NRL Fantasy Fanatics

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

NRL Fantasy Fanatics

NRL Fantasy Fanatics - A place for discussion of NRL Fantasy / Virtual Sports / Super Coach and other Fantasy Sports

NRL Fantasy 2024 Part 20 - The Gang All Get Injured

whall15
    whall15

NRL Fantasy 2024 Part 20 - The Gang All Get Injured  - Page 26 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2024 Part 20 - The Gang All Get Injured

Post by whall15 Wed Mar 27, 2024 8:30 am

Cap'n Ranta wrote:

Definitely hear you and others on trades being limited. But that’s kinda the reason I think it’s so important. Especially at this point of the season to prioritise your cows.

Sometimes you’ll be unlucky and the cow won’t fit the positional cover needs. I need two WFBs this week as I lost 3 of the 4 I owned (Walsh, Tuaupiki, Papy). I’m still considering Blaize and playing with 16.

I think it’s really important to remember you need about $13m to build a final 17. and yes there’s a balance of points vs cash generated but you only get two trades a week.

The more certainty you want the more trades you have to spend generating that cash.

I’m certainly not trying to imply Blaize is a must have. It’s pretty rare to have someone like Galvin who has high fantasy upside and reasonable long term job security. Just consider the two:

Luki is due back in 5 weeks.  
    Moses is due back in 8.

To get 150k:
    Fine needs to get close to 40 point average. That’s maybe 5 points less than I expect from Nanai.
    Blaize needs a 29 point average.  That’s 3 points more than Kane Elgey.

Certainty on role and pedigree costs flexibility (are you committing one of your two trades), cash gen (upside) and roster churn (need to spend trades quicker as they have less time in viable fantasy roles).

I know people are struggling to field a full squad this week or have mountains of cash from selling Haas and Cleary so I’m not saying swing at every cow but this isn’t SuperCoach with delayed price changes.

It's more about realising when cows have  asymmetric risk profiles.Team balance in Not having too many low upside cows on the bench and future flexibility(most people will have a lot of mid rangers to upgrade in a few weeks (Smithies, Rapana, Burbo, Strange, Sitilli, Wong, Piakura, Kris, Flanagan, Hutchinson, Levi, Hughes, Chan etc.) so picking cows just one week earlier means making more money and having better future flexibility.

It can also bring a dud cow that adds to that huge list so it’s not foolproof but the key point I’ve rambled for too long on is certainty has a cost. Just be more willing to consider cows a week earlier as you may realise it’s less risky and your range of outcomes is better and future weeks can be easier even if this week is objectively worse.

I agree on this, in previous seasons I've prioritised guns too much too early and I usually start pretty strong but taper towards the end with not having enough cash gen.

I have 300k in cash already from Haas but am thinking of holding Cleary and trading Kini and Piakura to Talagi and either another cow or a mid (I have 666k to play with if I go Talagi).
    BCT05
    BCT05

NRL Fantasy 2024 Part 20 - The Gang All Get Injured  - Page 26 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2024 Part 20 - The Gang All Get Injured

Post by BCT05 Wed Mar 27, 2024 8:30 am

robelgordo wrote:I reckon Brown without Moses is a bit overblown. Small sample sizes, 3 games in 2020 driving the average

Disagree, even ignoring the 2020 games the average is great. 55-60 average feels very much on the cards which is very nice for $675k.

And in 2020 he was playing next to Field who did very little kicking. Whereas 2021 onwards without Moses he was mostly playing with Arthur who did a fair chunk of kicking.

I have no idea if Talagi has much of a kicking game but I was assuming not (anyone have any insight on that?) and would think BA would keep it simple for him by keeping the majority of kicking with Brown anyway.
    mattnz
    Fanatic

Post by mattnz Wed Mar 27, 2024 8:33 am

Camo123 wrote:

Could Niukore back on the bench steal mins
    Fit harris gets 80 minutes, unless the score is a blow out. Except for an HIA has had 80 every week and not dealing with the knee issues that plagued him last season. Someone mentioned the coach has said he wants him out there the whole game. They give him 80 and split up the minutes amongst the rest, similar to Yeo.
    Snatchpato
    Snatchpato

Post by Snatchpato Wed Mar 27, 2024 8:34 am

Cap'n Ranta wrote:

Definitely hear you and others on trades being limited. But that’s kinda the reason I think it’s so important. Especially at this point of the season to prioritise your cows.

Sometimes you’ll be unlucky and the cow won’t fit the positional cover needs. I need two WFBs this week as I lost 3 of the 4 I owned (Walsh, Tuaupiki, Papy). I’m still considering Blaize and playing with 16.

I think it’s really important to remember you need about $13m to build a final 17. and yes there’s a balance of points vs cash generated but you only get two trades a week.

The more certainty you want the more trades you have to spend generating that cash.

I’m certainly not trying to imply Blaize is a must have. It’s pretty rare to have someone like Galvin who has high fantasy upside and reasonable long term job security. Just consider the two:

Moses is due back in 8.

To get 150k:
    Fine needs to get close to 40 point average. That’s maybe 5 points less than I expect from Nanai.

Certainty on role and pedigree costs flexibility (are you committing one of your two trades), cash gen (upside) and roster churn (need to spend trades quicker as they have less time in viable fantasy roles).

I know people are struggling to field a full squad this week or have mountains of cash from selling Haas and Cleary so I’m not saying swing at every cow but this isn’t SuperCoach with delayed price changes.

It's more about realising when cows have  asymmetric risk profiles.Team balance in Not having too many low upside cows on the bench and future flexibility(most people will have a lot of mid rangers to upgrade in a few weeks (Smithies, Rapana, Burbo, Strange, Sitilli, Wong, Piakura, Kris, Flanagan, Hutchinson, Levi, Hughes, Chan etc.) so picking cows just one week earlier means making more money and having better future flexibility.

It can also bring a dud cow that adds to that huge list so it’s not foolproof but the key point I’ve rambled for too long on is certainty has a cost. Just be more willing to consider cows a week earlier as you may realise it’s less risky and your range of outcomes is better and future weeks can be easier even if this week is objectively worse.

Also, if you trade in every single cow, you can never miss one.

NRL Fantasy 2024 Part 20 - The Gang All Get Injured  - Page 26 Giphy
    mattnz
    Fanatic

Post by mattnz Wed Mar 27, 2024 8:36 am

Welsh Mafia wrote:

Declaring Talagi as a "must have cow" because you're on him and likeling him to Galvin isn't accurate.

We had a week to see Galvin in the halves, and he was great. Those of us that missed him didn't by choice, and are paying the 70k+ now.

Talagi is effectively 2 weeks behind Galvin, waiting and seeing how he goes in the halves isn't missing a "must have cow", it's wanting a eye test first. If he goes hard and then next week he's not picked up, then you'd be missing the must have cow, definitely not this week.

Yes I could be made to eat my words is he goes well, but as of right now he's a completely unknown commodity in the halves and most people have about 7 different fires!
    For cash gen and cost he is only 1 week behind, after a 42 last week. Also available at CTR, so the bar is much lower to have value in the team.
    rhinoceroo
    rhinoceroo
    Fanatic

Post by rhinoceroo Wed Mar 27, 2024 8:37 am

Dylbags is a fun watch too, if that's your thing. Can score in all sorts of ways (even more if he's kicking) and can come up with 30-point plays, and is just a really fucking good footballer.

However, I'll probably just keep Cleary and get my fun through delayed gratification.
    mattnz
    Fanatic

Post by mattnz Wed Mar 27, 2024 8:40 am

the_great_wobbler wrote:

Chan was also keeping Blore out and it took an injury for him to get the start. It could be that Blore holds it, could be that Blore was just doing a job on the edge and Chan comes straight back in next week but I think it's hard to say for certain.

Most people would have Piakura as a trade out anyway, may as well hold Chan a week and see come TLT R5?
    Blore was a late addition to storm. Didn't get the full preseason learning their systems with the rest of the team,so makes sense that he was held back a couple of weeks. Watch the Bellamy interview and he is in no doubt on their roles moving forward. In 2 separate interviews now he has said chan is actually best in mid and said Blore is his edge in 1 of those interviews.
    Snatchpato
    Snatchpato

Post by Snatchpato Wed Mar 27, 2024 8:40 am

Cap'n Ranta wrote:

Moses is due back in 8.

To get 150k:

I agree with this in principle, but am not doing it this week. My reasons if anyone is in a similar boat (and to play devil's advocate):

I feel like Fog is going to be like SJ last year. Every man and his dog jumping on but I don't because reasons kept popping up. All of a sudden he's 800k and I can't get him and am missing 60 points every other week. Hence, I'm trading Cleary to Fog.
    I feel like I always avoid players I want (for fun reasons) because "I should be generating cash". My logic is I'm very unlikely to win anyway, so why not pick players I want to watch when I can. Hence, I'm trading Piakura to Turbo.

Finally: there's always going to be another cash cow
    rhinoceroo
    rhinoceroo
    Fanatic

Post by rhinoceroo Wed Mar 27, 2024 8:42 am

BCT05 wrote:

Disagree, even ignoring the 2020 games the average is great. 55-60 average feels very much on the cards which is very nice for $675k.

And in 2020 he was playing next to Field who did very little kicking. Whereas 2021 onwards without Moses he was mostly playing with Arthur who did a fair chunk of kicking.

I have no idea if Talagi has much of a kicking game but I was assuming not (anyone have any insight on that?) and would think BA would keep it simple for him by keeping the majority of kicking with Brown anyway.

No idea whether Talagi has a kicking game, but would expect Guth and Lussick to do a fair bit too of he doesn't.
    my tv broke
    my tv broke
    Fanatics Immortal

Post by my tv broke Wed Mar 27, 2024 8:47 am

mattnz wrote:
    Blore was a late addition to storm. Didn't get the full preseason learning their systems with the rest of the team,so makes sense that he was held back a couple of weeks. Watch the Bellamy interview and he is in no doubt on their roles moving forward. In 2 separate interviews now he has said chan is actually best in mid and said Blore is his edge in 1 of those interviews.

you're doing that thing where you're just hearing things you want to hear.

the chan middle stuff was two weeks ago and then he played 80 mins on edge a week later..

if you want to take literally everything bellamy said in press conference as gospel then you'd better email him to tell him blore actually played on the left, not the right.

no one really knows who'll start there next week, wouldnt surprise me if chan is back, or blore holds the spot. trading chan is probably the right move but would be annoying if he starts next week
    mattnz
    Fanatic

Post by mattnz Wed Mar 27, 2024 8:49 am

my tv broke wrote:

you're doing that thing where you're just hearing things you want to hear.

the chan middle stuff was two weeks ago and then he played 80 mins on edge a week later..

if you want to take literally everything bellamy said in press conference as gospel then you'd better email him to tell him blore actually played on the left, not the right.

no one really knows who'll start there next week, wouldnt surprise me if chan is back, or blore holds the spot. trading chan is probably the right move but would be annoying if he starts next week
    Watch the 2nd interview in 2 weeks when Bellamy has said chan is a mid, then comment
    my tv broke
    my tv broke
    Fanatics Immortal

Post by my tv broke Wed Mar 27, 2024 8:50 am

mattnz wrote:
    Watch the 2nd interview in 2 weeks when Bellamy has said chan is a mid, then comment

then comment on what? its a interview for the media. you take it with a grain of salt
    WT Winfield
    WT Winfield

Post by WT Winfield Wed Mar 27, 2024 8:53 am

Snatchpato wrote:
    I agree with this in principle, but am not doing it this week. My reasons if anyone is in a similar boat (and to play devil's advocate):

I feel like Fog is going to be like SJ last year. Every man and his dog jumping on but I don't because reasons kept popping up. All of a sudden he's 800k and I can't get him and am missing 60 points every other week. Hence, I'm trading Cleary to Fog.
    I feel like I always avoid players I want (for fun reasons) because "I should be generating cash". My logic is I'm very unlikely to win anyway, so why not pick players I want to watch when I can. Hence, I'm trading Piakura to Turbo.

Finally: there's always going to be another cash cow

I think Foggy's a good pick. I did have Cook as my legit VC to Cleary, but getting dicked around the last 2 games, so he's been leapfogged. Anyone that's thrown around as a potential captaincy option is pretty much someone you want in your team, especially around 700k. Probably means I should grab Koro as a back-up HK, but can't shake all those shit scores saved by tries last year.
    The Bludger#2
    The Bludger#2

Post by The Bludger#2 Wed Mar 27, 2024 8:58 am

Liverpool_Bulldog wrote:Kinda tempted by all of the KPP love. Not really someone I had though of till now but looks like an option. One trade pretty much locked in with Wong to Galvin.

Second trade would be Chan to KPP/Talagi/Brown or just hope Hughes/Levi have a 30+ in them and maybe save a trade

I'm liking the look of KPP too.
    Unfortunately, due to injuries, Storm bye & TL I really need a WFB to be able to field 17.
    So, it's Turbo for me this week.
    I'll look at Smithies role moving forward, that Raiders pack is stacked so I can't see Smithies getting 60+ every week once Horse is back.
    Smithies > KPP is my plan for next week (until the carnage continues and I have 2-3 players get injured this week).
    Loomer
    Loomer
    Fanatic

Post by Loomer Wed Mar 27, 2024 9:02 am

If I want May and Turbo I have to sell Cleary but thinking it's not a massive issue. I think he misses at least 3 with the bye and how good will he be when back. Hammy is tricky and could impact scoring. I will have 440k after trades for next week when Dylbro or other Eels might be targets (want to see him Gutho and Talagi before jumping on)

Selling Tuaupiki over Wong Chan Piakura but worried CNK still out next week and he gets another game
    The Goat Boys
    The Goat Boys

Post by The Goat Boys Wed Mar 27, 2024 9:16 am

Sorry if I missed it.

What was the official word on piakura injury and how many weeks he may be out for?
    my tv broke
    my tv broke
    Fanatics Immortal

Post by my tv broke Wed Mar 27, 2024 9:19 am

The Goat Boys wrote:Sorry if I missed it.

What was the official word on piakura injury and how many weeks he may be out for?

Broncos website:

“We will wait until the swelling settles but at this stage we are looking at up to four weeks of rehab before he returns.”
    mattnz
    Fanatic

Post by mattnz Wed Mar 27, 2024 9:19 am

The Goat Boys wrote:Sorry if I missed it.

Up to 4 weeks - Broncos official statement on their site
    The Goat Boys
    The Goat Boys

Post by The Goat Boys Wed Mar 27, 2024 9:21 am

Cheers
    Milchcow
    Milchcow

Post by Milchcow Wed Mar 27, 2024 9:30 am

Just bumping community trade poll to try get clear consensus

https://www.nrlfantasyfanatics.com/t2415-r4-trade-poll

Current date/time is Sun Sep 08, 2024 11:32 am