NRL Fantasy Fanatics

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

NRL Fantasy Fanatics

NRL Fantasy Fanatics - A place for discussion of NRL Fantasy / Virtual Sports / Super Coach and other Fantasy Sports

Ando 2024

Welshy
    Welshy

Ando 2024 - Page 7 Empty Re: Ando 2024

Post by Welshy Tue Jun 25, 2024 12:51 am

Ando wrote:Round 16

Round Score: 685
    Overall Rank: 740th

Trades

Brailey > Tedesco
    ITB: 305k

Starting 17

JMK (46) - Happy enough with his score after he got a short spell, just not as good as Koro/Cook
    Fainu (58) - Brilliant score, good chance he sticks around in the team all year now
    Plath (46) - Similar to JMK a respectable score but not enough to make gains
    Twal (DNP) - Concussion protocols meant I had to play a man short
    Fifita (c) (128) - Amazingly didn't get a single Try or Try Assist in a team that scored 66 points, can't complain
    Blore (48) - Another respectable score but not a slam dunk
    Weekes (48) - Continues to save his scores with big scoring plays but will be leaving my team soon, hopefully a little bit more cash to make
    Galvin (75) - Back with a bang, if I decide to fade Cleary then he will be my starting HLF alongside Hynes for the run in
    Wighton (38) - Amazed he managed to score 38, doesn't look like he will be making much money so will probably be held as a 19th man
    Aitken (48) - Another ok score but will take it after he spent majority of the game playing wing and centre
    Kiraz (63) - Fantastic score in the wet, my only play I have had since RD1
    Tedesco (64) - Was screwing after missing JCampbell but Teddy with a very good return in the wet and plays RD17
    Fa'alogo (23) - 20 minutes off the bench on the wing, luckily got 1 huge play but will have to go this week I'm sure

EMG

Garrick (DNP)
    Mitchell (DNP)
    Hands (DNP)
    Carrigan (DNP)
    Yeo (DNP)
    Drinkwater (DNP)
    Iro (DNP)  
    Sharpe (DNP)

Summary

So it turns out playing 12 wasn't enough to hold rank, ended up losing 165 ranks but I'm actually pretty happy with the outcome as I have 2 trades up my sleeve and with the current squad if everyone is named I'll have 17 in RD17 and projected to have 12 in RD19.

In RD17 I have a couple of question marks regarding Carrigan, Fa'alogo and Twal on top of the 4 players on a bye. Will see what team lists bring before deciding on trades.

The team for RD17 before any trades is as follows:

JMK
    Yeo Plath Twal
    Aitken Blore
    Weekes Galvin
    Kiraz Iro
    Drinky Teddy Sharpe
    Hands Fainu Carrigan Fa'alogo
    Fifita Mitchell Wighton Garrick

In an ideal world everyone is named and I can hold the two trades however I'm preparing myself to go from 17 green dots tomorrow to about 11 once the team lists are announced.

If I could hold both trades I have the exact cash to go Fa'alogo > JCampbell next round, another option would be Carrigan to a keeper that plays RD19 but I can't see anyone that stands out.

Input always welcomed, thanks for reading!

Carrigan - Hynes
    Ando
    Ando

Post by Ando Tue Jun 25, 2024 6:13 pm

@Welshy Nice to see you around these parts mate. Unfortunately with Fa'alogo and Twal not being named I think they're more of a priority trade out. If I do both of those to Hynes it only leaves $301k and I don't think there's a single option at that price, wow no Reuben Porter.

I think the only play is to leave Hynes until RD21 after the Sharks last bye and hopefully he drops a bit more cash in that time. Hynes average with Trindall is quite a bit lower than his average with Atkinson so whilst it has potential to completely ruin my season it's a risk I'm willing to take with so little trades.

As mentioned in the main thread I am pretty tempted to punt on Gutho. Pretty much has a floor of 30 and can go big on his day. So could swap him for Fa'alogo and run him as my WFB cover for the run in. I'd then bring in a solid MID/EDG scorer for my bench although again I'm struggling to find a stand out option.
    Welshy
    Welshy

Post by Welshy Tue Jun 25, 2024 6:54 pm

Ando wrote:@Welshy Nice to see you around these parts mate. Unfortunately with Fa'alogo and Twal not being named I think they're more of a priority trade out. If I do both of those to Hynes it only leaves $301k and I don't think there's a single option at that price, wow no Reuben Porter.

I think the only play is to leave Hynes until RD21 after the Sharks last bye and hopefully he drops a bit more cash in that time. Hynes average with Trindall is quite a bit lower than his average with Atkinson so whilst it has potential to completely ruin my season it's a risk I'm willing to take with so little trades.

As mentioned in the main thread I am pretty tempted to punt on Gutho. Pretty much has a floor of 30 and can go big on his day. So could swap him for Fa'alogo and run him as my WFB cover for the run in. I'd then bring in a solid MID/EDG scorer for my bench although again I'm struggling to find a stand out option.

Anything for you mucker!

What about Starling as under $300k cashout?

I like Gutho and still considering the punt, currently prefer Tago but I need a WFB this week to replace Fa'alogo

I feel like i want to get Gutho to ride the upcoming hot streak now but can't make it work unless i wait a week on Hynes
    Ando
    Ando

Post by Ando Tue Jun 25, 2024 7:23 pm

@Welshy Don't think I trust Ricky enough to go Starling.

I've done some number crunching and my best route to pick up the Hynes/Cleary combo will be via Kiraz/Weekes combined with a Sharpe cash out in RD20/21 when we get the extra trades.

After stopping being dumb I'm locking in Twal > Nikora. Will then decide on Gutho/Bula as the weekend goes on. Don't really want 4 on the bye RD20 but I back Gutho to outscore Bula.

That would leave 5 trades for the run in to cover injuries which I'm ok with as I should have 20 players who can all go big on their day and more importantly have relatively good job security. I'd be looking at this:

JMK
    Carrigan Plath Yeo
    Fifita Nikora
    Hynes Cleary
    Garrick Iro
    Drinky Latrell Teddy
    Galvin Fainu Blore Aitken
    Gutho Wighton Hands Sharpe Cash Out

EMG cover for all positions. and if a fallen gun around the $600k mark becomes available I may be able to swing a luxury upgrade to sure up my reserves.
    Welshy
    Welshy

Post by Welshy Tue Jun 25, 2024 8:11 pm

Ando wrote:@Welshy Don't think I trust Ricky enough to go Starling.

I've done some number crunching and my best route to pick up the Hynes/Cleary combo will be via Kiraz/Weekes combined with a Sharpe cash out in RD20/21 when we get the extra trades.

After stopping being dumb I'm locking in Twal > Nikora. Will then decide on Gutho/Bula as the weekend goes on. Don't really want 4 on the bye RD20 but I back Gutho to outscore Bula.

That would leave 5 trades for the run in to cover injuries which I'm ok with as I should have 20 players who can all go big on their day and more importantly have relatively good job security. I'd be looking at this:

JMK
    Carrigan Plath Yeo
    Fifita Nikora
    Hynes Cleary
    Garrick Iro
    Drinky Latrell Teddy
    Galvin Fainu Blore Aitken
    Gutho Wighton Hands Sharpe Cash Out

EMG cover for all positions. and if a fallen gun around the $600k mark becomes available I may be able to swing a luxury upgrade to sure up my reserves.

That team looks as solid as I've seen mate

If using Aitken as the CTR/Edge cover, and having Garrick with dual, would you consider Tago over Gutho with Cleary returning, higher ceiling?
    Ando
    Ando

Post by Ando Wed Jun 26, 2024 12:04 am

@Welshy Having the Welshy seal of approval definitely makes me feel better about things.

Aitken can easily be starting CTR and Hands on the bench, I'll be setting the team up weekly to try get some threeway loops set up via DPP's.

Although Tago is definitely worth not sure I want another pure CTR. Not fully sold on Gutho but think he's a shrewd pick up if he could put out a 40 AVG in the run in.
    Welshy
    Welshy

Post by Welshy Wed Jun 26, 2024 12:27 am

Ando wrote:@Welshy Having the Welshy seal of approval definitely makes me feel better about things.

Aitken can easily be starting CTR and Hands on the bench, I'll be setting the team up weekly to try get some threeway loops set up via DPP's.

Although Tago is definitely worth not sure I want another pure CTR. Not fully sold on Gutho but think he's a shrewd pick up if he could put out a 40 AVG in the run in.

Just think Tago with Cleary on the return is potential 45-50 point average uptick. Gutho 35-45.

If either get anywhere near previous season averages they are both going to go have some huge games cheer

Ando
    Ando

Post by Ando Fri Jun 28, 2024 5:36 pm

@Welshy With Fifita now likely playing Origin III I am tempted to follow your advice and do Carrigan > Hynes.

I'm 15k short so would need to be a double trade with one of Twal or Wighton out.

Twal the obvious out with the question marks around his availability. If I knew he was going to be back I'd be happy to hold. $586k to spend to get a MID.

Wighton hasn't really set the world alight but has some of the best job security in the game, would give me $425k to spend.

2 hours to decide...
    Welshy
    Welshy

Post by Welshy Fri Jun 28, 2024 5:37 pm

Ando wrote:@Welshy With Fifita now likely playing Origin III I am tempted to follow your advice and do Carrigan > Hynes.

I'm 15k short so would need to be a double trade with one of Twal or Wighton out.

Twal the obvious out with the question marks around his availability. If I knew he was going to be back I'd be happy to hold. $586k to spend to get a MID.

Wighton hasn't really set the world alight but has some of the best job security in the game, would give me $425k to spend.

2 hours to decide...

Right

I'll get on the search for some MID sub 586 options mate and hash it out
    Camo123
    Camo123
    Fanatic

Post by Camo123 Fri Jun 28, 2024 5:45 pm

A cheeky Willison “cashout” at 417k? Good mins this week and 19 for sure
    Welshy
    Welshy

Post by Welshy Fri Jun 28, 2024 5:55 pm

fuck me MID is a wasteland

Fainu
    Joe Ofa or Matto
    Willison

Ando
    Ando

Post by Ando Fri Jun 28, 2024 6:08 pm

@Camo123 @Welshy Yeah it sure is. Willison scores don't look great without tries. I think the only play is to grab Matto and hope he is over his injury concerns...

I traded Matto in RD10 due to him being priced at under 40 and averaging 50+ the last 3 seasons. The fact Hopgood is now gone would make it even safer you'd think.

I might just bite the bullet. It's only a game after all Wink
    Welshy
    Welshy

Post by Welshy Fri Jun 28, 2024 6:20 pm

Ando wrote:@Camo123 @Welshy Yeah it sure is. Willison scores don't look great without tries. I think the only play is to grab Matto and hope he is over his injury concerns...

I traded Matto in RD10 due to him being priced at under 40 and averaging 50+ the last 3 seasons. The fact Hopgood is now gone would make it even safer you'd think.

I might just bite the bullet. It's only a game after all Wink

Love Matto as a fantasy option previously but not sure i can trust him or get him in without sacrificing some Uber guns down the line

Hope he turns it around for you mate
    Ando
    Ando

Post by Ando Fri Jun 28, 2024 6:36 pm

@Welshy Yep but that's the game we play, risk vs. reward. Getting Hynes now is one less headache in the future. If I prioritise Haas after Origin it means Matto will drop down to 18th man.

If Fa'alogo plays this week I now have 17 with Hynes (c).

Thanks for the advice throughout the week, much appreciated. Interested to see how it plays out.
    Welshy
    Welshy

Post by Welshy Fri Jun 28, 2024 6:42 pm

Ando wrote:@Welshy Yep but that's the game we play, risk vs. reward. Getting Hynes now is one less headache in the future. If I prioritise Haas after Origin it means Matto will drop down to 18th man.

If Fa'alogo plays this week I now have 17 with Hynes (c).

Thanks for the advice throughout the week, much appreciated. Interested to see how it plays out.

Go well friend!

I'm going to see If I can keep Fa'alogo and still get Hynes this week

Next week and I know probable big cash drop and 1 game before bye doesn't seem as worth it for some reason
    Ando
    Ando

Post by Ando Fri Jun 28, 2024 6:44 pm

@Welshy What's your team name? I'll get it up on Footy Stats and see if I can see anything.
    Welshy
    Welshy

Post by Welshy Fri Jun 28, 2024 6:45 pm

Ando wrote:@Welshy What's your team name? I'll get it up on Footy Stats and see if I can see anything.

The Shelby Sensations

rough start but crawling back into the mix

trades of Fa'alogo and Talau for Hynes and Sharpe look the goods though
    Ando
    Ando

Post by Ando Fri Jun 28, 2024 7:00 pm

@Welshy 6 trades in hand. With so many teams playing short this week it's a time to make some moves I'd be going all out to get 17 on the park.

Brailey > Hynes
    Fa'alogo/Talau > Kennedy/Sharpe

Pick up a RD19 hooker in the next few weeks for Sam Walker?
    Welshy
    Welshy

Post by Welshy Fri Jun 28, 2024 7:08 pm

Ando wrote:@Welshy 6 trades in hand. With so many teams playing short this week it's a time to make some moves I'd be going all out to get 17 on the park.

Brailey > Hynes
    Fa'alogo/Talau > Kennedy/Sharpe

Pick up a RD19 hooker in the next few weeks for Sam Walker?

Don't mind this mate

But losing Brailey this week puts me at 16 numbers, to field 17 got to get rid of 2 players not suiting up and most are keepers Latrell/Fifita/Campbell or good R19 numbers Koala.

So only real options to field and not using more than 2 trades are getting rid of Fa'alogo and Talau

or keeping Fa'logo for this week if no Papy, and upgrading Talau to someone 825k or under
    Welshy
    Welshy

Post by Welshy Fri Jun 28, 2024 7:10 pm

Yeo 824 Shocked

Is that fate calling

Current date/time is Sun Sep 08, 2024 11:50 am