NRL Fantasy Fanatics

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

NRL Fantasy Fanatics

NRL Fantasy Fanatics - A place for discussion of NRL Fantasy / Virtual Sports / Super Coach and other Fantasy Sports

NRL Fantasy 2024 Part 8 - May we have a new Roosters forward

ynot
    ynot

NRL Fantasy 2024 Part 8 - May we have a new Roosters forward - Page 16 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2024 Part 8 - May we have a new Roosters forward

Post by ynot Tue Mar 05, 2024 1:50 pm

Milchcow wrote:

Because Weekes won't get named?  Or something else

Yes because of Weekes, I'm guessing a lot would've had Paps and 2 of Bradley/Paps/Kini penciled in as the WFB combo. The options aren't great in terms of value outside of that and those who've already played, so they'll probably lock in a gun instead.
    Tigs
    Tigs

NRL Fantasy 2024 Part 8 - May we have a new Roosters forward - Page 16 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2024 Part 8 - May we have a new Roosters forward

Post by Tigs Tue Mar 05, 2024 1:51 pm

Nicho Hynes has been cleared to play in Round 1, overcoming a minor quadriceps issue he suffered in Sharks training 2 weeks ago
    (@nrlphysio)
    multiple.scoregasms
    multiple.scoregasms
    Fanatic

Post by multiple.scoregasms Tue Mar 05, 2024 1:52 pm

easytiger wrote:

Thoughts on Cavendish vs. Plantain?

Cavendish seems to have the most JS

Cavendish a way better cyclist. Equal 1st for Tour de France stage wins
    kamikamicameleons
    kamikamicameleons

Post by kamikamicameleons Tue Mar 05, 2024 1:56 pm

Bethany_B wrote:

That's what I'm doing, though I also have Niu and RTS at WFB who will likely get CTR dual as well

Ooh, RTS at WFB is tempting. Could let the Penis go, replace him with Strange and then afford RTS at WFB. Or do I just spend that saved cash getting a better Mid...
    ynot
    ynot

Post by ynot Tue Mar 05, 2024 1:57 pm

Kind of already knew this:

robelgordo
    robelgordo
    Fanatic

Post by robelgordo Tue Mar 05, 2024 1:58 pm

Ok actual footy talk

easytiger wrote:

My Actual thoughts;

Smithies;
    Clearly, more of an unknown.
    What we do know; has a good engine, will tackle anything that moves.
    Brittish forwards have a good history of going well in the NRL. There are anecdotes from Elliot Whitehead that his running game & ball skills are surprisingly good.
    In the trial game, I recall them saying that Canberra really went hard to get him, and that he is far better than what they had expected.
    I think the pace of NRL week to week is higher than the superleague, so I'd expect any Brittish forward to get some PPM uptick playing here.
    Seems worthy of a punt, with a chance he holds the 13 when Horse returns (who was an out and out prop prior to last year)
    I've initially given him what feels like a fairly conservative 0.8PPM at 60 minutes initially for a 10 point upside.
    0.8PPM is approx a Cotter, Elliott, Harris, Gilbert, (Flegler ironically)

I think for me the UK players are generally just as skilled as Aus players, it just the game isn't as athletic/professional. They play too many matches in a season, and don't train all through the offseason like NRL teams, so don't have that discipline/edge.

With that in mind it is perhaps easier for UK forwards to bridge the gap faster than backs? Possible easier adjustment to the speed, especially in defence than if you're wider?
    Chewie
    Chewie
    Fanatic

Post by Chewie Tue Mar 05, 2024 2:00 pm

The Bludger#2 wrote:

Han or Lando as the true owner of the Millenium Falcom??

Han won it fair and square
    Welsh Mafia
    Welsh Mafia

Post by Welsh Mafia Tue Mar 05, 2024 2:00 pm

ynot wrote:Kind of already knew this:

Plath could be an uber trap or a cow we miss. Hmm. Surely Stone comes back and they share the gig.
    robelgordo
    robelgordo
    Fanatic

Post by robelgordo Tue Mar 05, 2024 2:01 pm

ynot wrote:Kind of already knew this:

I'm tempted by both tbh

Niu if WFB and CTR are really dire, but tbf they are both shaping up maybe ok?

Plath the 500k price tag is outrageous but based on the 2 game sample size he's worth at least 6 pts over his BE
    easytiger
    easytiger

NRL FF Survivor Champion : 2022

Post by easytiger Tue Mar 05, 2024 2:03 pm

robelgordo wrote:

Cavendish doesn't have as much JS as you think. Under the risk of extinction from a fungus. This happened to an earlier popular banana variety - ti got wiped out by disease and the Cavendish was resistant and took over dominant market share.

I know way more about bananas that I realised.

Game theory suggests it's high ownership means you're better opting for Cavendish even with the elevated risk profile.
    Archer
    Archer

Post by Archer Tue Mar 05, 2024 2:03 pm

I know its Sticky and I genuinely expect to see some head scratching shit come out of the team list but I thought most people that watched the trials had Strange well ahead of Weeks, or did people think it was closer/had Weekes ahead? Genuinely curious what neutrals had as our pecking order.

IMO Chevy looked too raw for rd 1 so Rapa at FB, then I'm hoping its Cotric + Savage wings with Schiller earning Kris's ctr spot for 1 week. Mariota hopefully in the 17 and I'd love to see one of Puru/Mooney but suspect they're just outside. Keen AF for our team list.
    robelgordo
    robelgordo
    Fanatic

Post by robelgordo Tue Mar 05, 2024 2:04 pm

Archer wrote:I know its Sticky and I genuinely expect to see some head scratching shit come out of the team list but I thought most people that watched the trials had Strange well ahead of Weeks, or did people think it was closer/had Weekes ahead? Genuinely curious what neutrals had as our pecking order.

IMO Chevy looked too raw for rd 1 so Rapa at FB, then I'm hoping its Cotric + Savage wings with Schiller earning Kris's ctr spot for 1 week. Mariota hopefully in the 17 and I'd love to see one of Puru/Mooney but suspect they're just outside. Keen AF for our team list.

People thought Savage was better but Weekes still had the inside line because he was playing the opposite side to where Fog usually does? Something like that.
    Mulvy
    Mulvy

Post by Mulvy Tue Mar 05, 2024 2:05 pm

robelgordo wrote:

Thought it was red, yellow, blue for primary colours? Will ask my 7yo later.

My googling says some languages didn't have a distinct green colour, its on the blue spectrum. Other languages not only have green but also clear words for light and dark blue. So it's a bit arbitrary

Nah Obbeats is correct, Red Green Blue is the primaries for light, hence we had RGB monitor cables prior to HDMI for example. The human eye has three types of cone cells that are respectively sensitive to red green and blue.

The primaries for mixing paint is different though. Indeed they are blue yellow red. Mixing blue and yellow makes green.

Fun fact, the red LED was the first to be developed followed by the green. The blue one took them ages to figure out.
    Shady2K
    Shady2K

Post by Shady2K Tue Mar 05, 2024 2:07 pm

Bethany_B wrote:

That's what I'm doing, though I also have Niu and RTS at WFB who will likely get CTR dual as well

Kinda want Kiraz too if at CTR. Don’t think I can fit him in
    robelgordo
    robelgordo
    Fanatic

Post by robelgordo Tue Mar 05, 2024 2:08 pm

Mulvy wrote:

Nah Obbeats is correct, Red Green Blue is the primaries for light, hence we had RGB monitor cables prior to HDMI for example. The human eye has three types of cone cells that are respectively sensitive to red green and blue.

The primaries for mixing paint is different though. Indeed they are blue yellow red. Mixing blue and yellow makes green.

Fun fact, the red LED was the first to be developed followed by the green. The blue one took them ages to figure out.

Righto I'm thinking mixing paint!
    mattnz
    Fanatic

Post by mattnz Tue Mar 05, 2024 2:08 pm

robelgordo wrote:

I'm tempted by both tbh

Niu if WFB and CTR are really dire, but tbf they are both shaping up maybe ok?

Plath the 500k price tag is outrageous but based on the 2 game sample size he's worth at least 6 pts over his BE

Plath is $278k in Supercoach.
    Rabbits21
    Rabbits21
    Fanatic

Post by Rabbits21 Tue Mar 05, 2024 2:10 pm

Shady2K wrote:Would run Kris Strange Burbo as CTRs. Cheap

Me too mate
    White Lightning
    White Lightning
    Fanatic

Post by White Lightning Tue Mar 05, 2024 2:10 pm

mattnz wrote:

Plath is $278k in Supercoach.

yeah he's cheap in vsdt as well so common nrl fantasy drop his price
    Milchcow
    Milchcow

Post by Milchcow Tue Mar 05, 2024 2:11 pm

robelgordo wrote:

Main thing we need to know is if Plath has the spot on merits. or whether he is just holding spot whilst Stone is injured, so hopefully both get named.

His average also boosted by a try, so he is at a shitty price really. maybe he'll be like Terrell May and kill it round 1, but its a bit of a risk to take.
    Mulvy
    Mulvy

Post by Mulvy Tue Mar 05, 2024 2:12 pm

Archer wrote:I know its Sticky and I genuinely expect to see some head scratching shit come out of the team list but I thought most people that watched the trials had Strange well ahead of Weeks, or did people think it was closer/had Weekes ahead? Genuinely curious what neutrals had as our pecking order.

robelgordo wrote:

People thought Savage was better but Weekes still had the inside line because he was playing the opposite side to where Fog usually does? Something like that.

Yeah that was my take. Strange was heaps better but I thought rumours in preseason were that Weekes was ahead, and then the side of field thing. But yeah, Strange had a multiple cracking efforts on Luki and if I'm Riki, defence is more important while you learn your craft in attack.

Current date/time is Thu Sep 19, 2024 10:55 am