NRL Fantasy Fanatics

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

NRL Fantasy Fanatics

NRL Fantasy Fanatics - A place for discussion of NRL Fantasy / Virtual Sports / Super Coach and other Fantasy Sports

NRL Fantasy 2024 Part 5 - No one will miss him

rhinoceroo
    rhinoceroo
    Fanatic

NRL Fantasy 2024 Part 5 - No one will miss him - Page 8 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2024 Part 5 - No one will miss him

Post by rhinoceroo Mon Feb 26, 2024 6:44 am

robelgordo wrote:

This recent discussion has reminded me I TRIPLED COWED thew centres last year
    Alamoti
    HSS
    Talau

Talau did go R2 for Preston. The others stayed a bit. I feel Burbo/Strange can't be worse? (might not be better)

Coming top 100 is clearly not about your starting teams, confirmed. We should all probably stop talking until after Round 1.
    Aardvark
    Aardvark

NRL Fantasy 2024 Part 5 - No one will miss him - Page 8 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2024 Part 5 - No one will miss him

Post by Aardvark Mon Feb 26, 2024 6:46 am

mattnz wrote:

9 was great, it was injuries that cost me last season, that I couldn't recover from. Team composition worked well.

What a Face

mattnz
    Fanatic

Post by mattnz Mon Feb 26, 2024 6:47 am

Mikaele averaged 46 in 48 minutes in Queensland Cup last season.

30 in 30 minutes would make him very worthwhile to start the season.
    Aardvark
    Aardvark

Post by Aardvark Mon Feb 26, 2024 6:54 am

Honestly picking the right guns (or the rightish guns)* and having the same shit cashies as everyone else but getting rid of them for the right ones are probably the most important moves over the first couple of weeks.

My worst season in recent years has been where I tried to POD it up with the guns looking for value at the start of the season and then waited for 4-5 weeks before  making a change because "never trade a gun' (coincidently it was the last time I was in L1 as well  Very Happy so looks like some bad decisions incoming)

It's the mid season 50/50s that kill you...or the refusal to buy someone like Carty/The Milf/Kodi because of reasons (or JDB because he's a massive shunt)

*This rule applies to everyone except @booze because he is actually good at picking PODs
    my tv broke
    my tv broke
    Fanatics Immortal

Post by my tv broke Mon Feb 26, 2024 7:05 am

Aardvark wrote:*This rule applies to everyone except @booze because he is actually good at picking PODs

deleted my squad. waiting for the booze team reveal. copy paste
    Camo123
    Camo123
    Fanatic

Post by Camo123 Mon Feb 26, 2024 7:05 am

Sivo suspended 3 games for high tackle on Brimson

Will there goes that contingency plan. Question now is it Simonsson CTR and Dunster wing or Simonsson wing and Harper CTR

Last edited by Camo123 on Mon Feb 26, 2024 7:08 am; edited 1 time in total
    rhinoceroo
    rhinoceroo
    Fanatic

Post by rhinoceroo Mon Feb 26, 2024 7:05 am

Aardvark wrote:Honestly picking the right guns (or the rightish guns)* and having the same shit cashies as everyone else but getting rid of them for the right ones are probably the most important moves over the first couple of weeks.

My worst season in recent years has been where I tried to POD it up with the guns looking for value at the start of the season and then waited for 4-5 weeks before  making a change because "never trade a gun' (coincidently it was the last time I was in L1 as well  Very Happy so looks like some bad decisions incoming)

It's the mid season 50/50s that kill you...or the refusal to buy someone like Carty/The Milf/Kodi because of reasons (or JDB because he's a massive shunt)

*This rule applies to everyone except @booze because he is actually good at picking PODs

From memory, the best things Booze did last season that set him apart from other guys around the top, some of us included, were:

1) Selling people others were holding (eg Miller) before it became easential

2) Absolutely nailing the byes with eg Guth

They weren't obvious things to do, but guess they must have been fun and they certainly worked.
    hj1991
    hj1991

Post by hj1991 Mon Feb 26, 2024 7:10 am

Anyone else thinking of Starting with Ming? Currently have Ming and Tapine as my mids - Tempted to just downgrade one and get Haas instead
    White Lightning
    White Lightning
    Fanatic

Post by White Lightning Mon Feb 26, 2024 7:15 am

hj1991 wrote:Anyone else thinking of Starting with Ming? Currently have Ming and Tapine as my mids - Tempted to just downgrade one and get Haas instead

I would downgrade Tapine as he's a slow starter he comes to life about rounds 6-7...definitely get Haas
    The Bludger#2
    The Bludger#2

Post by The Bludger#2 Mon Feb 26, 2024 7:19 am

Bethany_B wrote:

Given how little value there seems to be at WFB, it may be necessary to get one gun. I probably wouldn't pay up for Ponga but that 600-700k range has a few options

Hence my interest in Cobbo.
    I know he's pricey and in a 'new role', but the Broncos just look like they will explode out of the gates in the early rounds and with the new interpretation of 'downtown' rule, a ball runner like Cobbo could see an uptick in TBs etc.

This is all just a gut-feel call though. None of that actual data research stuff for the Bludger.
    Coffee
    Aardvark
    Aardvark

Post by Aardvark Mon Feb 26, 2024 7:22 am

How many vids of Americans watching RL and going 'You aaaaauuuussssiiiieees are crazy' do you think will be circulating on socials this week?
    WT Winfield
    WT Winfield

Post by WT Winfield Mon Feb 26, 2024 7:24 am

rhinoceroo wrote:

1 would have been good, because it would have had people picking Weeks only for Strange to come in for R2. Who knows with Ricky though.

Now the question is whether to risk double cowing the centres with Burbo and Strange (if Strange is picked). Would be a real risk, but...

Not sure I trust Burbo enough. I dunno who I'd put behind him as CTR cover. No one cheap anyway. Feel there's a decent chance he plays 60 odd mins week 1 and then benched and minutes/role all over the place. Not sure I even want him at 21 with that in mind.
    robelgordo
    robelgordo
    Fanatic

Post by robelgordo Mon Feb 26, 2024 7:29 am

White Lightning wrote:

I would downgrade Tapine as he's a slow starter he comes to life about rounds 6-7...definitely get Haas

Is he a slow starter when Horse is suspended and Papa is probably past his best ?

I don’t mind a Tapine punt.

He’s also due a few tries this season
    Mulvy
    Mulvy

Post by Mulvy Mon Feb 26, 2024 7:30 am

Aardvark wrote:Honestly picking the right guns (or the rightish guns)* and having the same shit cashies as everyone else but getting rid of them for the right ones are probably the most important moves over the first couple of weeks.

Agree. I had my worst season in three years and it wasn't the shit cows. It was my guns Teddy and Murray bleeding cash.

Milchcow
    Milchcow

Post by Milchcow Mon Feb 26, 2024 7:31 am

Aardvark wrote:How many vids of Americans watching RL and going 'You aaaaauuuussssiiiieees are crazy' do you think will be circulating on socials this week?

How many Americans are actually going to go to the games this weekend?

I assume it will mostly be expats, and Aussies using the games as an excuse for a lads weekend away

Milchcow
    Milchcow

Post by Milchcow Mon Feb 26, 2024 7:38 am

Mulvy wrote:

Agree. I had my worst season in three years and it wasn't the shit cows. It was my guns Teddy and Murray bleeding cash.

Holding Teddy probably the right move. Unless you panicked and ditched him early (which is a mistake ore often than not)

He had an injury which stuffed things a bit in the early rounds, but going on pure scores, he was fine from round 7 onwards (just 3 scores under 42, can't complain too much about that from a WFB)
    Aardvark
    Aardvark

Post by Aardvark Mon Feb 26, 2024 7:49 am

My Teddy related mistake last year was picking him up when he bottomed out when the alternative was Drinkwater who was still over $100k cheaper and had just started his tear. Not season defining but stalled my climb for a while.

They are the decisions that collectively make a real difference imo rather than picking the wrong option out of Willison and Mikaele the start of the season (you generally have an opportunity to right those wrongs pretty quickly)

TBF I'd probably make the same decision again based on the information available at the time
    Mulvy
    Mulvy

Post by Mulvy Mon Feb 26, 2024 7:51 am

2024 NRL FANTASY LEAGUES REGISTRATION

Late comers league (League 11) has been created, please check your inbox if you registered in the late comers thread. Still a few spots open, so jump in! First in best-dressed.

mattnz
    Fanatic

Post by mattnz Mon Feb 26, 2024 7:57 am

Aardvark wrote:My Teddy related mistake last year was picking him up when he bottomed out when the alternative was Drinkwater who was still over $100k cheaper and had just started his tear. Not season defining but stalled my climb for a while.

They are the decisions that collectively make a real difference imo rather than picking the wrong option out of Willison and Mikaele the start of the season (you generally have an opportunity to right those wrongs pretty quickly)

TBF I'd probably make the same decision again based on the information available at the time

Drinkwater was my luckiest pick up last season. Wasn't overly convinced and just needed the bye cover. Significantly over performed expectations.
    Aardvark
    Aardvark

Post by Aardvark Mon Feb 26, 2024 8:00 am

Milchcow wrote:

How many Americans are actually going to go to the games this weekend?

I assume it will mostly be expats, and Aussies using the games as an excuse for a lads weekend away

Yes, the aforementioned vids are all NFL/Other sports stars or celebrities who have been stongrarmed into watching.

The game audience itself will be expats, aussie lads on a jolly up or Americans with free tix or cross promotional obligations

Current date/time is Tue Sep 17, 2024 3:21 am