NRL Fantasy Fanatics

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

NRL Fantasy Fanatics

NRL Fantasy Fanatics - A place for discussion of NRL Fantasy / Virtual Sports / Super Coach and other Fantasy Sports

NRL Fantasy 2024 Part 30 - I'm not furious, I'm just disappointed

Liverpool_Bulldog
    Liverpool_Bulldog
    Fanatic

NRL Fantasy 2024 Part 30 - I'm not furious, I'm just disappointed - Page 16 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2024 Part 30 - I'm not furious, I'm just disappointed

Post by Liverpool_Bulldog Thu Apr 18, 2024 3:50 pm

mrbrownstone wrote:

My 2C, in order of trade first to trade last:

Chan - I don't see a path to him being fantasy relevant again in the near future.

Talagi - Behind Chan because I think there's a slightly better chance he goes back to starting/being useful eventually if the Eels keep shuffling deckchairs.

Hutch - third because at least he's starting and is theoretically more likely to give you a decent score this week than Chan/Talagi if you had to play him. Not likely, but not inconceivable he scores a 45+ like he did in R4 and beats his BE. He won't play the Storm and miss 7 tackles every week.

Levi - his BE is 28 and he's averaging 29. I think he's probably a sell and more or less peaked, but unlike the others he's still starting with an achievable BE, so the least urgent.
    Cheers for the input lads. Didn’t think it would be so ‘tough’ to yeet some shittos. One of them definitely goes for Iro this week, just in time for his benching next week 😜.

Then either one or two go for a couple of guns/subguns.
    Loomer
    Loomer
    Fanatic

NRL Fantasy 2024 Part 30 - I'm not furious, I'm just disappointed - Page 16 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2024 Part 30 - I'm not furious, I'm just disappointed

Post by Loomer Thu Apr 18, 2024 3:52 pm

Silly question probably but have to decide tonight

TU: Sell Chan
    TD: Sell Flanno
    Revraiser
    Revraiser
    Fanatic

Post by Revraiser Thu Apr 18, 2024 3:53 pm

L-Jimmy wrote:

I... didn't tell my groomsmen to wear anything in particular. One guy asked 'dark suit, right', and I said 'yeah'. Then he wore a dark suit. I've been a best man twice, and both time just wore a suit.

Can you just wear a suit?

But if the wedding couple insist on a tux or dinner suit then it makes sense they pay for it.

The Dolphin Conspiracies wrote:

Buy your own T-shirt and thongs - if they want you this dress up like a penguin, then they can foot the bill

Cheers guys, yeh little bit surprised but also not in terns of being a tight ass and past history..   but I'm picking up its old fashioned to have the couple pay and modern day is the groomsmen pay. As YES, they are insisting on a certain format and specific colours for each clothing item. So won't wear again, and shouldn't have to pay. I'm not a tight ass at all, no way.. but I just wouldn't do this to anyone.. especially Ur invitees to a wedding lol.
    BBowler
    BBowler

Post by BBowler Thu Apr 18, 2024 3:58 pm

Api owners…

Are we holding him if we have the cash to upgrade?

I can afford to go him to Ponga and still have Lussick & Cheese to cover hooker.

TU: Keep Api
    TD: Grab Ponga
    Revraiser
    Revraiser
    Fanatic

Post by Revraiser Thu Apr 18, 2024 3:58 pm

Classic hijack Rev, as u were noobs
    the_great_wobbler
    the_great_wobbler

Post by the_great_wobbler Thu Apr 18, 2024 3:59 pm

Liverpool_Bulldog wrote:
    Cheers for the input lads. Didn’t think it would be so ‘tough’ to yeet some shittos. One of them definitely goes for Iro this week, just in time for his benching next week 😜.

Then either one or two go for a couple of guns/subguns.

The answer probably depends a lot on the rest of your team. My answer before was based on my composition. I'm dropping Hutch this week because I'm also carrying Hughes and Salmon into the dogs bye next week, Levi because he's likely going to lose money without another try, don't own Talagi but it seems like BA likes him just isn't a clear role for him and I'm keeping Chan because his BE is very low and I'm curious what his role will be this week. I think there's a chance he could get ok mins taking 10-15 each off Blore and Loiero.
    hymenbustas
    hymenbustas

Post by hymenbustas Thu Apr 18, 2024 3:59 pm

Probably been discussed already but what happened to Tanah Boyd? Dropped or injured? Looking at Hutch to Foran but don't want to waste a trade if he's going to come back anytime soon
    Liverpool_Bulldog
    Liverpool_Bulldog
    Fanatic

Post by Liverpool_Bulldog Thu Apr 18, 2024 3:59 pm

I also think that with Levi and Hutch I’d be more comfortable holding if I could loop them in but they both play after Cleary and he’s my only out this week
    filthridden
    filthridden

Post by filthridden Thu Apr 18, 2024 4:05 pm

Revraiser wrote:Alright lads, today's random query is - what is the consensus in the modern age now, re who pays for the groomsmen suits/kit for a wedding
    u have been invited to ? Has it swung to take care of Ur own costs, each groomsmen ?

I've never paid for a suit I've worn to a wedding as best man or groomsman. I think that's four times? That stretches back 15 years though.

In saying that, they've always been hire suits.

Partners have certainly never paid for bridesmaids dresses either.
    Fraser
    Fraser

Post by Fraser Thu Apr 18, 2024 4:05 pm

Loomer wrote:

Not goal kicking apparently so maybe not field kicking. I wouldn't personally

Thankyou mate!
    filthridden
    filthridden

Post by filthridden Thu Apr 18, 2024 4:05 pm

hymenbustas wrote:Probably been discussed already but what happened to Tanah Boyd? Dropped or injured? Looking at Hutch to Foran but don't want to waste a trade if he's going to come back anytime soon

Dropped. Seems like a nice bloke but he was pretending to be a first grade half.
    Revraiser
    Revraiser
    Fanatic

Post by Revraiser Thu Apr 18, 2024 4:06 pm

@filthridden cheers mate, just curious. Haven't been to a wedding for a while so wasn't sure. Yes Bridesmaids are paying for their own getup and make up and hair too !
    OB
    OB

Post by OB Thu Apr 18, 2024 4:06 pm

The Dolphin Conspiracies wrote:How many clubs are represented in your team at the moment. I think diversity in this form is a good way, in general, of making sure you have enough players for each bye round

Currently - taking into account this week's trades, I am good for 13 out of 17 clubs

Just missing

Penrith, Manly, St George Illawarra, and Newcastle

I don't have anyone from St George, Warriors, Dolphins, Panthers or Rabbits assuming I go with currently locked in trades. Bringing in a Titan and a Manly player this week (probably).
    Liverpool_Bulldog
    Liverpool_Bulldog
    Fanatic

Post by Liverpool_Bulldog Thu Apr 18, 2024 4:07 pm

the_great_wobbler wrote:

The answer probably depends a lot on the rest of your team. My answer before was based on my composition. I'm dropping Hutch this week because I'm also carrying Hughes and Salmon into the dogs bye next week, Levi because he's likely going to lose money without another try, don't own Talagi but it seems like BA likes him just isn't a clear role for him and I'm keeping Chan because his BE is very low and I'm curious what his role will be this week. I think there's a chance he could get ok mins taking 10-15 each off Blore and Loiero.
    Originally my three leaving were all the guys with a bye coming up in the next few rounds. Hutch (Salmon, Hughes), Talagi (Lussick, Gutho), Levi (Fog, Strange, Kris, Chevy).

I have 644k in the bank so feel like this is a good time to spend it.

Not overly concerned about losing any of these guys
    Milchcow
    Milchcow

Post by Milchcow Thu Apr 18, 2024 4:08 pm

If Jake Granville can get better playing time than Jason Taumalolo, I don't think he has to worry about Karl Lawton taking minutes from him
    White Lightning
    White Lightning
    Fanatic

Post by White Lightning Thu Apr 18, 2024 4:09 pm

why do people get married when they'll divorce 6 mths later
    Snatchpato
    Snatchpato

Post by Snatchpato Thu Apr 18, 2024 4:09 pm

Revraiser wrote:Alright lads, today's random query is - what is the consensus in the modern age now, re who pays for the groomsmen suits/kit for a wedding
    u have been invited to ? Has it swung to take care of Ur own costs, each groomsmen ?
    Changes wedding to wedding. I've been to them where I had to pay for my own suit, but at my wedding I'm forking out for the cost of my groomsmen's suits. Not sure there's a clear answer but in my mind I think the groom should be paying for the suits.
    Milchcow
    Milchcow

Post by Milchcow Thu Apr 18, 2024 4:13 pm

When I got married (almost 20 years ago) I offered to pay for my groomsmen's suits but they both declined and purchased it themselves.

I've only been a groomsmen once, and I don't even remember if I paid for my own suit or not, but suspect I would have at least offered.
    BBowler
    BBowler

Post by BBowler Thu Apr 18, 2024 4:14 pm

Weiland wrote:Fuck it, I am doing Taylan to Chester. I know Taylan is gonna get 70 this week but that extra 200k will be nice for next week.

I’ve made the same call, so he’s definitely going large!
    Ando
    Ando

Post by Ando Thu Apr 18, 2024 4:15 pm

mrbrownstone wrote:

My 2C, in order of trade first to trade last:

Chan - I don't see a path to him being fantasy relevant again in the near future.

Talagi - Behind Chan because I think there's a slightly better chance he goes back to starting/being useful eventually if the Eels keep shuffling deckchairs.

Hutch - third because at least he's starting and is theoretically more likely to give you a decent score this week than Chan/Talagi if you had to play him. Not likely, but not inconceivable he scores a 45+ like he did in R4 and beats his BE. He won't play the Storm and miss 7 tackles every week.

Levi - his BE is 28 and he's averaging 29. I think he's probably a sell and more or less peaked, but unlike the others he's still starting with an achievable BE, so the least urgent.

No but this week he faces the Knights lethal left edge  affraid

Current date/time is Thu Sep 19, 2024 12:13 pm