NRL Fantasy Fanatics

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

NRL Fantasy Fanatics

NRL Fantasy Fanatics - A place for discussion of NRL Fantasy / Virtual Sports / Super Coach and other Fantasy Sports

NRL Fantasy 2024 Part 13 - He looks good, but what do the Reserve Grade stats say

robelgordo
    robelgordo
    Fanatic

NRL Fantasy 2024 Part 13 - He looks good, but what do the Reserve Grade stats say - Page 33 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2024 Part 13 - He looks good, but what do the Reserve Grade stats say

Post by robelgordo Thu Mar 14, 2024 7:09 am

Snatchpato wrote:
    You're above 0.5, and as a fanatic, you only need 0.7

I believe that, as a collective, we can do better and help Rob earn his way into the GGG

I could also post less. Would help that ratio
    easytiger
    easytiger

NRL FF Survivor Champion : 2022

NRL Fantasy 2024 Part 13 - He looks good, but what do the Reserve Grade stats say - Page 33 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2024 Part 13 - He looks good, but what do the Reserve Grade stats say

Post by easytiger Thu Mar 14, 2024 7:12 am

robelgordo wrote:My upvote ratio isn’t quite high enough for this club and that’s on everyone here. Do better. Earn my upvotes

I support the Tigers, so I have a fairly low bar...
    I'm not sure why yours isn't also low

Anyway, have an upvote
    easytiger
    easytiger

Post by easytiger Thu Mar 14, 2024 7:17 am

Pookus McFly wrote:I think Dan is suffering some unfair hivemind judgement here. He got called out for his one-way interactions last season, but then noticeably (at least to me, a complete random impartial) improved to please his detractors, increasing his posting output and often part of the conversation. -And yet he still continued to get called out whenever he did ask for advice. Its like when the ref gives TPJ a penalty because he seems the likely type to get a penalty. Marked man.

I've pretty much thought the same thing, but then I checked the stats:
    19/3484 = 0.005

Dude doesn't even give a thankyou vote when someone offers advice Sad

Finch
    Finch

Post by Finch Thu Mar 14, 2024 7:18 am

Is buying Ben Turbo now, too late?

Schuster comes back next week one would think?
    multiple.scoregasms
    multiple.scoregasms
    Fanatic

Post by multiple.scoregasms Thu Mar 14, 2024 7:20 am

WT Winfield wrote:

Teddy always goes in the middle for me. Best FB in the world. Everyone else can play wing.

I've been known to demote him to the wing after a few sub par performances
    easytiger
    easytiger

Post by easytiger Thu Mar 14, 2024 7:20 am

Finch wrote:Is buying Ben Turbo now, too late?

I think the upside is worth the risk - and the high ownership probably makes it super risky to antipod on the hope he loses his spot.

Schuster plays NSW Cup this week - who knows maybe next week too?
    There's a world where Schuster only makes it back as a bench player...

I'd suggest at this point it's Burbo's spot to lose, rather than just being a placeholder for Schuster
    easytiger
    easytiger

Post by easytiger Thu Mar 14, 2024 7:23 am

Snatchpato wrote:
    How my forward pack looked as I was reading your rant.
    NRL Fantasy 2024 Part 13 - He looks good, but what do the Reserve Grade stats say - Page 33 Forwar10

I don't even know what to think of this reverse-order shit. Elite gun on the right-hand side of MID? Whaaaaaaat????
    Surely, this is just to be provocative?

I'm feeling very disturbed and unsettled by that graphic
    easytiger
    easytiger

Post by easytiger Thu Mar 14, 2024 7:29 am

Pookus McFly wrote:I see a lot of teams ordering their players in MID and WFB with with biggest gun positioned in the middle (field layout only). I do not care at all for this arrangement, which is completely and utterly wrong, and I want it known now and henceforth that the proper positioning is to have your highest priced player to the left, moving right in descending order of price. There is a particular bug in my fantasy app (and maybe yours too, who knows) where if I try to swap a player from right to left it just plain doesnt work, but if try to swap them from left to right it works just fine. Some would say this is merely a glitch, but I think that in my Fantasy team there is a clear hierarchy where a higher calibre player needs to give their permission to move down a tier. I think this conclusively proves that the biggest gun goes to the far left, and that any fantasy delinquents who put their guns in middle for nothing more than aesthetic taste are harbingers of chaos who should repent on their ne’er-do-well ways and start ordering your players in a proper civilised manner before your blasphemous positioning choices cause the downfall of society.

It's quite nice to group players during the week.
    I wouldn't run them out like this though, I'm not a complete heathen

NRL Fantasy 2024 Part 13 - He looks good, but what do the Reserve Grade stats say - Page 33 Teams10

I'm a bit disappointed that I don't have Hosking to complete the green tract
    I'm not disappointed that I don't have Levi, because, well... Danny Levi...
    multiple.scoregasms
    multiple.scoregasms
    Fanatic

Post by multiple.scoregasms Thu Mar 14, 2024 7:31 am

Loomer wrote:

Just checked a few games with Katoa at half. 3 I looked at Niko kicked maximum 40m and Katoa minimum was 304m max over 500

I see 11 starts next to Katoa with a high of 238 kick metres and a low of 25. 3 games above 200

Certainly not a locked in pick but we could see Wayne give the dominate role to Nikorima to free up Katoa
    multiple.scoregasms
    multiple.scoregasms
    Fanatic

Post by multiple.scoregasms Thu Mar 14, 2024 7:32 am

Snatchpato wrote:
    We don't like too many downvoters in the GGG, but with such an outlier upvote ratio, you're in, but you will be monitored for frowned upon downvoting.

Mulvy
    Snatch
    ET
    WT
    FaringdonSwirl

I'm a long way from joining this club. Like Rob, you need to earn it

Elite shitposting is probably the fastest way
    King Assassin
    King Assassin

Post by King Assassin Thu Mar 14, 2024 7:34 am

Is there any benefit to holding Lolo this week? I'm tossing up between Tallis and Seyfarth and considering holding this week to see who the better option of the 2 is. Would mean I'm making no trades this week for a team that scored 705. which just doesn't feel right.
    multiple.scoregasms
    multiple.scoregasms
    Fanatic

Post by multiple.scoregasms Thu Mar 14, 2024 7:34 am

Honestly I didn't want to start with him in my team but don't think he is a bad bye now. Actually looked like a first grader in Vegas, has a low b/e and Schuster isn't even in the 21. Wouldn't be surprised if Schuster gets a couple of weeks in ressies to gain match fitness then comes back via the bench. 3x35s gets to 110k so only takes one more big game or a delay with Schuster to hit 150k
    FaringdonSwirl
    FaringdonSwirl

Post by FaringdonSwirl Thu Mar 14, 2024 7:41 am

robelgordo wrote:

I could also post less. Would help that ratio

No, post more.
    Snatchpato
    Snatchpato

Post by Snatchpato Thu Mar 14, 2024 7:42 am

FaringdonSwirl wrote:

No, post more.
    Trying to keep the club exclusive, nice.
    Loomer
    Loomer
    Fanatic

Post by Loomer Thu Mar 14, 2024 7:44 am

multiple.scoregasms wrote:

I see 11 starts next to Katoa with a high of 238 kick metres and a low of 25. 3 games above 200

Certainly not a locked in pick but we could see Wayne give the dominate role to Nikorima to free up Katoa
    I did no SOS(assume Katoa was other half) 2023 season. Over 70 min games gave 10 games for 81 avg km. Half games km was 63m or less
    OB
    OB

Post by OB Thu Mar 14, 2024 7:45 am

Pookus McFly wrote:I see a lot of teams ordering their players in MID and WFB with with biggest gun positioned in the middle (field layout only). I do not care at all for this arrangement, which is completely and utterly wrong, and I want it known now and henceforth that the proper positioning is to have your highest priced player to the left, moving right in descending order of price. There is a particular bug in my fantasy app (and maybe yours too, who knows) where if I try to swap a player from right to left it just plain doesnt work, but if try to swap them from left to right it works just fine. Some would say this is merely a glitch, but I think that in my Fantasy team there is a clear hierarchy where a higher calibre player needs to give their permission to move down a tier. I think this conclusively proves that the biggest gun goes to the far left, and that any fantasy delinquents who put their guns in middle for nothing more than aesthetic taste are harbingers of chaos who should repent on their ne’er-do-well ways and start ordering your players in a proper civilised manner before your blasphemous positioning choices cause the downfall of society.

If I were to have Sloan and say Arthars who would you put further left? I would probably err on the side of Arthars first then Sloan even though fantasy stats would suggest the other way round.
    FaringdonSwirl
    FaringdonSwirl

Post by FaringdonSwirl Thu Mar 14, 2024 7:47 am

No one can say when Schuster comes back for sure, but I'm with MS thinking he'll be in ressies a couple of weeks. He hasn't had much of a pre-season being out with the chicken pox, broken finger, and now the calf.

Close to a must buy for me with the lack of other money makers coming out of round 1.
    FaringdonSwirl
    FaringdonSwirl

Post by FaringdonSwirl Thu Mar 14, 2024 7:48 am

Snatchpato wrote:
    Trying to keep the club exclusive, nice.

I feel like the heel of the GGG.
    kamikamicameleons
    kamikamicameleons

Post by kamikamicameleons Thu Mar 14, 2024 7:54 am

ForanAgainst wrote:

At least a TU/TD question is much better than some of the queries I see in Facebook groups where an anonymous participant will pretty much want someone else to make the choice for them.

Those facebook groups are a shambles..my favourite post recently on one was

"Need a player for 627k"

Revraiser
    Revraiser
    Fanatic

Post by Revraiser Thu Mar 14, 2024 7:56 am

kamikamicameleons wrote:

Those facebook groups are a shambles..my favourite post recently on one was

"Need a player for 627k"

Reply had to be -

Burton / May / Radley

Current date/time is Thu Sep 19, 2024 10:55 am