NRL Fantasy Fanatics

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

NRL Fantasy Fanatics

NRL Fantasy Fanatics - A place for discussion of NRL Fantasy / Virtual Sports / Super Coach and other Fantasy Sports

NRL Fantasy 2024 Part 17 - He haas a sore knee

mrbrownstone
    mrbrownstone

NRL Fantasy 2024 Part 17 - He haas a sore knee - Page 27 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2024 Part 17 - He haas a sore knee

Post by mrbrownstone Thu Mar 21, 2024 3:05 pm

thomglomerate wrote:Okay here’s a conundrum for the brains trust. I only have two playing wfb, pap and rapina. Talou back next week and gagai likely a trade out. Trading Hass to May leaves me with enough money to turn gagai into any one under $684k. However I’m not seeing anyone who is a keeper at that price OR anyone who will make money. So would it be insane to chase cash by ignoring the wfb position for a week and picking up Lussick instead?

Probably a 30 point hit in exchange for 40k cash?

Feels insane to not play a full 17 this early but cash gen has been so hard to come by and there’s only a couple of weeks to collect Galvin, Lussick etc before the opportunity is gone?

Edit: also yikes is that what the default avatar looks like? Grim.

Yes, especially with Pap on a bye next week.

WFBs I'd consider for that price:

Turbo

Daylight

Cobbo/May/RTS/Manu/Lomax (likely centre keepers you could plug in for a week or two)

To'o (Maybe 5 points underpriced and hasn't scored a try yet?)

TL;DR: I reckon Turbo's more or less a no brainer for what you can afford.

my tv broke
    my tv broke
    Fanatics Immortal

NRL Fantasy 2024 Part 17 - He haas a sore knee - Page 27 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2024 Part 17 - He haas a sore knee

Post by my tv broke Thu Mar 21, 2024 3:05 pm

Actually stuck on my second out.

Wong to Fine is a goer.
    Probably leaning to Lussick as second in.

Outs:-
    Hosking - probably has to stay another week and hope for the best.
    Hutch - probably survives.
    Tups - he does have potential for a decent score..
    Rapana or Kiraz - my back five is at surplus.. i've got TMay/Burbo+Paps/Raps/Trbo, and Kiraz on bench, + Strange emgs. Strange can cover Paps bye next week..

I also have Salmon and Levi hanging around..

I should punt one of Kiraz and Rapana, yeah .. ? Fucking Kiraz probably... although I think Rapana has saved his score twice and hasn't looked good though..
    lukeayee
    lukeayee

Post by lukeayee Thu Mar 21, 2024 3:13 pm

Taylan May will drop 100 this week.

He will also outscore Terrel for the rest of the year.

Heard it here first.

If I didnt have CTR covered id be all over May, professionally.
    Shady2K
    Shady2K

Post by Shady2K Thu Mar 21, 2024 3:13 pm

my tv broke wrote:Actually stuck on my second out.

Wong to Fine is a goer.

Rapana or Kiraz - my back five is at surplus.. i've got TMay/Burbo+Paps/Raps/Trbo, and Kiraz on bench, + Strange emgs. Strange can cover Paps bye next week..

I should punt one of Kiraz and Rapana, yeah .. ? Fucking Kiraz probably... although I think Rapana has saved his score twice and hasn't looked good though..

I think you keep Kiraz. Rapana will be a trade at some stage as Ricky has openly said that he won't be at FB all year, but Kiraz could pull his finger out against the Titans
    The Dolphin Conspiracies
    The Dolphin Conspiracies

Post by The Dolphin Conspiracies Thu Mar 21, 2024 3:14 pm

Trades

TU
    Wong ==> Curran
    McIntyre ==> Finefeuiaki
    23k remaining

TD
    Wong ==> May
    McIntyre ==> Willison
    26k remaining

Aardvark
    Aardvark

Post by Aardvark Thu Mar 21, 2024 3:17 pm

MIchael Jennings promoted to the Roosters top 30 at 106 years old....new NRL record, narrowly beating Cameron SMith who retired at 105.5 and Lachlan Croker who now looks about 105.75 (actual age unconfirmed)
    Rabbit
    Rabbit

Post by Rabbit Thu Mar 21, 2024 3:21 pm

Rabbits21 wrote:After the Haas news I’ve changed tact….

Tack son. Change tack.

"When referring to a change in direction, position, or course of action, the correct phrase is to change tack. This is in reference to the nautical use of tack which refers to the direction of a boat with respect to sail position."

I blame the school system and parroting albino
    Rabbit
    Rabbit

Post by Rabbit Thu Mar 21, 2024 3:22 pm

L-Jimmy wrote:Captaincy is hard this week.

Cleary goes big against the Broncos normally, and with ARey and Haas it could get very messy.

But Hynes is playing the Tigers.

Going Hynes, nervously.

Galvin is going to give him a rugby league lesson.
    my tv broke
    my tv broke
    Fanatics Immortal

Post by my tv broke Thu Mar 21, 2024 3:24 pm

The Dolphin Conspiracies wrote:Trades

TU
    Wong ==> Curran
    McIntyre ==>  Finefeuiaki
    23k remaining

TD
    Wong ==> May
    McIntyre ==> Willison
    26k remaining

willison.. it was only last week i thought i'd seen the worst trade of the season
    Milchcow
    Milchcow

Post by Milchcow Thu Mar 21, 2024 3:30 pm

Wong to Fine is a goer.

I think keep Hosking for now is smart move

Who knows he might even find himself starting by final team lists.

Plays early so at the veery least you can be ready to reverse trade him back in if that does happen
    The Dolphin Conspiracies
    The Dolphin Conspiracies

Post by The Dolphin Conspiracies Thu Mar 21, 2024 3:33 pm

my tv broke wrote:

willison.. it was only last week i thought i'd seen the worst trade of the season

Who was that?

what if williison gets 30 minutes? That would give with 10 points of value?
    THEGAME
    THEGAME

Post by THEGAME Thu Mar 21, 2024 3:33 pm

Going backwards and forwards on this

Haas too:

👍Cotter
    👎Curran

Gone Luki to Lussick with my other.
    **have May and Murray in the Mids
    wolfking
    wolfking
    Fanatics Immortal

Post by wolfking Thu Mar 21, 2024 3:35 pm

Wong to Fine is a goer.

Probably Tups or Rapa. I don't ever see a good score coming from Tups.
    Rabbit
    Rabbit

Post by Rabbit Thu Mar 21, 2024 3:36 pm

The Dolphin Conspiracies wrote:

Who was that?

But still, what's the point of the trade in? Neither points nor cash. Waste of a trade. You can look for a week or two and see what sort of a spud he is first. Being a bonzo, I'd say a huge spud. Smile
    lukeayee
    lukeayee

Post by lukeayee Thu Mar 21, 2024 3:36 pm

THEGAME wrote:Going backwards and forwards on this

Haas too:

👍Cotter
    👎Curran

Gone Luki to Lussick with my other.
    **have May and Murray in the Mids

Smithies is the better option isnt he? Or do you already have him.

Cotter for me otherwise.
    Tigs
    Tigs

Post by Tigs Thu Mar 21, 2024 3:36 pm

Late Mail

Warriors: Charnze Nicoll-Klokstad (hamstring) is aiming for a round 5 return. The Warriors are confident Wayde Egan (elbow) will play after a late withdrawal last week.

Raiders: No changes at this stage with captain Elliott Whitehead (groin) good to go, as is Jordan Rapana (concussion).
    Ricky Stuart’s comments on Whitehead/Hosking “He’s our captain and the boys all love playing with Elliott,” Stuart said. “It gives me an opportunity to give Zac some time on the bench. He’ll come on in an important part of the game.”

Souths: Damien Cook could switch to the bench with Siliva Havili to start at hooker. Jack Wighton makes his club debut at centre following suspension. Tyrone Munro (shoulder) is 2-3 weeks away.

Bulldogs + Cowboys: No changes expected.

Titans: Kieran Foran has recovered from a minor hamstring strain that kept him out of round 1 and will play.

Manly: Tommy Talau (ankle) was named on the extended bench on Tuesday but is unlikely to play.

Knights: Jayden Brailey (hamstring), Enari Tuala (quad) and Dylan Lucas (concussion) are all expected to return from injury. Greg Marzhew is set to undergo wrist surgery on a fractured scaphoid and will be sidelined for 4-6 weeks.
    my tv broke
    my tv broke
    Fanatics Immortal

Post by my tv broke Thu Mar 21, 2024 3:38 pm

The Dolphin Conspiracies wrote:

Who was that?

haha i don't know how you come to the conclusion that the young prop who wasn't good enough to be picked in rounds 1 or 2, jumps ahead of the other three guys who have been picked ahead of him to start the year.

the three bench mids last week all played less than 30 mins..
    lukeayee
    lukeayee

Post by lukeayee Thu Mar 21, 2024 3:40 pm

Tigs wrote:Late Mail

Warriors: Charnze Nicoll-Klokstad (hamstring) is aiming for a round 5 return. The Warriors are confident Wayde Egan (elbow) will play after a late withdrawal last week.

Raiders: No changes at this stage with captain Elliott Whitehead (groin) good to go, as is Jordan Rapana (concussion).
    Ricky Stuart’s comments on Whitehead/Hosking “He’s our captain and the boys all love playing with Elliott,” Stuart said. “It gives me an opportunity to give Zac some time on the bench. He’ll come on in an important part of the game.”

Souths: Damien Cook could switch to the bench with Siliva Havili to start at hooker. Jack Wighton makes his club debut at centre following suspension. Tyrone Munro (shoulder) is 2-3 weeks away.

Bulldogs + Cowboys: No changes expected.

Titans: Kieran Foran has recovered from a minor hamstring strain that kept him out of round 1 and will play.

Manly: Tommy Talau (ankle) was named on the extended bench on Tuesday but is unlikely to play.

Knights: Jayden Brailey (hamstring), Enari Tuala (quad) and Dylan Lucas (concussion) are all expected to return from injury. Greg Marzhew is set to undergo wrist surgery on a fractured scaphoid and will be sidelined for 4-6 weeks.

Don't worry Zac, you are "Important".

Sounds like diversity training.
    my tv broke
    my tv broke
    Fanatics Immortal

Post by my tv broke Thu Mar 21, 2024 3:41 pm

Tigs wrote:Bulldogs + Cowboys: No changes expected.

Someone on the dogs forum at the start of the week said training was 'behind closed doors' all week this week. i reckon there is some late changes to come.

The titans will be left dumbfounded.
    THEGAME
    THEGAME

Post by THEGAME Thu Mar 21, 2024 3:42 pm

lukeayee wrote:

Smithies is the better option isnt he? Or do you already have him.

Cotter for me otherwise.

No Smithies, but won’t Big Red take his minutes ?

Current date/time is Fri Oct 18, 2024 4:49 pm