NRL Fantasy Fanatics

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

NRL Fantasy Fanatics

NRL Fantasy Fanatics - A place for discussion of NRL Fantasy / Virtual Sports / Super Coach and other Fantasy Sports

NRL Fantasy 2024 Part 9 - I can't even restart my whole team anymore

Revraiser
    Revraiser
    Fanatic

NRL Fantasy 2024 Part 9 - I can't even restart my whole team anymore - Page 20 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2024 Part 9 - I can't even restart my whole team anymore

Post by Revraiser Thu Mar 07, 2024 12:29 pm

mattnz wrote:

Not concerned. Got CTR dual was the key. When not injured, scores well on the wing.

In his interview recently, he said his preferred position was fullback. Maybe he moves there for Taaffe?

Yeh Taafe be gone soon
    Lemmy KGB
    Lemmy KGB

NRL Fantasy 2024 Part 9 - I can't even restart my whole team anymore - Page 20 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2024 Part 9 - I can't even restart my whole team anymore

Post by Lemmy KGB Thu Mar 07, 2024 12:33 pm

Game on tonight guys. Panic!!

EDIT: Pretty sure Rapana's gunna get a 70
    Lchy
    Lchy

Post by Lchy Thu Mar 07, 2024 12:36 pm

Rabbits21 wrote:https://www.roosters.com.au/news/2024/03/07/club-statement-spencer-leniu/?fbclid=IwAR026UxvHdGWK4NatBQS2ORmXraZNwYGcji0c-9zIJgPV7ga12HKESgQTu0_aem_AZnZ0DQj01ZTDPiU_xmsy71K7GsJEXi86ddEDIDPPpyckgbF-tapF7RHrb1dvuc5m4E

Pleads guilty Spencer

Inclusivity of people from all cultures and backgrounds is a key and valued principle of the Sydney Roosters.

That's an odd way to say your captain racially abused a member of the public, using the wrong racial stereotype at that, got caught, tried to cover it up, finally admitted it happened but it wasn't his go, then proclaimed he was a role model because he admitted to doing nothing wrong even though he did something wrong
    GreenSchist
    GreenSchist

Post by GreenSchist Thu Mar 07, 2024 12:36 pm

Snatchpato wrote:

You know what, fuck it I'm getting both.

Only leaves me with $11k which bothers me, but not as much as leaving either out.

NRL Fantasy 2024 Part 9 - I can't even restart my whole team anymore - Page 20 Giphy

I'm currently trying to fit in both Hopgood and McInnes but it usually comes at the expense of both Ponga and Smithies.
    As a result, Hopgood is likely the one I leave out, as I think the other three have more upside in the short term.

If Hopgood is getting the minutes, then I'll try bring him in sooner rather than later.
    Grouse
    Grouse

Post by Grouse Thu Mar 07, 2024 12:37 pm

Rabbits21 wrote:
    Thanks mate I’m trying to think clearly through my panic that’s just started building.

Just not sure I can trust the Raiders no offence to you. So many moving parts there.
    Haha no offence taken! Ricky has an exciting challenge on his hands at the moment. Some of the best young talent in the comp. Going to be some tough lessons learned this year but hopefully in the long run it will be beneficial. Really hope Ricky gives guys like Savage, Strange, Mooeny, Mariota & Peru and extended run in the team this year. As well as bleed some guys like Chevy etc. Will be an interesting year but quietly confident for tonight for some reason. Bring on year of footy!

P.s love your RTS pick. In the same boat and hopeful he’ll start with a bang!
    ForanAgainst
    ForanAgainst

Post by ForanAgainst Thu Mar 07, 2024 12:39 pm

Snatchpato wrote:Also going cold on Hopgood and Warming to McInnes

I know the argument is that McInnes is not value if Finucane is in the team based on the following:

With Finucane: 45 in 49 mins
    Without Finucane: 58 in 60

but in those games with Finucane, he only played starting Lock 4 times for 53 in 56 mins.

Considering he's priced at 51, he's priced at his floor.

Also consider that Finucane is 33 this year, McInnes only 30. McInnes has been given captaincy (so they see him as a leader/future of the club).

Edit: If you prefer more generalised stats, since joining the Sharks in 2022, McInnes has averaged 58 in 59 minutes as a starting lock.

Cam Mac came into my team last night. That was once I decided I wasn’t getting iffy over Fogs and Smithies.

To summarise:

Much like a lot of other players in my team, McInnes is priced at his floor, with big potential upside. If Finucane is on the outer, or plays fewer minutes in general as he ages, McInnes will get an even bigger role. We all know what McInnes can do with big minutes, and so the upside is clear.

Thank you for coming to my ted talk, and welcome to the team Cameron.
    The Dolphin Conspiracies
    The Dolphin Conspiracies

Post by The Dolphin Conspiracies Thu Mar 07, 2024 12:43 pm

Loomer wrote:

Flanagan as per my post above now I'm thinking Levi could play 30 mins at the start and Starling plays the rest

i see what you mean loomer - at the start of last season levi played to woolford role of playing less than the first half before starling came on to take over - although there were times that levi and starling were both on the field in the first half

also in the trails flanaGUN was doing a decent amount of long kicking with hunt

Last edited by The Dolphin Conspiracies on Thu Mar 07, 2024 12:47 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Rabbits21
    Rabbits21
    Fanatic

Post by Rabbits21 Thu Mar 07, 2024 12:44 pm

Grouse wrote:
    Haha no offence taken! Ricky has an exciting challenge on his hands at the moment. Some of the best young talent in the comp. Going to be some tough lessons learned this year but hopefully in the long run it will be beneficial. Really hope Ricky gives guys like Savage, Strange, Mooeny, Mariota & Peru and extended run in the team this year. As well as bleed some guys like Chevy etc. Will be an interesting year but quietly confident for tonight for some reason. Bring on year of footy!

P.s love your RTS pick. In the same boat and hopeful he’ll start with a bang!
    Good luck mate I don’t have RTS.

What do you think he will avg?

Last edited by Rabbits21 on Thu Mar 07, 2024 12:49 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Shady2K
    Shady2K

Post by Shady2K Thu Mar 07, 2024 12:45 pm

GreenSchist wrote:

I'm currently trying to fit in both Hopgood and McInnes but it usually comes at the expense of both Ponga and Smithies.
    As a result, Hopgood is likely the one I leave out, as I think the other three have more upside in the short term.

If Hopgood is getting the minutes, then I'll try bring him in sooner rather than later.

I went McInnes over Hopgood too. As it’s been said he’s priced at his floor, Hopgood should stay around where he is so he won’t get away from you. Will almost certainly be a top 2 EDG though but early season is value priority
    Cookie Monster
    Cookie Monster

Post by Cookie Monster Thu Mar 07, 2024 12:47 pm

Entries for Fantasy Fantasy are due to close tonight

If you want to take part, the details can be found at the link below

https://www.nrlfantasyfanatics.com/t2357-fantasy-fantasy-2024#746065

Cheers
    Aardvark
    Aardvark

Post by Aardvark Thu Mar 07, 2024 12:49 pm

Hey @Rabbits21, try taking all of the ‘wild scenario that may or may not happen’ out of your thinking. You can pretty much take any imagined scenario into your rationale for selecting or not selecting a player and choose to worry/panic about it but it won’t help you get a better team.

Work with the information you have and just for reference I don’t think anyone on here has a functioning crystal ball (could be mistaken though) and we’re all just fucking around on the fringes at this stage.
    The Bludger#2
    The Bludger#2

Post by The Bludger#2 Thu Mar 07, 2024 12:49 pm

The Dolphin Conspiracies wrote:

are you talking 2023 robson or 2022 robson

miles apart

I went with 2023 Robson ... all year until Origin.
    Still hurts.
    FaringdonSwirl
    FaringdonSwirl

Post by FaringdonSwirl Thu Mar 07, 2024 12:50 pm

Aardvark wrote:Really disappointed with some of the lopsided thumbs up thumbs down poll results......symmetry is king posters, remember that!!

I'm doing my best!
    StormTrooper96
    StormTrooper96

Post by StormTrooper96 Thu Mar 07, 2024 12:54 pm

Prediction - Strange just runs the fuck out of the ball tonight, bends the line and the Raiders have a close game. Strange will get 38 and be sitting nicely in my centre coverless team next to Burbo.
    Loomer
    Loomer
    Fanatic

Post by Loomer Thu Mar 07, 2024 12:56 pm

Is BBrailey one of best 80 min hookers sub 650k that I can plug into my team until I figure out what to do post Rd4 when Grant has had his bye?

I'm considering no backup so Api not option for Rd 1
    Shady2K
    Shady2K

Post by Shady2K Thu Mar 07, 2024 1:00 pm

Seems like I’m skipping the below players. Understand why some would be keen but from my pov they each have their own risks. Not bad choices though. If we had bigger squads I’d probably take them

Hosking - proven EDG scorer but Whitehead could return in 3 weeks. Few things happening then like Kini maybe out and Storm bye, so don’t need to add to the pile. Whitehead is their captain, he likely takes back the EDG spot

Luki / Cotter - think we’re overestimating the Cowboys ‘resurgence’. 2022 was a career year for almost their entire squad. 2023 is probably a return to norm. 4 foreard bench doesn’t bode well either. Luki has a high ceiling but if he gets subbed as predicted then it’ll just be a frustrating watch. Not allergic to a 20 in 80 minutes either

Kiraz - very low sample size at CTR but if 47 average then only 90k ish underpriced. Shuffling chairs at the Dogs too, plus shit team, etc. but his DPP is appealing. More watch and see than anything else as price won’t get away in a hurry

Moses - last year was arguably his career year and still averaged under 60 after taking out injured games. Likely at his peak or close to it in price, and not a locked in top 3 HLF, and might play origin
    Rabbits21
    Rabbits21
    Fanatic

Post by Rabbits21 Thu Mar 07, 2024 1:02 pm

Shady2K wrote:Seems like I’m skipping the below players. Understand why some would be keen but from my pov they each have their own risks. Not bad choices though. If we had bigger squads I’d probably take them

Hosking - proven EDG scorer but Whitehead could return in 3 weeks. Few things happening then like Kini maybe out and Storm bye, so don’t need to add to the pile. Whitehead is their captain, he likely takes back the EDG spot

Luki / Cotter - think we’re overestimating the Cowboys ‘resurgence’. 2022 was a career year for almost their entire squad. 2023 is probably a return to norm. 4 foreard bench doesn’t bode well either. Luki has a high ceiling but if he gets subbed as predicted then it’ll just be a frustrating watch. Not allergic to a 20 in 80 minutes either

Kiraz - very low sample size at CTR but if 47 average then only 90k ish underpriced. Shuffling chairs at the Dogs too, plus shit team, etc. but his DPP is appealing. More watch and see than anything else as price won’t get away in a hurry

Moses - last year was arguably his career year and still averaged under 60 after taking out injured games. Likely at his peak or close to it in price, and not a locked in top 3 HLF, and might play origin
    On Kiraz you probs would be better spending the 60k aye and going up to RTS if you want the DPP and better job secruity.
    Loomer
    Loomer
    Fanatic

Post by Loomer Thu Mar 07, 2024 1:04 pm

Shady2K wrote:

Obviously not Gospel but on podcast this morning they referenced someone saying could be more like 5-6 weeks but unfounded internet disclaimer. His price is decent and should gain in value with just a few games and easy sideways trade to someone else
    mickspicks
    mickspicks

Post by mickspicks Thu Mar 07, 2024 1:04 pm

Loomer wrote:Is BBrailey one of best 80 min hookers sub 650k that I can plug into my team until I figure out what to do post Rd4 when Grant has had his bye?

I'm considering no backup so Api not option for Rd 1

That's what I am doing, but also have Levi 18-21.
    Bethany_B
    Bethany_B

Post by Bethany_B Thu Mar 07, 2024 1:05 pm

Shady2K wrote:Seems like I’m skipping the below players. Understand why some would be keen but from my pov they each have their own risks. Not bad choices though. If we had bigger squads I’d probably take them

My view of Moses is a short term upside play (his early draw is good and he can capitalise on that) and a bridge to Hynes, not as a long term cut price keeper.

Current date/time is Fri Sep 20, 2024 9:55 am