NRL Fantasy Fanatics

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

NRL Fantasy Fanatics

NRL Fantasy Fanatics - A place for discussion of NRL Fantasy / Virtual Sports / Super Coach and other Fantasy Sports

Ando 2024

The Dolphin Conspiracies
    The Dolphin Conspiracies

Ando 2024 - Page 6 Empty Re: Ando 2024

Post by The Dolphin Conspiracies Thu May 16, 2024 11:34 pm

I am not going to be trading too much over origin and I have got a lot of solid keepers already - I have given you a pretty good head start however

Are you gonna keep Hynes over the origin period if he does not play this week. That is a lot of coin on the bench for a considerable period of time

My aim for the next month or two is to generate cash
    Ando
    Ando

Post by Ando Fri May 17, 2024 8:02 am

@The Dolphin Conspiracies I am thinking about trading him to Schuster
    Ando
    Ando

Post by Ando Mon May 20, 2024 10:35 am

Round 11

Round Score: 930
    Overall Rank: 4,701th

Trades

Bateman > Marshall-King
    Piakura > Weekes
    Gutho > Fainu
    ITB: 200k

Starting 17

Brailey (56) - Solid enough outing, glad he got the big minutes but Crossland always going to be a concern
    Carrigan (59) - Thought he was dudded of a TO but we take the score, playing big minutes which is a good sign
    Fainu (32) - Going off with cramp is very annoying, I'd have grabbed Arrow or Curran if I'd known Matto was a late out
    Smithies (45) - Ticking over but definitely won't be a keeper
    KPP (50) - Back to 80 minutes which is good, Best now injured so hopefully plays EDG with Lucas at centre
    Crichton (49) - Was throwing OFH's for fun but lots of errors second half
    Hynes (c) (140) - Thank god he played!
    Galvin (63) - It's pretty amazing he is racking up these scores with little general play kicking and no tries
    Iro (47) - Keeps getting respectable centre scores, pretty impressive
    Garrick (77) - Actually had him in the loop but great score in a low scoring game
    Drinkwater (46) - Hoping he has a huge game in the next few weeks
    Fa'alogo (42) - Not really involved with any of the tries but a couple of OFH's boosted his score, should make cash now
    Kiraz (62) - Starting to gun it on the wing but no doubt a low score is around the corner
    Marshall-King (51) - Lucky he got the TA's as his missed tackle count was way to high, hopefully not a sign of things to come
    Weekes (64) - Was close to missing him due to RD14 but thank god I bit the bullet
    Hughes (38) - Keeps doing his job, wish I didn't have to keep playing him the 17 but I have no choice!
    Egan (9) - Second week in a row I have a sub-10 score, my own fault for getting him in the first place

EMG

Salmon (DNP)
    Chevy (DNP)
    Plath (DNP)  
    Matto (DNP)

Summary

So it was good to turn around last weeks shocking round but having no Armstrong (already had 2 Knights) and Egan meant I limped in just below par and lost a few ranks, still in the top 5k at least.

I woke up early Sunday thinking I'd played a blinder putting Egan in the EMG only to have Matto ruled out with illness 10 minutes later meaning I copped his score.

This meant I switched Aitken trade in JMK which did pay off with 3 extra points and means HOK is now covered through the Origin period.

Team before trades is as follows:

JMK
    Hughes Carrigan Smithies
    Matto Angus
    Hynes Galvin
    Garrick Iro
    Drinky Weekes Fa'alogo
    Kiraz Plath Fainu Salmon
    Egan Chevy Brailey KPP

If all 17 are named/play I am tempted to take the hit this week and make no trades, Salmon and Fainu playing early in the round means I will have a look at their scores before making any decisions.

Egan is a definite trade at some point but again not many options out there so can easily wait a week and see what teams are named RD13. Are we going to see Chevy any time soon, Rapana had a bit of a shocker for the Raiders. Current RD13 team is:

JMK/Brailey - not the best planning but it is what it is
    Hughes Smithies Salmon
    Matto KPP
    Plath Weekes
    Iro
    Drinky Kiraz Chevy
    Hynes Crichton - if no Origin

Thanks for reading!
    Ando
    Ando

Post by Ando Tue May 28, 2024 8:54 am

Round 12

Round Score: 846
    Overall Rank: 3,568th

Trades

Egan > Aitken
    Matterson > Wighton
    ITB: 206k

Starting 17

JMK (43) - His missed tackles are frustrating but can't really complain with the score
    Carrigan (54) - Finally had a low minute game but a really good PPM
    Plath (54) - His DPP will be valuable navigating the byes, a really busy player just needs to keep the minutes
    Fainu (53) - Really happy with his score, should kick start his cash gen now
    Salmon (65) - Unbelievable, only reason I've had him is he plays the first 2 byes and now Kikau injured for the next 6 weeks
    Crichton (54) - It has been great owning him but think it's time to bank the 418k now he's been picked for NSW
    Hynes (c) (34) - Pretty much everyone in the same boat but really rough score
    Galvin (77) - I love him, how he keeps getting these scores I will never know
    Iro (26) - Finally a dud game from him but showed he probably won't be a season keeper, will look to upgrade at some point
    Garrick (44) - Solid score in the end after some really late updates, gun
    Drinkwater (46) - Still waiting for him to have a monster game, nervous about holding him this weekend
    Fa'alogo (39) - Another average performance, just need 1 big score so he can make some cash
    Kiraz (79) - Brilliant score yet again, think I prefer him on the wing than at centre
    Weekes (51) - Late try saved his score but making plenty of cash
    Aitken (76) - Really happy with the trade in, looks consistent and likely my captain for RD13
    Smithies (27) - Loses minutes when the Raiders are getting beat badly, will be upgrading to Fifita RD14
    Wighton (24) - Was a late trade in after the Matto out news, net gain of 2 points over Hughes but was looking really good until the HIA

EMG

Hughes (22)
    Chevy (DNP)
    Brailey (DNP)  
    KPP (DNP)

Summary

A bit of a weird week, finished over par and gained over 1000 ranks but it could have been so much more. Matto out put a real spanner in the works and out of all the trade in options I was looking at (Wighton, Arrow, Sorenson, Cole) I picked the lowest scoring one which was pretty frustrating. Wighton did look good playing 5/8 so hoping he makes plenty of cash moving forward over the Origin period and I am glad to have rid of Matto, what a waste of a trade he was...

Outside of Hynes (c), Iro, Smithies and Wighton I had a really good week which I hope bodes well for the team moving forward. I held Gutho up until last week and he has been named for this week which again is annoying as hell, he woulda been a nice in for my RD13 numbers.

But it is what it is, we move and after my 2 trades this week I have 14 green dots for RD13 and a massive 651k in the bank to go gun shopping in RD14:

Chevy > Armstrong - very late to the Armstrong trade but think he is good to make at least another 100k and covers RD13 and RD19
    Angus > Hands - a base cashout and looked fairly solid in the 9 jumper for Parra, also Lussick is named in the reserves

JMK or JBrailey (will play JMK as Brailey good lose minutes to Crossland)
    Hughes Smithies Salmon
    Aitken KPP
    Hands Plath
    Kiraz Iro
    Drinkwater Weekes Armstrong

Serious lack of captaincy options but think I will go with Aitken, having 13 green dots should see rank gains regardless.

One planned trade next week using the warchest will be Smithies > Fifita which will leave me 8 trades (+Cool remaining and the following numbers for the rest of Origin period:

RD13: 14 green dots
    RD14: 17 green dots
    RD15: 18 green dots
    RD16: 13 green dots
    RD17: 18 green dots
    RD18: 18 green dots
    RD19: 13 green dots
    RD20: 18 green dots

Feel like I am set up pretty well and hopefully trades will only be required to fix the inevitable injuries, my only major concern moving forward is what happens with Hynes but I'll cross that bridge when I come to it.

Thanks for reading, roll on Lord of the Byes!!!
    WT Winfield
    WT Winfield

Post by WT Winfield Tue May 28, 2024 2:56 pm

I don't mind those trades. Annoyed I can't grab Hands, was thinking maybe after the bye instead of Cook/Koro, but no Rd 16 means I probably have to miss out, and too many Sharks/Eels at the moment. He banged out a 50 around this time last year, maybe the 2nd bye, when a few of us got on (or back on in my case).

Ponga out until ~Rd 22, so looks good for Armstrong. Even a 35 average sees him make another 100k and seems like he could go higher. Prefer his two scores over Teddy who you could grab after Rd 14 if it makes sense to. Seems a few might be putting themselves in a bad spot bringing him in unless he banners this week.
    Rabbits21
    Rabbits21
    Fanatic

Post by Rabbits21 Tue May 28, 2024 5:09 pm

Hey mate on Armstrong keep in mind they have Panthers and Storm after this week a couple of scores around 25-30 could be around the corner but that’s the risk you take. Just be aware he mightn’t get past 550k or so with a couple of lower scores.

Im leaning to not touching Hands given trades are at a premium I just don’t trust it Lussick could be back in a few weeks. I do not think I have trades to waste. It gives you an extra number this week so I do like that.

Wow that’s a very good rank. I’m getting Teddy and willing to play with 16 next week as I do not think Hynes backs uo but I’m willing to sacrifice it as I’ll hold Teddy rest of the year.

Your bye planning looks brilliant not sure how you’ve managed it and obviously will be more carnage, I certainly am a bit short compared to the numbers you have in 14, 16, 17 and 19.
    Ando
    Ando

Post by Ando Wed May 29, 2024 8:35 am

@WT Winfield Yeah Hands isn't really an exciting pick but think he will be good to hold as a 18th/19th man for the season covering byes and injuries with his DPP. If he holds his spot it actually makes JBrailey obsolete in my team so hoping he can have a decent enough run of games to make as much cash as possible before I upgrade him. Good chance I run JMK and Hands for the season permitting injuries are kind.

@Rabbits21 Tbf Armstrong is nothing but a quick cash grab for me and the bonus is he's a RD13 and RD19 number. If he can get to around the 600k mark he's an easy upgrade from there.
    Ando
    Ando

Post by Ando Mon Jun 03, 2024 10:45 am

Round 13

Round Score: 729
    Overall Rank: 1,710th

Trades

Angus > Hands
    Chevy > Armstrong
    ITB: 651k

Starting 13

JMK (74) - Brilliant score, hoping I can hold him as my HOK for the rest of the year
    Hughes (10) - An absolute dud, wish I had traded him for anyone else but it is what it is
    Smithies (45) - Shame he picked up a knock meaning he missed another 15 minutes of game time
    Salmon (22) - Back to being a dud with 9 missed tackles
    Aitken (c) (162) - Feel blessed I ended up captaining my highest scoring player, really helped after holding Salmon and Shoes
    KPP (54) - He's a gun when he plays 80, just need to hope he keeps that EDG spot over Frizell and Lucas
    Hands (55) - Glad I jumped on, DPP should be valuable over the Origin perioud
    Plath (59) - Golden Point helped boost his score but again DPP will be valuable
    Iro (43) - Back to a relatively solid score after the Panthers game, no complaints
    Kiraz (30) - Played CTR and then shifted to left wing, hoping he stays on the right wing moving forward where he seems to score best
    Drinkwater (81) - Finally had his monster game, really happy. Shame he misses the next big 2 bye rounds
    Weekes (68) - Thank god I picked him up when I did, his price is rocketing
    Armstrong (26) - Didn't really want to pick him up but had FOMO. BE still around 2 so hopefully will continue to make cash

EMG

Brailey (47) - He was absolutely flying first half but was spelled early and ended up with an ok score, JMK comfortably beat him
    Hynes (DNP)
    Wighton(DNP)
    Carrigan (DNP)
    Galvin (DNP)
    Fainu (DNP)
    Garrick (DNP)  
    Fa'alogo (DNP)

Summary

After the Dogs game I was thinking I was going to lose ground even with 13 playing but some huge scores from Drinky and my Dolphins saw me jump in the rankings nicely, the top 1k is in sight!

With everyone scoring pretty well I think my obvious trade outs are Salmon and Hughes and I need to cull 1 Raider/Dolphin which means it's time to part ways with Smithies. The 651k warchest should help make that relatively easy...

I'll have to wait until after Origin but my current thoughts are Carrigan backs up with reduced minutes but Hynes doesn't. Hynes might be a trade anyway with him potentially only playing 2 games out of the next 7 and having a monster BE.

If I am trading Smithies, Salmon and Hughes I will need to pick up at least 2 mids and I think the options are scarce.

Therefore current trades are as follows:

Smithies > Fifita - no brainer as I will need a new captaincy option. Fifita is currently 2nd highest averaging player
    Hughes > Twal - if he keeps playing 13 whilst iPap and Bateman are injured he should score ok and he doesn't have a bye until RD26
    Hynes > Latrell - banking on Latrell missing Origin but he has picked up plenty of KM and already has goal kicking, I expect Souths to be better second half of the season
    Salmon > Yeo - this can be any MID but with the none of the options filling me with confidence I think just grab the season keeper whilst I have chance, also a captaincy option

Other MID options that are bye friendly is Tohu, AFB or JDB but all 3 of these have too many question marks for my liking. This would leave me the following team with 5 trades remaining:

Brailey
    Yeo Carrigan Twal
    Fifita KPP
    Hands Galvin
    Garrick Iro
    Drinkwater Latrell Kiraz
    Fa'alogo Wighton Fainu Armstrong
    JMK Aitken Plath Weekes

In theory this team means I can play a full team in every round and I am hoping to only use 2/3 trades to upgrade the following:

Armstrong - could lose spot at any point but will ride the cash rises until he does
    Fa'alogo - will not be relevant once Papy is back but plays RD16 at least
    Weekes - will not be relevant once Fog is back but should make plenty of cash until then
    Brailey - will not need HOK cover if Hands keeps his spot

Then when we get the 8 extra trades these will be head to cover injuries and RD27 when no doubt half of the comp is rested like last year.

I feel the above team is relatively strong in all positions except HLF so will be looking to pick up 2 guns and 2 cash outs for the above 4 trade outs. Whether I can reach Cleary and Hynes remains to be seen.

Thanks for reading any input on the MID position will be welcomed graciously!
    Ando
    Ando

Post by Ando Thu Jun 06, 2024 9:50 am

After Origin trade ins remain the same, only difference is if Armstrong is dropped I am going to trade him out over Salmon to play 17. I'll just have to cop it as a bad trade.

I'll likely hold Salmon to RD16 now which I'm not totally against.
    Ando
    Ando

Post by Ando Tue Jun 11, 2024 8:38 am

Round 14

Round Score: 910
    Overall Rank: 697th

Trades

Smithies > Fifita
    Hynes > Latrell
    Hughes > Yeo
    Armstrong > Twal
    ITB: 49k

Starting 17

Brailey (21) - Worst scorer of the week but hoping it was just a 1 week thing and he's back to big minutes next week
    Carrigan (68) - Lovely score backing up from Origin
    Yeo (61) - That's why I brought him in during the Origin period, such a consistent player
    Twal (49) - Good first hit out, hoping he avoiding injury
    Fifita (c) (126) - Needed the try to boost his score not too keen on him playing outside JC
    KPP (48) - Another ok score in 80 minutes, the threat but feel he could lose his spot at any time
    Hands (33) - Underwhelming scores but happy enough he got 70 minutes
    Galvin (33) - Interesting to see how his contract saga plays out, good chance he becomes my route to Cleary eventually
    Iro (39) - Continues to score pretty well without any attacking stats
    Garrick (54) - Gunned up yet again, glad I got on when I did
    Drinkwater (40) - Score was saved with a long range try but happy enough with him in my team
    Latrell (99) - Fantastic first hit out, just hoping he misses Origin
    Kiraz (43) - Really need him back on the right wing where he seems to score much better
    Fa'alogo (52) - Finally a solid score that should get his cash gen moving, not sure what happens when Papy returns
    Fainu (49) - Another solid score in a team that got pumped
    Salmon (38) - Really happy with this score, means I can hold to RD16 before trading after the bye
    Wighton (57) - Score was really saved from some late junk but again gets his cash gen moving

EMG

Plath (DNP)
    Aitken (DNP)
    JMK (DNP)  
    Weekes (DNP)

Summary

Huge week for me and a big rank rise back into the top 1k. It does make me wonder where I would be if I didn't have the disaster round back in RD10 but I managed to turn it round and really like the make up of my team after fixing my MID's last week.

Went from Salmon, Shoes and Smithies (77 points in RD13) to Carrigan, Yeo and Twal (178 points).

HLF is the clear weak position in the team but short term I am happy to cover it with my DPP's Weekes, Plath, Wighton and Hands. Will wait a week on Galvin to see how it plays out but as it stands have 14 players for RD16 including Salmon and Galvin. I also have 12 players in RD19 but currently short of a WFB so will be keeping my eyes peeled for a WFB cash out. Plan for RD15 is to make 0 trades running out the following team:

JMK
    Carrigan Yeo Twal
    Fifita KPP
    Weekes Wighton
    Aitken Iro
    Drinky Latrell Garrick
    Brailey Fa'alogo Plath Fainu
    Hands Galvin Kiraz Salmon

Bench will be arranged accordingly for various loops.

5 trades remaining so will only pull the trigger now on people I am certain will stick around.

Thanks for reading!
    Ando
    Ando

Post by Ando Fri Jun 14, 2024 12:02 pm

Trades update after the utter carnage that was thrown upon us today. The shining light being the news Galvin should be back starting next week seeing as he plays both RD16 and RD19.

Twal, KPP and Fifita (c) out means I am down to 15 green dots before trades. Aitken is locked in at CTR so I do need to trade an EDG and then anyone for my last bench spot. I was going to run a man down but then when I realised I could trade Salmon (finally!) and KPP and maintain my numbers in the major bye rounds I think it's worth pulling the trigger now.

Salmon > Blore - Blore hasn't set the world alight but I quite like the Storm's upcoming draw so could get some good scores and seems to have a floor of about 40 excluding the 23 he got in the wet against Manly
    KPP > Sharpe - This is going to be a simple cash out, as long as Sharpe plays RD19 I'll be happy, if he does happen to make cash he would be a luxury end of season trade when we get the extra 8 trades

If by some miracle KPP does play then it will become a single trade.
    Ando
    Ando

Post by Ando Mon Jun 17, 2024 9:53 am

Round 15

Round Score: 817
    Overall Rank: 575th

Trades

KPP > Blore
    Salmon > Sharpe
    ITB: 305k

Starting 17

JMK (44) - Really happy I took the punt on him when I did, great byes and reliable in a dodgy position
    Carrigan (61) - Another good score, will be sticking around in the team all year
    Plath (53) - Quite an underwhelming score in the end to say he scored a pretty high point scoring try
    Yeo (vc) (114) - Happy enough he was able to match Hynes, just a really consistent player
    Fainu (40) - He's awful to watch but once again manages to jag an ok score after being on about 5 at HT
    Blore (37) - The offload was put away in the wet but actually pretty happy with his base and very good job security
    Weekes (33) - Managed to save his score in the second half but will slow down his cash gen
    Wighton (30) - Kinda regret trading him in, doesn't look like he will offer much, hopefully proves me wrong
    Iro (50) - The more I think about it the more I think he is the best partner for Aitken for the run in
    Aitken (46) - Quite a low score going by his recent standards but can't complain
    Drinkwater (53) - Keeps finding ways to hit those high scores, could have a stinker if the tries or TA's dry up
    Latrell (59) - Think the sin bin was a bit of a joke, would gone massive without that
    Fa'alogo (57) - Another big score, a bit worried about Papy returning this week
    Garrick (5) - Why is it when my players get a Cat 1 it's always before they get at least a respectable score
    Sharpe (55) - This was a really big gamble and thankfully it paid off
    Hands (43) - Bulk of the HOK minutes again, looks like Barrett favours him over Lussick
    Brailey (37) - Need to get rid, pretty luck he was able to get to 37 but think he was hooked after the Edwards try

EMG

Fifita (c) (DNP)
    Kiraz (DNP)
    Twal (DNP)  
    Galvin (DNP)

Summary

What a crazy week that was, so many late outs and the Garrick Cat 1. Went from wanting to hold all trades to using 2 but really happy I was able to jag the Sharpe score in my 17. Even though Blore was underwhelming I was actually pretty happy with his performance, a lot busier in defence than I thought he would be.

With all that said I still moved up the rankings so I am in a good position to hopefully beat last years finish of 140th. Just need to make sure I play it right.

With 305k in the bank I want to use that as my Hynes fund. However I think I am going to run the risk of ignoring him RD19 despite playing the Tigers and bringing him in RD21 after the Sharks bye. He should bottom out under 900k. Also I think Fogarty is back around that time which means Weekes > Hynes is pretty much nailed on for me.

With that rough plan in mind I want to utilize my remaining 3 trades on the RD16 and RD19 byes and fixing my slightly back heavy team structure. Current full strength team is the following:

JMK
    Carrigan Yeo Twal
    Fifita Blore
    Weekes Galvin
    Aitken Iro
    Drinkwater Latrell Kiraz
    Hands Plath Fainu Garrick
    Brailey Wighton Fa'alogo Sharpe

I have bolded players I consider as season keepers and underlined who I consider borderlines. Although my 3 Tigers are all borderlines their bye schedule means they all likely stay and with Weekes > Hynes penciled in for RD21 it leaves the following on the chopping block:

Brailey - No longer need his HOK coverage and his scoring has been killed coming off the bench so time for him to go
    Fa'alogo - Papy's return to the side will probably kill him as an asset but he should continue making cash until then
    Sharpe - Hoping he can make as much as possible before Ponga returns so may end up holding as a red dot
    Wighton - Just not that confident about starting him however has DPP and great job security, I fancy the Bunnies to finish the season strong
    Garrick - Pockets 200k more than Wighton and plays 2 less games, also a concern he moves to the wing where his scoring would drop off

With all that in mind, I think the 3 to go before we get the extra 3 trades will be Brailey, Fa'alogo and Garrick. Now the big question will be who is worth trading in? Current team for RD16 is the following:

JMK
    Fainu Plath Twal
    Fifita Blore
    Weekes Galvin
    Aitken Wighton
    Kiraz Fa'alogo Garrick

All being well Fifita, Galvin and Twal all play which will mean a single trade of Garrick out will give me 13 green dots and an extra week to decide on what to do with Brailey and Fa'alogo.

Long write up this week, thanks if you could be bothered reading it all. Any input greatly appreciated, can't afford anymore dud trades like the Armstrong or Wighton shouts.
    WT Winfield
    WT Winfield

Post by WT Winfield Tue Jun 18, 2024 8:47 am

Nothing much to add, but sounds like some solid future planning.

I'm not as down on the Wighton trade-in, but timing probably a factor. I picked him up for the 57 and 30, though the 57 looked like being a 30 until that late junk. Was on track for 40-50+ the week you got him, but fucked by the HIA and then the bye. I'm kinda viewing him as an 18th/19th man like Samuela for the run home with the DPP.. but I might have a few 18th man types already scratch WinnieNZ over here.

Armstrong was a disaster though.. should've listened to Rabs21 Evil or Very Mad If he didn't get injured/dropped/pissing down rain and did what Sharpe did the last 2, it would've been good though.
    Ando
    Ando

Post by Ando Tue Jun 18, 2024 9:23 am

@WT Winfield The main reason I am pissed with the Wighton trade he is blocking some trade ins as I already have 4 on the RD17 bye and on top of that 3 Origin players so will need them all to back up.

I'm just going to try forget Armstrong ever happened..

We're in the same boat with the Twal no show, pretty annoying and no doubt Seyfarth will get yet another try this weekend just to add more salt to the wound.

I've decided I am going to make 1 trade this week to get to 12 green dots, just no idea who. There doesn't really seem to be any standout trade-in options this week.
    WT Winfield
    WT Winfield

Post by WT Winfield Tue Jun 18, 2024 9:47 am

Ando wrote:@WT Winfield The main reason I am pissed with the Wighton trade he is blocking some trade ins as I already have 4 on the RD17 bye and on top of that 3 Origin players so will need them all to back up.

We're in the same boat with the Twal no show, pretty annoying and no doubt Seyfarth will get yet another try this weekend just to add more salt to the wound.

I've decided I am going to make 1 trade this week to get to 12 green dots, just no idea who. There doesn't really seem to be any standout trade-in options this week.

Yeah true about Wighton. I was all set to bring in Cook that week, but decided to grab Wighton and stick with 3 Rd 17 bye players. JCampbell and a couple of others I've had to ignore then too. Fuck Wighton on second thoughts Laughing

I think I'll take the punt on Pap since I need a WFB next week anyway.

Teddy possibly an option, but you're not really short on backs. Uto's decent I guess, for the next month or so at least. I haven't really been on the lookout for anyone with my numbers looking decent. Watchlist whittled down to Hynes, Cobbo and Pap, so not much use this week.

Makes it hard if looking for someone who plays 19 aswell. Non-Rd 19 could go Trapine, bring Smithies back, maybe Tohu can stay injury free and never misses a tackle, ever. Like ever. Never seen him facedown in back play after dropping off a tackle. Always 0 MTs.
    Ando
    Ando

Post by Ando Tue Jun 18, 2024 10:34 am

@WT Winfield Ha funny you should say that, since my last post I settled on Utoikamanu trade in. It'll be either JBrailey or Twal to go but leaning towards JBrailey at the moment.

Hopefully we get a Tigers injury report before Sunday.
    WT Winfield
    WT Winfield

Post by WT Winfield Tue Jun 18, 2024 11:00 am

Ando wrote:@WT Winfield Ha funny you should say that, since my last post I settled on Utoikamanu trade in. It'll be either JBrailey or Twal to go but leaning towards JBrailey at the moment.

Hopefully we get a Tigers injury report before Sunday.

Yeah I think Uto's the best of the lot. Price, average, byes, looking like a keeper. Was considering him instead of Twal/Cook Rd 14, but landed the dud.

I could go JBrailey (or Twal) to Uto, but doesn't solve my WFB problem next week unless Atko suddenly appears. 5 Tigers might be considered excessive too.

No one else really lines up with Manly, Rabbits, Titans and Dolphins byes ruling guys out, so I think Uto's the best bet.
    Rabbits21
    Rabbits21
    Fanatic

Post by Rabbits21 Tue Jun 18, 2024 2:26 pm

Ando wrote:@WT Winfield The main reason I am pissed with the Wighton trade he is blocking some trade ins as I already have 4 on the RD17 bye and on top of that 3 Origin players so will need them all to back up.

Hey mate so you have 11 before trades this week like me? I have Twal and Garrick out too but did KPP to Tapine last week.

Any plan to get a 12th number or just hold? Maybe holding is best with 3 trades left?

Edit I can see you are making a trade cutting it fine mate but I know how you play and you’ve been successful.

Who are the couple of guys you are looking at to bring in? (I know just bringing in 1).

Your side looks well set mate.

I’m opposite to you though I’m holding Garrick due to the DPP and if I sell I have no WFBs at all in 19.

Again mate well done another cracking season from you and Winfield when many are struggling who are usually up the top end!
    Ando
    Ando

Post by Ando Wed Jun 19, 2024 9:55 am

@Rabbits21 Yeah mate I'm cutting it very fine. I do it every year but I suppose my track record is relatively good. I've come round to the idea of holding both Wighton and Garrick now. Think their DPP's will be pretty valuable late in the season. So my trade outs are Brailey, Fa'alogo and Sharpe. As above I added Twal to the chopping block as I'm worried about his concussions, didn't realise he's had so many over the years.

Although I'm tempted by the Utoikamanu trade in it's probably chasing last weeks points so not too sure on that move. Twal > Utoikamanu is an option for me but think I may just save the trade. I will see how I'm tracking over the weekend and pull the trigger if I need a score boost or if we get any news about Twal's availability next week.

I'm now fully sold on punting Brailey, think he was lucky to get the score he got last week and I need a WFB so it's between Teddy and JCampbell and I think Teddy is the way to go, JC has the bye next week (already have 4 out) and we don't know what Des will do when Brimson is back.

I think having 12 this weekend will be more than enough to gain some more ranks.
    Ando
    Ando

Post by Ando Mon Jun 24, 2024 9:06 am

Round 16

Round Score: 685
    Overall Rank: 740th

Trades

Brailey > Tedesco
    ITB: 305k

Starting 17

JMK (46) - Happy enough with his score after he got a short spell, just not as good as Koro/Cook
    Fainu (58) - Brilliant score, good chance he sticks around in the team all year now
    Plath (46) - Similar to JMK a respectable score but not enough to make gains
    Twal (DNP) - Concussion protocols meant I had to play a man short
    Fifita (c) (128) - Amazingly didn't get a single Try or Try Assist in a team that scored 66 points, can't complain
    Blore (48) - Another respectable score but not a slam dunk
    Weekes (48) - Continues to save his scores with big scoring plays but will be leaving my team soon, hopefully a little bit more cash to make
    Galvin (75) - Back with a bang, if I decide to fade Cleary then he will be my starting HLF alongside Hynes for the run in
    Wighton (38) - Amazed he managed to score 38, doesn't look like he will be making much money so will probably be held as a 19th man
    Aitken (48) - Another ok score but will take it after he spent majority of the game playing wing and centre
    Kiraz (63) - Fantastic score in the wet, my only play I have had since RD1
    Tedesco (64) - Was screwing after missing JCampbell but Teddy with a very good return in the wet and plays RD17
    Fa'alogo (23) - 20 minutes off the bench on the wing, luckily got 1 huge play but will have to go this week I'm sure

EMG

Garrick (DNP)
    Mitchell (DNP)
    Hands (DNP)
    Carrigan (DNP)
    Yeo (DNP)
    Drinkwater (DNP)
    Iro (DNP)  
    Sharpe (DNP)

Summary

So it turns out playing 12 wasn't enough to hold rank, ended up losing 165 ranks but I'm actually pretty happy with the outcome as I have 2 trades up my sleeve and with the current squad if everyone is named I'll have 17 in RD17 and projected to have 12 in RD19.

In RD17 I have a couple of question marks regarding Carrigan, Fa'alogo and Twal on top of the 4 players on a bye. Will see what team lists bring before deciding on trades.

The team for RD17 before any trades is as follows:

JMK
    Yeo Plath Twal
    Aitken Blore
    Weekes Galvin
    Kiraz Iro
    Drinky Teddy Sharpe
    Hands Fainu Carrigan Fa'alogo
    Fifita Mitchell Wighton Garrick

In an ideal world everyone is named and I can hold the two trades however I'm preparing myself to go from 17 green dots tomorrow to about 11 once the team lists are announced.

If I could hold both trades I have the exact cash to go Fa'alogo > JCampbell next round, another option would be Carrigan to a keeper that plays RD19 but I can't see anyone that stands out.

Input always welcomed, thanks for reading!

Current date/time is Mon Sep 16, 2024 8:35 pm