NRL Fantasy Fanatics

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

NRL Fantasy Fanatics

NRL Fantasy Fanatics - A place for discussion of NRL Fantasy / Virtual Sports / Super Coach and other Fantasy Sports

NRL Fantasy 2024 Part 12 - No need for a restart

easytiger
    easytiger

NRL FF Survivor Champion : 2022

NRL Fantasy 2024 Part 12 - No need for a restart - Page 12 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2024 Part 12 - No need for a restart

Post by easytiger Mon Mar 11, 2024 9:56 am

BroncosSabres wrote:Didn’t this happen briefly with Hopgood last year, everyone traded him out, and then he continued to be a gun? Sell at your own risk.

He definitely is a gun, doubt that has changed.
    But he is gun with essentially a one year history, we don't know if he's a career 60's guy, or maybe settles back into the 50's.
    What I do know is that there was only one occasion across the 24 games last year where he played less minutes than he did this past weekend.

I also am of the opinion that the Parra bench is stronger this year than it was to start last year.
    Tuilagi has his drawbacks, but I think he offers more than Doorey did, Joffa has had a full preseason with the Eels, Grieg is more experienced now, Lane is no longer in an injury affected season, Cartwright is more settled in the team and looks like he is continuing to develop.
    It may just be that the Eels don't need Hopgood to play ~70 minutes each week this year

There's merit to holding Hopgood, but I've always been of the opinion that sometimes you have to get on the front foot with Fantasy, and sometimes you have to sit back and let it come to you - the trick is knowing when to do which haha
    mattnz
    Fanatic

NRL Fantasy 2024 Part 12 - No need for a restart - Page 12 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2024 Part 12 - No need for a restart

Post by mattnz Mon Mar 11, 2024 9:56 am

rhinoceroo wrote:Chan could certainly have looked for the ball more, but he was a rookie second row defending next to a rookie half against the best edge attack (Cleary/Martin/Tago) in the game and they kept the three-time premiers completely scoreless. If Bellamy drops him after that, he's a pretty fucking harsh marker.*

(*yeah, I know Craig Bellamy probably is a ridiculously harsh marker)

Munster situation sounds bad. Has a groin issue, they can't find it in scans and don't know what the issue is. Pezet might be there for a few weeks.
    easytiger
    easytiger

Post by easytiger Mon Mar 11, 2024 9:57 am

Aardvark wrote:

I didn't captain Haas but it's fine....I picked you in fantasy fantasy cheer

cheer

I didn't Laughing

But I did pick Rhino - who is similar, but better cheer
    Milchcow
    Milchcow

Post by Milchcow Mon Mar 11, 2024 9:58 am

BroncosSabres wrote:Didn’t this happen briefly with Hopgood last year, everyone traded him out, and then he continued to be a gun? Sell at your own risk.

It was round 4 , instead of round 1, but basically yes
    Aardvark
    Aardvark

Post by Aardvark Mon Mar 11, 2024 9:58 am

Goodnight Kiwi wrote:Well it looks like Aitken in at centre will be a popular trade for most:

"The Dolphins face being without back-rower Connelly Lemuelu for an extended period after he suffered a suspected dislocated kneecap in the opening-round loss to the Cowboys."

And a downgrade of a misfiring gun to afford. Which gun may be the early big call

Dislocated kneecap eh.....both painful and a decent recovery period. Poor old Null Null can't catch a run of games without an injury can he?
    L-Jimmy
    L-Jimmy

Post by L-Jimmy Mon Mar 11, 2024 9:58 am

mattnz wrote:

Munster situation sounds bad. Has a groin issue, they can't find it in scans and don't know what the issue is. Pezet might be there for a few weeks.

Its his poor wife I pity.

Last edited by L-Jimmy on Mon Mar 11, 2024 9:59 am; edited 1 time in total
    Boozecluez
    Boozecluez

Post by Boozecluez Mon Mar 11, 2024 9:59 am

Trading is easy, choosing which sauce to get out of the fridge is harder:
    lukeayee
    lukeayee

Post by lukeayee Mon Mar 11, 2024 9:59 am

Chan actually looked like a good forward though.

Salmon, was a salmon.
    Milchcow
    Milchcow

Post by Milchcow Mon Mar 11, 2024 10:01 am

easytiger wrote:

There's merit to holding Hopgood, but I've always been of the opinion that sometimes you have to get on the front foot with Fantasy, and sometimes you have to sit back and let it come to you - the trick is knowing when to do which haha

Its the hardest thing about week 1 trades.

Its the best opportunity to fix up errors in your round 1 team. But its also a good opportunity to create further errors by trading out solid picks who just had an off week to start the season. Or trade in guys who just fluked themselves a one-off high score.

If we could easily tell the difference we'd all win Fantasy every year
    rhinoceroo
    rhinoceroo
    Fanatic

Post by rhinoceroo Mon Mar 11, 2024 10:01 am

Goodnight Kiwi wrote:Well it looks like Aitken in at centre will be a popular trade for most:

"The Dolphins face being without back-rower Connelly Lemuelu for an extended period after he suffered a suspected dislocated kneecap in the opening-round loss to the Cowboys."

And a downgrade of a misfiring gun to afford. Which gun may be the early big call

With Aitken giving you one score and one potential cash rise from a 40BE in the next two weeks, I don't think he's an urgent buy just yet.
    Milchcow
    Milchcow

Post by Milchcow Mon Mar 11, 2024 10:02 am

lukeayee wrote:Chan actually looked like a good forward though.

Salmon, was a salmon.

Salmon was scoring well until he got shafted to the backs.

Don't know what his actual minutes will look like, but I wouldn't knee jerk him out based solely on that game

(Instead knee jerk him out when he is named on the bench tomorrow)
    whall15
    whall15

Post by whall15 Mon Mar 11, 2024 10:05 am

I started with both Haas and Hopgood so trading Hopgood is a bit less compelling. Hoping in a (as an Eels fan hopefully tight) game against Penrith he'll have more minutes and more work instead of against the Weak Gutted Dog Persons.
    GreenSchist
    GreenSchist

Post by GreenSchist Mon Mar 11, 2024 10:08 am

Toothlessshark wrote:How much weight do you put into the sharks rotations. McInnes with 2/3 of bugger all mins and Finucane the same boat. Makes me think it'll be different next week but maybe not better for mcinnes

That's how I feel as well. I'm tempted to hold the trade this week to wait and see.
    Sharks had a good run when McInnes came off and as a result, I think Craig just ran with the bench guys for an extended period of time. I'm not sure what the high end of minutes looks like for McInnes but I'd put money on 40 mins not being the regular.
    50 mins against the Dogs, Tigers and Raiders is likely enough to right the ship and not lose a bunch of cash. Can look at trading out in Round 5 (bye) if the upside doesn't appear to be there.
    multiple.scoregasms
    multiple.scoregasms
    Fanatic

Post by multiple.scoregasms Mon Mar 11, 2024 10:09 am

L-Jimmy wrote:Quietly happy with Berry for a tryless 40. Couple of offloads, couple of TBs ..and 5 kick metres! Looking forward to heaps of FDOs in future

Looked the best of the next tier up from base centres. Although it's a pretty small list with Reimis, Arthars, Berry, Montoya and Niu

Will probably get some attacking stats at some point
    rhinoceroo
    rhinoceroo
    Fanatic

Post by rhinoceroo Mon Mar 11, 2024 10:12 am

Milchcow wrote:

Salmon was scoring well until he got shafted to the backs.

Don't know what his actual minutes will look like, but I wouldn't knee jerk him out based solely on that game

(Instead knee jerk him out when he is named on the bench tomorrow)

Yeah, I thought Salmon went ok at lock. Defended well, didn't see much in attack but they didn't have much ball. He wasn't good at centre.

Slight worry that Curran played his way into the starting side, but deal with that when/if it comes, I guess.

Last edited by rhinoceroo on Mon Mar 11, 2024 10:13 am; edited 1 time in total
    Chapper
    Chapper

Post by Chapper Mon Mar 11, 2024 10:12 am

Sun is shining in CHCH Very Happy And five down now!
    quicksand
    quicksand

Post by quicksand Mon Mar 11, 2024 10:13 am

Camo123 wrote:

You could just state an example of a player it’s happened to

Clint Newton ?
    So they wouldn't have to upgrade his contract for playing X amount of games !!
    Milchcow
    Milchcow

Post by Milchcow Mon Mar 11, 2024 10:16 am

multiple.scoregasms wrote:

Looked the best of the next tier up from base centres. Although it's a pretty small list with Reimis, Arthars, Berry, Montoya and Niu

Will probably get some attacking stats at some point

I wasn't terribly unhappy with my pick of Suli

He had plenty of involvement (his most runs ever in a match according to commentary) Just couldn't actually convert that into Fantasy points. but if he keeps getting the ball, the points will come
    Aardvark
    Aardvark

Post by Aardvark Mon Mar 11, 2024 10:17 am

quicksand wrote:

Clint Newton ?
    So they wouldn't have to upgrade his contract for playing X amount of games !!

Yeah, I would believe that clubs might limit playing time if it triggers bonus clauses in a contract for a player they aren't interested in retaining. Happens all the time in professional football.

Not so sure on limiting playing time for a player they are interested in retaining in order to scare off interest from other clubs though.
    easytiger
    easytiger

Post by easytiger Mon Mar 11, 2024 10:18 am

rhinoceroo wrote:Chan could certainly have looked for the ball more, but he was a rookie second row defending next to a rookie half against the best edge attack (Cleary/Martin/Tago) in the game and they kept the three-time premiers completely scoreless. If Bellamy drops him after that, he's a pretty fucking harsh marker.*

(*yeah, I know Craig Bellamy probably is a ridiculously harsh marker)

Craig Bellamy has never struck me as someone that accidentally settles on his Round 1 team
    If Chan got the 11, it's because Bellamy believes he can do a job, doubt one game completely changes his opinion on everything he's seen in the preseason.

Also Chan got the most TB's for the Storm - (pity they're not still worth 3 points each) - we all know how much Craig focuses on players that can generate Fantasy points

Last edited by easytiger on Mon Mar 11, 2024 10:26 am; edited 1 time in total

Current date/time is Fri Sep 20, 2024 2:59 am