NRL Fantasy Fanatics

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

NRL Fantasy Fanatics

NRL Fantasy Fanatics - A place for discussion of NRL Fantasy / Virtual Sports / Super Coach and other Fantasy Sports

NRL Fantasy 2024 Part 8 - May we have a new Roosters forward

robelgordo
    robelgordo
    Fanatic

NRL Fantasy 2024 Part 8 - May we have a new Roosters forward - Page 17 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2024 Part 8 - May we have a new Roosters forward

Post by robelgordo Tue Mar 05, 2024 2:13 pm

Milchcow wrote:

Main thing we need to know is if Plath has the spot on merits. or whether he is just holding spot whilst Stone is injured, so hopefully both get named.

His average also boosted by a try, so he is at a shitty price really. maybe he'll be like Terrell May and kill it round 1, but its a bit of a risk to take.

Yeah I was a bit tongue in cheek about 2 game sample size and thinking through it more I can't do it at that price. Too many unknowns.
    Archer
    Archer

NRL Fantasy 2024 Part 8 - May we have a new Roosters forward - Page 17 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2024 Part 8 - May we have a new Roosters forward

Post by Archer Tue Mar 05, 2024 2:13 pm

robelgordo wrote:

People thought Savage was better but Weekes still had the inside line because he was playing the opposite side to where Fog usually does? Something like that.
    Right gotya, assume you meant Strange. Ok thanks. Hmm, I'm pretty sure they were opposite sides in the trial before so to me that was Stuart just switching them to see how they play both sides. Hopefully its because he's going to put the rookie where they are most comfortable and have Fogarty switch, but then I know where hoping gets me
    White Lightning
    White Lightning
    Fanatic

Post by White Lightning Tue Mar 05, 2024 2:15 pm

if plath is starting i'll get him in sc & vsdt but 500k in fantasy is too expensive
    my tv broke
    my tv broke
    Fanatics Immortal

Post by my tv broke Tue Mar 05, 2024 2:15 pm

Milchcow wrote:

Main thing we need to know is if Plath has the spot on merits. or whether he is just holding spot whilst Stone is injured, so hopefully both get named.

His average also boosted by a try, so he is at a shitty price really. maybe he'll be like Terrell May and kill it round 1, but its a bit of a risk to take.

Roker said earlier plath was filling in at dummy half as well, his feeling was he'd be the 14
    Milchcow
    Milchcow

Post by Milchcow Tue Mar 05, 2024 2:16 pm

robelgordo wrote:

Thought it was red, yellow, blue for primary colours? Will ask my 7yo later.

My googling says some languages didn't have a distinct green colour, its on the blue spectrum. Other languages not only have green but also clear words for light and dark blue. So it's a bit arbitrary

Primary colours have different meanings, based on what you are talking about.
    Kids are taught red, yellow, blue, but its a bit more complex than that
    https://science.howstuffworks.com/primary-colors.htm

There's also a bunch of languages that don't have a distinct word for pink, but use 'light red' instead. I'm sure there are other examples
    Archer
    Archer

Post by Archer Tue Mar 05, 2024 2:16 pm

Mulvy wrote:

Yeah that was my take. Strange was heaps better but I thought rumours in preseason were that Weekes was ahead, and then the side of field thing. But yeah, Strange had a multiple cracking efforts on Luki and if I'm Riki, defence is more important while you learn your craft in attack.
    Yeah 100% on the defence, feel like Mam is the latest example of that. If he can hold his own even half as well as Mam in defence I'll be happy waiting as long as it takes for attack. Could make for some decent base points too as I assume teams will direct a lot of traffic his way to begin with.
    Milchcow
    Milchcow

Post by Milchcow Tue Mar 05, 2024 2:17 pm

robelgordo wrote:
    Milchcow wrote:

Yeah I was a bit tongue in cheek about 2 game sample size and thinking through it more I can't do it at that price. Too many unknowns.

People are getting Smithies for more money, on a 0 NRL game sample size. So lets not pretend that Fantasy players can't jump to whatever conclusion they want.
    Tigs
    Tigs

Post by Tigs Tue Mar 05, 2024 2:18 pm

Canterbury backrower Viliame Kikau has given the biggest indication yet that Jaeman Salmon will line-up at lock this weekend, endorsing his former Penrith teammate’s ability in attack. Salmon spent the pre-season in a three-way battle for the No.13 role but got the nod in the trials ahead of Josh Curran and Kurt Mann. Kikau believes Salmon gives the Bulldogs an edge at lock in Saturday’s clash against Parramatta.
    “He’s played quite well (in the trials). He’s played at five-eighth during his career too. He adds a dimension to our attack being a ball player in the middle. It really helps with the halves getting the forwards around. I reckon he’ll play really well this year,” Kikau said.
    White Lightning
    White Lightning
    Fanatic

Post by White Lightning Tue Mar 05, 2024 2:20 pm

i know strange got sin binned for it but when he dumped that guy on his head with an old school tackle i think ricky altho on the outside he disapproved but on the inside was smiling going down memory lane
    robelgordo
    robelgordo
    Fanatic

Post by robelgordo Tue Mar 05, 2024 2:25 pm

Tigs wrote:Canterbury backrower Viliame Kikau has given the biggest indication yet that Jaeman Salmon will line-up at lock this weekend, endorsing his former Penrith teammate’s ability in attack. Salmon spent the pre-season in a three-way battle for the No.13 role but got the nod in the trials ahead of Josh Curran and Kurt Mann. Kikau believes Salmon gives the Bulldogs an edge at lock in Saturday’s clash against Parramatta.
    “He’s played quite well (in the trials). He’s played at five-eighth during his career too. He adds a dimension to our attack being a ball player in the middle. It really helps with the halves getting the forwards around. I reckon he’ll play really well this year,” Kikau said.

So the weak gutted dog is the bulldog? Always suspected those bug-eyed inbred weirdos. Plus not a fan of the pets either.
    GreenSchist
    GreenSchist

Post by GreenSchist Tue Mar 05, 2024 2:26 pm

Tigs wrote:Canterbury backrower Viliame Kikau has given the biggest indication yet that Jaeman Salmon will line-up at lock this weekend, endorsing his former Penrith teammate’s ability in attack. Salmon spent the pre-season in a three-way battle for the No.13 role but got the nod in the trials ahead of Josh Curran and Kurt Mann. Kikau believes Salmon gives the Bulldogs an edge at lock in Saturday’s clash against Parramatta.

Keep them coming Tigs!

If it's not too much hassle, can you please confirm the following:
    - Kini has the fullback role locked up, even when JC returns
    - Schuster is retiring from competitive football
    - Horse is moving to prop
    - Finucane is moving to prop
    - Eels hooker situation
    - Will Rapana score more points than Papy?
    - Is Hopgood going to play 80 minutes?

Please and thank you

Laughing
    No Worries
    No Worries

NRL FF Survivor Champion : I'm like the waterboy.

Post by No Worries Tue Mar 05, 2024 2:26 pm

Shout out to Leniu's brother Paris. How to help a brother out " 'The whole tribe crying,' with two crying emojis and two monkey emojis. " Bang Bang
    White Lightning
    White Lightning
    Fanatic

Post by White Lightning Tue Mar 05, 2024 2:29 pm

GreenSchist wrote:

Keep them coming Tigs!

If it's not too much hassle, can you please confirm the following:
    - Kini has the fullback role locked up, even when JC returns
    - Schuster is retiring from competitive football
    - Horse is moving to prop
    - Finucane is moving to prop
    - Eels hooker situation
    - Will Rapana score more points than Papy?
    - Is Hopgood going to play 80 minutes?

Please and thank you

Laughing

yes, yes he brought a banana plantation, yes, no, both in 17, yes, not with matterson on the bench

Mulvy
    Mulvy

Post by Mulvy Tue Mar 05, 2024 2:31 pm

If Leniu is out for a few weeks, pretty like for like minutes replacement with JWH returning. Improves the argument for May continuing to get a decent run?
    wolfking
    wolfking
    Fanatics Immortal

Post by wolfking Tue Mar 05, 2024 2:32 pm

Mulvy wrote:If Leniu is out for a few weeks,  pretty like for like  minutes replacement with JWH returning.  Improves the argument for May continuing to get a decent run?

Especially when there's a high probability JWH will be suspended in round 2 also.
    The Dolphin Conspiracies
    The Dolphin Conspiracies

Post by The Dolphin Conspiracies Tue Mar 05, 2024 2:32 pm

White Lightning wrote:I can't see Berry being dropped...he's the incumbant & played great in the 2nd try & scored a good try...it's not as if the warriors had a poor 2023 season where in 2024 they need to change up the team.
    For fantasy though a 300k dpp ctr would be great....if Strange misses out an easy upgrade.

Depends - what colour is Berry?
    WT Winfield
    WT Winfield

Post by WT Winfield Tue Mar 05, 2024 2:35 pm

Mulvy wrote:If Leniu is out for a few weeks,  pretty like for like  minutes replacement with JWH returning.  Improves the argument for May continuing to get a decent run?

Drop the question mark, replace with an exclamation point.

Don't overthink it again Razz
    The Dolphin Conspiracies
    The Dolphin Conspiracies

Post by The Dolphin Conspiracies Tue Mar 05, 2024 2:35 pm

easytiger wrote:

Thoughts on Cavendish vs. Plantain?

Cavendish seems to have the most JS

Canvendish has some raw talent... Plantain is cooked - passed his prime
    BroncosSabres
    BroncosSabres

Post by BroncosSabres Tue Mar 05, 2024 2:37 pm

No Worries wrote:Shout out to Leniu's brother Paris. How to help a brother out " 'The whole tribe crying,' with two crying emojis and two monkey emojis. " Bang Bang

I wonder if this kind of thing could work against Spencer at the judiciary? What clowns
    mattnz
    Fanatic

Post by mattnz Tue Mar 05, 2024 2:38 pm

The big impact is that it keeps Whyte on the bench for a 15-20 minute role.

Current date/time is Fri Sep 20, 2024 2:30 am