NRL Fantasy Fanatics

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

NRL Fantasy Fanatics

NRL Fantasy Fanatics - A place for discussion of NRL Fantasy / Virtual Sports / Super Coach and other Fantasy Sports

NRL Fantasy 2024 Part 12 - No need for a restart

mattnz
    Fanatic

NRL Fantasy 2024 Part 12 - No need for a restart - Page 34 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2024 Part 12 - No need for a restart

Post by mattnz Tue Mar 12, 2024 9:55 am

3rd most traded in so far is..... Soni Luke.

Just wait to see him not named in the 17 this week.
    Bethany_B
    Bethany_B

NRL Fantasy 2024 Part 12 - No need for a restart - Page 34 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2024 Part 12 - No need for a restart

Post by Bethany_B Tue Mar 12, 2024 9:57 am

Milchcow wrote:

This applies to everyone, not just Moses

But if you wanted to hold someone long term, ignore their BE for now. By the time you sell, as long as they hit the scoring you want, they'll have made back the cash they lost

if you only wanted them for short term cash, then its more of a concern and you may want to sell them

Moses was a short term cash play for me, I never intended to hold past round 5-6, otherwise I would be holding him now. I see a lot of opportunity for Turbo (and Teddy as well) to go big, hence why I'm looking at him as a purchase
    ForanAgainst
    ForanAgainst

Post by ForanAgainst Tue Mar 12, 2024 9:59 am

robelgordo wrote:Me: Roosters forward pack is too unpredictable
    Also me: if I trade this week it will be to get a 4th Roosters forward

Exactly how I’ve thought and done. Definitely my only trade this week…….until this evening.
    Ponga Yeo the Mann
    Ponga Yeo the Mann

Post by Ponga Yeo the Mann Tue Mar 12, 2024 10:02 am

Chewie wrote:My main dilemmas this week:

Moses, cleared of serious injury https://t.co/sP9OBH0lpM, but will he be well enough to kick? is he worth a hold? save a trade? Any inhouse physio have some advise (Rhinoceroo, PYTM?)

Tatola or Sitili to TM8 Bodyslam (Terrell May)?

Didn't get to watch the game as I was at SG and Flegg games. Was it a bad one? Did he play the game out?

Groin injuries tend to recover quicker than other muscle groups and are easier to play through. More likely to effect his goal kicking than his in play kicking (rounded vs straighter kicking technique) but shouldn't be a long term issue. Fine in real world but annoying for fantasy as no GKing or a reduction in KM hurts him big time and you bleed cash.

If you liked the pick it should be 1 week max of reduced scores before he goes back to normal and if he's a season keeper than his price dropping and then going back up won't matter.
    Ponga Yeo the Mann
    Ponga Yeo the Mann

Post by Ponga Yeo the Mann Tue Mar 12, 2024 10:03 am

Some itchy trade fingers around!

My team did crap too but doesn't seem like too many clear outs or ins yet

A few deep breaths and wait for TLT
    The Bludger#2
    The Bludger#2

Post by The Bludger#2 Tue Mar 12, 2024 10:29 am

mattnz wrote:

Can easily see a bench that has Starling and Hosking on it.

Can easily see Sticky f-ing up everyone's Fantasy teams by running Smithies for 20mins (off the bench), and then cutting Tapine's mins down to 30, and running Hosking for 70, and ... you get the idea.
    wolfking
    wolfking
    Fanatics Immortal

Post by wolfking Tue Mar 12, 2024 10:30 am

Bethany_B wrote:

Moses was a short term cash play for me, I never intended to hold past round 5-6, otherwise I would be holding him now. I see a lot of opportunity for Turbo (and Teddy as well) to go big, hence why I'm looking at him as a purchase

An 800K cash play?
    The Bludger#2
    The Bludger#2

Post by The Bludger#2 Tue Mar 12, 2024 10:31 am

mattnz wrote:3rd most traded in so far is..... Soni Luke.

Just wait to see him not named in the 17 this week.

Pffft amateurs.
    (Locks in Sloan expecting 3 tries every game)
    Milchcow
    Milchcow

Post by Milchcow Tue Mar 12, 2024 10:33 am

wolfking wrote:
    Bethany_B wrote:

An 800K cash play?

Keano Kini was cheaper, but he is unlikely to make enough cash to be a direct swap to Nicho Hynes
    TheWeapon
    TheWeapon

Post by TheWeapon Tue Mar 12, 2024 10:40 am

Bethany_B wrote:

I had similar plans for Moses….start with him, laugh as the eels put a cricket score on the bulldogs, and smile as his 100+ points in round 1 make for an easy transition to Hynes after his bye.

As someone who has had groin injuries in sport, they are relatively easy to play on, until you really stretch out running or kicking hard. For this reason, I’ll have to cut my losses here I think.
    The Bludger#2
    The Bludger#2

Post by The Bludger#2 Tue Mar 12, 2024 10:40 am

multiple.scoregasms wrote:

I watch every minute of every game every week and have done for a long time.

Hynes, SJ, DCE(historically), Cleary all do "pretty much all of the kicking" for their team and don't touch 90%

To reiterate, I think Fogarty is a good pick IF you already own him. He won't be a top 5 scoring half (Cleary, Hynes, DCE, SJ, Moses) and he isn't going to make a heap of cash from here on. You are buying a guy priced at 50 who might get to 55 average but probably lands somewhere 50-55

Agree with everything you just wrote.
    My only point is that in the current Raiders set-up (Strange at 6), Ricky seems to have developed attacking systems / plays that rely entirely on Fog, which to be honest is pretty unique for NRL teams in the modern game. Even the ultra dominant halves (Cleary etc.) that you mentioned have support playmakers somewhere in the team. The Raiders are running Levi Sleep at starting 9, bringing on Starling Clap and are relying on a rookie at 6 (or may replace him with Weekes - who couldn't lock-down a spot at Manly), and Rapana (who at 34 is pushing it to play 80 at FB). Everything is pointing to Fog doing 90% of the kicking, play-making every game - at least until Strange builds confidence, and/or someone in the capital puts their hand up and makes the No.1 their own.
    It's a situation that I'm certain Sticky wasn't planning for when Wighton decided to accept less $ to play in the centres at Souths.
    I've never said I think he'll average 800kms every game, just that he is absolutely the dominant half. Note: I didn't pick him up and am not trading him in this week. But, for those out there who started with him, well done. Good pick up.
    wolfking
    wolfking
    Fanatics Immortal

Post by wolfking Tue Mar 12, 2024 10:41 am

TheWeapon wrote:

I had similar plans for Moses….start with him, laugh as the eels put a cricket score on the bulldogs, and smile as his 100+ points in round 1 make for an easy transition to Hynes after his bye.

As someone who has had groin injuries in sport, they are relatively easy to play on, until you really stretch out running or kicking hard. For this reason, I’ll have to cut my losses here I think.

Ah okay, yeah true. Moses usually does tear up the Dogs, unfortunate.
    robelgordo
    robelgordo
    Fanatic

Post by robelgordo Tue Mar 12, 2024 10:42 am

The galaxy brain play is trade Cleary to Hynes in R6

Cleary in on bye, meanwhile it's the week after Hynes bye, so he'll be fresh and score 126.

R7 and getting Cleary back for his 131 score that week is a future problem. Not worth contemplating yet.
    The Bludger#2
    The Bludger#2

Post by The Bludger#2 Tue Mar 12, 2024 10:45 am

rhinoceroo wrote:I get confused when Rabbit (pool) and Rabbits (six again, Belinda) argue.

We have two rabbits as pets (no I don't live in Qld) - when they "argue" one humps the other's face.
    Now that is confusing to watch.
    mattnz
    Fanatic

Post by mattnz Tue Mar 12, 2024 10:50 am

The Bludger#2 wrote:

We have two rabbits as pets (no I don't live in Qld) - when they "argue" one humps the other's face.
    Now that is confusing to watch.

Make up sex
    ynot
    ynot

Post by ynot Tue Mar 12, 2024 10:52 am

Is that Jacob Host's music? or Tallis Duncan?

Last edited by ynot on Tue Mar 12, 2024 10:54 am; edited 1 time in total

Post by Guest Tue Mar 12, 2024 10:52 am

The Bludger#2 wrote:

Agree with everything you just wrote.
    My only point is that in the current Raiders set-up (Strange at 6), Ricky seems to have developed attacking systems / plays that rely entirely on Fog, which to be honest is pretty unique for NRL teams in the modern game. Even the ultra dominant halves (Cleary etc.) that you mentioned have support playmakers somewhere in the team. The Raiders are running Levi Sleep  at starting 9, bringing on Starling Clap  and are relying on a rookie at 6 (or may replace him with Weekes - who couldn't lock-down a spot at Manly), and Rapana (who at 34 is pushing it to play 80 at FB). Everything is pointing to Fog doing 90% of the kicking, play-making every game - at least until Strange builds confidence, and/or someone in the capital puts their hand up and makes the No.1 their own.
    It's a situation that I'm certain Sticky wasn't planning for when Wighton decided to accept less $ to play in the centres at Souths.
    I've never said I think he'll average 800kms every game, just that he is absolutely the dominant half. Note: I didn't pick him up and am not trading him in this week. But, for those out there who started with him, well done. Good pick up.  

I'm sure that a one dimensional attack is something that Ricky will want to avoid so that he doesn't become a target for defenders. We'd expect to see a progression of Strange becoming more active in attack. The simple game plan of Fog kicking deep worked against the Knights but bringing that to every game won't work long term. That said we could see Strange taking advantage of the pressure on Fog and getting line breaks which will benefit both of them from a Fantasy perspective.

Post by Guest Tue Mar 12, 2024 10:55 am

ynot wrote:

Is that Jacob Host's music?

Is Tallis Duncan likely to get a run soon? I had him in my early lineup but seems like JD is holding him back for whatever reason
    my tv broke
    my tv broke
    Fanatics Immortal

Post by my tv broke Tue Mar 12, 2024 11:00 am

Chee Kam is back on the meniu
    easytiger
    easytiger

NRL FF Survivor Champion : 2022

Post by easytiger Tue Mar 12, 2024 11:01 am

BaldShitTruck wrote:

Is Tallis Duncan likely to get a run soon? I had him in my early lineup but seems like JD is holding him back for whatever reason

Holding him back to drop his price, so they can re-sign him cheaper... I know a guy (on the forum) that knows a guy that overheard a guy talking to some other guy about a guy...

Current date/time is Fri Sep 20, 2024 2:53 am