NRL Fantasy Fanatics

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

NRL Fantasy Fanatics

NRL Fantasy Fanatics - A place for discussion of NRL Fantasy / Virtual Sports / Super Coach and other Fantasy Sports

NRL Fantasy 2024 Part 8 - May we have a new Roosters forward

Rotinaj
    Rotinaj

NRL Fantasy 2024 Part 8 - May we have a new Roosters forward - Page 43 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2024 Part 8 - May we have a new Roosters forward

Post by Rotinaj Wed Mar 06, 2024 11:41 am

Not sure if it's super fantasy relevant. But how do we think Wayne is going to use Plath? Maybe a gameday swap of him and Nikorima?
    Teeth Eater
    Teeth Eater

NRL Fantasy 2024 Part 8 - May we have a new Roosters forward - Page 43 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2024 Part 8 - May we have a new Roosters forward

Post by Teeth Eater Wed Mar 06, 2024 11:46 am

mattnz wrote:Have finally landed on a team that I am somewhat comfortable with:

Brandon
    Harris Smithies Tups
    Wong Piakura
    Cleary Fogs
    Kiraz May
    Turbo Papy Rapana

Luki Hutch Salmon Levi
    Strange Hughes Chan Cotric

$17k

$1k off having Kini instead of Cotric.

Pretty happy with the balance and cover and liking being able to find some likely value in top tier scoring CTRs and WFBs, while having lots of mid range value in HOK, MID, EDG and HLF.

6 Raiders, 4 Bulldogs, 3 injured players already, what could go wrong?

Nice looking squad. My biggest question about it is, is that your actual playing order, with Levi over those last four?
    mattnz
    Fanatic

Post by mattnz Wed Mar 06, 2024 11:47 am

SoylentGreen wrote:Elliott + Smithies?

or

Cotter + Luki?

or

Any one of those 4 + Rapana?

I'd be going Rapana and either Smithies or Luki (I have all 3).

WFB is a position where it is hard to find significant value. Rapana should provide plenty of upside if he stays at fullback. Is likely to be the one you most regret missing when he is constantly running out of dummy half, while playing slapsies. Is also a fun pick. Can't see either Elliott or Cotter having a potential for 15 points of value, and there are lots of alternatives that could be better options than they are. Rapana should be top of the heap in his position for value after Papy.

Milchcow
    Milchcow

Post by Milchcow Wed Mar 06, 2024 11:50 am

mattnz wrote:
    Not seeing upside for Moses. This was his highest scoring year ever and had games where Brown wasn't playing.

Moses loves scoring points when the Eels win big, and the Eels have a favourable start to the year
    mattnz
    Fanatic

Post by mattnz Wed Mar 06, 2024 11:50 am

Teeth Eater wrote:

Nice looking squad. My biggest question about it is, is that your actual playing order, with Levi over those last four?

Yeah was just looking at it, as starting hooker last season, with Starling on the bench he came out strong, with a 29 and a 40. Wouldn't complain with either of those scores in position 17. Not seeing any of the guys below him getting a 35 average.
    Chewie
    Chewie
    Fanatic

Post by Chewie Wed Mar 06, 2024 11:50 am

I don't think I've ever seen this many fantasy relevant players from one team at the start of the season.
    I vaguely remember a season back in the day where I had a whole bunch of Rabbitohs in the team, but that's it.
    It would have been interesting if the Raiders had an early bye
    Chewie
    Chewie
    Fanatic

Post by Chewie Wed Mar 06, 2024 11:52 am

Milchcow wrote:

Moses loves scoring points when the Eels win big, and the Eels have a favourable start to the year

Moses being healthy is a plus too
    rhinoceroo
    rhinoceroo
    Fanatic

Post by rhinoceroo Wed Mar 06, 2024 11:54 am

mattnz wrote:Have finally landed on a team that I am somewhat comfortable with:

Brandon
    Harris Smithies Tups
    Wong Piakura
    Cleary Fogs
    Kiraz May
    Turbo Papy Rapana

Luki Hutch Salmon Levi
    Strange Hughes Chan Cotric

$17k

$1k off having Kini instead of Cotric.

Pretty happy with the balance and cover and liking being able to find some likely value in top tier scoring CTRs and WFBs, while having lots of mid range value in HOK, MID, EDG and HLF.

6 Raiders, 4 Bulldogs, 3 injured players already, what could go wrong?

*Rabbits voice* Wow, no Burbo.

Ok, here's a MattNZ move for you - and one I don't mind and might do myself:

Everyone had Mikaele in their squads pre-teamlist because he's cheap and we saw value if he was in the 17. He's been named as the first reserve forward (somehow, Cowboys fans are up in arms) with an injury-prone pack and a four forward bench. He's going to be in the 17 or better sometime soon. Switch him for Cotric, put him at 17 for a loop (plays last game), and stash him for the two or three weeks until the time you would have bought him anyway.

Last edited by rhinoceroo on Wed Mar 06, 2024 11:55 am; edited 1 time in total
    Aardvark
    Aardvark

Post by Aardvark Wed Mar 06, 2024 11:54 am

Still contemplating Robson as primary HKR with Cheese as backup.....Cheese is sitting in the spot now but he loves getting busted up and I really don't like relying on Levi to do anything.

Also warming to Kiraz as a flexible CTR/WFB option

Too many Bulldogs & Raiders
    mickspicks
    mickspicks

Post by mickspicks Wed Mar 06, 2024 11:54 am

Rotinaj wrote:Not sure if it's super fantasy relevant. But how do we think Wayne is going to use Plath? Maybe a gameday swap of him and Nikorima?

Nope. Plays lock/9.

Plath will come on for Stone most likely. Then shift to a small stint in 9. Then off.
    Milchcow
    Milchcow

Post by Milchcow Wed Mar 06, 2024 11:55 am

Milchcow wrote:
    mattnz wrote:
    Not seeing upside for Moses. This was his highest scoring year ever and had games where Brown wasn't playing.

Also compare him to Fogarty who everyone has instead

Fogarty gains more consistent goalkicking, there's an extra ~4 points. But that's about it for value.
    Might be Ok, but only because there's nothing that stands out as better.
    No doubt someone will come along and smash it, but there's no predictions at the moment as to who that will be

More general play kicking? 2023 was already the most he'd kicked in a season

More attacking points? How good will the Raiders be this year? They arguably have the worst spine in the comp
    mattnz
    Fanatic

Post by mattnz Wed Mar 06, 2024 11:59 am

rhinoceroo wrote:

*Rabbits voice* Wow, no Burbo.

Ok, here's a MattNZ move for you - and one I don't mind and might do myself:

Everyone had Mikaele in their squads pre-teamlist because he's cheap and we saw value in we in the 17. He's been named as the first reserve forward (somehow, Cowboys fans are up in arms) with an injury-prone pack and a four forward bench. He's going to be in the 17 or better sometime soon. Switch him for Cotric, put him at 17 for a loop (plays last game), and stash him for the two or three weeks until the time you would have bought him anyway.

Don't mind it. Will see how Strange scores in spot 18.

There is an interview with Payten on nrl.com where he says Mikaele is missing out in R1, but will be first up in case of injury.
    robelgordo
    robelgordo
    Fanatic

Post by robelgordo Wed Mar 06, 2024 11:59 am

Weiland wrote:Who would you guys think will be a higher scorer, Moses or Ponga? Really struggling with a decision here.

Straight up points, probably a coin toss, but Ponga a far more valuable asset due to position… he could be #1 WFB whereas Moses is at best like 3rd HLF

I know there’s the argument HLF scoring is more reliable early, and you might catch the gun WFB at a base price, but not sure that applies to Moses. Dude had a 35 with 2 tries last season!
    rhinoceroo
    rhinoceroo
    Fanatic

Post by rhinoceroo Wed Mar 06, 2024 12:00 pm

Milchcow wrote:

Fogarty gains more consistent goalkicking, there's an extra ~4 points. But that's about it for value.
    No doubt someone will come along and smash it, but there's no predictions at the moment as to who that will be

More attacking points? How good will the Raiders be this year? They arguably have the worst spine in the comp

That was behind my brief dalliance with a Cleary/Hynes team. Just scrolling up the halves and saying "I don't trust him" until I reached DCE.

Of those below that, the ones I mistrust to a just about acceptable amount are Moses and Hunt, but not really Fog.
    BroncosSabres
    BroncosSabres

Post by BroncosSabres Wed Mar 06, 2024 12:01 pm

Rabbit wrote:People are questioning Hughes? At that price, with his rep, size and fittest bloke in the club in that shithouse forward pack?

He'll be a gun. :ThumbsUp:

Tell me more. I removed him from my team yesterday because I was worries about his minutes. What are you expecting in terms of minutes/score out of him?
    Milchcow
    Milchcow

Post by Milchcow Wed Mar 06, 2024 12:01 pm

Community team trade poll, come fix our team up before the rest of the round starts

https://www.nrlfantasyfanatics.com/t2385-round-1b-trade-poll
    Wildbux
    Wildbux

Post by Wildbux Wed Mar 06, 2024 12:06 pm

Thumbs up: Cotter
    Thumbs down: Smithies
    Wildbux
    Wildbux

Post by Wildbux Wed Mar 06, 2024 12:09 pm

I've convinced myself to get Egan instead of Grant as starting hooker mainly due to the first bye and it allows me to splurge elsewhere (I also don't have Cheese). Think there is plenty upside if he remains healthy, although Lussick on the bench worries me a bit but should still get 65+ mins.

Anyone else taking the punt?
    Rabbit
    Rabbit

Post by Rabbit Wed Mar 06, 2024 12:14 pm

Rotinaj wrote:Not sure if it's super fantasy relevant. But how do we think Wayne is going to use Plath? Maybe a gameday swap of him and Nikorima?

I think Plath's versatility may be his fantasy downfall. He plays Halves, Hooker and lock. Ideal #14. Another Watson, Mann.
    wolfking
    wolfking
    Fanatics Immortal

Post by wolfking Wed Mar 06, 2024 12:18 pm

Milchcow wrote:

I was all set on Moses until about half hour ago when I switched to Fog to create better team balance. I'm not sold on Fog but need to strengthen the backs. So I think Fog just unfortunately sits in the price range where it allows bulking other areas plus adding some return with hopeful upside. I think its more the cash between the two more than people just loving Fog.

Current date/time is Fri Sep 20, 2024 2:32 am