NRL Fantasy Fanatics

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

NRL Fantasy Fanatics

NRL Fantasy Fanatics - A place for discussion of NRL Fantasy / Virtual Sports / Super Coach and other Fantasy Sports

NRL Fantasy 2024 Part 13 - He looks good, but what do the Reserve Grade stats say

Teeth Eater
    Teeth Eater

NRL Fantasy 2024 Part 13 - He looks good, but what do the Reserve Grade stats say - Page 28 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2024 Part 13 - He looks good, but what do the Reserve Grade stats say

Post by Teeth Eater Wed Mar 13, 2024 9:55 pm

Talau is the talk of the town on a lot of Supercoach podcasts. Dudes seem certain he'll be on the end of a points party surrounded by Turbo and the boyz.

I ended up going with Tuaupiki in my team, kind of thinking ahead to not play Cotric in this round (which is now a non-issue anyway) so I'm okay for WFB this week, but I have no CTR cover now and will definitely be strongly considering Talau next week if he looks at home in the Eagles squad this weekend.

I'm rolling out the Burbo/Strange combo and I'm hoping this week sheds some light on whether Talau might actually be a better playing option than Strange, as they hopefully both make some coin.
    Revraiser
    Revraiser
    Fanatic

NRL Fantasy 2024 Part 13 - He looks good, but what do the Reserve Grade stats say - Page 28 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2024 Part 13 - He looks good, but what do the Reserve Grade stats say

Post by Revraiser Wed Mar 13, 2024 9:55 pm

The Bludger#2 wrote:

I still recall the great debate over whether Edwards was an NRL standard player or not.
    Ah, good times.
    Coffee

I could swear u have been around longer than 2022, haven't u ?

Last edited by Revraiser on Thu Mar 14, 2024 7:58 am; edited 1 time in total
    manlybeaver
    manlybeaver

Post by manlybeaver Wed Mar 13, 2024 9:56 pm

Ponga Yeo the Mann wrote:Murray owners worried or just me?

Was set on tesi to Tallis but looks like that might be off the menu too

No clear moves for me without double trading and ditching a tatola or toups who I’d normally leave another week or two until I have more info
    I'm abit worried also but his an easy upgrade to hynes or clearly, I have neither atm so will use him to get one after their byes.
    ynot
    ynot

Post by ynot Wed Mar 13, 2024 9:58 pm

mattnz wrote:

Guessing Latrell is off the chart in these stats.

Percentiles would be a really nice addition. Hmm.
    wolfking
    wolfking
    Fanatics Immortal

Post by wolfking Wed Mar 13, 2024 9:58 pm

Didn't Murray play edge during the WC last year and brained it? About 5 tries or something. I wouldn't be too worried. Is he running at Mam and Piakura? Could score big.
    Revraiser
    Revraiser
    Fanatic

Post by Revraiser Wed Mar 13, 2024 9:59 pm

WT Winfield wrote:

The rest of us are total pricks is what you're saying?

I thought you would've learned after Chewie buried half the forum last year..

Yeah this is big, damn. I'm bookmarking this one.

Meet you at the roundtable Winfield.
    manlybeaver
    manlybeaver

Post by manlybeaver Wed Mar 13, 2024 9:59 pm

Also if Murray gets dpp he will be a top 3 edge for the year most likely with fifta and hopgood
    rhinoceroo
    rhinoceroo
    Fanatic

Post by rhinoceroo Wed Mar 13, 2024 10:00 pm

Teeth Eater wrote:Talau is the talk of the town on a lot of Supercoach podcasts. Dudes seem certain he'll be on the end of a points party surrounded by Turbo and the boyz.

I ended up going with Tuaupiki in my team, kind of thinking ahead to not play Cotric in this round (which is now a non-issue anyway) so I'm okay for WFB this week, but I have no CTR cover now and will definitely be strongly considering Talau next week if he looks at home in the Eagles squad this weekend.

I'm rolling out the Burbo/Strange combo and I'm hoping this week sheds some light on whether Talau might actually be a better playing option than Strange, as they hopefully both make some coin.

Supercoach rewards tries to a far greater extent than fantasy, doesn't it? Only needs a couple in a few weeks to jack his price there, and in that team fair to hope he'll get them. Still could also be ok in fantasy but upside is lower.
    mattnz
    Fanatic

Post by mattnz Wed Mar 13, 2024 10:01 pm

Teeth Eater wrote:Talau is the talk of the town on a lot of Supercoach podcasts. Dudes seem certain he'll be on the end of a points party surrounded by Turbo and the boyz.

I can see him being more like Tuipolotu (27 average on the wing with Turbo playing), than Garrick (44 average on the wing with Turbo playing)
    wolfking
    wolfking
    Fanatics Immortal

Post by wolfking Wed Mar 13, 2024 10:03 pm

I really dont want Tups in my team.  I'll more than likely hold as I don't feel comfortable using my bank to get May and see him get 35-40 minutes for a sub 50 score.  I think if he guns it again he's still worth the pickup.

I am however wondering if Cheese is still a viable trade in option or even just take Smithies this week and hope for the best next week.

Last edited by wolfking on Wed Mar 13, 2024 10:04 pm; edited 1 time in total
    rhinoceroo
    rhinoceroo
    Fanatic

Post by rhinoceroo Wed Mar 13, 2024 10:04 pm

wolfking wrote:Didn't Murray play edge during the WC last year and brained it?  About 5 tries or something.  I wouldn't be too worried.  Is he running at Mam and Piakura?  Could score big.

Have no doubts that Murray will be a fantastic in real life edge. Doesn't always translate to fantasy, and playing for Australia vs Greece or whoever about as useful as NSW Cup stats when comparing to a bottom four side playing against a run of teams who are better than them 😉
    Mulvy
    Mulvy

Post by Mulvy Wed Mar 13, 2024 10:04 pm

danseels1985 wrote:

How many more games do we think that Warriors FB gets before CNK is back? I’m not crazy about the options either but it really is lose Kini for Talau just to have a team. I’ll cautiously put my team up just so you know my situation(don’t worry everyone it won’t be a regular thing)

Grant
    Haas Cotter Sitili
    Piakura Smithies
    Cleary Hutch
    Strange Burbo
    Papy Walsh Kini

Luki
    Wong
    Cheese
    Levi
    Chan
    Salmon
    Flanagan
    Hughes

Yeah that makes it tough. Personally I don't see many sells there, so grab a WFB I suppose.
    mattnz
    Fanatic

Post by mattnz Wed Mar 13, 2024 10:04 pm

wolfking wrote:Didn't Murray play edge during the WC last year and brained it?  About 5 tries or something.  I wouldn't be too worried.  Is he running at Mam and Piakura?  Could score big.

We have seen other mobile locks scoring well at EDG last season, both Horse (62 average) and Hopgood (69 in 1 game).
    Revraiser
    Revraiser
    Fanatic

Post by Revraiser Wed Mar 13, 2024 10:06 pm

GreenSchist wrote:

How am I meant to make an informed decision without any Reserve grade stats?

Ask his PE teacher on Insta u doofus

rhinoceroo
    rhinoceroo
    Fanatic

Post by rhinoceroo Wed Mar 13, 2024 10:06 pm

mattnz wrote:

I can see him being more like Tuipolotu (27 average on the wing with Turbo playing), than Garrick (44 average on the wing with Turbo playing)

Wouldn't it make more sense to look at Saab and Vaega, seeing as they're on the DCE (not the Turbo) wing where he's actually playing. Massive variance in Saab scores. Could be a run of teens or could make huge money, total gamble as to whether he hits a couple of high games in the time he has.
    wolfking
    wolfking
    Fanatics Immortal

Post by wolfking Wed Mar 13, 2024 10:07 pm

rhinoceroo wrote:

Have no doubts that Murray will be a fantastic in real life edge. Doesn't always translate to fantasy, and playing for Australia vs Greece or whoever about as useful as NSW Cup stats when comparing to a bottom four side playing against a run of teams who are better than them 😉

Murray is playing edge for the Bunnies mate, not the Broncos.
    wolfking
    wolfking
    Fanatics Immortal

Post by wolfking Wed Mar 13, 2024 10:09 pm

mattnz wrote:

We have seen other mobile locks scoring well at EDG last season, both Horse (62 average) and Hopgood (69 in 1 game).

Yeah, I think Murray will be able to score just as well, potentially even better if he gets a lot of ball.
    RandomSil
    RandomSil

Post by RandomSil Wed Mar 13, 2024 10:12 pm

Snatchpato wrote:
    Liverpool_Bulldog wrote:

Oh geez that’s rough Mulvy. I do remember a time though when my trade ideas wore a few down
    Your trade ideas and persistent badgering of the forum for help isn't a nuisance because you both provide reasoning behind who you're considering, and also interact with those that offer you advice. Others on the forum simply pop in, ask for advice, and leave it at that.

With that said I know Dan has mentioned many times that he really doesn't have time to be on the forum for long periods of time, but values the collective wisdom on here which is why he asks questions but overall doesn't contribute much. I think that's fine, and if you don't, I think that's fine too. If it pisses you off that much, block him and never worry about it again.

Snatch out here being all adult like and shit.
    mattnz
    Fanatic

Post by mattnz Wed Mar 13, 2024 10:13 pm

wolfking wrote:

Yeah, I think Murray will be able to score just as well, potentially even better if he gets a lot of ball.

If Seyfarth can hit a 54 average at EDG just through work rate, surely Murray should be able to hit 60.
    WT Winfield
    WT Winfield

Post by WT Winfield Wed Mar 13, 2024 10:21 pm

wolfking wrote:

Moving to the EDG usually slows his scoring down in my experience. I'd hold and hope it doesn't last long and might bag a try or two to offset a few less tackles and metres.

Current date/time is Sun Sep 08, 2024 11:27 am