NRL Fantasy Fanatics

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

NRL Fantasy Fanatics

NRL Fantasy Fanatics - A place for discussion of NRL Fantasy / Virtual Sports / Super Coach and other Fantasy Sports

Jele 2024

Jele
    Jele

NFL Fantasy L1 Champion : 2019
    NRL FF Survivor Champion : 2020

Jele 2024 - Page 5 Empty Re: Jele 2024

Post by Jele Thu Aug 22, 2024 6:05 am

WT Winfield wrote:I'm inclined to believe the NRLPhysio post about Matto having broken ribs. Seems it would be tough to return from by Rd 27, so I'd go for the gun points now, especially with a couple of trades to spare.

Edge is a little light if getting Murray, but having the trades makes it less of an issue, and maybe Soro returns. I'm tempted to use my last trade to get Angus (just short of Preston to complete the mullet crew, but Angus is probably better fantasy-wise anyway), but I'd probably get Murray instead if it didn't leave me with only 3 edges and one's already playing busted.

Starling and Gray could be good 16th and 17th men, but think I'd rather have Murray in there and loop the others for 17th man.

Annoyingly Garrick and Kiraz are playing early this week (and next), so hopefully don't have another late CTR out if locking them at WFB again like me Evil or Very Mad

cheers WT, yeah I think you're right. I was sceptical without any corroboration about NRL Physio's post, but where there's smoke, there's fire.

Relying on KPP to see me through at edge for as long as possible does seem a bit crazy, but finding it hard to overlook Murray and Carrigan's pedigree as big minute locks. Speaking of locks, I love Preston and his mullet, so he would be the logical choice for me as I've got the cash. Will ponder some more this evening.

If you're down to your last trade and can field 17 this week, I'd hold at this stage. Whatever you pick up by way of points improvement might be dwarfed if you're faced with playing one or more short in the last round...
    WT Winfield
    WT Winfield

Post by WT Winfield Thu Aug 22, 2024 10:36 am

KPP seems pretty solid again. Ponga back is probably a good thing. Looked like they were getting a combination going before Ponga's injury. Just having two edges makes me nervous if Fifita or KPP were a late out.

I was gonna say fuck it and burn the last trade on Samuela to Angus, but now with Curran out, I'll hold for tonight and loop Samuela. Opportunity to grab Preston for Curran tomorrow now, but will see what happens. Holding the trade and being glad to play 17 is probably the smart play.

I think Murray is better than Preston, but I could handle Preston scoring a few less points than the alternatives just because he's a good watch.
    Jele
    Jele

Post by Jele Fri Aug 23, 2024 5:58 am

WT Winfield wrote:KPP seems pretty solid again. Ponga back is probably a good thing. Looked like they were getting a combination going before Ponga's injury. Just having two edges makes me nervous if Fifita or KPP were a late out.

I was gonna say fuck it and burn the last trade on Samuela to Angus, but now with Curran out, I'll hold for tonight and loop Samuela. Opportunity to grab Preston for Curran tomorrow now, but will see what happens. Holding the trade and being glad to play 17 is probably the smart play.

I think Murray is better than Preston, but I could handle Preston scoring a few less points than the alternatives just because he's a good watch.

Well done on holding Samuela. Suspect it makes your decision to hold the trade this week easier too.
    WT Winfield
    WT Winfield

Post by WT Winfield Sun Aug 25, 2024 3:51 am

Thanks mate

Gutted about the Murray news for you on the other hand Evil or Very Mad KPP hurts too. Hopefully Murray's points end up being worth the trade. Seemed like the right call until the suspension news.

Maybe Angus, Fermor and Nikora playing today will be an audition. Not sure what happened with Preston, but dodged a bullet there. I was a little iffy with Salmon back, but thought he'd just get some Curran minutes and Preston should play 80 leading into the finals.
    Jele
    Jele

Post by Jele Mon Aug 26, 2024 5:56 am

Round 25

Slightly disappointing week given my recent charge up the ranks. 939 saw me fall 100 places to 1,723rd. 129 points to behind 1,000th place is a fair bit to catch up in the last two rounds, but I still have two trades to play with.

Round 25 team was:

Cook
    Carrigan Yeo (c) Tapine
    Fifita KPP
    Galvin DCE (vc)
    Wighton Iro
    Kiraz Teddy Garrick

Murray Plath Fogarty Drinky
    Sorensen Hands Starling Gray

bank: $136k
    trades: 2

Did two trades this week: Cleary + Matto -> Carrigan + Murray.

Both went well in isolation. Obviously Murray’s potential suspension hurts.

The Good
    - Captain Yeo backed up his 82 last week with an 85 this week. I feel like this year has been the first time he’s been in my team for an extended period of time, and it’s been brilliant.
    - A shoutout for Kayal Iro. 67 points at centre, just playing good footy (and niggling Zac Lomax, which should have been a bonus 5)..

The Bad
    - I’ll never complain too much about Cam Murray, but that was a dumb tackle.
    - KPP’s injury is unfortunate, hope we’ll hear clear news about whether he’s likely to be back next week at least.

The Ugly
    - Manly. They kind of got rogered by the ref, but who can begrudge the Tigers a bit of luck. But I was definitely hoping for a lot more from DCE and Garrick.
    - Not having Turbo or Ponga hurt a bit this week. My inherent conservatism (preferring MIDs, HOKs and HLFs to WFBs) came back to bite me. Same with picking DCE over Hughes. Not sure what I have against Jahrome, but he is absolute fire at the moment.

Conclusion
    Murray’s effort to downgrade his charge, the extent of KPP’s injury and any update on Sorensen will determine my move(s) this week. At this stage, I’ll be shopping for an edge and if Koloamatangi is named at 13, he looks the pick over Angus. Galvin is on the bye, but I’d prefer to hold him for round 27 if I can. Do I use both trades this week, or try and hold one for round 27?
    Jele
    Jele

Post by Jele Wed Aug 28, 2024 5:28 pm

18 green dots this week, but thinking of using my last two trades to upgrade my team. Moving on Murray is a no-brainer and I need an edge, so thinking Koloamatangi for my first.

That would leave me with this team:

Cook
    Carrigan Yeo (c) Tapine
    Fifita Koloamatangi
    Fogarty DCE (vc)
    Wighton Iro
    Kiraz Teddy Drinky

Plath Galvin KPP Sorensen
    Garrick Gray Hands Starling

If Garrick, Gray and Hands score well, then I could consider holding. But if one or more stink it up, then I'm thinking Starling -> Ponga for my last trade. Knights have it all to play for and two day games against the Titans and Dolphins seems like pretty tasty fare for KP.

Holding a trade for last round carnage is probably sensible, but I'll have Galvin and maybe Sorensen and KPP to come back. Plus I'm not going to make too much ground by playing the same spuds as everyone else in my 14-17...
    Jele
    Jele

Post by Jele Sun Sep 01, 2024 7:35 pm

Round 26

Another drop this weekend, 841 which saw me fall 150 places to 1,870th. Now 170 points behind 1,000th place – I think that goal is dead…

Round 26 team was:

Cook
    Carrigan Yeo (c) Tapine
    Fifita Koloamatangi
    DCE Plath (vc)
    Wighton Iro
    Kiraz Teddy Drinky

Fogarty Galvin KPP Garrick
    Sorensen Hands Starling Gray

bank: $146k
    trades: 1

One trade this week: Murray -> Koloamatangi.

The Good
    - Captain Yeo backed up his 82 two weeks ago and his 85 last week with another 85. Rinse and repeat. See my comment from last week.

The Bad
    - Rabbitohs players – was probably inevitable that they score badly against the Panthers, but trading in Koloamatangi for his lowest ever starting score (edge or middle) really hurt.

The Ugly
    - The coach. After Fogarty was ruled out, I chickened out of my Starling->Ponga trade. In isolation, that cost me about 53 points. What I should have done was Fogarty->Haas – that cost me 66 points. Either way, I blew it.

Conclusion
    Annoyed at myself for pulling my second trade. I guess we’ll see on Tuesday how much the final trade is worth, but unless I only have 16, its unlikely to break even. What to do with my last trade will depend on TLT, but at least I'll have no excuse not to use it...
    Jele
    Jele

Post by Jele Sun Sep 08, 2024 5:14 pm

Ended up doing Fifita -> May for my last trade. Not bad, but once again I didn't go through with my gut and bring in Hughes (or Ponga).

920 for the round, 1,779th overall. A late slump - from not having one of the big scorers over the last few rounds (Ponga, Hughes, Turbo etc) - took the gloss off, but happy enough with the finish having been 20,554th at the start of the byes.

Will take a look back in the next week or so, and try and summarise some lessons learned.

Thanks to all who offered their two cents through the year.

Current date/time is Mon Sep 16, 2024 8:39 pm