targetted all game, and are beneficiary of all those extra metres without shating them as much.

As for the blockers we may see a couple more charge downs a week (across all teams) than normal, so may not have a huge amount of impact on scoring. Do charge downs score in any category? Turn over?
    Milchcow
    Milchcow

Post by Milchcow Fri Feb 23, 2024 9:55 am

robelgordo wrote:

He's just so cheap compared to his potential output

His days of potential captain are no doubt behind him. but surely he can provide a bit of value from his current price.

Last edited by Milchcow on Fri Feb 23, 2024 9:59 am; edited 1 time in total

Current date/time is Sat Sep 21, 2024 7:51 am