NRL Fantasy Fanatics

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

NRL Fantasy Fanatics

NRL Fantasy Fanatics - A place for discussion of NRL Fantasy / Virtual Sports / Super Coach and other Fantasy Sports

NRL Fantasy 2024 Part 5 - No one will miss him

mickspicks
    mickspicks

NRL Fantasy 2024 Part 5 - No one will miss him - Page 12 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2024 Part 5 - No one will miss him

Post by mickspicks Mon Feb 26, 2024 4:37 pm

Tigs wrote:Unsung hero Corey Jensen is set to partner Payne Haas in Brisbane’s front row for Las Vegas after a bumper pre-season in which he has smashed records to become the Broncos’ strongest man. (Peter Badel)

Have always rated Jensen. Not really fantasy relevant but always seen him to play his role well.
    my tv broke
    my tv broke
    Fanatics Immortal

NRL Fantasy 2024 Part 5 - No one will miss him - Page 12 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2024 Part 5 - No one will miss him

Post by my tv broke Mon Feb 26, 2024 4:51 pm

hahah Bradley named rnd 1 would solve everyone's problem at WFB3.
    Camo123
    Camo123
    Fanatic

Post by Camo123 Mon Feb 26, 2024 4:54 pm

my tv broke wrote:hahah Bradley named rnd 1 would solve everyone's problem at WFB3.

Or it would create more headaches to cover Storm’s R4 bye Laughing
    mattnz
    Fanatic

Post by mattnz Mon Feb 26, 2024 4:55 pm

my tv broke wrote:hahah Bradley named rnd 1 would solve everyone's problem at WFB3.

Trial was weird, we saw 5 guys all play EDG in that trial - Chan, Howarth, Bradley, Blore, Katoa.

Seemed more like Bellamy signalling a reward for a job well done in the offseason, than locked in starting spot.
    my tv broke
    my tv broke
    Fanatics Immortal

Post by my tv broke Mon Feb 26, 2024 4:55 pm

Camo123 wrote:

Or it would create more headaches to cover Storm’s R4 bye Laughing

*clears_squad*
    my tv broke
    my tv broke
    Fanatics Immortal

Post by my tv broke Mon Feb 26, 2024 4:56 pm

mattnz wrote:

Trial was weird, we saw 5 guys all play EDG in that trial - Chan, Howarth, Bradley, Blore, Katoa.

Seemed more like Bellamy signalling a reward for a job well done in the offseason, than locked in starting spot.

it was hot af. they subbed their whole starting middle out after ~9 minutes. i think they played like 30 players or something?
    ForanAgainst
    ForanAgainst

Post by ForanAgainst Mon Feb 26, 2024 5:03 pm

Hello and happy eve of TLT1! It’s nice to be back with this fantastic group for another year triumphs, downfalls, what the hell do I do nows, and outright panic modes. Even though the real fun is about to begin, I feel that I’ve reached a pinnacle by finding myself on L3, and to reach greater heights almost feels like a pipe dream when taking into consideration the caliber of fantasy coaches in here. In saying that, it’s going to be another fun year!

As of now, my team has exactly $0 left. I can easily drop an Elliott down to a Lussick(if no Hands), but who knows what BA will do if things are going meh the first few rounds. If I don’t go that route, ive got Flegler on the watchlist, so there’s every possibility that I could bring in Flegs round 4, who will probably reward such a move with a four game suspension. Speaking of suspicious characters, Rapana has found his way into my team, and whilst I like the potential there, the real question is how long will that experiment last? After all, what are the chances his knee has a kiss on the cheek of a Ponga or a Best, in a try scoring scenario, in the first twenty minutes of the very first game? Should I get wishy washy on the Rapana route, Kris is probably my first choice.

The biggest risk I’m willing to take to start the year is to not start with Fogarty. This might be an unpopular opinion, but I think he’ll start a bit slow. Again, I could be completely wrong, but I’m just not seeing the recommended vale points to say he’s a must have in my team. Very much the same reason why Robson isn’t there, either. Moving to the department of bad risk management/ mediocre job security, I’ve gone Hutchinson over Fogs. It’s a gamble, but it’s not a Tyson Gamble.

TL;DR: Happy fantasy 2024, and my team will obviously look different than it does today.
    Finger Puppet Mafia
    Finger Puppet Mafia

Post by Finger Puppet Mafia Mon Feb 26, 2024 5:03 pm

Did Levi play or play well on the weekend?
    Finger Puppet Mafia
    Finger Puppet Mafia

Post by Finger Puppet Mafia Mon Feb 26, 2024 5:06 pm

Raiders & Dogs line ups could be the coaches randomly pulling 17 names out of a hat.
    Milchcow
    Milchcow

Post by Milchcow Mon Feb 26, 2024 5:12 pm

Finger Puppet Mafia wrote:Raiders & Dogs line ups could be the coaches randomly pulling 17 names out of a hat.

It makes me concerned about someone like Salmon.

Could just as easily be dumped by one of their fifty other options by round 2 or 3 and just sit there killing my squad points and value.

Post by Guest Mon Feb 26, 2024 5:13 pm

Reckon Sailor should be the Broncos utility.
    multiple.scoregasms
    multiple.scoregasms
    Fanatic

Post by multiple.scoregasms Mon Feb 26, 2024 5:14 pm

Milchcow wrote:

It makes me concerned about someone like Salmon.

Could just as easily be dumped by one of their fifty other options by round 2 or 3 and just sit there killing my squad points and value.

Curran also apparently had the flu which may have contributed to being named on the bench. Will be interesting to see how the dogs line up. ATM I would be building a team without Salmon since he is so easy to fit in IF he gets the job
    Mulvy
    Mulvy

Post by Mulvy Mon Feb 26, 2024 5:15 pm

Finger Puppet Mafia wrote:Did Levi play or play well on the weekend?

Open your PM dude
    ForanAgainst
    ForanAgainst

Post by ForanAgainst Mon Feb 26, 2024 5:22 pm

Finger Puppet Mafia wrote:Raiders & Dogs line ups could be the coaches randomly pulling 17 names out of a hat.

I’ve always preferred to chuck faeces at a wall and see what stuck.
    Bethany_B
    Bethany_B

Post by Bethany_B Mon Feb 26, 2024 5:25 pm

ForanAgainst wrote:Hello and happy eve of TLT1! It’s nice to be back with this fantastic group for another year triumphs, downfalls, what the hell do I do nows, and outright panic modes. Even though the real fun is about to begin, I feel that I’ve reached a pinnacle by finding myself on L3, and to reach greater heights almost feels like a pipe dream when taking into consideration the caliber of fantasy coaches in here. In saying that, it’s going to be another fun year!

As of now, my team has exactly $0 left. I can easily drop an Elliott down to a Lussick(if no Hands), but who knows what BA will do if things are going meh the first few rounds. If I don’t go that route, ive got Flegler on the watchlist, so there’s every possibility that I could bring in Flegs round 4, who will probably reward such a move with a four game suspension. Speaking of suspicious characters, Rapana has found his way into my team, and whilst I like the potential there, the real question is how long will that experiment last? After all, what are the chances his knee has a kiss on the cheek of a Ponga or a Best, in a try scoring scenario, in the first twenty minutes of the very first game? Should I get wishy washy on the Rapana route, Kris is probably my first choice.

The biggest risk I’m willing to take to start the year is to not start with Fogarty. This might be an unpopular opinion, but I think he’ll start a bit slow. Again, I could be completely wrong, but I’m just not seeing the recommended vale points to say he’s a must have in my team. Very much the same reason why Robson isn’t there, either. Moving to the department of bad risk management/ mediocre job security, I’ve gone Hutchinson over Fogs. It’s a gamble, but it’s not a Tyson Gamble.

TL;DR: Happy fantasy 2024, and my team will obviously look different than it does today.

On the topic of Fogarty, I agree with you. Don't really see the upside in him and he can only get so many kick metres.

That said, I don't think running Hutchison as a frontline half is the way to go with that. I've got Moses there in my team, as he has much higher upside (can score 100s on a good day) and has a pretty decent opening draw, as well as no early byes (first one is round 9)

Post by Guest Mon Feb 26, 2024 5:30 pm

I have a gut feeling about JAC having a big year.

He's been shit for a few seasons now and second half of last season was obviously playing injured and in a team that was getting pumped but I can see him benefitting from an improved Bulldogs forward pack and with Critta and Xerri in the backline. I could also see his kick return metres improving.

He's not a cheap option at 444k but can see a whole heap of upside for him this year and averaging well above his last season average.

Would give me JAC, Raps, Kini-Campbell, Paps with Xerri and Hammer in the centre's with Hammer WFB cover and Strange CTR cover

Chewie
    Chewie
    Fanatic

Post by Chewie Mon Feb 26, 2024 5:41 pm

Finger Puppet Mafia wrote:Did Levi play or play well on the weekend?
    Levi played ok, but so did Woolford and Starling
    kamikamicameleons
    kamikamicameleons

Post by kamikamicameleons Mon Feb 26, 2024 5:43 pm

my tv broke wrote:Seeing user YNOT kill it with site updates, I thought I should do something at least.

I've been updating the team analyser so you can look back through previous histories. Eg change year to 2023, find team, and then view squad by round.

https://footystatistics.com/team_analyser.php
    Code:

Damn, this is cool. Also depressing to look at how many sideways trades I made last year. Lots to learn from, and handy to see what the better teams were doing for ideas
    Finger Puppet Mafia
    Finger Puppet Mafia

Post by Finger Puppet Mafia Mon Feb 26, 2024 5:59 pm

Mulvy wrote:

Open your PM dude

Done
    robelgordo
    robelgordo
    Fanatic

Post by robelgordo Mon Feb 26, 2024 6:08 pm

Tried to make a team, got stuck at Hooker. The only one who seems like they might be value has a bye? Am I missing stuff here?

Current date/time is Fri Sep 20, 2024 2:55 am