NRL Fantasy Fanatics

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

NRL Fantasy Fanatics

NRL Fantasy Fanatics - A place for discussion of NRL Fantasy / Virtual Sports / Super Coach and other Fantasy Sports

NRL Fantasy 2024 Part 13 - He looks good, but what do the Reserve Grade stats say

Revraiser
    Revraiser
    Fanatic

NRL Fantasy 2024 Part 13 - He looks good, but what do the Reserve Grade stats say - Page 40 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2024 Part 13 - He looks good, but what do the Reserve Grade stats say

Post by Revraiser Thu Mar 14, 2024 1:13 pm

I keep seeing Haas captain referred to as some sort of risky play, surely he is 2nd  or 3rd in line as a cappy choice every week ?
    wolfking
    wolfking
    Fanatics Immortal

NRL Fantasy 2024 Part 13 - He looks good, but what do the Reserve Grade stats say - Page 40 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2024 Part 13 - He looks good, but what do the Reserve Grade stats say

Post by wolfking Thu Mar 14, 2024 1:16 pm

Cleary will want some redemption, I'm sticking with him.

Post by Guest Thu Mar 14, 2024 1:21 pm

wolfking wrote:I'm actually more tempted now to dump Tups for Smithies.  Why would Ricky buy Smithies if he was only going to be a bench prop for 40 minutes?  Can see Horse going into Front row rotation with Tapine and pushing Papa to the bench.  I think Papa is the one that will start to get minutes managed a little more.

I think you're right. Smithies is a consistent workhorse, not an impact player. You would think Ricky would be happy to see him go as long as he can if he can keep the intensity up. His role would be very specific, just go out there and tackle everything until you can't. If he has the fitness I can see him playing big minutes.
    ForanAgainst
    ForanAgainst

Post by ForanAgainst Thu Mar 14, 2024 1:24 pm

kamikamicameleons wrote:

Those facebook groups are a shambles..my favourite post recently on one was

"Need a player for 627k"

I need to find said post, and screenshot all available players at or below that price, and reply with that.
    easytiger
    easytiger

NRL FF Survivor Champion : 2022

Post by easytiger Thu Mar 14, 2024 1:26 pm

The Bludger#2 wrote:Real question for anyone within inside info for Souths:
    Is Duncan becoming a trap if Arrow is likely back soon, added to the news that he is carrying a calf strain injury?
    If so, I have the cash to switch him to Liddle (or anyone up to $600k), position isn't an issue.
    Or, downgrade to Seyfarth (Tigers!!) and build more bank for a trade to a gun later.

Can the GGG provide me with some "meaningful feedback"?
    king

I don't know about that, but have a lazy upvote

I personally think you can wait a week on Duncan (or not at all if Arrow is back in 3)
    easytiger
    easytiger

NRL FF Survivor Champion : 2022

Post by easytiger Thu Mar 14, 2024 1:28 pm

Revraiser wrote:I keep seeing Haas captain referred to as some sort of risky play, surely he is 2nd  or 3rd in line as a cappy choice every week ?

This is true, but the risk is that we know Cleary will score 100+ probably a couple of times this year, will it be this week?
    Loomer
    Loomer
    Fanatic

Post by Loomer Thu Mar 14, 2024 1:40 pm

Revraiser wrote:I keep seeing Haas captain referred to as some sort of risky play, surely he is 2nd  or 3rd in line as a cappy choice every week ?

Haas or Cleary for me. Could leave on Haas another week. Who saying Haas risky C?
    Bethany_B
    Bethany_B

Post by Bethany_B Thu Mar 14, 2024 1:42 pm

wolfking wrote:Cleary will want some redemption, I'm sticking with him.

When in doubt always follow rule 1 - Buy Nathan Cleary, Captain Nathan Cleary

hymenbustas
    hymenbustas

Post by hymenbustas Thu Mar 14, 2024 1:51 pm

Anyone keeping Pong or considering downgrading to Teddy/Turbo? Thinking Pong > Turbo, Tups > May
    L-Jimmy
    L-Jimmy

Post by L-Jimmy Thu Mar 14, 2024 1:53 pm

hymenbustas wrote:Anyone keeping Pong or considering downgrading to Teddy/Turbo? Thinking Pong > Turbo, Tups > May

That's pretty sideways, considering you want Pongdong in your final 17, and Turbo has a slight injury history.
    mattnz
    Fanatic

Post by mattnz Thu Mar 14, 2024 1:54 pm

BaldShitTruck wrote:

I think you're right. Smithies is a consistent workhorse, not an impact player. You would think Ricky would be happy to see him go as long as he can if he can keep the intensity up. His role would be very specific, just go out there and tackle everything until you can't. If he has the fitness I can see him playing big minutes.

I am expecting when Horse is back, Tapine is heavily impacted for minutes. Ricky loves any excuse to reduce his minutes.
    Milchcow
    Milchcow

Post by Milchcow Thu Mar 14, 2024 2:12 pm

Only in the sense that its risky to captain anyone who doesn't have a slightly large chin and play halfback for the Panthers
    Milchcow
    Milchcow

Post by Milchcow Thu Mar 14, 2024 2:13 pm

hymenbustas wrote:Anyone keeping Pong or considering downgrading to Teddy/Turbo? Thinking Pong > Turbo, Tups > May

No.

Trading out your gun WFB after 1 poor score is going to be a waste more often than not

What if Ponga scores 82 this week and Trbo scores 40.? Do you trade back again in week 3.
    wolfking
    wolfking
    Fanatics Immortal

Post by wolfking Thu Mar 14, 2024 2:15 pm

If I had Ponga there's no way I'd be trading him out. Crazy talk.
    Milchcow
    Milchcow

Post by Milchcow Thu Mar 14, 2024 2:19 pm

Everyone is pretty keen on waiting a week, for almost all the popular trade in targets.

And whilst saving trades is good, you have to be careful about funds.
    If the player scores well enough for you to want to trade them in - they could make as much as $40-50k
    And the player you want to trade out might drop another $20k

It becomes a bigger problem if all 4 of the guys on your watch list score well, and you want to trade them all in.

At some point you have to make a call with imperfect information, and take a risk on someone.
    If people want to emulate Booze's winning strategy last year - the best thing he did was trade in the right guys at the right time - he wasn't waiting weeks just to realise that they were worth having.
    Revraiser
    Revraiser
    Fanatic

Post by Revraiser Thu Mar 14, 2024 2:22 pm

easytiger wrote:

This is true, but the risk is that we know Cleary will score 100+ probably a couple of times this year,  will it be this week?

Loomer wrote:

Haas or Cleary for me. Could leave on Haas another week. Who saying Haas risky C?

Milchcow wrote:

Only in the sense that its risky to captain anyone who doesn't have a slightly large chin and play halfback for the Panthers

And only since I said this have I now began to question my Haas (c) choice this week scratch
    mattnz
    Fanatic

Post by mattnz Thu Mar 14, 2024 2:26 pm

Milchcow wrote:
    Everyone is pretty keen on waiting a week, for almost all the popular trade in targets.

If the player scores well enough for you to want to trade them in - they could make as much as $40-50k

It becomes a bigger problem if all 4 of the guys on your watch list score well, and you want to trade them all in.

At some point you have to make a call with imperfect information, and take a risk on someone.
    If people want to emulate Booze's winning strategy last year - the best thing he did was trade in the right guys at the right time - he wasn't waiting weeks just to realise that they were worth having.

Thats my theory too, making a leap of faith. It is something that is unique to fantasy, that supercoach doesn't have.

Last season jumping early on JDB, Horse etc made a huge difference. As soon as someone has the role that you want, even if the scoring may not have matched, its a good time to get onto them.

Both these guys are perfect examples :

Horse - we knew he was a high PPM player with a big engine from lower grades. When he got 70 minutes as starting lock, even though he only scored 46, it was time to grab him.

JDB - had dropped cash and got back his previous 80 minute high work rate role, became an immediate buy.

It is also a game of rich get richer, if you are always a trade or 2 ahead of the pack, it compounds. You are getting the next great buy a week ahead as well.
    Camo123
    Camo123
    Fanatic

Post by Camo123 Thu Mar 14, 2024 2:27 pm

Milchcow wrote:

I think on the mid range MIDs there’s a great deal of info you can get from this 1 week of waiting

Whether Lolo/Cotter go back to normal mins if not blowout
    McInnes mins (even though I’ve labelled as sell on other platforms)
    Roosters rotation with JWH and no injury to EDG (if no injury)
    Rabbitohs rotation with Murray/Duncan/4 mid bench (again being a bit hypocritical as selling Tatola lol)
    Team list with Horsburgh back next week
    my tv broke
    my tv broke
    Fanatics Immortal

Post by my tv broke Thu Mar 14, 2024 2:31 pm

Camo123 wrote:I think on the mid range MIDs there’s a great deal of info you can get from this 1 week of waiting

Week 1 is generally the best time to wait. Round 1 is usually a bit of an outlier in terms of how things play out. This is just my experience and it has typically served me well. I agree with Milch though, there is a time and place to just pull the trigger. And I'm pulling the trigger this week. Mostly for fun.

Your season generally isnt defined by one or two bad moves.
    Rabbits21
    Rabbits21
    Fanatic

Post by Rabbits21 Thu Mar 14, 2024 2:35 pm

The Bludger#2 wrote:Real question for anyone within inside info for Souths:
    Is Duncan becoming a trap if Arrow is likely back soon, added to the news that he is carrying a calf strain injury?
    If so, I have the cash to switch him to Liddle (or anyone up to $600k), position isn't an issue.
    Or, downgrade to Seyfarth (Tigers!!) and build more bank for a trade to a gun later.

Can the GGG provide me with some "meaningful feedback"?
    king
    I have a feeling we won’t see Arrow til round 8 just a gut feel I could be wrong if we keep on losing.

Duncan should be over the calf issue now.

Current date/time is Tue Sep 17, 2024 5:43 am