NRL Fantasy Fanatics

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

NRL Fantasy Fanatics

NRL Fantasy Fanatics - A place for discussion of NRL Fantasy / Virtual Sports / Super Coach and other Fantasy Sports

NRL Fantasy 2024 Part 5 - No one will miss him

robelgordo
    robelgordo
    Fanatic

NRL Fantasy 2024 Part 5 - No one will miss him - Page 39 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2024 Part 5 - No one will miss him

Post by robelgordo Tue Feb 27, 2024 10:29 pm

Aardvark Ratnick wrote:Is Taine Tuaupiki getting a gig while CNK is  out ??? any Warrior fans help a Bunny out.

That was the word last week - that’d he would likely get 3 games. But since then have read CNK is trying to get back for R1. But also read Warriors won’t rush him so I dunno.
    Rabbits21
    Rabbits21
    Fanatic

NRL Fantasy 2024 Part 5 - No one will miss him - Page 39 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2024 Part 5 - No one will miss him

Post by Rabbits21 Tue Feb 27, 2024 10:30 pm

wolfking wrote:Hey all!

Hope we're all well.  Well this split teams malarkey isn't ideal.  Not much fun in my opinion.  Nevertheless we're all in the same boat and not really liking the few incarnations of my team so far.  Just started this arvo so I'm still catching up on some things.  Lots to sift through here though.  Good to see everyone back on board.  Anyway, will sit on this tonight;

Robbo
    Haas Elliot Flegger
    Wong Piakura
    Cleary Hutch
    Penis Burbo
    Pap Turbo Cotric

Lussick Luki Smithers Salmon

Flanno Hughes Mikaele Strange

Not sold on anyone to be fair.  Not sure on Wong/Sitili but I kinda agree with Matt.  I think Wong will be the one subbed BUT he's definitely on the up so anything is possible.  Sitili loves a HIA though......dunno yet.

Dont want Burbo but can't really overthink that one.  Flanno too and Salmon I assume will keep the starting spot, but.....meh.  will tinker.
    Welcome back mate was thinking of you yesterday glad you are back.

What are your thoughts on Tatola and Murray our boys mate?
    wolfking
    wolfking
    Fanatics Immortal

Post by wolfking Tue Feb 27, 2024 10:33 pm

Rabbits21 wrote:
    Welcome back mate was thinking of you yesterday glad you are back.

What are your thoughts on Tatola and Murray our boys mate?

Never really rated Tatola mate.  I can see the appeal but would rather go Flegler for a bit more.  I got burned by Murray last year, so I haven't given him much thought.  I just locked in Haas but can see just as much appeal in Murray and even Hopgood. I might go back and look at Tatolas stats though since a few are pretty keen on him. Loves a HIA though.

As much as I hate the signing, I did look at Keppie too.  But probably no real upside plus he's a flog.
    Finger Puppet Mafia
    Finger Puppet Mafia

Post by Finger Puppet Mafia Tue Feb 27, 2024 10:37 pm

did WONG start in the finals series last year. If so who was the other EDG
    Chewie
    Chewie
    Fanatic

Post by Chewie Tue Feb 27, 2024 10:37 pm

OB
    OB

Post by OB Tue Feb 27, 2024 10:38 pm

I'm currently sitting with:

Cheese
    Hopgood Cotter Tatola
    Luki Sitili
    Cleary Fogarty
    Suli Kris(to loop)
    Pap Kini Rapana

Wong Hutch Salmon Piakura
    SHughes Burbo Strange (or Weekes) Smithies

With 79k itb.

May have to juggle things around a bit to try and get some HOK cover. Maybe Smithies back to Lussick, or Strange/Burbo/Salmon to Levi in round 2 if that eventuates.
    my tv broke
    my tv broke
    Fanatics Immortal

Post by my tv broke Tue Feb 27, 2024 10:40 pm

Finger Puppet Mafia wrote:did WONG start in the finals series last year. If so who was the other EDG

71 mins week 1, but manu and suaali both went down early.

50 mins week 2, crichton came on
    mattnz
    Fanatic

Post by mattnz Tue Feb 27, 2024 10:40 pm

Finger Puppet Mafia wrote:did WONG start in the finals series last year. If so who was the other EDG

Yes, N Butcher.

Got 48 minutes for 29 points in one game and had a blinder in the other 75 points in 71 minutes including a try.
    Rabbits21
    Rabbits21
    Fanatic

Post by Rabbits21 Tue Feb 27, 2024 10:52 pm

wolfking wrote:

Never really rated Tatola mate.  I can see the appeal but would rather go Flegler for a bit more.  I got burned by Murray last year, so I haven't given him much thought.  I just locked in Haas but can see just as much appeal in Murray and even Hopgood.  I might go back and look at Tatolas stats though since a few are pretty keen on him.  Loves a HIA though.

As much as I hate the signing, I did look at Keppie too.  But probably no real upside plus he's a flog.
    Tatola was our player of the year in 2022 had some injuries last year his first injury interrupted season. Should bounce back maybe not 10 points value though. Host on the bench is a worry Arrow might play a bit of middle.

Re Keppie not a fantasy option but he’s trained the house down in the pre season was very strong in the Charity Shield.
    Milchcow
    Milchcow

Post by Milchcow Tue Feb 27, 2024 11:01 pm

TheWeapon wrote:That’s one thing that people here can tend to forget. Cookie cutter here is not always the case amongst the whole playing group.

Though I’ve wondered why our community team always does well (top 1%) but doesn’t quite get that next tier overall. Probably because it’s not quite unique enough to stand out. The key is finding which one or two unique players are the right ones…

We don't always do well, although we have had some high finishes. Last year was pretty good though

But the biggest thing holding us back is the lack of flexibility when thrown last minute curveballs

If there is a late scratching in team lists we can't necessarily adjust on the fly. Either myself or someone with the password robelgordo/jele has to be online and have the time to take some action which would be without consultation.

People are also sometimes a little too cavalier with trades on a team that is not their own and take risks they wouldn't take with their own money
    Sometimes this works, sometimes it doesn't.
    BroncosSabres
    BroncosSabres

Post by BroncosSabres Tue Feb 27, 2024 11:01 pm

I haven't played NRL Fantasy since they moved to this new team structure. Are there any glaring deficiencies in this first draft side? Mostly looking for advice on if I need more cover for any positions if players lose spots or get injured - I think I've mostly left myself in a good spot, but haven't trained my eye yet.

Cheese
    AFB Flegs Tupouniua
    Hopgod Smithies
    (C)leary Hutch
    Mariner Strange
    Pappy Ponga Cotric

Lussick Wong Piakura Salmon
    (Shughes Brbo Flanno Mikaele)

Obvs will probably pull the whole team apart when Ricky does his thing with the Raiders backline, but I think there's room for adjustment there.
    Milchcow
    Milchcow

Post by Milchcow Tue Feb 27, 2024 11:02 pm

Shady2K wrote:
    robelgordo wrote:

Is there anything concrete that Horse will go prop. If this guy gets MID I can probably swing it. Bit trickier if he’s yet another mid-priced EDG

I thought I saw some actual quotes on it. Seems to make sense anyhow

Raiders fans seem to want it, which means nothing because they aren't the coach

Don't think there is any quote (either way) on how Horse will be used this year
    Milchcow
    Milchcow

Post by Milchcow Tue Feb 27, 2024 11:05 pm

BroncosSabres wrote:I haven't played NRL Fantasy since they moved to this new team structure. Are there any glaring deficiencies in this first draft side? Mostly looking for advice on if I need more cover for any positions if players lose spots or get injured - I think I've mostly left myself in a good spot, but haven't trained my eye yet.

Cheese
    AFB Flegs Tupouniua
    Hopgod Smithies
    (C)leary Hutch
    Mariner Strange
    Pappy Ponga Cotric

Lussick Wong Piakura Salmon
    (Shughes Brbo Flanno Mikaele)

Obvs will probably pull the whole team apart when Ricky does his thing with the Raiders backline, but I think there's room for adjustment there.

The biggest problem (and its one that many will also have) is that all your CTRs are cheap

if any of them fail and you need a replacement, its going to be hard without ripping your team apart.

Many people try this sort of thing every year, sometimes it works. Sometimes you are happy if your centres score double figures between them

also don't think I've seen many with AFB, but its not likle he will score poorly this year, so if you like him (and he has a great bye schedule) then go for it
    Milchcow
    Milchcow

Post by Milchcow Tue Feb 27, 2024 11:06 pm

Whilst we are talking team trackers, I have started publishing notes on players I am looking at in my team tracker for the year

Link in my profile if anyone is interested
    Rabbits21
    Rabbits21
    Fanatic

Post by Rabbits21 Tue Feb 27, 2024 11:15 pm

Milchcow wrote:
    Whilst we are talking team trackers, I have started publishing notes on players I am looking at in my team tracker for the year

I’ll start a tracker soon sorry how do we link it to our team tracker again to our profile?
    Welshy
    Welshy

Post by Welshy Tue Feb 27, 2024 11:15 pm

Milchcow wrote:

nice work cow
    Rabbits21
    Rabbits21
    Fanatic

Post by Rabbits21 Tue Feb 27, 2024 11:16 pm

I’m seeing a number of teams on various platforms having no centre cover and playing Burbo starting centre that would make me nervous, especially no cover.
    Teeth Eater
    Teeth Eater

Post by Teeth Eater Tue Feb 27, 2024 11:22 pm

Does anyone else find themselves hating their team more than previous starts to a season? Been sort of playing around here and there but made a rule a few seasons ago not to really invest any proper time or effort into it until team lists.

So one could argue it'd be foolish to assume I'd pull together the perfect team in a few hours following (partial) teams lists... but I just can't settle on anything that doesn't have a heap of things that give me aches in the stomach and scrotum. Maybe it's because 3/4 of the first round is still unknown so there's a bunch of "maybe"s hanging around my team, but man, just can't shake the feeling that my team is absolute shit.

Regarding Cotter, and I apologise as I'm sure it's been discussed, but what's the main reason he may be any better this year than last? Is it the Hess injury and the captaincy that have people hopeful? I feel like I should have him, and have had variations with him in my team, but he's always first to depart when I want to squeeze someone else in. Just can't really see him doing a big reverse on last year, or am I missing something obvious?

Was also looking at Turbo because he seemed a fair idea when it started to become obvious the whole CTR/WFB situation could be pretty ugly to start out. But then I noticed Teddy only a few K more and after owning Teddy all year last year and watching him drop to somewhere around $200K less than what I started out with him, I decided I'd go light on WFB where I could, to start out. But anyway, if I was going to pick between the two at their price point I'd just go with the generally more reliable Teddy... but I don't want to start with Teddy, so I drew a line through both of them. And now I don't know who to put there. Ponga and Drinkwater too expensive, Latrell is Latrell and I'm severely scarred by his Latrelledness from last year so don't want a bar of him yet, until the PTSD runs it's course... so then I land on Sean Russell because of his DPP and price but I don't ignore folk saying that side for the Eels sees less action than the other side so I'm not sure. And Bostock is in the mix too, but not sure about that either. Basically, my team is a bunch of placeholders until next Tuesday.

To round out the night I ended up just overcrowding my squad with mid range EDG and MIDs, hoping for more clarity next Tuesday. Several will play on Sunday, but I'm hoping the others give me enough leeway to hold, or move up to guns and / or down to cows should either become obvious on Tuesday. 

And that's about where I stand. Apologies for the rambles.
    BroncosSabres
    BroncosSabres

Post by BroncosSabres Tue Feb 27, 2024 11:23 pm

Milchcow wrote:

The biggest problem (and its one that many will also have) is that all your CTRs are cheap

if any of them fail and you need a replacement, its going to be hard without ripping your team apart.

Many people try this sort of thing every year, sometimes it works. Sometimes you are happy if your centres score double figures between them

also don't think I've seen many with AFB, but its not likle he will score poorly this year, so if you like him (and he has a great bye schedule) then go for it

I hadn't thought about the centres being too cheap, and neither have the best job security either, might be a little too high risk for my risk tolerance. Cheers Milch!

As for AFB, top 4 scoring mid last year with no early byes, no origin, figured I could just set and forget him for the season barring injury and try and save a trade for round 27.
    StormTrooper96
    StormTrooper96

Post by StormTrooper96 Tue Feb 27, 2024 11:58 pm

Well ladies and gents it’s been a long time but here we are… always coming back to it! It’s like women and pregnancy. Forget how much it hurts and keep going back for more.

Anyways only opened the app today, had a few reads here and come up with this stinker of a team.

Grant
    Sitili Flegler Haas
    Piakura Hopgood
    Cleary Hutch
    Strange Burbo
    Pappy Turbo Cotric

Smithies Luki Salmon Lussick
    S.Hughes Levi Mikaele 250k player

40K itb

My thoughts: Too gun heavy. Possibly missing out on a few players. Fogarty was a hard one to leave out but very awkwardly priced. Centres also super light!!! Got no idea here haha

Any must haves missing? Keen to spend some more time around here again.

Stormtrooper over and out

Last edited by StormTrooper96 on Wed Feb 28, 2024 12:00 am; edited 1 time in total

Current date/time is Tue Sep 17, 2024 5:46 am