NRL Fantasy Fanatics

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

NRL Fantasy Fanatics

NRL Fantasy Fanatics - A place for discussion of NRL Fantasy / Virtual Sports / Super Coach and other Fantasy Sports

NRL Fantasy 2024 Part 13 - He looks good, but what do the Reserve Grade stats say

BroncosSabres
    BroncosSabres

NRL Fantasy 2024 Part 13 - He looks good, but what do the Reserve Grade stats say - Page 29 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2024 Part 13 - He looks good, but what do the Reserve Grade stats say

Post by BroncosSabres Wed Mar 13, 2024 10:22 pm

Just tuned in. Has everybody gone cold on Tallis because of the news that he'll primarily play lock? That's what the reserve grade stats say right?

Asking mostly because I want him, but don't have a good way to get him without downgrading a gun, so hoping for confirmation that he's a dud now thanks.
    Teeth Eater
    Teeth Eater

NRL Fantasy 2024 Part 13 - He looks good, but what do the Reserve Grade stats say - Page 29 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2024 Part 13 - He looks good, but what do the Reserve Grade stats say

Post by Teeth Eater Wed Mar 13, 2024 10:22 pm

rhinoceroo wrote:

Wouldn't it make more sense to look at Saab and Vaega, seeing as they're on the DCE (not the Turbo) wing where he's actually playing. Massive variance in Saab scores. Could be a run of teens or could make huge money, total gamble as to whether he hits a couple of high games in the time he has.

Yeah, I must admit that when I've been assessing him in my head I'm thinking of Saab (without the speed) more than anyone. I remember Saab had that massive run a few years ago on the back of Turbo, but yeah, mostly hay bales between such occasions. But I guess that's the hope this time around.

I don't have Turbo in my team, though, so I'm hoping for no such thing.
    Teeth Eater
    Teeth Eater

Post by Teeth Eater Wed Mar 13, 2024 10:24 pm

BroncosSabres wrote:Just tuned in. Has everybody gone cold on Tallis because of the news that he'll primarily play lock? That's what the reserve grade stats say right?

Asking mostly because I want him, but don't have a good way to get him without downgrading a gun, so hoping for confirmation that he's a dud now thanks.

I haven't read much back, but I'm assuming it's probably more to do with the fact that Arrow is only out 3-4 weeks.

I'm still probably going to take the punt, though, because I thrive on doing stupid shit when it comes to Fantasy.
    BroncosSabres
    BroncosSabres

Post by BroncosSabres Wed Mar 13, 2024 10:26 pm

Teeth Eater wrote:

I haven't read much back, but I'm assuming it's probably more to do with the fact that Arrow is only out 3-4 weeks.

I'm still probably going to take the punt, though, because I thrive on doing stupid shit when it comes to Fantasy.

Source for the Arrow news? I Wasn't aware they'd ruled out the surgery already. Sorry to rehash this if it's pages and pages back.
    mickspicks
    mickspicks

Post by mickspicks Wed Mar 13, 2024 10:28 pm

BroncosSabres wrote:Just tuned in. Has everybody gone cold on Tallis because of the news that he'll primarily play lock? That's what the reserve grade stats say right?

Splitting minutes with Havilii. Probably gets 40 tops.
    whall15
    whall15

Post by whall15 Wed Mar 13, 2024 10:29 pm

GreenSchist wrote:

How am I meant to make an informed decision without any Reserve grade stats?

He scored 30 in the pre-season challenge haha
    mattnz
    Fanatic

Post by mattnz Wed Mar 13, 2024 10:30 pm

Also watch out for MCK being on the bench, which would likely mean very few minutes, with Murray moving to lock.
    Honeysett
    Honeysett

Post by Honeysett Wed Mar 13, 2024 10:33 pm

Revraiser wrote:
    Honeysett wrote:I've been out the game a couple years, and never that Fantasy relevant. Aside from being the most decorated mod in Forum history... But isn't it a bad idea to trade out a gun like Ponga off one average score? You got him in because he's an absolute game changer and can score insanely well. Trade guns if they don't have a role you like or someone else is impacted their scores but don't do it off round 1 and poor scores.

I thought Ur rep was all about your hands, handsome hands �

The hands are gorgeous of course, they've just got three mod champ rings on them.
    WT Winfield
    WT Winfield

Post by WT Winfield Wed Mar 13, 2024 10:33 pm

BroncosSabres wrote:

Source for the Arrow news? I Wasn't aware they'd ruled out the surgery already. Sorry to rehash this if it's pages and pages back.

“He’s got a rehab process over the next three or four weeks to strengthen his shoulder... I’m more than confident that he’ll be back playing for the rest of the season.” Demetriou said.

https://www.nrl.com/news/2024/01/01/nrl-casualty-ward-latest-injury-news-return-dates-and-details/

Not sure people are cold, more give it a week and see what happens, especially with not many trade out candidates. Only goes up 10-15k with a 40-45 score. Maybe get news of Arrow opting for the surgery next week.
    Teeth Eater
    Teeth Eater

Post by Teeth Eater Wed Mar 13, 2024 10:45 pm

WT Winfield wrote:

“He’s got a rehab process over the next three or four weeks to strengthen his shoulder... I’m more than confident that he’ll be back playing for the rest of the season.” Demetriou said.

https://www.nrl.com/news/2024/01/01/nrl-casualty-ward-latest-injury-news-return-dates-and-details/

Not sure people are cold, more give it a week and see what happens, especially with not many trade out candidates. Only goes up 10-15k with a 40-45 score. Maybe get news of Arrow opting for the surgery next week.

That'd definitely be the sensible way to do it. Sadly, for me, I can bring him in this week for Cotric with 4K spare. So even if he goes up 5K this week things get ugly next week. I'm not bringing him in confident he'll be a great pick up, but I think in my situation he's worth a shot. If it works out, good times. If not, maybe Seyfarth or Talau can cushion the fall. Don't like thinking like that, though.

Plus, I don't have any Bunnies in my team and I like to have an investment in every match. Just need a Cowboy and Dolphin now...
    WT Winfield
    WT Winfield

Post by WT Winfield Wed Mar 13, 2024 10:56 pm

Teeth Eater wrote:

That'd definitely be the sensible way to do it. Sadly, for me, I can bring him in this week for Cotric with 4K spare. So even if he goes up 5K this week things get ugly next week. I'm not bringing him in confident he'll be a great pick up, but I think in my situation he's worth a shot. If it works out, good times. If not, maybe Seyfarth or Talau can cushion the fall. Don't like thinking like that, though.

Plus, I don't have any Bunnies in my team and I like to have an investment in every match. Just need a Cowboy and Dolphin now...

I don't mind it. I thought about holding Cotric as a loop (potentially ends up 18th man, so tread carefully people) and a good chance he's back starting if there's any injuries to the backline. I can afford Cotric to May this week though, so likely to pull the trigger. Duncan could be a better option for 100k less, so can't criticise the move. Both could be beastly.
    Pookus McFly
    Pookus McFly

Post by Pookus McFly Wed Mar 13, 2024 11:04 pm

I see a lot of teams ordering their players in MID and WFB with with biggest gun positioned in the middle (field layout only). I do not care at all for this arrangement, which is completely and utterly wrong, and I want it known now and henceforth that the proper positioning is to have your highest priced player to the left, moving right in descending order of price. There is a particular bug in my fantasy app (and maybe yours too, who knows) where if I try to swap a player from right to left it just plain doesnt work, but if try to swap them from left to right it works just fine. Some would say this is merely a glitch, but I think that in my Fantasy team there is a clear hierarchy where a higher calibre player needs to give their permission to move down a tier. I think this conclusively proves that the biggest gun goes to the far left, and that any fantasy delinquents who put their guns in middle for nothing more than aesthetic taste are harbingers of chaos who should repent on their ne’er-do-well ways and start ordering your players in a proper civilised manner before your blasphemous positioning choices cause the downfall of society.
    WT Winfield
    WT Winfield

Post by WT Winfield Wed Mar 13, 2024 11:08 pm

Pookus McFly wrote:I see a lot of teams ordering their players in MID and WFB with with biggest gun positioned in the middle (field layout only). I do not care at all for this arrangement, which is completely and utterly wrong, and I want it known now and henceforth that the proper positioning is to have your highest priced player to the left, moving right in descending order of price. There is a particular bug in my fantasy app (and maybe yours too, who knows) where if I try to swap a player from right to left it just plain doesnt work, but if try to swap them from left to right it works just fine. Some would say this is merely a glitch, but I think that in my Fantasy team there is a clear hierarchy where a higher calibre player needs to give their permission to move down a tier. I think this conclusively proves that the biggest gun goes to the far left, and that any fantasy delinquents who put their guns in middle for nothing more than aesthetic taste are harbingers of chaos who should repent on their ne’er-do-well ways and start ordering your players in a proper civilised manner before your blasphemous positioning choices cause the downfall of society.

Teddy always goes in the middle for me. Best FB in the world. Everyone else can play wing.
    Teeth Eater
    Teeth Eater

Post by Teeth Eater Wed Mar 13, 2024 11:11 pm

WT Winfield wrote:

I don't mind it. I thought about holding Cotric as a loop (potentially ends up 18th man, so tread carefully people) and a good chance he's back starting if there's any injuries to the backline. I can afford Cotric to May this week though, so likely to pull the trigger. Duncan could be a better option for 100k less, so can't criticise the move. Both could be beastly.

Yeah, if I was in that position I'd definitely be inclined to do one of those things. Hard to say which one as I do desire May, but the price difference is solid.

I personally have no time for the Cotrics of the Fantasy world. Definitely a few scenarios where he's back in the fold, but I wasn't ever sold on him anyway, so being a red dot this week is a red hot sign, to me, to just move on. I've held a lot of players over the years, some may argue for way longer than I should have (Matterson a few years ago rings a bell), but they're players I want in my team. Cotric is not one of those folk.
    rhinoceroo
    rhinoceroo
    Fanatic

Post by rhinoceroo Wed Mar 13, 2024 11:11 pm

WT Winfield wrote:

Teddy always goes in the middle for me. Best FB in the world. Everyone else can play wing.

Agree with this. Top prop on the left, top WFB in the middle.
    Teeth Eater
    Teeth Eater

Post by Teeth Eater Wed Mar 13, 2024 11:15 pm

Pookus McFly wrote:I see a lot of teams ordering their players in MID and WFB with with biggest gun positioned in the middle (field layout only). I do not care at all for this arrangement, which is completely and utterly wrong, and I want it known now and henceforth that the proper positioning is to have your highest priced player to the left, moving right in descending order of price. There is a particular bug in my fantasy app (and maybe yours too, who knows) where if I try to swap a player from right to left it just plain doesnt work, but if try to swap them from left to right it works just fine. Some would say this is merely a glitch, but I think that in my Fantasy team there is a clear hierarchy where a higher calibre player needs to give their permission to move down a tier. I think this conclusively proves that the biggest gun goes to the far left, and that any fantasy delinquents who put their guns in middle for nothing more than aesthetic taste are harbingers of chaos who should repent on their ne’er-do-well ways and start ordering your players in a proper civilised manner before your blasphemous positioning choices cause the downfall of society.

I always order mine from left to right, highest averaging player to biggest spud.

So at the moment, my WFB actually reads Tuaupiki / Ponga / Pappy. So, by default, I guess I am who you reference in your first sentence. But Ponga is only in the middle because he is currently my second best WFB. Nothing would make me happier than to shift him to the left, but only when he has earned it. Wink
    Mulvy
    Mulvy

Post by Mulvy Wed Mar 13, 2024 11:15 pm

I couldn't agree more! I would go one step further and ban all teams that don't follow the format. I'll bet they are the same filthy degenerates that put a new toilet roll on, unders instead of overs. Don't know what I'm talking about? Yeah, you're the kent.
    Milchcow
    Milchcow

Post by Milchcow Wed Mar 13, 2024 11:17 pm

Whoever plays first in the starting lineup. Whoever plays later in 14-17

Looping is more important than having teddy in the right spot
    Mulvy
    Mulvy

Post by Mulvy Wed Mar 13, 2024 11:19 pm

Shh, fun police is here Very Happy
    Aardvark
    Aardvark

Post by Aardvark Wed Mar 13, 2024 11:22 pm

Snatchpato wrote:
    FINE

Mulvy
    Snatch
    ET
    WT

To join the GGG you have to submit your upvotes/posts application and it needs to exceed 0.8 unless you have over 10000 posts in which case it needs to exceed 0.7.

God I love me a good old fashioned arbitrary gang

I am not one of the GG 😳….maybe rabbits was right?

Current date/time is Fri Oct 18, 2024 5:10 pm