NRL Fantasy Fanatics

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

NRL Fantasy Fanatics

NRL Fantasy Fanatics - A place for discussion of NRL Fantasy / Virtual Sports / Super Coach and other Fantasy Sports

NRL Fantasy 2024 Part 9 - I can't even restart my whole team anymore

Camo123
    Camo123
    Fanatic

NRL Fantasy 2024 Part 9 - I can't even restart my whole team anymore - Page 13 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2024 Part 9 - I can't even restart my whole team anymore

Post by Camo123 Thu Mar 07, 2024 8:43 am

The Pascoe Fiasco wrote:
    In the time that Api has two buys Robson has 0. How many more points do you think Api outscores Robson by per week to justify that option? It would need to be at least 10 I’m guessing.

If you’re bringing in Api this week it’s probably because you’ve got a big score at 18

Also in all likelihood, when comparing a player with byes vs no byes, you’re going to have a replacement player around 20-30 (being pessimistic) in your EMG for the player on bye
    Milchcow
    Milchcow

NRL Fantasy 2024 Part 9 - I can't even restart my whole team anymore - Page 13 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2024 Part 9 - I can't even restart my whole team anymore

Post by Milchcow Thu Mar 07, 2024 8:45 am

Chewie wrote:
    Teeth Eater wrote:

Yep, funnily enough, as I was typing it I came to that conclusion too. Currently sitting with Palasia, but also tempted by Tuaupiki. This is what I will undoubtedly ponder for the rest of the day. And probably until 6pm tomorrow. Thanks for your thoughts.

Palasia hasn't even registered on my radar until you posted about him and there's probably good reason for it. If he was a good prospect he would have been discussed in detail

He's definitely been mentioned.

Prior to team lists I assumed he'd rank behind Tino, Mofo and Liu and not get enough game time.

If he does start lock, and get decent game time, then he could be a good bet but I'd r=like to wait and see how it plays out rather than take a punt
    The Pascoe Fiasco
    The Pascoe Fiasco

Post by The Pascoe Fiasco Thu Mar 07, 2024 8:48 am

Rabbits21 wrote:
    Grant would be 11 of 12 games and Robson 11 of 12 games you can’t have Robson with 1 more game. Both could play origin count them to round 12…

Grant 11 games 660 points avg 60
    Robson 12 games avg 600 points avg 50

Plus add whoever is your 18th man for when Grant is one bye if they get a 35 that’s 695 points.
    Robson’s first bye is Rd 16 so he is 12/12. Will Robson play Origin? I think it’s a bit early to assume that. When you go to Rd 13 you are also potentially saving a trade. Regardless, it’s far too early to assume neither wilk get suspended or injured prior to Rd 12 or 13.

Last edited by The Pascoe Fiasco on Thu Mar 07, 2024 9:22 am; edited 1 time in total
    rhinoceroo
    rhinoceroo
    Fanatic

Post by rhinoceroo Thu Mar 07, 2024 8:50 am

mattnz wrote:Lolo looks like a good wait and see for R1. If he scores 50 in 60 minutes, he is an easy swap for Tupoinua injury.

Is Tup confirmed injured? Last public info I saw was he's going for a precautionary groin scan that NRL Physio described as "not sounding like a major issue at this stage."
    The Bludger#2
    The Bludger#2

Post by The Bludger#2 Thu Mar 07, 2024 8:51 am

Honeysett wrote:

I've locked in Hunt because Flanno is such a spud.

SOS, same dominant half in a team that's improved and gives you $100k ITB to spend elsewhere.
    Beer
    rhinoceroo
    rhinoceroo
    Fanatic

Post by rhinoceroo Thu Mar 07, 2024 8:53 am

The Bludger#2 wrote:

SOS, same dominant half in a team that's improved and gives you $100k ITB to spend elsewhere.
    Beer

What if the Dragons have improved more than the Dolphins? I mean... it's possible.
    mattnz
    Fanatic

Post by mattnz Thu Mar 07, 2024 8:57 am

rhinoceroo wrote:

Is Tup confirmed injured? Last public info I saw was he's going for a precautionary groin scan that NRL Physio described as "not sounding like a major issue at this stage."

Will see, him or Piakura could be out.
    The Pascoe Fiasco
    The Pascoe Fiasco

Post by The Pascoe Fiasco Thu Mar 07, 2024 8:58 am

rhinoceroo wrote:

All the podcasts were assuming that Weekes was going to be the Raiders 6, despite Strange looking several times better. They didn't have inside knowledge on this, they were just wrapped up in their own "narratives". With the exception that TK from Talking League clearly has some sort of inside track into Cronulla, they don't know any more than the average punter on here.

Doesn't mean they can't be entertaining to listen to, or give you some ideas you might not have had before, but in terms of knowing about team selections or guessing minutes, you might as well roll a dice.
    Some podcasters commented that Strange played far better in the trials but usually grouped Weekes and Strange together as who understands Ricky’s logic. The general consensus was always pick the one that is named! Others assumed Weekes would start in 5/8 as he played both trials in 5/8. All fair assumptions.
    the_great_wobbler
    the_great_wobbler

Post by the_great_wobbler Thu Mar 07, 2024 9:00 am

Mulvy wrote:

NRL Fantasy 2024 Part 9 - I can't even restart my whole team anymore - Page 13 Je7tHX

Hahahahah....Quiet!!

You don't have an opinion? Try saves should just be removed as a stat imo, but that one is bollocks and I challenge you to disagree instead of just making a sarcastic post about it!

They're just so inconsistent. I know he didn't complete a tackle but Ilias getting just a missed tackle for his effort on Saab winds me up as well.
    The Pascoe Fiasco
    The Pascoe Fiasco

Post by The Pascoe Fiasco Thu Mar 07, 2024 9:17 am

King Assassin wrote:Trying to decide if im better off going with Robson to start the year over Grant. I was looking at Grant and was probably going to trade him out in round 13. So I did a little investigating. If Grant avgs 60 while playing 11 of the first 13 games he will score 660 points. Where as Robson is 128k cheaper, if he avgs 50 while playing all of the first 13 games, that's 650 points. Obviously whoever i'd replace grant with during those 2 bye games is important for the calculation too, as well as what I use the extra 100k for (for me its the difference between starting with Hutcho and Fog).

Just somethign for you Grant owners to think about.
    I think it will be close regardless, but it’s even more complicated as you haven’t accounted for the 128k. Unless you banked it (I assume you didn’t). If you upgraded someone with that money then that extra score needs to be included too. Also, because someone got Grant it means they had to go lower somewhere else in their team and that amount needs to be considered. These one to one comparisons are usually 2:2 or 3:3 unless the two players are of a similar price and position.
    Holzman
    Holzman

Post by Holzman Thu Mar 07, 2024 9:20 am

Been really struggling with the last 2 spots

got

Smith
    Murray, Cotter, Tupionua
    Wong, Piakura
    Cleary, Hutchison
    Kiraz, Burbo
    Pappy, Rapana, Kini

Grant, Luki, Salmon, XXXXX
    Chan, Hughes, Strange, XXXXX

$1.019m to spend which is a real akward amount.

Fogarty + Levi + 96k
    Fogarty + Flanangan + 33k
    Moses + Galvin id be happy with but im 3k short of it, could be achieved by Kini to Cotric
    Ponga + Galvin/Cotric but if going ponga then probably to strong in the outside backs and need to move out others

any thoughts?

im finding it a akward amount of cash where i have 100k too much or 100k too little to do what i want.
    Loomer
    Loomer
    Fanatic

Post by Loomer Thu Mar 07, 2024 9:25 am

Just rejigged team without Chan. Even if starts this week his job security gives me the shits
    Clack Bocks
    Clack Bocks

Post by Clack Bocks Thu Mar 07, 2024 9:26 am

The Pascoe Fiasco wrote:
    I think it will be close regardless, but it’s even more complicated as you haven’t accounted for the 128k. Unless you banked it (I assume you didn’t). If you upgraded someone with that money then that extra score needs to be included too. Also, because someone got Grant it means they had to go lower somewhere else in their team and that amount needs to be considered. These one to one comparisons are usually 2:2 or 3:3 unless the two players are of a similar price and position.

I don't know if i'm capable of thinking that far ahead. I just went with the idea I'd want one obvious captain (cleary) two back ups (haas and grant) Then just made sure I had all positions covered.

Means my team looks nauseating but I'll reassess next week and trade my way to glory

for what it's worth my team is

Grant
    Hass Salmon Stilit
    Pia wong
    Cleary hutch
    cobbo burbo
    papy RTS kini

levi luki hughes boyd strange bostock chan flanno
    Aardvark
    Aardvark

Post by Aardvark Thu Mar 07, 2024 9:27 am

Really disappointed with some of the lopsided thumbs up thumbs down poll results......symmetry is king posters, remember that!!
    StormTrooper96
    StormTrooper96

Post by StormTrooper96 Thu Mar 07, 2024 9:28 am

Had some more thoughts re: the Elliot V Cotter some are having. Crossland was a huge part of the Knights success last year. Next week when Brailey is back assume Crossland goes back to the bench; however, I think he is too good a player for them to only be coming on to play hooker for 20ish minutes. I would not be surprised at all to see him spend 20-30 minutes in the middle also to spell Elliot, potentially only giving him about 50-55 minutes and then could see a big minutes watch on Elliot if Knights are going well and they don’t have the chance to bring him back on. Now he could still get through a mountain of work in that time but my gut tells me for a bit more cash you get cotter who should be seeing around 60 minutes every week.

TL;DR I didn’t explain it well and who cares what I say
    Weiland
    Weiland

Post by Weiland Thu Mar 07, 2024 9:29 am

I am kind of obsessed with trying to fit Ponga into my team. I can do it swapping Grant to Egan and Rapana to Ponga but it just feels too much of a risk.
    OB
    OB

Post by OB Thu Mar 07, 2024 9:35 am

@Milchcow @L-Jimmy

Absolutely agree with what you're both saying regarding research. I probably wasn't as nuanced as I would have liked - was in the bathroom 5 minutes from starting work. Research to me is in large part aggregating opinions of others and weighting said opinions based on their track record and whether I think their thought process is sound. I guess my point was that to be a top player - and that is my eventual goal - you can't take any single person's opinion as the correct course to take.

I want to say more, but can't really right now as I'm working.
    The Dolphin Conspiracies
    The Dolphin Conspiracies

Post by The Dolphin Conspiracies Thu Mar 07, 2024 9:36 am

Aardvark wrote:Really disappointed with some of the lopsided thumbs up thumbs down poll results......symmetry is king posters, remember that!!

i gave you a thumbs up to balance the thumbs down
    L-Jimmy
    L-Jimmy

Post by L-Jimmy Thu Mar 07, 2024 9:38 am

OB wrote:@Milchcow @L-Jimmy

Absolutely agree with what you're both saying regarding research. I probably wasn't as nuanced as I would have liked - was in the bathroom 5 minutes from starting work. Research to me is in large part aggregating opinions of others and weighting said opinions based on their track record and whether I think their thought process is sound. I guess my point was that to be a top player - and that is my eventual goal - you can't take any single person's opinion as the correct course to take.

I want to say more, but can't really right now as I'm working.

I totally get that mate, and really wasn't trying to have a shot at you! You always come across as a sensible and World reasoned and valuable poster.

I was just working early by the kids and grumpy. And I saw a phrase I really bloody hate.

Sorry for throwing shade mate.
    BCT05
    BCT05

Post by BCT05 Thu Mar 07, 2024 9:38 am

Camo123 wrote:

If you’re bringing in Api this week it’s probably because you’ve got a big score at 18

Also in all likelihood, when comparing a player with byes vs no byes, you’re going to have a replacement player around 20-30 (being pessimistic) in your EMG for the player on bye

Yeahhh I totally have a big score at 18, not at all like I have to play a likely dud cheapie if I stick with Api

Spoiler:

Current date/time is Fri Sep 20, 2024 7:35 am