NRL Fantasy Fanatics

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

NRL Fantasy Fanatics

NRL Fantasy Fanatics - A place for discussion of NRL Fantasy / Virtual Sports / Super Coach and other Fantasy Sports

NRL Fantasy 2024 Part 9 - I can't even restart my whole team anymore

mattnz
    Fanatic

NRL Fantasy 2024 Part 9 - I can't even restart my whole team anymore - Page 16 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2024 Part 9 - I can't even restart my whole team anymore

Post by mattnz Thu Mar 07, 2024 11:41 am

The Dolphin Conspiracies wrote:is mcintyre any value if he is in the cowboys MID rotation. I cannot imagine finefucker will get many minutes on edge - so he would have to have 30-40 minutes pretty much guaranteed

Sounds like he will be a ball playing lock. Your best hope is that Cotter moves to prop and he gets decent minutes.

Would be good for Lolo if he only plays prop too.
    Aardvark
    Aardvark

NRL Fantasy 2024 Part 9 - I can't even restart my whole team anymore - Page 16 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2024 Part 9 - I can't even restart my whole team anymore

Post by Aardvark Thu Mar 07, 2024 11:41 am

Just on picking players up players with an early bye (Tigers, Titans, Dolphins, Storm).

My notes:

- We are all going to be heading into this round with a bunch of players who's role or security is uncertain (Parra Hookers, Levi, Cotric, Kini, Chan, Salmon, Smithies etc etc)
    - Picking a Tiger like Api is probably alright as he is nailed on for a start round 2 and all of the other players in your round 1 team are green dots. Someone like Galvin is not nailed on.
    - Picking up too many guys from the other three teams, combined with a few marginal cashies and the inevitable fails/injuries is high risk
    - Most of us will be using trades in the first couple of weeks anyway as player roles and security becomes clearer and if you have have too many 'welded in' fires to put out you could find yourself scrambling to field 17

Basically don't load up on early bye players, you'll have enough problems to sort out

The Dolphin Conspiracies
    The Dolphin Conspiracies

Post by The Dolphin Conspiracies Thu Mar 07, 2024 11:42 am

The Pascoe Fiasco wrote:
    This is the big reason Fantasy is better than Supercoach. In Supercoach you simply pick Robson and watch Lussick for a couple of weeks. If he fires or goes close to Robson’s score you can jump on before the first price rise! As far as starting with Lussick (who doesn’t have a great PPM) that would be like putting your balls in BA’s hands. Yoou’re more brave than I sir!

BA's HANDS all over my balls if i pick LUSSICK - don't mind if i do
    The Dolphin Conspiracies
    The Dolphin Conspiracies

Post by The Dolphin Conspiracies Thu Mar 07, 2024 11:43 am

mattnz wrote:

Sounds like he will be a ball playing lock. Your best hope is that Cotter moves to prop and he gets decent minutes.

Would be good for Lolo if he only plays prop too.

why do you think he will be a ball-playing LOCK? mcintyre is a prop but fantasy thinks he is an edge

Last edited by The Dolphin Conspiracies on Thu Mar 07, 2024 11:47 am; edited 1 time in total
    OB
    OB

Post by OB Thu Mar 07, 2024 11:46 am

Milchcow wrote:

"Go with your gut" is the phrase commonly used on here which perhaps better encapsulates the intended meaning.

"Do your own research" these days is often associated with anti-vaxx cookers who by 'research' mean watching some random youtube video talking about how Taylor Swift is a transgender woman secretly planted by the government with the end goal of having everyone eat processed bugs for a living whilst the deep state sacrifice babies in satanic rituals to power their space lasers

I didn't make that association. I was more on the track of say not just running out and buying a Noctua CPU cooler solely because Linus Tech Tips recommends them, but recognising that there may be biases there and looking around for different takes from a range of sources.
    mattnz
    Fanatic

Post by mattnz Thu Mar 07, 2024 11:48 am

The Dolphin Conspiracies wrote:

why do you think he will be a ball-playing LOCK?

https://www.nrl.com/news/2024/03/06/payten-chats-round-1-selections/

"...ball playing in the middle, got the mix right between passing and running".
    Bethany_B
    Bethany_B

Post by Bethany_B Thu Mar 07, 2024 11:48 am

Aardvark wrote:Just on picking players up players with an early bye (Tigers, Titans, Dolphins, Storm).

My notes:

- We are all going to be heading into this round with a bunch of players who's role or security is uncertain (Parra Hookers, Levi, Cotric, Kini, Chan, Salmon, Smithies etc etc)
    - Picking a Tiger like Api is probably alright as he is nailed on for a start round 2 and all of the other players in your round 1 team are green dots. Someone like Galvin is not nailed on.
    - Picking up too many guys from the other three teams, combined with a few marginal cashies and the inevitable fails/injuries is high risk
    - Most of us will be using trades in the first couple of weeks anyway as player roles and security becomes clearer and if you have have too many 'welded in' fires to put out you could find yourself scrambling to field 17

Basically don't load up on early bye players, you'll have enough problems to sort out

Well said. In my team, there's only 4 players who have early byes (Kini round 2, Bostock round 3, Papy and Chan round 4)
    Milchcow
    Milchcow

Post by Milchcow Thu Mar 07, 2024 11:49 am

StormTrooper96 wrote:Great thing about tonight’s game is that the Raiders play, so we don’t have to sit here wondering how many to put in the team for the rest of the week

What will tomorrow's forum theme be

Damn, I knew I had too many Raiders

or

How do I tear my team apart to fit more Raiders in?
    my tv broke
    my tv broke
    Fanatics Immortal

Post by my tv broke Thu Mar 07, 2024 11:50 am

Aardvark wrote:

MTBS Round 3 TLT news

-Campbell starts fullback, kini bench
    -Schuster named to start, Burbo bench.
    -Smithies moves to the bench, HorsBRAH starts at lock
    -Niu red dot bye.
    -Woolford into the starting side. Levi NSW CUP
    -NAS starts, Chan bench.
    -Curran lock. Salmon bench.
    -Kiraz is fucking injured again
    -Cotric dropped. Hoppa wing.
    -V Fifita misses the 17
    -J Gagai out of the team.
    -CNK returns, Tuapiki back to CUP
    -SITILI will miss another week.
    -HUTCH dropped
    -Strange averaging 21.
    -Carty looking for a hattrick of banners
    Milchcow
    Milchcow

Post by Milchcow Thu Mar 07, 2024 11:51 am

OB wrote:
    Milchcow wrote:

"Go with your gut" is the phrase commonly used on here which perhaps better encapsulates the intended meaning.

"Do your own research" these days is often associated with anti-vaxx cookers who by 'research' mean watching some random youtube video talking about how Taylor Swift is a transgender woman secretly planted by the government with the end goal of having everyone eat processed bugs for a living whilst the deep state sacrifice babies in satanic rituals to power their space lasers

I didn't make that association. I was more on the track of say not just running out and buying a Noctua CPU cooler solely because Linus Tech Tips recommends them, but recognising that there may be biases there and looking around for different takes from a range of sources.

That last post wasn't directed at you at all, just more a general rant about internet nutjobs

And like L-Jimmy, please don't take my earlier posts as criticism of you. I really enjoy your posts and the perspective you bring.
    Chewie
    Chewie
    Fanatic

Post by Chewie Thu Mar 07, 2024 11:52 am

my tv broke wrote:

MTBS Round 3 TLT news

-Niu red dot bye.
    -NAS starts, Chan bench.
    -V Fifita misses the 17
    -HUTCH dropped
    -Strange averaging 21.

Carnage starting early this season Shocked
    Milchcow
    Milchcow

Post by Milchcow Thu Mar 07, 2024 11:52 am

my tv broke wrote:

MTBS Round 3 TLT news

-Niu red dot bye.
    -NAS starts, Chan bench.
    -V Fifita misses the 17
    -HUTCH dropped
    -Strange averaging 21.

That's just basically Camo's 2023 season isn't it?

Rabbits21
    Rabbits21
    Fanatic

Post by Rabbits21 Thu Mar 07, 2024 11:52 am

The Pascoe Fiasco wrote:
    In the time that Api has two buys Robson has 0. How many more points do you think Api outscores Robson by per week to justify that option? It would need to be at least 10 I’m guessing.
    You are selling Api after round 12 mate so you get 11 games out of him. I’m trying to decide still whether Api and a keeper centre is worth it or do I still go with Grant and Kris who I’m a bit nervous on
    mattnz
    Fanatic

Post by mattnz Thu Mar 07, 2024 11:52 am

NRL Fantasy 2024 Part 9 - I can't even restart my whole team anymore - Page 16 Giphy

my tv broke wrote:

MTBS Round 3 TLT news

-Niu red dot bye.
    -NAS starts, Chan bench.
    -V Fifita misses the 17
    -HUTCH dropped
    -Strange averaging 21.
    mattnz
    Fanatic

Post by mattnz Thu Mar 07, 2024 11:54 am

Milchcow wrote:

What will tomorrow's forum theme be

Damn, I knew I had too many Raiders

or

How do I tear my team apart to fit more Raiders in?

Much more likely too many than too few. Not sure how but I have managed to cull down to just 4 Raiders. Feeling happier about life.
    The Dolphin Conspiracies
    The Dolphin Conspiracies

Post by The Dolphin Conspiracies Thu Mar 07, 2024 11:54 am

mattnz wrote:

https://www.nrl.com/news/2024/03/06/payten-chats-round-1-selections/

"...ball playing in the middle, got the mix right between passing and running".

ball-playing in the middle could be at prop - Granville and Finefucker are likely to play big minutes. mclean does not play big minutes... lolo has not played big minutes in a long time

seems like McIntyre is where the value is in the cowboys pack
    The Pascoe Fiasco
    The Pascoe Fiasco

Post by The Pascoe Fiasco Thu Mar 07, 2024 11:55 am

The Dolphin Conspiracies wrote:

are you talking 2023 robson or 2022 robson

miles apart
    As his season hasn’t started yet I have no idea. He started last season really well. After Origin he became a lemming. If our highly educated friend is reading I am well aware you can’t become a lemming and that lemmings don’t actually jump off cliffs in mass numbers).
    Milchcow
    Milchcow

Post by Milchcow Thu Mar 07, 2024 11:55 am

Rabbits21 wrote:
    You are selling Api after round 12 mate so you get 11 games out of him. I’m trying to decide still whether Api and a keeper centre is worth it or do I still go with Grant and Kris who I’m a bit nervous on

Prediction time, who will actually be NSW hooker(s) this year?

Cook get his spot back. Api and/or Robson. someone else altogether?

If Api doesn't play origin, and indeed his goal kicking with big minutes, then he is great to hold as a keeper all through byes (and beyond)
    OB
    OB

Post by OB Thu Mar 07, 2024 11:55 am

Milchcow wrote:

That last post wasn't directed at you at all, just more a general rant about internet nutjobs

And like L-Jimmy, please don't take my earlier posts as criticism of you. I really enjoy your posts and the perspective you bring.

I realise that, and like I said to Jimmy I didn't take it that way at all.
    my tv broke
    my tv broke
    Fanatics Immortal

Post by my tv broke Thu Mar 07, 2024 11:55 am

The Dolphin Conspiracies wrote:seems like McIntyre is where the value is in the cowboys pack

80 min hooker and four forward bench, who the fuck knows how payten will rotate them.

Last edited by my tv broke on Thu Mar 07, 2024 11:56 am; edited 1 time in total

Current date/time is Tue Sep 17, 2024 5:56 am