NRL Fantasy Fanatics

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

NRL Fantasy Fanatics

NRL Fantasy Fanatics - A place for discussion of NRL Fantasy / Virtual Sports / Super Coach and other Fantasy Sports

NRL Fantasy 2024 Part 30 - I'm not furious, I'm just disappointed

Chewie
    Chewie
    Fanatic

NRL Fantasy 2024 Part 30 - I'm not furious, I'm just disappointed - Page 14 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2024 Part 30 - I'm not furious, I'm just disappointed

Post by Chewie Thu Apr 18, 2024 12:28 pm

mrbrownstone wrote:I think Campbell + Turbo -> Chester + Iro makes sense as my first two trades.

Question is then what to do with Tatola, could afford up to 815k and well and truly stuck in the weeds. Players I've looked at, at least briefly:

- Smithies
    - Marzhew
    - Nikora
    - Bateman
    - Egan
    - Api
    - Tohu
    - AFB
    - Ponga
    - DiFi

Mid would probably be ideal though not essential. Help? I'm leaning Tohu I think. Was on Smithies initially but not sure there's still enough value when Horse returns? There's also the option to sacrifice Iro for Stewart, in which case I'd probably get Hopgood.

Team for context:

Spoiler:

I like the trades, Chester and Iro should be solid
    Out of the POI list Ponga jumps out at me most due to FOMO, and Bateman & Marzhew as the value picks in the next few weeks
    mrbrownstone
    mrbrownstone

NRL Fantasy 2024 Part 30 - I'm not furious, I'm just disappointed - Page 14 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2024 Part 30 - I'm not furious, I'm just disappointed

Post by mrbrownstone Thu Apr 18, 2024 12:32 pm

Just thinking out loud here.

As it stands I could actually field a full 13 in R13, with Talagi, Hutch, and FineAF as excess.

I was leaning towards Smithies or even Tapine, but then I'd have Cheese, Angus, May, Strange, Smithies/Tapine in R14. Obviously a lot can change between now and then and I'll likely have to trade all of the above out for injuries at this rate, but just something to consider.

That's pushing me to getting Tohu. In an ideal world he plays every round from now to 18, barring R13, including the tricky R14 and 17 byes, and R16 where mids are a bit tricker and he's a captaincy option.

Warriors then have byes in 19 and 27, so flick him to a R19 keeper. Ideally a Titans, Rabbitohs, or Dolphins player who have all their byes done by then, although pickings are fairly slim (maybe that's the time to get Cook if he bounces back & presumably misses Origin).

Although, all of the above also applies to AFB, confusing matters just when I thought I'd made a decision...

Apologies to any Tohu owners. By daring to try projecting this far ahead I've guaranteed he'll get injured this week. Sorry.

Last edited by mrbrownstone on Thu Apr 18, 2024 12:39 pm; edited 1 time in total
    mrbrownstone
    mrbrownstone

Post by mrbrownstone Thu Apr 18, 2024 12:37 pm

Chewie wrote:

I like the trades, Chester and Iro should be solid
    Out of the POI list Ponga jumps out at me most due to FOMO, and Bateman & Marzhew as the value picks in the next few weeks

Appreciate the thoughts! Ponga is so tempting. If we knew for certain he wouldn't play Origin I probably would jump on. Then again that's still what? 6 weeks away? A lot can happen & his upcoming draw is very friendly. Annoyed I didn't get him when he dipped below 700k in R4, then again I might be saying the same when he's 900k in a couple of weeks....

The more I think about it the more sense it makes though, I shouldn't really keep running with Talagi as my only CTR/WFB cover.
    Liverpool_Bulldog
    Liverpool_Bulldog
    Fanatic

Post by Liverpool_Bulldog Thu Apr 18, 2024 12:49 pm

Tempted to get Garrick this week to be honest
    the_great_wobbler
    the_great_wobbler

Post by the_great_wobbler Thu Apr 18, 2024 12:49 pm

mrbrownstone wrote:

Appreciate the thoughts! Ponga is so tempting. If we knew for certain he wouldn't play Origin I probably would jump on. Then again that's still what? 6 weeks away? A lot can happen & his upcoming draw is very friendly. Annoyed I didn't get him when he dipped below 700k in R4, then again I might be saying the same when he's 900k in a couple of weeks....

The more I think about it the more sense it makes though, I shouldn't really keep running with Talagi as my only CTR/WFB cover.

I'm a little shy of Ponga after last weeks hip pointer aggravation. He didn't do any infield or goal kicking in the second half which could be a bit of value loss. That's maybe countered by a great schedule next few weeks though.

Having said all that think it's likely he's the best WFB by the end of the year and don't think you can go wrong if you do pick him up.
    BCT05
    BCT05

Post by BCT05 Thu Apr 18, 2024 12:59 pm

mrbrownstone wrote:I think Campbell + Turbo -> Chester + Iro makes sense as my first two trades.

Question is then what to do with Tatola, could afford up to 815k and well and truly stuck in the weeds. Players I've looked at, at least briefly:

- Smithies
    - Marzhew
    - Nikora
    - Bateman
    - Egan
    - Api
    - Tohu
    - AFB
    - Ponga
    - DiFi

Mid would probably be ideal though not essential. Help? I'm leaning Tohu I think. Was on Smithies initially but not sure there's still enough value when Horse returns? There's also the option to sacrifice Iro for Stewart, in which case I'd probably get Hopgood.

Team for context:

Spoiler:

You could use another rd13 WFB right.

I like Marzhew, maybe a week early but could also go and score a 70 this week no worries.
    ForanAgainst
    ForanAgainst

Post by ForanAgainst Thu Apr 18, 2024 1:10 pm

the_great_wobbler wrote:

I'm captaining Hynes, due his bi weekly 75+.

I’ll be happy if he can score anywhere near his last two scores against NQ. I suppose I’ll settle for 70 though.
    Mulvy
    Mulvy

Post by Mulvy Thu Apr 18, 2024 1:41 pm

Holding Cleary has been a bit of a bust.  But at least it's allowed me to clear most of my shittos. Sticking with the plan of patiently going for value again this week:

Shitili,  Levi, Talagi out for Angus, Waddell,  Foran.

Need to decide captain.  Safe play Carrigan vs fun play Ponga.  Worried about the hip though,  so might go compromise option KPP. I think he pushes Salmon and Hutch out of the way for a meaty.
    The Dolphin Conspiracies
    The Dolphin Conspiracies

Post by The Dolphin Conspiracies Thu Apr 18, 2024 1:42 pm

Talagi is an interesting one.

I think he is a bit suspect in defence for now, which is why he did not keep his role as starting CTR.

However, he is a player who will be targeted by with offers from other clubs if he does not get a go in first grade, he has some flair in attack, and Brad Arthur likes him.

I expect him to get an early Carty role at the Eels for the foreseeable future - where he may fill in for a game or two at some stages - but for the most part, he will get between 10 and 20 minutes of the bench late in the game to feck shit up for the opposition with his attacking game.

Where are other people landing with him. There is some potential there but based on this Iro does not seem like a sideways trade. It appears his time is now and he is cheap and has the potential to score well for the rest of the year in a tricky CTR position?

Iro is also owned by 40% of people now. I do not want another Burbo situation where i hold out on a cashie who does ok when i am left with an Schuster type

Last edited by The Dolphin Conspiracies on Thu Apr 18, 2024 1:50 pm; edited 1 time in total

Post by Guest Thu Apr 18, 2024 1:43 pm

Like the bye schedule of the panthers, just can't decide on any of their non origin guys. Will have to consult Ivan.
    wolfking
    wolfking
    Fanatics Immortal

Post by wolfking Thu Apr 18, 2024 1:46 pm

Mulvy wrote:Holding Cleary has been a bit of a bust.  But at least it's allowed me to clear most of my shittos. Sticking with the plan of patiently going for value again this week:

Shitili,  Levi, Talagi out for Angus, Waddell,  Foran.

Need to decide captain.  Safe play Carrigan vs fun play Ponga.  Worried about the hip though,  so might go compromise option KPP. I think he pushes Salmon and Hutch out of the way for a meaty.

Wow, no Iro?
    Mulvy
    Mulvy

Post by Mulvy Thu Apr 18, 2024 1:56 pm

wolfking wrote:

Wow, no Iro?

Probably should have got him in last week. But now with Best, Kiraz and Strange, I don't really want another centre. And I'm after someone more playable on my bench than a centre. If Foran gets the role we think he gets, then he should be more playable than Iro. Probably miss out on a truckload of cash. Or he could be dropped with returning forwards. I don't know. But can't get them all.
    Mulvy
    Mulvy

Post by Mulvy Thu Apr 18, 2024 1:59 pm

Plus the Cowboys are gonna put 50 on the Sharks Very Happy
    Loomer
    Loomer
    Fanatic

Post by Loomer Thu Apr 18, 2024 2:01 pm

If I can afford player I want to bring with little left in the bank I should sell Chan and keep Flanno right? No idea if Chan gets enough minutes to hold even with lowish BE
    mrbrownstone
    mrbrownstone

Post by mrbrownstone Thu Apr 18, 2024 2:07 pm

The Dolphin Conspiracies wrote:Talagi is an interesting one.

I think he is a bit suspect in defence for now, which is why he did not keep his role as starting CTR.

However, he is a player who will be targeted by with offers from other clubs if he does not get a go in first grade, he has some flair in attack, and Brad Arthur likes him.

I expect him to get an early Carty role at the Eels for the foreseeable future - where he may fill in for a game or two at some stages - but for the most part, he will get between 10 and 20 minutes of the bench late in the game to feck shit up for the opposition with his attacking game.

Where are other people landing with him. There is some potential there but based on this Iro does not seem like a sideways trade. It appears his time is now and he is cheap and has the potential to score well for the rest of the year in a tricky CTR position?

Iro is also owned by 40% of people now. I do not want another Burbo situation where i hold out on a cashie who does ok when i am left with an Schuster type

His BE is only 15, worst case he scores 5 off the bench and loses 10-15k. I think he's worth holding just to see what happens. Eels are all over the place, who knows if he's back starting next week.

Made easier by the fact that I already have Tatola, Campbell, Burbo to trade, so I don't have much choice about holding this week.
    wolfking
    wolfking
    Fanatics Immortal

Post by wolfking Thu Apr 18, 2024 2:14 pm

Mulvy wrote:

Probably should have got him in last week. But now with Best, Kiraz and Strange, I don't really want another centre. And I'm after someone more playable on my bench than a centre. If Foran gets the role we think he gets, then he should be more playable than Iro. Probably miss out on a truckload of cash. Or he could be dropped with returning forwards. I don't know. But can't get them all.

All makes sense based on your team setup.
    The Dolphin Conspiracies
    The Dolphin Conspiracies

Post by The Dolphin Conspiracies Thu Apr 18, 2024 2:24 pm

mrbrownstone wrote:

His BE is only 15, worst case he scores 5 off the bench and loses 10-15k. I think he's worth holding just to see what happens. Eels are all over the place, who knows if he's back starting next week.

Made easier by the fact that I already have Tatola, Campbell, Burbo to trade, so I don't have much choice about holding this week.

Yeah so would you keep Talagi and not trade in Iro?
    Camo123
    Camo123
    Fanatic

Post by Camo123 Thu Apr 18, 2024 2:29 pm

Khany wrote:Like the bye schedule of the panthers, just can't decide on any of their non origin guys.  Will have to consult Ivan.

Sorensen is the answer once price drops especially MID looking fairly light for R13
    yanjarra
    yanjarra

Post by yanjarra Thu Apr 18, 2024 2:35 pm

papsmear + turbo OUT
    am i crazy
    yes i am
    Milchcow
    Milchcow

Post by Milchcow Thu Apr 18, 2024 2:38 pm

mrbrownstone wrote:

If you have more pressing trade outs, I agree Talagi might be Ok to hold, but more than a week or 2 with a bench utility role and the price drops could well start coming think and fast.

But as well as potential dropped cash from Talagi, there's also missed price rises from Iro/Waddell/whoever you aren't getting by keeping him - so I wouldn't hold Talagi if it meant missing Iro/Angus/whatever guy you don't have in your team yet

Current date/time is Tue Sep 17, 2024 5:43 am