NRL Fantasy Fanatics

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

NRL Fantasy Fanatics

NRL Fantasy Fanatics - A place for discussion of NRL Fantasy / Virtual Sports / Super Coach and other Fantasy Sports

NRL Fantasy 2024 Part 20 - The Gang All Get Injured

Ando
    Ando

NRL Fantasy 2024 Part 20 - The Gang All Get Injured  - Page 15 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2024 Part 20 - The Gang All Get Injured

Post by Ando Tue Mar 26, 2024 7:43 pm

Quite enjoying the carnage, it's going to at least add a bit of variety to everyone's teams.

I've been lucky in terms of having 18 green dots after trades however having to start all but 1 of Salmon, Brbo, Hutcho, Levi, Shoes and Strange is less than ideal.
    mrbrownstone
    mrbrownstone

NRL Fantasy 2024 Part 20 - The Gang All Get Injured  - Page 15 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2024 Part 20 - The Gang All Get Injured

Post by mrbrownstone Tue Mar 26, 2024 7:43 pm

Anyone interested in Gutherson? Will need a WFB this week to cover Pap, and if I don't get Campbell he's the other one I'm looking at.

Averaged 53.8 last year in 4 games without Moses vs 44 with.

Overall averages 60.3 at fullback without Moses from a 12 game sample. Will presumably continue goal kicking too.

Edit: I always forget PVL-Ball + the scoring changes effect these things, so that overall average comes down somewhat as it includes a 101 under the old scoring. From 2022 on he averages 54.8 from 6 games without Moses.

Last edited by mrbrownstone on Tue Mar 26, 2024 7:49 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Mulvy
    Mulvy

Post by Mulvy Tue Mar 26, 2024 7:45 pm

BroncosSabres wrote:

For a point of difference pick, I'm running with AFB(C) this week I think.

Nice, here's hoping the try base stats continue!
    Weiland
    Weiland

Post by Weiland Tue Mar 26, 2024 7:45 pm

After being set on Yeo, actually leaning towards Carrigan now. Extra 130k will come in handy for the various other u[grades that need to happen.
    mattnz
    Fanatic

Post by mattnz Tue Mar 26, 2024 7:45 pm

If Piakura is out for 4 weeks, I don't see the point in trying to hold him as a cash cow. Stalls cash gen for that period, when you could be putting it into another cow and have a red dot in the interim.
    Teeth Eater
    Teeth Eater

Post by Teeth Eater Tue Mar 26, 2024 7:45 pm

If I'm looking at KPP, Talagi and Finefeuiaki being my next three trades, very conscious of saving some coin, KPP probably least likely to massively increase his price this week?

Talagi seems a pretty solid risk, but if he is going to be worth the punt I'd really prefer not to miss this next price rise. Then hopefully I pick up KPP next week? Is this logical, or just go for the possible cut price keeper this week and give Talagi a week?
    Camo123
    Camo123
    Fanatic

Post by Camo123 Tue Mar 26, 2024 7:46 pm

Snatchpato wrote:
    lol as if they'll all stay healthy right up until and during round 13

ya kidding yourself camo

lol! What makes this funnier is your avatar of Cheese dripping blood

I did caveat it could be useless with an injury but I felt that was a weakness in my bye planning last year
    Teeth Eater
    Teeth Eater

Post by Teeth Eater Tue Mar 26, 2024 7:48 pm

Ando wrote:Quite enjoying the carnage, it's going to at least add a bit of variety to everyone's teams.

I've been lucky in terms of having 18 green dots after trades however having to start all but 1 of Salmon, Brbo, Hutcho, Levi, Shoes and Strange is less than ideal.

I have all six of those... and only nine other players. Badum1
    Mulvy
    Mulvy

Post by Mulvy Tue Mar 26, 2024 7:49 pm

Liverpool_Bulldog wrote:

It’s not really a skill based game I don’t think. And generally players are too scared to trade as they think they are being swindled.

Mate this is a terrible take. Draft is awesome and fun, and requires a tremendous amount of skill (which is why I and others can't beat @cantbeatwinners)
    Teeth Eater
    Teeth Eater

Post by Teeth Eater Tue Mar 26, 2024 7:51 pm

Teeth Eater wrote:If I'm looking at KPP, Talagi and Finefeuiaki being my next three trades, very conscious of saving some coin, KPP probably least likely to massively increase his price this week?

Talagi seems a pretty solid risk, but if he is going to be worth the punt I'd really prefer not to miss this next price rise. Then hopefully I pick up KPP next week? Is this logical, or just go for the possible cut price keeper this week and give Talagi a week?

But Talagi is an Eel. Would just make the watch all that more thrilling and all-encompassing. I want to do it... just wish KPP wasn't so appealing. But is he? Or am I being sucked in by the whirlwind?
    Mulvy
    Mulvy

Post by Mulvy Tue Mar 26, 2024 7:53 pm

Honeysett wrote:I've made trades and reversed legit about 10 times to see what I like within my team.

I can't make the exact trades I want responsibly. Whilst others are putting out fires I'm going to look at trading two potential dud cows and look into focusing on cash gen, it might sacrifice points as I won't be getting in the big names but hopefully it pays dividends.

Cotric and Chan out for Talagi and Finefeuiaki, both have a low BE and will make some cash with the potential for Talagi to have 8 weeks in the halves, should make some good cash. FF I'm less convinced with however I can start him for now until Piakura comes back into the side and he can sit either on the bench or in the EMGs until he's ready to milk.

This gives me 18 players this week, albeit with the same plebs as the others like Levi, Hutch, Burbo. I have a good feeling Burbo scores a try against the Dragons. Hughes in the loop.

I like it. #longgame

Who is captain though?
    Honeysett
    Honeysett

Post by Honeysett Tue Mar 26, 2024 7:56 pm

Mulvy wrote:
    Honeysett wrote:I've made trades and reversed legit about 10 times to see what I like within my team.

I can't make the exact trades I want responsibly. Whilst others are putting out fires I'm going to look at trading two potential dud cows and look into focusing on cash gen, it might sacrifice points as I won't be getting in the big names but hopefully it pays dividends.

Cotric and Chan out for Talagi and Finefeuiaki, both have a low BE and will make some cash with the potential for Talagi to have 8 weeks in the halves, should make some good cash. FF I'm less convinced with however I can start him for now until Piakura comes back into the side and he can sit either on the bench or in the EMGs until he's ready to milk.

This gives me 18 players this week, albeit with the same plebs as the others like Levi, Hutch, Burbo. I have a good feeling Burbo scores a try against the Dragons. Hughes in the loop.

I like it. #longgame

Who is captain though?

The genuine options are Api, May, Tommy, Teddy and Ponga.

I'm going Tommy against the Dragons. If Cowboys can score 40+ then Tommy could score a hat trick
    BCT05
    BCT05

Post by BCT05 Tue Mar 26, 2024 7:56 pm

mattnz wrote:If Piakura is out for 4 weeks, I don't see the point in trying to hold him as a cash cow. Stalls cash gen for that period, when you could be putting it into another cow and have a red dot in the interim.

The quote from Broncos was up to 4 weeks so might be a slight chance of say 3 weeks out instead.

But anyway you're acting like people aren't dealing with 3,4,5 other fires at the moment. Of course if this happened last week then the majority would get rid of Piakura but right now in the context of other issues it may make sense for some to hold. I'm already wary I've max traded and likely will be for the next two weeks.
    Ando
    Ando

Post by Ando Tue Mar 26, 2024 7:56 pm

Bethany_B wrote:Piakura being out for 4 weeks means that the fantasy gods have successfully forced me to hold Shitili this week. I will get his 33 points in 58 minutes and I will like him.

Trades this week are now Wong + Piakura to KPP + Talagi, reluctantly letting Ikat go.

Team post-trades:

I don't think letting iKat is a bad move, he is a missed tackle machine and will have some low scores. The Dolphins won't win 38-0 every week!
    ytsb
    ytsb

Post by ytsb Tue Mar 26, 2024 7:57 pm

Rabbit wrote:Schoolteachers. lol. Laughing Lowest SAT necessary. Even Arts graduates are smarter.

This is dragging society in general, down. And quickly.

I wouldn't put my kids in public schools these days. Private or Home school is the way to go. The indoctrination in Govt. run education is rife. The education is shit. That's why this country is ranked so lowly.

Dumb teachers.

Can't wait to reply in earnest to this and then get a Fishing in response, so I won't. Flogging a dead horse, but you've just made two offhanded assumptions about the three? teachers on here that are objectively wrong (pepp Snatch's chess channel). I don't need to make any assumptions to know that your idea of success is a high salary and a name on a plaque, and not someone with strong character and integrity that builds people up and doesn't tear people down. Do better mate, I only piped up because I'm tired of coming home and reading some entree about your team's trades with a main course of being a dickhead to matt or rabbits21.
    L-Jimmy
    L-Jimmy

Post by L-Jimmy Tue Mar 26, 2024 7:58 pm

Rabbit wrote:Oh and @l-jimmy and @OB.

After the Footy and Boxing and Cricket... I started golf at age 30. Great leveller.

Got down to scratch by 35. Have won 19 x A grade club championships at 3 different clubs...Honour board events, if you know what they are. History on the board. Kids, Grandkids, Friends all see it.

Now I play off 3. Blown out a bit but haven't been practising much although I own my own driving range. lol.

If ever you can afford to play club golf, do it. You'll love it. Be good for your character too.

That's really interesting mate! Keep going, I'm listening.

paying close attention :
    Snatchpato
    Snatchpato

Post by Snatchpato Tue Mar 26, 2024 8:01 pm

ytsb wrote:

Can't wait to reply in earnest to this and then get a Fishing in response, so I won't. Flogging a dead horse, but you've just made two offhanded assumptions about the three? teachers on here that are objectively wrong (pepp Snatch's chess channel). I don't need to make any assumptions to know that your idea of success is a high salary and a name on a plaque, and not someone with strong character and integrity that builds people up and doesn't tear people down. Do better mate, I only piped up because I'm tired of coming home and reading some entree about your team's trades with a main course of being a dickhead to matt or rabbits21.
    YOU GOT BAITED LMAO
    Mulvy
    Mulvy

Post by Mulvy Tue Mar 26, 2024 8:04 pm

OB wrote:

Big man over here. Definitely a real alpha - a proper Jake Granville if you know what I mean. Rolling Eyes

Mate.

There can be only one Jake Granville Very Happy
    L-Jimmy
    L-Jimmy

Post by L-Jimmy Tue Mar 26, 2024 8:04 pm

Wait, Snatch has a chess channel! That's brilliant! Linkage?
    ytsb
    ytsb

Post by ytsb Tue Mar 26, 2024 8:06 pm

L-Jimmy wrote:Wait, Snatch has a chess channel! That's brilliant! Linkage?

https://www.youtube.com/@TheMarkODonohue/videos

Man can skull beers and play chess. Shame he indoctrinates kids and only achieved a 64 ATAR though Sad

Current date/time is Tue Sep 17, 2024 5:18 am