NRL Fantasy Fanatics

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

NRL Fantasy Fanatics

NRL Fantasy Fanatics - A place for discussion of NRL Fantasy / Virtual Sports / Super Coach and other Fantasy Sports

NRL Fantasy 2024 Part 9 - I can't even restart my whole team anymore

Chewie
    Chewie
    Fanatic

NRL Fantasy 2024 Part 9 - I can't even restart my whole team anymore - Page 11 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2024 Part 9 - I can't even restart my whole team anymore

Post by Chewie Thu Mar 07, 2024 7:37 am

Good to see the new Carty Party thread!
    Will aim to have Carty in my team at some stage this season #2024nrlfantasygoals
    multiple.scoregasms
    multiple.scoregasms
    Fanatic

NRL Fantasy 2024 Part 9 - I can't even restart my whole team anymore - Page 11 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2024 Part 9 - I can't even restart my whole team anymore

Post by multiple.scoregasms Thu Mar 07, 2024 7:38 am

Teeth Eater wrote:

That, and when you realise what an absolute shit-fiesta the WFB position is this year and the four best other guys are already locked out and you missed every one of them.

I'm in this post and I don't like it
    Holy Moly
    Holy Moly

Post by Holy Moly Thu Mar 07, 2024 7:42 am

I keep thinking Taaffe has some value.

$330k starting FLB.

wolfking
    wolfking
    Fanatics Immortal

Post by wolfking Thu Mar 07, 2024 7:45 am

Holy Moly wrote:I keep thinking Taaffe has some value.

$330k starting FLB.

More likely he loses value.
    White Lightning
    White Lightning
    Fanatic

Post by White Lightning Thu Mar 07, 2024 7:48 am

$330k starting FLB.

don't do it to yourself
    Holy Moly
    Holy Moly

Post by Holy Moly Thu Mar 07, 2024 7:51 am

Thanks fellas.

Saved me there.
    multiple.scoregasms
    multiple.scoregasms
    Fanatic

Post by multiple.scoregasms Thu Mar 07, 2024 7:52 am

$330k starting FLB.

NSW cup fantasy isn't running this year mate
    Regulator
    Regulator

Post by Regulator Thu Mar 07, 2024 7:55 am

I think Taafe is a dud but I keep remembering previously being like Perham he's a dud, and on the field he was average, but he still proved an OK fantasy cheapie
    Loomer
    Loomer
    Fanatic

Post by Loomer Thu Mar 07, 2024 7:57 am

$330k starting FLB.

We should have this as code if held hostage at gunpoint so people can call the authorities
    Rotinaj
    Rotinaj

Post by Rotinaj Thu Mar 07, 2024 8:05 am

Blink twice if Taaffe is in your house watching your messages
    Teeth Eater
    Teeth Eater

Post by Teeth Eater Thu Mar 07, 2024 8:09 am

$330k starting FLB.

I do agree with the subsequent responses about avoiding him, but I was also scraping the bottom of the barrel last night and was frustrated to note that he does have some decent scores in his catalogue as a fullback. The problem that is too hard to ignore is his floor when things go wrong, which based on the fact that he is at the Dogs, and his pre-season form... looks like that floor could come into play quite a bit.
    The Dolphin Conspiracies
    The Dolphin Conspiracies

Post by The Dolphin Conspiracies Thu Mar 07, 2024 8:10 am

Regulator wrote:Ponga now in my wfb and I am erect

Really wanted Kiraz and now have Suli at centre but still absolutely rock hard

I have Ponga and Kiraz
    mattnz
    Fanatic

Post by mattnz Thu Mar 07, 2024 8:16 am

THEGAME wrote:Interesting 1 for you

👍McInnes and Pap
    👎Ponga and max 455K player (Garner, T Eisenhuth, K Haas, Palasia etc) (not Salmon, Hughes)
    **comment player

Really not a fan of your mid ranger list.

Garner gets replaced by Sorenson
    Eisenhuth gets replaced by Lucy
    Haas gets replaced by Fifita

Is Pap Papenhuyzen? If so, that option is a no brainer.
    THEGAME
    THEGAME

Post by THEGAME Thu Mar 07, 2024 8:19 am

mattnz wrote:

Really not a fan of your mid ranger list.

Garner gets replaced by Sorenson
    Eisenhuth gets replaced by Lucy
    Haas gets replaced by Fifita

Is Pap Papenhuyzen? If so, that option is a no brainer.

I did think that but Fullbacks played so well in Vegas, but do have Turbo and Teddy already.
    mattnz
    Fanatic

Post by mattnz Thu Mar 07, 2024 8:26 am

THEGAME wrote:

I did think that but Fullbacks played so well in Vegas, but do have Turbo and Teddy already.

Both Papy and Ponga are fullbacks.

This season there could be decent upside in stacking your team with them. Not adverse to having them in your 14-17, like getting both Papy and Rapana.
    Loomer
    Loomer
    Fanatic

Post by Loomer Thu Mar 07, 2024 8:28 am

Any value with Liddle? I don't think Muhleisen is there to take big minutes?
    L-Jimmy
    L-Jimmy

Post by L-Jimmy Thu Mar 07, 2024 8:32 am

Screw it.

Welcome Tuaupiki!

Your arrival means I'm playing Strange in the 13, at half, but I believe in you mate. Tear it up!
    Milchcow
    Milchcow

Post by Milchcow Thu Mar 07, 2024 8:32 am

rhinoceroo wrote:
    All the podcasts were assuming that Weekes was going to be the Raiders 6, despite Strange looking several times better. They didn't have inside knowledge on this, they were just wrapped up in their own "narratives". With the exception that TK from Talking League clearly has some sort of inside track into Cronulla, they don't know any more than the average punter on here.

Doesn't mean they can't be entertaining to listen to, or give you some ideas you might not have had before, but in terms of knowing about team selections or guessing minutes, you might as well roll a dice.

Stuff like Weekes over Strange is largely irrelevant, because it becomes public knowledge who actually plays the position in plenty of time for people to change selections before hand.
    But just remember that almost any prediction of minutes/subs from any poster here, or on a podcast is really just a guess, with no actual knowledge. At best they are regurgitating a tweet from someone who does know (eg Barry Toohey for the Knights)

A couple of years ago TK did a series of pre-season podcasts where they interviewed actual members of the coaching staff / playing group for each team. They were great to listen to, and I wish they came back this year. Even without that TK's podcast is one of the better ones to listen to because at least he is a proper media guy and its generally a professional show.

And I don't really want to knock people that put a lot of time into creating content, but last year the Amateurs promoted Cam Murray as a viable captaincy option against Cleary/Hynes. And this year they said that Haas was a bad choice.
    I wouldn't necessarily leave my team selection choices up to them

Teeth Eater
    Teeth Eater

Post by Teeth Eater Thu Mar 07, 2024 8:35 am

In my schooling years I was a prolific night-before crammer when it came to studying for tests, right up until and including my HSC. Prossibably wi i tuornd owt sow smarrt.

But I did it again last night. Genuinely feel like I did more worthwhile things to my team last night than over the entire time before it. So much so that I am happy to say that 16 of 17 spots in my team are 100% locked in. I'm confident to make that call.

Was hoping to get a bit of input on my last spot if I could?

Option 1 (Thumbs Up)- Palasia and 28K in the bank ; I know he's been more or less written off and I get that his PPM isn't great. But if he is a genuine starting lock and gets the minutes to prove it, is it worth taking at least a R1 punt and if he's a dud just use him as trade fodder next week? A lot of us, including me, are taking the punt on Smithies, who is basically an unknown quantity with super sketchy job security. Just wondering if Palasia is probably worth a similar kind of punt?

Option 2 (Thumbs Down) - V.Fifita and 191K in the bank. Bank gives me desirable freedom to move next week but I don't want a red dot next week (well, 2, with Kini). If he had any type of job security I'd lock it in, but I'm nervous he's the one that drops out next week. Or is it safe enough to assume it'll come down to Eisenhuth or RFM to make way? I just can't see it going that way.

OR

Option 3 - T.Tuaupiki and 33K in the bank. Another sketchy option with the main drawcard being that I would play him next week instead of Cotric. Just a bit unsure he actually makes more than 30K or so before CNK is back. Would be my preferred option if I was a bit more certain he'd actually generate some cash in his brief time in my team.

OR

Option 4 - J.Bostock and 114K in the bank. I've had Bostock in my team a few times and was happy enough to go with him, but looking at his scores, he's basically AKP from last year, innit? If he's not scoring tries he's struggling to crack 10? I almost feel like Taaffe at FB is probably a "better" option than this? I'm also not sure I'd even play him over Cotric next week either. Kind of went off him pretty solid, but he's an option.

OR

Option 5 - P.Faamausili and 107K in the bank. Decent job security, could plod along to some really slow price rises, possibly?
    Milchcow
    Milchcow

Post by Milchcow Thu Mar 07, 2024 8:36 am

Loomer wrote:Any value with Liddle? I don't think Muhleisen is there to take big minutes?

Round 1 hasn't even started yet* and Liddle is already under an injury cloud.

Last year, as starting hooker he scored 43 points in 58 minutes. But in only games over 60 minutes his average shoots past 50. So if you think he can consistently get 60+ minutes, then there is clear value there.

*Technically, round 1 kicked off last Sunday, but you know what I mean

Current date/time is Fri Sep 20, 2024 7:45 am