NRL Fantasy Fanatics

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

NRL Fantasy Fanatics

NRL Fantasy Fanatics - A place for discussion of NRL Fantasy / Virtual Sports / Super Coach and other Fantasy Sports

NRL Fantasy 2024 Part 13 - He looks good, but what do the Reserve Grade stats say

mickspicks
    mickspicks

NRL Fantasy 2024 Part 13 - He looks good, but what do the Reserve Grade stats say - Page 27 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2024 Part 13 - He looks good, but what do the Reserve Grade stats say

Post by mickspicks Wed Mar 13, 2024 8:36 pm

Cheers y'all. Such a shame with Lolo. Even if he was to hit high 30s it just seems value is elsewhere.

Might roll the dice and go:
    Leniu > Seyfarth
    Lolo > Liddle
    GreenSchist
    GreenSchist

NRL Fantasy 2024 Part 13 - He looks good, but what do the Reserve Grade stats say - Page 27 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2024 Part 13 - He looks good, but what do the Reserve Grade stats say

Post by GreenSchist Wed Mar 13, 2024 8:36 pm

mattnz wrote:

Straight out of high school, no Cup, no anything.

How am I meant to make an informed decision without any Reserve grade stats?
    danseels1985
    danseels1985

Post by danseels1985 Wed Mar 13, 2024 8:36 pm

Mulvy wrote:

Don't like either. You have to probably, I'd ask you to post your team, but...

If they're the options, Talau, decent run, points to be had on that edge, might actually have had improved, and the cash will come in handy for something.

How many more games do we think that Warriors FB gets before CNK is back? I’m not crazy about the options either but it really is lose Kini for Talau just to have a team. I’ll cautiously put my team up just so you know my situation(don’t worry everyone it won’t be a regular thing)

Grant
    Haas Cotter Sitili
    Piakura Smithies
    Cleary Hutch
    Strange Burbo
    Papy Walsh Kini

Luki
    Wong
    Cheese
    Levi
    Chan
    Salmon
    Flanagan
    Hughes
    Snatchpato
    Snatchpato

Post by Snatchpato Wed Mar 13, 2024 8:36 pm

I am holding Lolo for one more week because:

a) I have no one I want to trade him to yet
    b) If he does shit, I'll just mention nothing next week and sell him to Galvin very quietly
    c) If he does medium I can monitor a hopefully one week blip
    d) If he jags a good score or at least a decent one in good minutes I can come in here and brag like I'm the second coming of Booze for being the best at this game (ignore that I starting with Lolo tho)
    mickspicks
    mickspicks

Post by mickspicks Wed Mar 13, 2024 8:37 pm

Ando wrote:

Mate how many mins do you think for Lolo?

Just kidding, I think he's a sell. I'm also rather concerned to see Tommy Talau's name floating around as much as it is.

lol!

Talau is being thrown around due to Nick MF Cotric not being named. Now that's dire.
    BCT05
    BCT05

Post by BCT05 Wed Mar 13, 2024 8:38 pm

Snatchpato wrote:I am holding Lolo for one more week because:

a) I have no one I want to trade him to yet
    b) If he does shit, I'll just mention nothing next week and sell him to Galvin very quietly
    c) If he does medium I can monitor a hopefully one week blip
    d) If he jags a good score or at least a decent one in good minutes I can come in here and brag like I'm the second coming of Booze for being the best at this game (ignore that I starting with Lolo tho)

Good enough for me
    mattnz
    Fanatic

Post by mattnz Wed Mar 13, 2024 8:39 pm

GreenSchist wrote:

He looks like he is going to be Strange + some running + some attacking stats + maybe some kicking. Should have a much bigger role.
    mickspicks
    mickspicks

Post by mickspicks Wed Mar 13, 2024 8:40 pm

GreenSchist wrote:

The fantasy elite know high school promise always equals success. Always.
    Revraiser
    Revraiser
    Fanatic

Post by Revraiser Wed Mar 13, 2024 8:41 pm

sajjos wrote:@Rotinaj yes

You will be frontrunner for the 'Best short story' award poster that @Khany currently holds if Ur not careful.
    GreenSchist
    GreenSchist

Post by GreenSchist Wed Mar 13, 2024 8:43 pm

mattnz wrote:

He looks like he is going to be Strange + some running + some attacking stats + maybe some kicking. Should have a much bigger role.

I can’t say I watched too much of him in the trials but I love a guy with big raps on him.
    I’m bringing him in so I can fund my Liddle trade and don’t feel bad about it at all. I suspect he will hold a role all year, so should be a slow burn cashie at worst.

Last edited by GreenSchist on Wed Mar 13, 2024 8:43 pm; edited 1 time in total
    mattnz
    Fanatic

Post by mattnz Wed Mar 13, 2024 8:43 pm

mickspicks wrote:

The fantasy elite know high school promise always equals success. Always.

I think the last half we saw play straight out of high school was Cleary. Very rare for a play maker to get a shot at 18, so must be decent.

Even Katoa was a year older when he got his chance.
    L-Jimmy
    L-Jimmy

Post by L-Jimmy Wed Mar 13, 2024 8:43 pm

Snatchpato wrote:
    You'd have to ask L-Jimmy about that.

But nah you're one of the good guys.

Good guys gang:

Mulvy
    Snatch
    ET

Oi! Cheeky fucker. That's it - I'm gonna pray to the god of bad derivatives that all your Y11's forget what a locus is.
    Ando
    Ando

Post by Ando Wed Mar 13, 2024 8:43 pm

mickspicks wrote:

lol!

Talau is being thrown around due to Nick MF Cotric not being named. Now that's dire.

I'd rather hold Cotric and use him to loop than trade to Talau, Talau has 35k to lose
    wolfking
    wolfking
    Fanatics Immortal

Post by wolfking Wed Mar 13, 2024 8:45 pm

mickspicks wrote:To hold Lolo, or to sell Lolo. That is the question. Why do I feel Lolo will be extremely limited until the end of year? I miss the old Lolo Sad

Sell mate. I don't see him all of a sudden becoming a 50 point average scorer.

No doubt he'll a more mi Ute's this week but it's hard to see him miraculously turning back into a fantasy gun.
    Revraiser
    Revraiser
    Fanatic

Post by Revraiser Wed Mar 13, 2024 8:47 pm

WT Winfield wrote:

I'll make you laugh and then WHAM, lightsabre in the back. Probably not the padawan you're looking for

I thought Ur original post was a two headed jibe OR that if someone turned up to the lunch and wasn't actually from QLD they should be turned away. Just like Inglis should have been years ago.

study
    Bazoots

Post by Bazoots Wed Mar 13, 2024 8:48 pm

I owed Talau through the whole of last year. Couldnt get rid of him. Was cheap to start with and managed to get cheaper. He misses tackles like I miss cake. Highlight was getting excited he was going to nab himself a bullshit try only to watch him drop the damned ball. Just dont do it to yourself.
    mickspicks
    mickspicks

Post by mickspicks Wed Mar 13, 2024 8:50 pm

mattnz wrote:

I think the last half we saw play straight out of high school was Cleary. Very rare for a play maker to get a shot at 18, so must be decent.

Even Katoa was a year older when he got his chance.

All jokes aside, Galvin does have the wraps and talent. Still hasn't grown in to his body but I'm sure he'll have a dig.
    Revraiser
    Revraiser
    Fanatic

Post by Revraiser Wed Mar 13, 2024 8:51 pm

Honeysett wrote:I've been out the game a couple years, and never that Fantasy relevant. Aside from being the most decorated mod in Forum history... But isn't it a bad idea to trade out a gun like Ponga off one average score? You got him in because he's an absolute game changer and can score insanely well. Trade guns if they don't have a role you like or someone else is impacted their scores but don't do it off round 1 and poor scores.

I thought Ur rep was all about your hands, handsome hands �
    ynot
    ynot

Post by ynot Wed Mar 13, 2024 8:53 pm

I've just added in what I'm going to call "usage stats" for the minute to yafss.com under "Player Stats".

It's basically an attempt to understand how often players get the ball and what they do with it when they get it.

These are Jacob Kiraz's aggregated positional usage stats:
    NRL Fantasy 2024 Part 13 - He looks good, but what do the Reserve Grade stats say - Page 27 Screen10

This shows he has about 20 receipts per game, when he gets the ball he runs about 85% of the time as a winger or centre but passes much more when he's a centre. He also scores about 0.4 Fantasy Points extra per receipt as a Centre. There are also some stats per run and per pass.

I also have a game log for each player so you can look at these stats game by game and see offensive involvement. I often hear that a player "barely touched the ball" etc. so you can check that out here.

Still not entirely sure how to use this or what to do with it, but I've been thinking about it and just wanted to get something up. Let me know if you see anything wrong or something I've missed.
    mattnz
    Fanatic

Post by mattnz Wed Mar 13, 2024 8:55 pm

ynot wrote:I've just added in what I'm going to call "usage stats" for the minute to yafss.com under "Player Stats".

It's basically an attempt to understand how often players get the ball and what they do with it when they get it.

These are Jacob Kiraz's aggregated positional usage stats:
    NRL Fantasy 2024 Part 13 - He looks good, but what do the Reserve Grade stats say - Page 27 Screen10

This shows he has about 20 receipts per game, when he gets the ball he runs about 85% of the time as a winger or centre but passes much more when he's a centre. He also scores about 0.4 Fantasy Points extra per receipt as a Centre. There are also some stats per run and per pass.

I also have a game log for each player so you can look at these stats game by game and see offensive involvement. I often hear that a player "barely touched the ball" etc. so you can check that out here.

Still not entirely sure how to use this or what to do with it, but I've been thinking about it and just wanted to get something up. Let me know if you see anything wrong or something I've missed.

Guessing Latrell is off the chart in these stats.

Current date/time is Sun Sep 08, 2024 10:05 am