NRL Fantasy Fanatics

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

NRL Fantasy Fanatics

NRL Fantasy Fanatics - A place for discussion of NRL Fantasy / Virtual Sports / Super Coach and other Fantasy Sports

NRL Fantasy 2024 Part 5 - No one will miss him

rhinoceroo
    rhinoceroo
    Fanatic

NRL Fantasy 2024 Part 5 - No one will miss him - Page 40 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2024 Part 5 - No one will miss him

Post by rhinoceroo Wed Feb 28, 2024 12:00 am

Teeth Eater wrote:Does anyone else find themselves hating their team more than previous starts to a season? Been sort of playing around here and there but made a rule a few seasons ago not to really invest any proper time or effort into it until team lists.

So one could argue it'd be foolish to assume I'd pull together the perfect team in a few hours following (partial) teams lists... but I just can't settle on anything that doesn't have a heap of things that give me aches in the stomach and scrotum. Maybe it's because 3/4 of the first round is still unknown so there's a bunch of "maybe"s hanging around my team, but man, just can't shake the feeling that my team is absolute shit.

Regarding Cotter, and I apologise as I'm sure it's been discussed, but what's the main reason he may be any better this year than last? Is it the Hess injury and the captaincy that have people hopeful? I feel like I should have him, and have had variations with him in my team, but he's always first to depart when I want to squeeze someone else in. Just can't really see him doing a big reverse on last year, or am I missing something obvious?

Was also looking at Turbo because he seemed a fair idea when it started to become obvious the whole CTR/WFB situation could be pretty ugly to start out. But then I noticed Teddy only a few K more and after owning Teddy all year last year and watching him drop to somewhere around $200K less than what I started out with him, I decided I'd go light on WFB where I could, to start out. But anyway, if I was going to pick between the two at their price point I'd just go with the generally more reliable Teddy... but I don't want to start with Teddy, so I drew a line through both of them. And now I don't know who to put there. Ponga and Drinkwater too expensive, Latrell is Latrell and I'm severely scarred by his Latrelledness from last year so don't want a bar of him yet, until the PTSD runs it's course... so then I land on Sean Russell because of his DPP and price but I don't ignore folk saying that side for the Eels sees less action than the other side so I'm not sure. And Bostock is in the mix too, but not sure about that either. Basically, my team is a bunch of placeholders until next Tuesday.

To round out the night I ended up just overcrowding my squad with mid range EDG and MIDs, hoping for more clarity next Tuesday. Several will play on Sunday, but I'm hoping the others give me enough leeway to hold, or move up to guns and / or down to cows should either become obvious on Tuesday. 

And that's about where I stand. Apologies for the rambles.

Yeah, I don't much like my team, which is crowded with MIDS and EDGs.

On the other hand, love my WAG team with Cleary, Hynes, Ponga, Turbo, Latrell and a couple of cheap centres and a load of old toot on the bench. Might pretend this is my real team if stars align and it's the year of the gun fullback and shitto half.

Lussick
    Sitili Cheese Leniu
    Luki Piakura
    Cleary Hynes
    Burbo Strange
    Ponga Turbo Latrell

Salmon Flanagan Hutchinson Papenhuyzen
    Levi Bradley Mikaele Hughes

Milchcow
    Milchcow

NRL Fantasy 2024 Part 5 - No one will miss him - Page 40 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2024 Part 5 - No one will miss him

Post by Milchcow Wed Feb 28, 2024 12:00 am

Stormtrooper - no cover at WFB or CTR

That seems brave. And if Burbo is dropped for Schuster round 2, not a lot of money to fix it up either
    StormTrooper96
    StormTrooper96

Post by StormTrooper96 Wed Feb 28, 2024 12:02 am

Milchcow wrote:
    Stormtrooper - no cover at WFB or CTR

That seems brave. And if Burbo is dropped for Schuster round 2, not a lot of money to fix it up either

Cheers Milchy! Yeah same thoughts here. This will change. Just need to find the money.
    Milchcow
    Milchcow

Post by Milchcow Wed Feb 28, 2024 12:02 am

StormTrooper96 wrote:
    Cheers Milchy! Yeah same thoughts here. This will change. Just need to find the money.

Once you've found the money, then find a CTR to spend it on

Easier said than done
    mattnz
    Fanatic

Post by mattnz Wed Feb 28, 2024 12:04 am

StormTrooper96 wrote:Well ladies and gents it’s been a long time but here we are… always coming back to it! It’s like women and pregnancy. Forget how much it hurts and keep going back for more.

Anyways only opened the app today, had a few reads here and come up with this stinker of a team.

Grant
    Sitili Flegler Haas
    Piakura Hopgood
    Cleary Hutch
    Strange Burbo
    Pappy Turbo Cotric

Smithies Luki Salmon Lussick
    S.Hughes Levi Mikaele 250k player

40K itb

My thoughts: Too gun heavy. Possibly missing out on a few players. Fogarty was a hard one to leave out but very awkwardly priced.

Any must haves missing? Keen to spend some more time around here again.

Stormtrooper over and out

Without Fog, you have no halves cover. Also no WFB or CTR cover and no guarantees that Burbo or Cotric hold their spots as players return.
    Too forwards and HOK heavy to have a balanced team.
    StormTrooper96
    StormTrooper96

Post by StormTrooper96 Wed Feb 28, 2024 12:09 am

mattnz wrote:

Without Fog, you have no halves cover. Also no WFB or CTR cover and no guarantees that Burbo or Cotric hold their spots as players return.
    Too forwards and HOK heavy to have a balanced team.

Cheers Matt. Plenty to evaluate! Will take a look tomorrow with fresh eyes. Probably clear and go again!
    Archer
    Archer

Post by Archer Wed Feb 28, 2024 12:20 am

Milchcow wrote:

Raiders fans seem to want it, which means nothing because they aren't the coach

Don't think there is any quote (either way) on how Horse will be used this year
    Isn't it less about fans wanting it and more the assumption Smithies was bought to play 13? Personally I wouldn't be touching any of our middle forwards, we're absolutely stacked there so despite the talent I'd never be confident on minutes or impact week to week. Edit: Although now that I've typed it out I remember how well our English recruits have served me in the past...hmm
    King Assassin
    King Assassin

Post by King Assassin Wed Feb 28, 2024 12:30 am

Team Trackers up for those looking to criticize xx
    Rabbits21
    Rabbits21
    Fanatic

Post by Rabbits21 Wed Feb 28, 2024 12:34 am

Teeth Eater wrote:Does anyone else find themselves hating their team more than previous starts to a season? Been sort of playing around here and there but made a rule a few seasons ago not to really invest any proper time or effort into it until team lists.

So one could argue it'd be foolish to assume I'd pull together the perfect team in a few hours following (partial) teams lists... but I just can't settle on anything that doesn't have a heap of things that give me aches in the stomach and scrotum. Maybe it's because 3/4 of the first round is still unknown so there's a bunch of "maybe"s hanging around my team, but man, just can't shake the feeling that my team is absolute shit.

Regarding Cotter, and I apologise as I'm sure it's been discussed, but what's the main reason he may be any better this year than last? Is it the Hess injury and the captaincy that have people hopeful? I feel like I should have him, and have had variations with him in my team, but he's always first to depart when I want to squeeze someone else in. Just can't really see him doing a big reverse on last year, or am I missing something obvious?

Was also looking at Turbo because he seemed a fair idea when it started to become obvious the whole CTR/WFB situation could be pretty ugly to start out. But then I noticed Teddy only a few K more and after owning Teddy all year last year and watching him drop to somewhere around $200K less than what I started out with him, I decided I'd go light on WFB where I could, to start out. But anyway, if I was going to pick between the two at their price point I'd just go with the generally more reliable Teddy... but I don't want to start with Teddy, so I drew a line through both of them. And now I don't know who to put there. Ponga and Drinkwater too expensive, Latrell is Latrell and I'm severely scarred by his Latrelledness from last year so don't want a bar of him yet, until the PTSD runs it's course... so then I land on Sean Russell because of his DPP and price but I don't ignore folk saying that side for the Eels sees less action than the other side so I'm not sure. And Bostock is in the mix too, but not sure about that either. Basically, my team is a bunch of placeholders until next Tuesday.

To round out the night I ended up just overcrowding my squad with mid range EDG and MIDs, hoping for more clarity next Tuesday. Several will play on Sunday, but I'm hoping the others give me enough leeway to hold, or move up to guns and / or down to cows should either become obvious on Tuesday. 

And that's about where I stand. Apologies for the rambles.
    All good mate great summary I feel the exact same I just hit delete again lol! my head hurts!

Trying to figure out whether I go Cheese or not but if I don’t what if we get no Parra hooker and what if we end up with a Grant or Robson with no cover.

Then I’m trying to work out this Sitili and Wong thing and whether I keep Tatola.

Then I’m thinking will I play Burbo or keep him in emgs…..

And that’s just the tip of the iceberg.
    rhinoceroo
    rhinoceroo
    Fanatic

Post by rhinoceroo Wed Feb 28, 2024 1:15 am

I also gone done a team tracker that I'll now forget about
    Rabbits21
    Rabbits21
    Fanatic

Post by Rabbits21 Wed Feb 28, 2024 1:29 am

What’s the appeal with Smithies is is that he’s gonna be like a Cam McInnes?

A mate of mine looked up his UK Super League stats and said they weren’t that appealing for fantasy stats and ppm wise.
    The Dolphin Conspiracies
    The Dolphin Conspiracies

Post by The Dolphin Conspiracies Wed Feb 28, 2024 2:34 am

PODish team tracker up

It is all academic until next week in any case
    mattnz
    Fanatic

Post by mattnz Wed Feb 28, 2024 3:17 am

This doesn't sound overly optimistic about Piakura's chances of playing.

"Broncos back-rower Brendan Piakura "remains a chance to play" in Vegas according to Broncos head of performance Dave Ballard, after he sustained a low-grade medial cruciate ligament strain in Brisbane's Pre-Season Challenge win over the Cowboys in Mackay."
    my tv broke
    my tv broke
    Fanatics Immortal

Post by my tv broke Wed Feb 28, 2024 3:22 am

mattnz wrote:This doesn't sound overly optimistic about Piakura's chances of playing.

"Broncos back-rower Brendan Piakura "remains a chance to play" in Vegas according to Broncos head of performance Dave Ballard, after he sustained a low-grade medial cruciate ligament strain in Brisbane's Pre-Season Challenge win over the Cowboys in Mackay."

He trained with the team yesterday. He'll be fine to play
    manlybeaver
    manlybeaver

Post by manlybeaver Wed Feb 28, 2024 3:24 am

Really liking my team atm

Grant
    Haas Murray tatola
    Luki piakura
    Clearly hutchson
    Burbo strange
    Paps rapanna kini

Boyd salmon wong sitili

Kris Hughes Bradley willison

Rabbits21
    Rabbits21
    Fanatic

Post by Rabbits21 Wed Feb 28, 2024 3:30 am

manlybeaver wrote:Really liking my team atm

Grant
    Haas Murray tatola
    Luki piakura
    Clearly hutchson
    Burbo strange
    Paps rapanna kini

Boyd salmon wong sitili

Kris Hughes Bradley willison

I think Ricky might take Weekes over Strange even though Strange played better.

I currently have

Cheese
    Haas Cotter Sitili
    Wong Piakura
    Cleary Fog
    Suli Burbo
    Pap Ponga Kini

Lussick Luki Hutcho Salmon
    Kris Hughes Weekes Bradley

That’s with 60k spare
    Jele
    Jele

NFL Fantasy L1 Champion : 2019
    NRL FF Survivor Champion : 2020

Post by Jele Wed Feb 28, 2024 5:25 am

Milchcow wrote:
    Whilst we are talking team trackers, I have started publishing notes on players I am looking at in my team tracker for the year

Link in my profile if anyone is interested

Thanks Milch, excellent write-up so far
    Jele
    Jele

NFL Fantasy L1 Champion : 2019
    NRL FF Survivor Champion : 2020

Post by Jele Wed Feb 28, 2024 5:25 am

What Chewie said
    manlybeaver
    manlybeaver

Post by manlybeaver Wed Feb 28, 2024 5:45 am

Rabbits21 wrote:
    I think Ricky might take Weekes over Strange even though Strange played better.

I currently have

Cheese
    Haas Cotter Sitili
    Wong Piakura
    Cleary Fog
    Suli Burbo
    Pap Ponga Kini

Lussick Luki Hutcho Salmon
    Kris Hughes Weekes Bradley

That’s with 60k spare
    Will be a pain to find cover if that's the case for me btw your team is looking solid
    Camo123
    Camo123
    Fanatic

Post by Camo123 Wed Feb 28, 2024 7:19 am

For those looking to loop Burbo what score would you bank to bring in Kris for another CTR

Thinking probably anything 30-35+

Current date/time is Thu Sep 19, 2024 11:52 am