NRL Fantasy Fanatics

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

NRL Fantasy Fanatics

NRL Fantasy Fanatics - A place for discussion of NRL Fantasy / Virtual Sports / Super Coach and other Fantasy Sports

NRL Fantasy 2024 Part 13 - He looks good, but what do the Reserve Grade stats say

The Bludger#2
    The Bludger#2

NRL Fantasy 2024 Part 13 - He looks good, but what do the Reserve Grade stats say - Page 41 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2024 Part 13 - He looks good, but what do the Reserve Grade stats say

Post by The Bludger#2 Thu Mar 14, 2024 2:36 pm

No Worries wrote:

cmon download a few previous exams from online, supply the cribs link and tell them to read to chapter 7.

12 weeks leave
    6 hour days
    who wouldn't be a teacher
    Fishing  
    :pp:

We just sit around doing nothing ... right?
    Or, "Those who can't do, teach."
    lol!
    multiple.scoregasms
    multiple.scoregasms
    Fanatic

NRL Fantasy 2024 Part 13 - He looks good, but what do the Reserve Grade stats say - Page 41 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2024 Part 13 - He looks good, but what do the Reserve Grade stats say

Post by multiple.scoregasms Thu Mar 14, 2024 2:37 pm

Rabbits21 wrote:
    Spoiler:

My usual game day preview

Literally unreadable when you call the ref Jerry and Gerry

0/10 would not recommend to a friend
    Revraiser
    Revraiser
    Fanatic

Post by Revraiser Thu Mar 14, 2024 2:40 pm

Broncos running roughshod tonight, Haas for a pie
    Milchcow
    Milchcow

Post by Milchcow Thu Mar 14, 2024 2:42 pm

Camo123 wrote:
    I think on the mid range MIDs there’s a great deal of info you can get from this 1 week of waiting

Whether Lolo/Cotter go back to normal mins if not blowout
    McInnes mins (even though I’ve labelled as sell on other platforms)
    Roosters rotation with JWH and no injury to EDG (if no injury)
    Rabbitohs rotation with Murray/Duncan/4 mid bench (again being a bit hypocritical as selling Tatola lol)
    Team list with Horsburgh back next week

Certainly with some of the round 1 scores and deciding to trade out or not, there is a good reason to wait a week.
    Wong, Sitili, Taumalolo could all get much different minutes this week (in fact, I'd be surprised if the rotation didn't change) Obviously Piakura too with the HIA

Someone like McInnes - I didn't think was a buy in the first place, so my biased opinion would be to sell as nothing happened to suggest my initial thoughts were wrong

Its more for guys like Duncan, and some of the Tiger options. If Galvin or Seyfarth are a buy, then this is as cheap as they'll be, possibly by a decent amount of cash.
    if they aren't a buy you win by not trading them.
    So have to make a call on how likely they are to do well, and I think if you can get it right, much better of moving this week
    Liverpool_Bulldog
    Liverpool_Bulldog
    Fanatic

Post by Liverpool_Bulldog Thu Mar 14, 2024 2:43 pm

Of the guys that seem popular I think the one I’d most like to bring in is probably Sullivan. Hutchison and Strange didn’t set the world on fire in Round 1 so could quite easily move on to Sullivan.

Also keen on Seyfarth, but if there’s anyway to ruin a decent Round 1 it might be trading in two tigers for Round 2
    Welsh Mafia
    Welsh Mafia

Post by Welsh Mafia Thu Mar 14, 2024 2:44 pm

People with Cotter, are you pulling the trigger on Terrell? Gap this week is 60k, if Terrell goes similar, it will likely be around 20k and it'll be a must trade.

kamikamicameleons
    kamikamicameleons

Post by kamikamicameleons Thu Mar 14, 2024 2:46 pm

ForanAgainst wrote:

I need to find said post, and screenshot all available players at or below that price, and reply with that.

Hahaha, do it.

It was in "NRL Fantasy Talk"
    manlybeaver
    manlybeaver

Post by manlybeaver Thu Mar 14, 2024 2:46 pm

Can't get over the top teams, team value. Pretty much none had 21 starting players yet they pretty much have the highest team value. They all pretty much hit every player that hit over there b/e bloody crazy for rnd 1
    manlybeaver
    manlybeaver

Post by manlybeaver Thu Mar 14, 2024 2:49 pm

Khany wrote:

Did consider looping him, but Cotric plays before him.

Don't forget that you can still loop by having cotric in your starting 13 by organizing your team right depending on how it's structured
    The Bludger#2
    The Bludger#2

Post by The Bludger#2 Thu Mar 14, 2024 2:54 pm

manlybeaver wrote:Can't get over the top teams, team value. Pretty much none had 21 starting players yet they pretty much have the highest team value. They all pretty much hit every player that hit over there b/e bloody crazy for rnd 1

Talk about going PODs, not one of the top 5 teams are running with Cleary or Hynes.
    I know they struck gold in Rd.1, but they won't stay there with some of those selections.
    Aardvark Ratnick
    Aardvark Ratnick

Post by Aardvark Ratnick Thu Mar 14, 2024 2:58 pm

The Bludger#2 wrote:

Talk about going PODs, not one of the top 5 teams are running with Cleary or Hynes.
    I know they struck gold in Rd.1, but they won't stay there with some of those selections.

I concur , watch some heavy hitters in the FOG league rise to the top.
    syn13
    syn13

Post by syn13 Thu Mar 14, 2024 2:59 pm

Think I’ve narrowed trades down to 2 options, either Lolo+Flanno>Koro+Galvin or Lolo+Kini>Liddle+Galvin, leaning more towards the first one, I like Koro more than Liddle, Kini is more of an out than Flanno but then I can’t afford Koro and I have no WFB/CTR backup, plus I didn’t even really want Flanno in the first place, he was the pivot when Palasia was taken off the table late.
    mattnz
    Fanatic

Post by mattnz Thu Mar 14, 2024 2:59 pm

Liverpool_Bulldog wrote:Of the guys that seem popular I think the one I’d most like to bring in is probably Sullivan. Hutchison and Strange didn’t set the world on fire in Round 1 so could quite easily move on to Sullivan.

Also keen on Seyfarth, but i6f there’s anyway to ruin a decent Round 1 it might be trading in two tigers for Round 2
    Sullivan isn't a popular trade in at all.

Post by Guest Thu Mar 14, 2024 3:01 pm

hymenbustas wrote:Anyone keeping Pong or considering downgrading to Teddy/Turbo? Thinking Pong > Turbo, Tups > May

Was thinking about it during the week.

Came to my senses, think I had to hear it from others that it was a dumb idea to snap me out of it and there is nothing worse than ditching a gun and they go big. He may start slower than expected but at the end of the season he will be worth it.

I've cut some anchors and got rid of Lolo and Tatola to bring in Tohu and flip flopping between May and Smithies. If Turbo backs up from round one with another good performance I might bring him in for Rapana and Tuaupiki I'm a couple of weeks

t43597
    t43597

Post by t43597 Thu Mar 14, 2024 3:02 pm

Welsh Mafia wrote:People with Cotter, are you pulling the trigger on Terrell? Gap this week is 60k, if Terrell goes similar, it will likely be around 20k and it'll be a must trade.

Nope. I think Cotter should still be decent for his price and while getting May in could be considered a priority, i think there should be better ways to get him in - unless you've absolutely nailed the rest of your team. Cotter is always a chance for more attacking stats and even if he doesnt get huge minutes, his floor is decent. I think if you bought him you must rate him and i dont think there is too much new information to suggest that he should be sold. Yes, we dont quite know the minutes distribution for the Cowboys yet but i dont see that being a big enough issue to warrant trading Cotter this early.

I guess if you really cant find another plan to get May, then it could be the go but i think there are likely more pressing issues for the vast majority of teams.
    Rabbits21
    Rabbits21
    Fanatic

Post by Rabbits21 Thu Mar 14, 2024 3:06 pm

Milchcow wrote:
    Everyone is pretty keen on waiting a week, for almost all the popular trade in targets.

And whilst saving trades is good, you have to be careful about funds.
    If the player scores well enough for you to want to trade them in - they could make as much as $40-50k
    And the player you want to trade out might drop another $20k

It becomes a bigger problem if all 4 of the guys on your watch list score well, and you want to trade them all in.

At some point you have to make a call with imperfect information, and take a risk on someone.
    If people want to emulate Booze's winning strategy last year - the best thing he did was trade in the right guys at the right time - he wasn't waiting weeks just to realise that they were worth having.

Making me tempted to go back to Cotter to Fog given we know every 3rd-4th week Payten will fuck with Cotter mins and we won’t end up with the low 60’s mins we need it’ll likely be about a 57mins avg
    Yet again out of trades

Post by Yet again out of trades Thu Mar 14, 2024 3:07 pm

Still very undecided about making a trade this week or not and also if I switch the cap back to Cleary or Give it another week
    Milchcow
    Milchcow

Post by Milchcow Thu Mar 14, 2024 3:10 pm

manlybeaver wrote:Can't get over the top teams, team value. Pretty much none had 21 starting players yet they pretty much have the highest team value. They all pretty much hit every player that hit over there b/e bloody crazy for rnd 1

There are so many teams that register, that the round 1 leaders will always be whichever team happened to fluke a few of the guys who scored well and avoided a bunch of popular duds.

Of the current top teams, most, if not all , will drop out of the top 100 within a few weeks. I wouldn't worry about them as teams to beat
    Welsh Mafia
    Welsh Mafia

Post by Welsh Mafia Thu Mar 14, 2024 3:19 pm

How do you find player fantasy stats for the playoffs last year?
    Lchy
    Lchy

Post by Lchy Thu Mar 14, 2024 3:22 pm

I didn't even know you could view your upvote stats on here. I'm 1927/1012 for reference. What piques my interest is that I've gotten 1190 upvotes but my reputation is 1202 and now I'm wondering where the difference of 12 comes from

Current date/time is Thu Sep 19, 2024 11:32 am