NRL Fantasy Fanatics

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

NRL Fantasy Fanatics

NRL Fantasy Fanatics - A place for discussion of NRL Fantasy / Virtual Sports / Super Coach and other Fantasy Sports

NRL Fantasy 2024 Part 9 - I can't even restart my whole team anymore

mattnz
    Fanatic

NRL Fantasy 2024 Part 9 - I can't even restart my whole team anymore - Page 15 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2024 Part 9 - I can't even restart my whole team anymore

Post by mattnz Thu Mar 07, 2024 11:15 am

Loomer wrote:Hurts letting Kiraz go but change to:

Niu Tuaupiki Hutch feels more secure than

Kiraz (Kris) Chan

This is based on rumour CNK several weeks away and Tuaupiki could be straight swap to Kris probably

Niu's scores at CTR are encouraging. 36 average with a low of 28 in 7 games.
    The Pascoe Fiasco
    The Pascoe Fiasco

NRL Fantasy 2024 Part 9 - I can't even restart my whole team anymore - Page 15 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2024 Part 9 - I can't even restart my whole team anymore

Post by The Pascoe Fiasco Thu Mar 07, 2024 11:16 am

Loomer wrote:

Do you think Api still mostly 80 min HOK and will Galvin get 14 for utility value?
    It is impossible to know this far out from TLT 2. I have Galvin in my side currently on the assumption that even if he isn’t at 6 or 14 next week it is simply a matter of time before he is. The 80 minute HOK days seem to be running out. Api will need to play big minutes, but not necessarily 80 mins from round 2, so he is a good choice. Galvin is a bit of a gamble but cheap enough for it to probably not really matter that much.
    The Dolphin Conspiracies
    The Dolphin Conspiracies

Post by The Dolphin Conspiracies Thu Mar 07, 2024 11:18 am

i've decided to take a risk on Lussick...

I believe that if Grieg had been fit this week, he would be in the team over Hands. I would imagine that Hands is mostly in the team to cover backs and may spell Lussick for a bit, but the intention of BA is still to have an 80-minute HOK. Over the season this will be a smart choice i reckon...

I am also going soft on Smithies... His super league stats suggest he will need big minutes to achieve his break even and there are cheaper mids and edges that are likely to score just as well
    StormTrooper96
    StormTrooper96

Post by StormTrooper96 Thu Mar 07, 2024 11:21 am

The Dolphin Conspiracies wrote:i've decided to take a risk on Lussick...

I believe that if Grieg had been fit this week, he would be in the team over Hands. I would imagine that Hands is mostly in the team to cover backs and may spell Lussick for a bit, but the intention of BA is still to have an 80-minute HOK. Over the season this will be a smart choice i reckon...

I am also going soft on Smithies... His super league stats suggest he will need big minutes to achieve his break even and there are cheaper mids and edges that are likely to score just as well

I just have vivid memories of Bateman going wild and thinking oh beginners luck he can’t sustain it… and he did and I ended up forking out 800K for him. Not every Englishmen can be Bateman, but I don’t wanna miss out this time.
    The Pascoe Fiasco
    The Pascoe Fiasco

Post by The Pascoe Fiasco Thu Mar 07, 2024 11:23 am

For anyone considering Api please consider this. He is a fine choice -big minutes, extremely talented, GK etc. However, are you aware that for 52k you can get Robson -he probably plays in a much better side, is also a big minute guy, and will play at least 2 games more prior to Rd 14. You’re welcome!
    The Pascoe Fiasco
    The Pascoe Fiasco

Post by The Pascoe Fiasco Thu Mar 07, 2024 11:24 am

StormTrooper96 wrote:

I just have vivid memories of Bateman going wild and thinking oh beginners luck he can’t sustain it… and he did and I ended up forking out 800K for him. Not every Englishmen can be Bateman, but I don’t wanna miss out this time.
    This is the big reason Fantasy is better than Supercoach. In Supercoach you simply pick Robson and watch Lussick for a couple of weeks. If he fires or goes close to Robson’s score you can jump on before the first price rise! As far as starting with Lussick (who doesn’t have a great PPM) that would be like putting your balls in BA’s hands. Yoou’re more brave than I sir!

Last edited by The Pascoe Fiasco on Thu Mar 07, 2024 11:31 am; edited 1 time in total
    The Dolphin Conspiracies
    The Dolphin Conspiracies

Post by The Dolphin Conspiracies Thu Mar 07, 2024 11:24 am

The Pascoe Fiasco wrote:For anyone considering Api please consider this. He is a fine choice -big minutes, extremely talented, GK etc. However, are you aware that for 52k you can get Robson -he probably plays in a much better side, is also a big minute guy, and will play at least 2 games more prior to Rd 14. You’re welcome!

are you talking 2023 robson or 2022 robson

miles apart
    BCT05
    BCT05

Post by BCT05 Thu Mar 07, 2024 11:24 am

Just sticking with Lussick has been on my mind as well. If Hands does stay around then maybe he plays 50-55mins and maintains his current price but he could get 65+ and/or Hands could be gone next week. It's probably an unnecessary risk though, if that does occur there will no doubt be multiple failed mid-ranger's in my team to trade to him.
    rhinoceroo
    rhinoceroo
    Fanatic

Post by rhinoceroo Thu Mar 07, 2024 11:26 am

Milchcow wrote:

"Go with your gut" is the phrase commonly used on here which perhaps better encapsulates the intended meaning.

"Do your own research" these days is often associated with anti-vaxx cookers who by 'research' mean watching some random youtube video talking about how Taylor Swift is a transgender woman secretly planted by the government with the end goal of having everyone eat processed bugs for a living whilst the deep state sacrifice babies in satanic rituals to power their space lasers

Taylor Swift has done what?
    lukeayee
    lukeayee

Post by lukeayee Thu Mar 07, 2024 11:26 am

my tv broke wrote:

Herbie has played 79 NRL games and is yet to pass the ball to his winger.

I know that 70% of stats are made up, but I'm inclined to believe this is in the 30%.
    mattnz
    Fanatic

Post by mattnz Thu Mar 07, 2024 11:27 am

I am liking this take. Have been looking for the right player in this price range and it looks like a minimal downside, potential for high upside play. If he gets 65-70 minutes in round 1, you are pleased to have him, but if Hands is on the bench again next week, others may still not buy him.
    StormTrooper96
    StormTrooper96

Post by StormTrooper96 Thu Mar 07, 2024 11:27 am

Not minding this Tesi Niu pick. Good shout. Average of 36.6 at centre, with a low of 28 and only 1 try across 7 games. Did he get in over Te Whare or is he still not match fit?
    White Lightning
    White Lightning
    Fanatic

Post by White Lightning Thu Mar 07, 2024 11:27 am

Weiland wrote:I am kind of obsessed with trying to fit Ponga into my team. I can do it swapping Grant to Egan and Rapana to Ponga but it just feels too much of a risk.

so it's (a) egan & ponga vs (b) grant & rapana...the fact egan is injury prone, likes a concussion & the fact every tackle he makes you're always worrying how he is points me towards option (b)
    StormTrooper96
    StormTrooper96

Post by StormTrooper96 Thu Mar 07, 2024 11:30 am

Great thing about tonight’s game is that the Raiders play, so we don’t have to sit here wondering how many to put in the team for the rest of the week
    mattnz
    Fanatic

Post by mattnz Thu Mar 07, 2024 11:31 am

StormTrooper96 wrote:Not minding this Tesi Niu pick. Good shout. Average of 36.6 at centre, with a low of 28 and only 1 try across 7 games. Did he get in over Te Whare or is he still not match fit?

I expect his competition is Averillo
    Chewie
    Chewie
    Fanatic

Post by Chewie Thu Mar 07, 2024 11:31 am

Honeysett wrote:

Are you a Knights fan, Chewie?

A little, by osmosis, I live and work in and around Newcastle atm, but am a Eels supporter
    One of my former workmates was good mates with Randall, and played footy with TPJ and the Mata'utia brothers
    And my GP is the Knight's team doctor, so there's a bit of a connection
    mattnz
    Fanatic

Post by mattnz Thu Mar 07, 2024 11:32 am

White Lightning wrote:

so it's (a) egan & ponga vs (b) grant & rapana...the fact egan is injury prone, likes a concussion & the fact every tackle he makes you're always worrying how he is points me towards option (b)

Add Ponga HIA risk to that equation
    Chewie
    Chewie
    Fanatic

Post by Chewie Thu Mar 07, 2024 11:34 am

Milchcow wrote:

"Go with your gut" is the phrase commonly used on here which perhaps better encapsulates the intended meaning.

"Do your own research" these days is often associated with anti-vaxx cookers who by 'research' mean watching some random youtube video talking about how Taylor Swift is a transgender woman secretly planted by the government with the end goal of having everyone eat processed bugs for a living whilst the deep state sacrifice babies in satanic rituals to power their space lasers

Also Michael Jackson is still alive and the earth is flat
    Finch
    Finch

Post by Finch Thu Mar 07, 2024 11:37 am

I really like Egan, just can't pick him simply of of HIA

He might start the season guns blazing averaging 55, but it's the HIA that kills you, along with Lussick being on the bench anyway
    The Dolphin Conspiracies
    The Dolphin Conspiracies

Post by The Dolphin Conspiracies Thu Mar 07, 2024 11:38 am

is mcintyre any value if he is in the cowboys MID rotation. I cannot imagine finefucker will get many minutes on edge - so he would have to have 30-40 minutes pretty much guaranteed

Current date/time is Thu Sep 19, 2024 11:29 am