NRL Fantasy Fanatics

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

NRL Fantasy Fanatics

NRL Fantasy Fanatics - A place for discussion of NRL Fantasy / Virtual Sports / Super Coach and other Fantasy Sports

NRL Fantasy 2024 Part 13 - He looks good, but what do the Reserve Grade stats say

Mulvy
    Mulvy

NRL Fantasy 2024 Part 13 - He looks good, but what do the Reserve Grade stats say - Page 19 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2024 Part 13 - He looks good, but what do the Reserve Grade stats say

Post by Mulvy Wed Mar 13, 2024 6:12 pm

BaldShitTruck wrote:Evening ladies and gentlemen.

Ponga owners are you concerned that there may be a consistent low scoring run for start of this season and a possible sideways bailout to another wfb to generate cash or are you satisfied in knowing that when the Knights click he will resume his high scoring?

Thinking about a trade to Turbo who should gain a fair bit and leave Ponga until mid season. I feel stupid in knowing that it is sideways asf but it's the nett deficit of up to 200k that I think about if he falls behind Turbo in scoring.

I know I'm reacting after one average score, just curious if anyone else is having similar thoughts.

Don't listen to me, I held Teddy the whole season last year. I think I'm going to make the same mistake with Ponga this year too probably. But I think if injury free he ends up top WFB scorer (avg) for the year. Was one of my first picked. Went hard for him (figuratively) in draft. Haven't once considered trading. I'm pretty annoyed the Knights were so Putrid last week, means they'll probably come up to Townsville and knock us off with Ponga going rank.
    Mulvy
    Mulvy

NRL Fantasy 2024 Part 13 - He looks good, but what do the Reserve Grade stats say - Page 19 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2024 Part 13 - He looks good, but what do the Reserve Grade stats say

Post by Mulvy Wed Mar 13, 2024 6:15 pm

Tigs wrote:

Oh for fuck's sake. Fantasy is hard.

Have an upvote though Very Happy
    Regulator
    Regulator

Post by Regulator Wed Mar 13, 2024 6:16 pm

If that Newcastle try doesn't get pulled back for an iffy obstruction call Ponga has a gun score despite having a "quiet" game and you're sitting there absolutely content.
    WT Winfield
    WT Winfield

Post by WT Winfield Wed Mar 13, 2024 6:16 pm

Aardvark wrote:

Not a Ponga owner but... he and Tommy T might end up around the same spot scoring wise.

Sounds horrible for Ponga, but really fucking good for Tommy Talau. Both end up around 420k you reckon?
    Honeysett
    Honeysett

Post by Honeysett Wed Mar 13, 2024 6:17 pm

So I got an email from Fantasy advising I was one of the teams that made illegal trades, now I've done some illegal things in my time but absolutely didn't do that.

Did any other innocent party get one?

NRL Fantasy 2024 Part 13 - He looks good, but what do the Reserve Grade stats say - Page 19 Giphy
    Jele
    Jele

NFL Fantasy L1 Champion : 2019
    NRL FF Survivor Champion : 2020

Post by Jele Wed Mar 13, 2024 6:18 pm

Mulvy wrote:

Oh for fuck's sake. Fantasy is hard.

Have an upvote though Very Happy

Mulvy hands out upvotes like candy. Always good to post when he's online and build up your reputation Laughing

Post by Guest Wed Mar 13, 2024 6:19 pm

Mulvy wrote:

Don't listen to me, I held Teddy the whole season last year. I think I'm going to make the same mistake with Ponga this year too probably. But I think if injury free he ends up top WFB scorer (avg) for the year. Was one of my first picked. Went hard for him (figuratively) in draft. Haven't once considered trading. I'm pretty annoyed the Knights were so Putrid last week, means they'll probably come up to Townsville and knock us off with Ponga going rank.

I agree the Knights were poor and that's what has me worried, that if they stay clunky and predictable then Ponga is an easy target and gets shut down. Hopefully KPP adds another angle of attack for them, that may be all they need. These English forwards seem to bring something to their teams when they come in and it might be what they need
    OB
    OB

Post by OB Wed Mar 13, 2024 6:20 pm

Liverpool_Bulldog wrote:

I don’t feel like I’ve built up the clout/footballing knowledge of some of the greats here to be telling people what to do with their teams confidently

In fact it’s quite possible I may never

I'd much rather be contributing my opinions and suggestions than be solely coming here and asking for suggestions from others.

Up to the taker of the suggestions to do their due diligence as to the credentials of the source.

I spent the first 6 months here caveating anything I said with the fact that I was exceptionally green. Gave that up and now I just speak my mind.
    Mulvy
    Mulvy

Post by Mulvy Wed Mar 13, 2024 6:21 pm

Jele wrote:

Mulvy hands out upvotes like candy. Always good to post when he's online and build up your reputation Laughing

Have an upvote Very Happy
    Mulvy
    Mulvy

Post by Mulvy Wed Mar 13, 2024 6:24 pm

OB wrote:

I'd much rather be contributing my opinions and suggestions than be solely coming here and asking for suggestions from others.

Up to the taker of the suggestions to do their due diligence as to the credentials of the source.

I spent the first 6 months here caveating anything I said with the fact that I was exceptionally green. Gave that up and now I just speak my mind.

Still pretty green.

Mulvy
    Mulvy

Post by Mulvy Wed Mar 13, 2024 6:26 pm

Honeysett wrote:So I got an email from Fantasy advising I was one of the teams that made illegal trades, now I've done some illegal things in my time but absolutely didn't do that.

Did any other innocent party get one?

NRL Fantasy 2024 Part 13 - He looks good, but what do the Reserve Grade stats say - Page 19 Giphy

I want those rings back.
    robelgordo
    robelgordo
    Fanatic

Post by robelgordo Wed Mar 13, 2024 6:28 pm

Im currently No Trades Jones

Probably something happens and I change my mind
    GreenMachine
    GreenMachine

Post by GreenMachine Wed Mar 13, 2024 6:28 pm

THEGAME wrote:Hey, I’m I right the VC Cap loop isn’t possible anymore ?

Good to see you old mate. Asking old questions Laughing
    WT Winfield
    WT Winfield

Post by WT Winfield Wed Mar 13, 2024 6:38 pm

robelgordo wrote:Im currently No Trades Jones

Probably something happens and I change my mind

Notradés Jones? Not in the system yet, but my trades are set. Notradés and Talau coming in for me.

Post by Guest Wed Mar 13, 2024 6:38 pm

With Niukore sidelined and Capewell struggling with a rib cartilage issue would Laban be the next to come in?

I think Capewell will play but would be good to see Laban given a shot at some point this season

Edit: Forgot Tevaga
    mattnz
    Fanatic

Post by mattnz Wed Mar 13, 2024 6:41 pm

BaldShitTruck wrote:With Niukore sidelined and Capewell struggling with a rib cartilage issue would Laban be the next to come in?

I think Capewell will play but would be good to see Laban given a shot at some point this season

He looked great in the trial. Barnett and Bunty can play EDG.
    The Pascoe Fiasco
    The Pascoe Fiasco

Post by The Pascoe Fiasco Wed Mar 13, 2024 6:42 pm

danseels1985 wrote:TU:Kini and Hughes to Talau and Duncan
    TD:Hughes and Sitili to Talau and Terrell
    I’d still go one without Talau!
    Snatchpato
    Snatchpato

Post by Snatchpato Wed Mar 13, 2024 6:47 pm

Liverpool_Bulldog wrote:

Oh geez that’s rough Mulvy. I do remember a time though when my trade ideas wore a few down
    Your trade ideas and persistent badgering of the forum for help isn't a nuisance because you both provide reasoning behind who you're considering, and also interact with those that offer you advice. Others on the forum simply pop in, ask for advice, and leave it at that.

With that said I know Dan has mentioned many times that he really doesn't have time to be on the forum for long periods of time, but values the collective wisdom on here which is why he asks questions but overall doesn't contribute much. I think that's fine, and if you don't, I think that's fine too. If it pisses you off that much, block him and never worry about it again.
    The Bludger#2
    The Bludger#2

Post by The Bludger#2 Wed Mar 13, 2024 6:48 pm

Loomer wrote:

Where's the no trade option?

Agreed.
    If you need a WFB, grab a cheap one who is a green dot - Tommy's the obvious choice who will then screw you over all season.
    If you picked up Hughes, it's to let him slow-burn up to $100k (or more if possible) and then trade him to a gun.

I've picked up BodySlam & Duncan, but I had 2 forced trades to deal with and the $ to make it happen. afro
    Snatchpato
    Snatchpato

Post by Snatchpato Wed Mar 13, 2024 6:49 pm

Mulvy wrote:

Have an upvote Very Happy
    I reckon Mulvy and I might be the only two upvote whores here. Never heard of anyone else running out of upvotes - @standard-issue why would you even put a cap on that you grinch

Current date/time is Fri Sep 20, 2024 7:50 am