NRL Fantasy Fanatics

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

NRL Fantasy Fanatics

NRL Fantasy Fanatics - A place for discussion of NRL Fantasy / Virtual Sports / Super Coach and other Fantasy Sports

NRL Fantasy 2024 Part 8 - May we have a new Roosters forward

Revraiser
    Revraiser
    Fanatic

NRL Fantasy 2024 Part 8 - May we have a new Roosters forward - Page 12 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2024 Part 8 - May we have a new Roosters forward

Post by Revraiser Tue Mar 05, 2024 7:04 am

multiple.scoregasms wrote:

Dragonfruit unequivocollay sucks. Expensive, fiddly to open and basically tasteless. 0/10 would not recommend

Yes that's it though, it just needed to be discussed, for exactly the above. Looks enticing, tastes like nothing !
    Revraiser
    Revraiser
    Fanatic

NRL Fantasy 2024 Part 8 - May we have a new Roosters forward - Page 12 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2024 Part 8 - May we have a new Roosters forward

Post by Revraiser Tue Mar 05, 2024 7:05 am

TLT2.0 lads
    GreenSchist
    GreenSchist

Post by GreenSchist Tue Mar 05, 2024 7:06 am

rhinoceroo wrote:

Not really like for like, is it? May is an offloads and attacking stats guy, Smithies is a tackle bot. It's Andrew Fifita v Fensom, except those two used to get 80 minutes and three look like getting 40-45 (May) and 55-60 (Smithies).

FWIW I don't think starting with Smithies is a bad move and plenty on here are doing it. It's always tempting thinking that the big score from the mid-ranger in the first game of the season is permanently replicable (hi, Lachlan Ilias 2023) but not sure chasing May is absolutely essential straight away.

Yea I agree. My concern with May is if the minutes dip, even with his insane PPM he might only be looking at low 40's. Great if you started with him but not necessarily essential to try bring in when we still have 13 other teams to play around with free trades.

If I can find a way to trade Sitili (if long term injury) to May and also fit in Hopgood, McInnes, Cotter and Smithies, I'll probably still do it but depends on what other fires I have to put out following this weekend.
    Chewie
    Chewie
    Fanatic

Post by Chewie Tue Mar 05, 2024 7:08 am

Happy TLT 2 everyone!
    A bit Strange having a split round, it feels like waiting around for Weekes before getting an answer, we May get some clarity today
    rhinoceroo
    rhinoceroo
    Fanatic

Post by rhinoceroo Tue Mar 05, 2024 7:18 am

Chewie wrote:Happy TLT 2 everyone!
    A bit Strange having a split round, it feels like waiting around for Weekes before getting an answer, we May get some clarity today

Or it May stay a bit of a Fog. The sort where you can't even see your Hands. That would be Savage.
    Loomer
    Loomer
    Fanatic

Post by Loomer Tue Mar 05, 2024 7:20 am

Ando wrote:

On a sidenote where is Gaz Ellis at these days?!

24 years just waiting for a chance

Ellis, Ellis, who the fuck is Ellis?
    kamikamicameleons
    kamikamicameleons

Post by kamikamicameleons Tue Mar 05, 2024 7:24 am

rhinoceroo wrote:

Or it May stay a bit of a Fog. The sort where you can't even see your Hands. That would be Savage.

If any of you are feeling a bit Asi about split TLT, and don't fancy having Amone in here, maybe have a pint of Ale to relax
    rhinoceroo
    rhinoceroo
    Fanatic

Post by rhinoceroo Tue Mar 05, 2024 7:27 am

Loomer wrote:

24 years just waiting for a chance

Ellis, Ellis, who the fuck is Ellis?

Not sure if it was answered , but Gareth Ellis works in player welfare in the UK
    OB
    OB

Post by OB Tue Mar 05, 2024 7:53 am

There are whispers of Ali Leiataua taking Rocko Berry's CTR spot. Discussed on the Wahs Weekly pod on Talking League's channel. I know the TLTb is today, and not a huge amount of reason to spread rumours at this point, but could be interesting.
    Mulvy
    Mulvy

Post by Mulvy Tue Mar 05, 2024 8:08 am

rhinoceroo wrote:Never been a huge fan of bananas, but the ones in Southern India were a revelation. No idea what variety they were but completely different to the ones I'm used to, couldn't get enough of them. Roadside bags of banana chips also amazing.

Anyway, has Burton v Fogarty been underdiscussed? Same price, same floors, one has a higher ceiling...

Not quite the same floor. Three worst scores of 16,19,25 is a bit worse than 20,28,29. Probably the main turnoff tbh.

I wouldn't say their ceilings are that much different either. Both have a few scores of 70's and 80's in the last two years, a couple more for Burton granted. Both had some mega scores in 2021 but they were both at different clubs during Vlandysball making them pretty meaningless.

One paired with a rookie vs one paired with a journeyman and Burton never dominates anything, Fogarty does.

Good suggestion, it's a lot closer than I thought. Think I'd prefer Fogarty still. I know there is dire predictions for the Raiders, but they still have a good forward pack and finished 8th vs 15th last year. Each year we think the Bulldogs improve, but for whatever reason they don't.
    Mulvy
    Mulvy

Post by Mulvy Tue Mar 05, 2024 8:15 am

Obbeats wrote:There are whispers of Ali Leiataua taking Rocko Berry's CTR spot. Discussed on the Wahs Weekly pod on Talking League's channel. I know the TLTb is today, and not a huge amount of reason to spread rumours at this point, but could be interesting.

Could be very interesting with centre dpp. 300k. Likes a TB according to reserve grade stats. Averaged 45, 47 at centre.
    Milchcow
    Milchcow

Post by Milchcow Tue Mar 05, 2024 8:18 am

Captaincy percentage

Nathan Cleary 44.25
    Payne Haas 16.29
    Nicholas Hynes 9.52
    Shaun Johnson 4.22
    Daly Cherry-Evans 1.77
    Kalyn Ponga 1.44
    Patrick Carrigan 1.15
    Mitchell Moses 1.12
    J'maine Hopgood 1.06
    Harry Grant 1.05
    Cameron Murray 1.03
    kamikamicameleons
    kamikamicameleons

Post by kamikamicameleons Tue Mar 05, 2024 8:23 am

Mulvy wrote:

Could be very interesting with centre dpp. 300k. Likes a TB according to reserve grade stats. Averaged 45, 47 at centre.

If he somehow gets the start I'd 100% be picking him up. Can see him averaging 40. I just can't see it happening though, Berry was great on that side last year. Not sure why they'd drop him without an injury or a poor run of form
    OB
    OB

Post by OB Tue Mar 05, 2024 8:30 am

kamikamicameleons wrote:

If he somehow gets the start I'd 100% be picking him up. Can see him averaging 40. I just can't see it happening though, Berry was great on that side last year. Not sure why they'd drop him without an injury or a poor run of form

Maybe he is training the kitchen, dining, lounge room, and 2 of the three bedrooms down while Berry is is only managing the other bedroom, bathroom and garage.
    BCT05
    BCT05

Post by BCT05 Tue Mar 05, 2024 8:36 am

GreenSchist wrote:With Leniu looking at a lengthy suspension, a lot of people are considering bringing in May.
    Wouldn't we be better off just starting with Smithies and saving the trade? Basically the same price, likely to get more minutes over the first 3 rounds (potentially longer pending how Horse lines up when he returns). May's minutes likely elevated in Round 1 due to JWH suspension and the string of Roosters injuries.

If McInnes doesn't pan out today, I likely try start with Smithies and bring in May next week but I'll be happy to pass on him if there are other value options available.

I'm interested in Smithies. Does feel likely once Horse is back the minutes wont be there to enable a ~50 average though.

But as you say you do get three games before Horse returns so downside is probably low in the short term and can assess minutes in rd4. Might only make 50k or 60k but not the end of the world if you get three solid weeks out of him. The Ricky factor is always a worry though, could go full Tapine on him for no apparent reason?

Probably safer than Lolo who I currently have...
    my tv broke
    my tv broke
    Fanatics Immortal

Post by my tv broke Tue Mar 05, 2024 8:40 am

BCT05 wrote:
    But as you say you do get three games before Horse returns so downside is probably low in the short term and can assess minutes in rd4.

i thought he was back round 2, so i googled, and this article from january, hors says he is back round 3? i have nfi lol

he also mentions in the article that the 13 jersey is up for grabs.

“There would be a few obvious candidates. Morgan's a good 13, Hohepa at the end of last season had a few good games there, so it’s in their hands not mine and whoever plays well in the trials and earns that spot I’ll be happy for.

https://www.nrl.com/news/2024/01/23/corey-comes-to-terms-with-ban-as-young-guns-rev-up-for-shootout/

With Yeo's comments the other day, i'm feeling good about picking him.
    Mulvy
    Mulvy

Post by Mulvy Tue Mar 05, 2024 8:41 am

BCT05 wrote:

I'm interested in Smithies. Does feel likely once Horse is back the minutes wont be there to enable a ~50 average though.

But as you say you do get three games before Horse returns so downside is probably low in the short term and can assess minutes in rd4. Might only make 50k or 60k but not the end of the world if you get three solid weeks out of him. The Ricky factor is always a worry though, could go full Tapine on him for no apparent reason?

Probably safer than Lolo who I currently have...

This is my thoughts, hopefully some solid scores to start the year while we have the lower cap. If the worst case is have to trade after a few rounds that's not too bad. And best case he holds lock with Horse to prop. Decent punt.
    Mulvy
    Mulvy

Post by Mulvy Tue Mar 05, 2024 8:44 am

my tv broke wrote:

i thought he was back round 2, so i googled, and this article from january, hors says he is back round 3? i have nfi lol

he also mentions in the article that the 13 jersey is up for grabs.

“There would be a few obvious candidates. Morgan's a good 13, Hohepa at the end of last season had a few good games there, so it’s in their hands not mine and whoever plays well in the trials and earns that spot I’ll be happy for.

https://www.nrl.com/news/2024/01/23/corey-comes-to-terms-with-ban-as-young-guns-rev-up-for-shootout/

With Yeo's comments the other day, i'm feeling good about picking him.

Hmm. NRL casualty ward has him back rd4....

Two games makes me less interested. Where can we get official confirmation??
    Loomer
    Loomer
    Fanatic

Post by Loomer Tue Mar 05, 2024 8:51 am

Obbeats wrote:There are whispers of Ali Leiataua taking Rocko Berry's CTR spot. Discussed on the Wahs Weekly pod on Talking League's channel. I know the TLTb is today, and not a huge amount of reason to spread rumours at this point, but could be interesting.

I should've asked Andrew, the assistant coach, at pub on Saturday. He's said before that he rates Berry
    Aardvark
    Aardvark

Post by Aardvark Tue Mar 05, 2024 8:54 am

Khany wrote:The entire world has gone soft. Laughing

Too long in the fruit bowl?

Current date/time is Fri Sep 20, 2024 2:12 am