NRL Fantasy Fanatics

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

NRL Fantasy Fanatics

NRL Fantasy Fanatics - A place for discussion of NRL Fantasy / Virtual Sports / Super Coach and other Fantasy Sports

NRL Fantasy 2024 Part 13 - He looks good, but what do the Reserve Grade stats say

multiple.scoregasms
    multiple.scoregasms
    Fanatic

NRL Fantasy 2024 Part 13 - He looks good, but what do the Reserve Grade stats say - Page 17 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2024 Part 13 - He looks good, but what do the Reserve Grade stats say

Post by multiple.scoregasms Wed Mar 13, 2024 4:46 pm

mattnz wrote:

I can't see Butcher getting less than 50-55 off the bench either. Going to be minutes squeezed elsewhere in the pack.

Yeah I reckon it might end up with the young bloke who plays in the middle with <30 first grade games that might hang around 40 minutes. Wonder if there is anyone that fits that description
    Liverpool_Bulldog
    Liverpool_Bulldog
    Fanatic

NRL Fantasy 2024 Part 13 - He looks good, but what do the Reserve Grade stats say - Page 17 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2024 Part 13 - He looks good, but what do the Reserve Grade stats say

Post by Liverpool_Bulldog Wed Mar 13, 2024 4:48 pm

Loomer wrote:

Might switch to Cleary vs Eels. No point owning high value player not to C. Just preferred Haas match up last round

I just preferred not having to wait a whole week for a captaincy score. Anything could have happened.
    mattnz
    Fanatic

Post by mattnz Wed Mar 13, 2024 4:50 pm

multiple.scoregasms wrote:

Yeah I reckon it might end up with the young bloke who plays in the middle with <30 first grade games that might hang around 40 minutes. Wonder if there is anyone that fits that description

Well it isn't Whyte that you are describing
    Mulvy
    Mulvy

Post by Mulvy Wed Mar 13, 2024 4:55 pm

I should probably hold Moses. I just can't shake the feeling that he scores shit and aggravates his groin, and bleeds cash. The obvious choice would be Fogarty, but does it have to be a half? If I've got Cleary, Flannagan, Strange, and possibly Galvin for Cotric, do I need another half? I would argue no. Could get Duncan. Leaves a lot of $ on the pine though.
    Chucky
    Chucky

Post by Chucky Wed Mar 13, 2024 5:01 pm

Liverpool_Bulldog wrote:

I don’t feel like I’ve built up the clout/footballing knowledge of some of the greats here to be telling people what to do with their teams confidently

In fact it’s quite possible I may never
    It doesn’t seem to bother some (one) around here
    Shady2K
    Shady2K

Post by Shady2K Wed Mar 13, 2024 5:03 pm

Mulvy wrote:I should probably hold Moses. I just can't shake the feeling that he scores shit and aggravates his groin, and bleeds cash. The obvious choice would be Fogarty, but does it have to be a half? If I've got Cleary, Flannagan, Strange, and possibly Galvin for Cotric, do I need another half? I would argue no. Could get Duncan. Leaves a lot of $ on the pine though.

Doesn't need to be a HLF if you're comfortable starting one of the others. Especially if Flanno was going to be in your 17 regardless

I like Duncan but think he's a wait, for both role and for confirmation if Arrow is season-ending or not
    Jele
    Jele

NFL Fantasy L1 Champion : 2019
    NRL FF Survivor Champion : 2020

Post by Jele Wed Mar 13, 2024 5:12 pm

Mulvy wrote:I should probably hold Moses. I just can't shake the feeling that he scores shit and aggravates his groin, and bleeds cash. The obvious choice would be Fogarty, but does it have to be a half? If I've got Cleary, Flannagan, Strange, and possibly Galvin for Cotric, do I need another half? I would argue no. Could get Duncan. Leaves a lot of $ on the pine though.

I understand the urge, but given how bad Brown's kicking game is and the quality of Penrith's defence/kick pressure, I'm gambling that Parra have picked Moses in the expectation that he will kick. Re a second half, none of Flanagan, Strange or even Galvin seem very reliable, but as Shady says if you're playing Flanno in your 17 doesn't matter if he starts at half.
    multiple.scoregasms
    multiple.scoregasms
    Fanatic

Post by multiple.scoregasms Wed Mar 13, 2024 5:13 pm

Chucky wrote:
    It doesn’t seem to bother some (one) around here

SI resembles that
    Aardvark Ratnick
    Aardvark Ratnick

Post by Aardvark Ratnick Wed Mar 13, 2024 5:17 pm

ForanAgainst wrote:

I could have cover if I play Strange over Kris in my 17, and that seems a bit silly.

I have him starting Embarassed Embarassed Embarassed
    multiple.scoregasms
    multiple.scoregasms
    Fanatic

Post by multiple.scoregasms Wed Mar 13, 2024 5:18 pm

Jele wrote:

I understand the urge, but given how bad Brown's kicking game is and the quality of Penrith's defence/kick pressure, I'm gambling that Parra have picked Moses in the expectation that he will kick. Re a second half, none of Flanagan, Strange or even Galvin seem very reliable, but as Shady says if you're playing Flanno in your 17 doesn't matter if he starts at half.  

Last time Moses played Penrith he kicked for over 1000 metres. If completion rate is good there are plenty of points on offer
    Mulvy
    Mulvy

Post by Mulvy Wed Mar 13, 2024 5:18 pm

Jele wrote:

Flanno will be there regardless which is why I thought I'd think outside the box a little. Even if Moses kicks, the Eels don't lose a lot with Gutho goal kicking, so there's a really good chance he scores below average. As usual the question becomes, would Rd25 Mulvy want that trade back? It's also a bit of a restructure though, gives me options, currently have 1k cash so can't do anything (so maybe I shouldn't haha).
    lubedragon
    lubedragon

Post by lubedragon Wed Mar 13, 2024 5:21 pm

Coaches with Adam Elliot holding?
    Jele
    Jele

Post by Jele Wed Mar 13, 2024 5:22 pm

Milchcow wrote:For those who can't be arsed going to the fantasy site here is their ruling on the Dogs v Eels game

Personally, I would have liked to see some form of punishment as a deterrent to taking advantage of this sort of situation again, such as teams losing the illegal trade they made. But fixing the mistake probably exceeded my expectations of their response anyway.
    Jele
    Jele

Post by Jele Wed Mar 13, 2024 5:26 pm

Mulvy wrote:

Flanno will be there regardless which is why I thought I'd think outside the box a little. Even if Moses kicks, the Eels don't lose a lot with Gutho goal kicking, so there's a really good chance he scores below average. As usual the question becomes, would Rd25 Mulvy want that trade back? It's also a bit of a restructure though, gives me options, currently have 1k cash so can't do anything (so maybe I shouldn't haha).

Someone (maybe PYTM, who knows what he's talking about) said the issue is less likely to affect general play kicking than goal kicking. So Moses not goal kicking, but keeping the general play kicking, is definitely possible. You could argue though that the Eels may not get too many goal kicks this week against Penrith. They seem to do well against the Panthers, but it tends to be a tight game.
    mattnz
    Fanatic

Post by mattnz Wed Mar 13, 2024 5:34 pm

Random, crazy idea ..... when Wighton is available, could they see him as the solution at EDG, allowing Murray to move back to lock?
    Milchcow
    Milchcow

Post by Milchcow Wed Mar 13, 2024 5:37 pm

Jele wrote:
    Milchcow wrote:For those who can't be arsed going to the fantasy site here is their ruling on the Dogs v Eels game

Personally, I would have liked to see some form of punishment as a deterrent to taking advantage of this sort of situation again, such as teams losing the illegal trade they made. But fixing the mistake probably exceeded my expectations of their response anyway.

I could have been stuffed if they did something like that

Booze at least used a fake account for his cheat team, but I was trading like a madman to get screen prints to use as evidence for when the shit hit the fan the next day.
    Everything in my team went back to how it was by the time it was all over, but if they just looked at trade activity I'd be a goner
    THEGAME
    THEGAME

Post by THEGAME Wed Mar 13, 2024 5:37 pm

Hey, I’m I right the VC Cap loop isn’t possible anymore ?
    Aardvark
    Aardvark

Post by Aardvark Wed Mar 13, 2024 5:38 pm

THEGAME wrote:Hey, I’m I right the VC Cap loop isn’t possible anymore ?

Not for a very long time
    Milchcow
    Milchcow

Post by Milchcow Wed Mar 13, 2024 5:38 pm

THEGAME wrote:Hey, I’m I right the VC Cap loop isn’t possible anymore ?

Correct

C and VC lockout as soon as the round kicks off.

You can loop every other position though
    THEGAME
    THEGAME

Post by THEGAME Wed Mar 13, 2024 5:42 pm

Thoughts

Metcalf to Fog
    McInnes to Either Terrell May or Duncan ?

If May only 3K ITB

👍May
    👎Duncan

Current date/time is Fri Sep 20, 2024 2:40 am