NRL Fantasy Fanatics

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

NRL Fantasy Fanatics

NRL Fantasy Fanatics - A place for discussion of NRL Fantasy / Virtual Sports / Super Coach and other Fantasy Sports

NRL Fantasy 2024 Part 18 - I see the problem Walsh has

Revraiser
    Revraiser
    Fanatic

NRL Fantasy 2024 Part 18 - I see the problem Walsh has - Page 7 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2024 Part 18 - I see the problem Walsh has

Post by Revraiser Fri Mar 22, 2024 3:35 pm

Boozecluez wrote:

Nah I fumbled it

Aardvark wrote:
    You can but if you drop it, deliberate knockdown 10 in the bin

That's outrageous
    Revraiser
    Revraiser
    Fanatic

NRL Fantasy 2024 Part 18 - I see the problem Walsh has - Page 7 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2024 Part 18 - I see the problem Walsh has

Post by Revraiser Fri Mar 22, 2024 3:36 pm

Khany wrote:

Yeah, don't particularly need CNK returning a week early either

Yeh this has got me twisted now. If I force myself into needing two wfb next week by locking in Hynes trade, no doubt their will he another position I require next week and I'm playing a man down
    Revraiser
    Revraiser
    Fanatic

Post by Revraiser Fri Mar 22, 2024 3:37 pm

multiple.scoregasms wrote:Had ticket with mates to attend the Roosters opposed training session tonight but came down with covid. Should be a cracking game

Just coming out of it here also, was hell for 4 days, but on the up now

Post by Guest Fri Mar 22, 2024 3:42 pm

lukeayee wrote:I could see Hosking coming on after 20 minutes. Whitehead gets taken off.

Then 20 mins into the second half Smithies comes off and whitehead/hosking goes to lock.

If I was betting man (and you best believe I am) i'd say that's $1.50.

(I also own Hosking in SC so trying to cope).

Yup I could see that happening
    AL
    AL

Post by AL Fri Mar 22, 2024 3:45 pm

WT Winfield wrote:

Only 70k difference now, but most around here paid 86k more for Cotter. Not sure we know Curran's minutes any better since the trial when he came on after ~15 mins, which has continued.. but injuries make it hard to know if the plan is to play out the game for 60-65 mins.

I think Ciraldo thinks his best footy is in that 60-65 minute range, but also wants him on at the backend of games without burning two interchanges.

And with two other mobile forwards in Mann and Salmon he is choosing to play him up front. Nothing to base this on apart from feelings when watching the game. Cue egg on face.

I wanted him initially but changed tack bounce when he was benched in Week 1 teamlists. I’d grab him this week if I didn’t save trades and back myself in to a corner this week.
    WT Winfield
    WT Winfield

Post by WT Winfield Fri Mar 22, 2024 3:49 pm

AL wrote:

I think Ciraldo thinks his best footy is in that 60-65 minute range, but also wants him on at the backend of games without burning two interchanges.

And with two other mobile forwards in Mann and Salmon he is choosing to play him up front. Nothing to base this on apart from feelings when watching the game. Cue egg on face.

I wanted him initially but changed tack bounce when he was benched in Week 1 teamlists. I’d grab him this week if I didn’t save trades and back myself in to a corner this week.

Yeah I'd guess he plays the ~60 most weeks. Depends on game flow and how knackered he is. Dogs forwards are shite, so don't think JS security is a concern like at Warriors. Seems like a player that could lift others with his involvement.
    Rabbit
    Rabbit

Post by Rabbit Fri Mar 22, 2024 3:55 pm

Milchcow wrote:

Fantasy looping is not a terrible thing for a maths teacher to be talking to kids about

Logic work with a numerical bent, and also involves probability (should I loop a score of 31)

If you go to supercoach with their VC loop there's some teachable maths as well (2 * Captain score + 17th player vs  2 * VC Score + AE)

And an actual real life application as well (at least if they are fantasy football players)

Better than teaching them how to work out the volume of a cone

That depends on the THC content and whether it's Sativa or Indica.
    King Assassin
    King Assassin

Post by King Assassin Fri Mar 22, 2024 4:05 pm

Haas ownership is down 21%. But still 35% of Players own him. I'll estimate ~10% of players are unaware of the 4-6 weeks out at this stage and will trade him out next week. Then around 5% of players are probably stupid enough to hold him until he returns (such as Snatchpato's students). That would leave us with 20% of teams. I believe its a fair estimate to say most of the teams are inactive and given Haas's ownership was at 56%, ~35.6% of total teams are inactive in Fantasy.
    my tv broke
    my tv broke
    Fanatics Immortal

Post by my tv broke Fri Mar 22, 2024 4:14 pm

https://www.bulldogs.com.au/news/2024/03/22/cameron-ciraldo-press-conference-round-3/

Unsure whether Ciraldo is the type to fib, but he said theyre sticking with the 17 named "really happy" etc stick to the process etc. guys in cup putting pressure on etc..he was specifically asked about changes re sexton and crichton to fb and said no theyre happy with the side theyve named and believe theyre improving each week blah blah

Last edited by my tv broke on Fri Mar 22, 2024 4:15 pm; edited 1 time in total

Post by Guest Fri Mar 22, 2024 4:14 pm

Interesting seeing the top couple of teams are full of Panthers with some cheap non-Panther players.

There is probably a couple of NRL teams that you could fit the full roster 1-21 inside the cap
    Milchcow
    Milchcow

Post by Milchcow Fri Mar 22, 2024 4:23 pm

King Assassin wrote:Haas ownership is down 21%. But still 35% of Players own him. I'll estimate ~10% of players are unaware of the 4-6 weeks out at this stage and will trade him out next week. Then around 5% of players are probably stupid enough to hold him until he returns (such as Snatchpato's students). That would leave us with 20% of teams. I believe its a fair estimate to say most of the teams are inactive and given Haas's ownership was at 56%, ~35.6% of total teams are inactive in Fantasy.

There a fair chunk of dead teams who'll own him all season.
    Cleary missed 6 weeks last year and was still the most popular captain for every week he missed

But for Haas originally he was a chance to play, and the 4-6 weeks out was only announced relatively close to kick off, so a bunch of active but casual teams will have jus missed the news. Not everyone sits on Facebook all day waiting for team updates
    White Lightning
    White Lightning
    Fanatic

Post by White Lightning Fri Mar 22, 2024 4:27 pm

Milchcow wrote:

There a fair chunk of dead  teams who'll own him all season.
    Cleary missed 6 weeks last year and was still the most popular captain for every week he missed

But for Haas originally he was a chance to play, and the 4-6 weeks out was only announced relatively close to kick off, so a bunch of active but casual teams will have jus missed the news. Not everyone sits on Facebook all day waiting for team updates

hey bro but who needs fb when the brilliant tigs keeps us up to date what a champion
    robelgordo
    robelgordo
    Fanatic

Post by robelgordo Fri Mar 22, 2024 4:39 pm

Milchcow wrote:

There a fair chunk of dead  teams who'll own him all season.

Yeah I saw something on socials - I think NRL fantasy posted top 5 buys and sells just before lockout - and a heap of comments underneath where people said "why sell Haas for 1 week out" or words to that effect. There are lots of people - probably the majority - that play this game at an engaged level, update teams each week, understand the basic game theory etc. but aren't living and breathing it to catch every injury update on time, see all the late changes etc.

Tbf I'm in NRL fantasy, plus 2 comps on Nearly, and 1 on NRL CEO. It's not a huge amount but last week forgot to take out my Titans player on bye in the comp I care least about until it was too late.
    Ando
    Ando

Post by Ando Fri Mar 22, 2024 4:42 pm

Finch wrote:So much anger/animosity on the forum lately, not great!

I blame @ytsb, he is just an all round shit bloke

Post by Guest Fri Mar 22, 2024 4:43 pm

Rabbit wrote:

That depends on the THC content and whether it's Sativa or Indica.

Crackhead maths teachers would be awesome at the situation equation.

Tony buys 20 grams of meth, he owes Big D $1500.00 plus the $500 owed from the week before. Tony intended to sell the 20 grams at a street value of $2,750 but instead used 5 grams himself. Tony sells the remainder of the meth for $1000.00. How much money does Tony now have to steal in order to pay back Big D?
    Holy Moly
    Holy Moly

Post by Holy Moly Fri Mar 22, 2024 4:46 pm

White Lightning wrote:

hey bro but who needs fb when the brilliant tigs keeps us up to date what a champion

Yep. Agree. Great updates. Thanks Tigs.
    Chewie
    Chewie
    Fanatic

Post by Chewie Fri Mar 22, 2024 4:48 pm

BaldShitTruck wrote:

Crackhead maths teachers would be awesome at the situation equation.

Tony buys 20 grams of meth, he owes Big D $1500.00 plus the $500 owed from the week before. Tony intended to sell the 20 grams at a street value of $2,750 but instead used 5 grams himself. Tony sells the remainder of the meth for $1000.00. How much money does Tony now have to steal in order to pay back Big D?

Does Tony own Haas?

Post by Guest Fri Mar 22, 2024 5:03 pm

Chewie wrote:

Does Tony own Haas?

Would assume he picks on aesthetics of mullets or missing teeth so mids would be Arrow, McInnes and Cotter
    White Lightning
    White Lightning
    Fanatic

Post by White Lightning Fri Mar 22, 2024 5:04 pm

BaldShitTruck wrote:

Would assume he picks on aesthetics  of mullets or missing teeth so mids would be Arrow, McInnes and Cotter

you have a great sense of humour that's funny

Post by Guest Fri Mar 22, 2024 5:06 pm

White Lightning wrote:

you have a great sense of humour that's funny

The term my wife uses is immature dickhead

Current date/time is Sun Sep 08, 2024 11:49 am