NRL Fantasy Fanatics

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

NRL Fantasy Fanatics

NRL Fantasy Fanatics - A place for discussion of NRL Fantasy / Virtual Sports / Super Coach and other Fantasy Sports

NRL Fantasy 2024 Part 36 - Undercover Mods

Chewie
    Chewie
    Fanatic

NRL Fantasy 2024 Part 36 - Undercover Mods - Page 40 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2024 Part 36 - Undercover Mods

Post by Chewie Tue May 07, 2024 1:10 am

wolfking wrote:When do we get 4 trades a week?  Just starting to look ahead and round 14 is going to be a slaughter.  You really can't carry that many Raiders, Roosters and Dolphins into round 13 because you'll be fucked in 14.  Tricky two rounds to navigate, that's not including Origin.  So, if you're looking to attack byes looking for players playing both is ideal, but who is there;

Sharks;

Hynes (Potentially Origin bound)
    Nikora (if Angus gets an origin call up)
    McInnes (potential Origin)
    Iro (everyone has him anyway)
    Atkinson (handy if Trindall is still out)

Panthers;

May (I think one of the best pickups for this period at current price)
    Sorenson (if he makes it back on the park but unreliable)
    Tago (Probably just as good as May as a pickup, maybe better)
    JFH (Bit of a meh option but can get you 45-50 on a good day)
    Edwards (the WFB we all missed again)

Dogs;

Curran (Good option.  Rotations and minutes slight concern)
    Shoes (Looks a hold at this stage for a tricky postion)
    Kiraz (Another one of the best options with DPP)
    Mahoney (Who would have thought)
    Burton (Scoring well when the Dogs are playing well.  Origin chance, not really needed for the positon long term)

Eels;

Brown (solid option if you already have him, not sure if worth the pickup now)
    Matto (Smokey option with Hoppo Origin bound)
    Simo (underprice, DPP)
    Penis (Gun centre, keeper if you gab him)
    Russell (Possibility if playing FB, but a potato)

Knights;

KPP (everyone already has him)
    Brailey (Should be fine if already picked up despite last weeks hiccup)
    Armstrong (Looks to have held the spot, probably the last week to grab him this week)
    Marzhew (Playing like shit but has the pedigree at a large discount)
    Best (Keeper center, Origin chance, scoring well)

Dragons;

Huth (Exceeding expectations)
    Liddle (Rollercoaster but not the worst option.  Loves a headknock though)
    Flanno (Could be a cashout come round 12 if you hate yourself that much)

Cows;

Drinkwater (Could actually be the best option across both rounds now looking at things)
    Robson (Easily the second best option if he somehow misses Origin.  Expensive now though)
    Mikaele (May pick up some more minutes with Cotter out and Granville experiencing some ED at the moment)

I guess there's a few options there you'd be happy to hold all year, but seriously gonna be a tough couple of rounds.  If you can field 13 and 17 without burning 6-8 trades you're doing well.

I'll probably have 4 on the bye in round 14, then it's just hoping that the Origin stars back-up. very likely to have to make trades to cover for that round
    wolfking
    wolfking
    Fanatics Immortal

NRL Fantasy 2024 Part 36 - Undercover Mods - Page 40 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2024 Part 36 - Undercover Mods

Post by wolfking Tue May 07, 2024 1:16 am

Chewie wrote:

I'll probably have 4 on the bye in round 14, then it's just hoping that the Origin stars back-up. very likely to have to make trades to cover for that round

I only gave it some actual thought because I realised I could potentially have 6 players on a bye. (Plath, Fuller, Angus, May, Kris, Strange). Looks like I'll need to look closely at May, Kris and Strange and see if they can be replaced with some of the players I listed before then. Strange and Kris probably were gone before then but Weeks a trade in, his name just subs in for one of Strange/Kris.
    mattnz
    Fanatic

Post by mattnz Tue May 07, 2024 1:24 am

rhinoceroo wrote:

Who do you trust more? The guy who thinks modern medicine is evil or the guy with the prison tattoos?

At least one of them you can tell is really planning for his life after football.
    Chewie
    Chewie
    Fanatic

Post by Chewie Tue May 07, 2024 1:25 am

wolfking wrote:

I only gave it some actual thought because I realised I could potentially have 6 players on a bye. (Plath, Fuller, Angus, May, Kris, Strange).  Looks like I'll need to look closely at May, Kris and Strange and see if they can be replaced with some of the players I listed before then.  Strange and Kris probably were gone before then but Weeks a trade in, his name just subs in for one of Strange/Kris.

yeah I'm looking at getting Weekes in for Strange, just to keep the rd14 numbers down
    mattnz
    Fanatic

Post by mattnz Tue May 07, 2024 1:26 am

wolfking wrote:

I only gave it some actual thought because I realised I could potentially have 6 players on a bye. (Plath, Fuller, Angus, May, Kris, Strange).  Looks like I'll need to look closely at May, Kris and Strange and see if they can be replaced with some of the players I listed before then.  Strange and Kris probably were gone before then but Weeks a trade in, his name just subs in for one of Strange/Kris.

Wow, no Weekes? (Me neither)
    Bethany_B
    Bethany_B

Post by Bethany_B Tue May 07, 2024 1:31 am

Chewie wrote:

I currently have three guys with that bye - Strange, Ikat and Angus, plus Weekes who I plan to buy next week. Strange will almost certainly be sold that round if not earlier (I have enough R13 backs so he isn't needed), and I may sell Ikat too if needed.

For me the bigger issue is owning up to 8 Origin players (Grant, Carrigan, Hopgood, Angus, Cleary, Hynes, Walsh, Turbo), though I'm planning to trade Turbo next week and 1-2 more of these guys at R13 itself.
    Chewie
    Chewie
    Fanatic

Post by Chewie Tue May 07, 2024 2:10 am

Bethany_B wrote:

I currently have three guys with that bye - Strange, Ikat and Angus, plus Weekes who I plan to buy next week. Strange will almost certainly be sold that round if not earlier (I have enough R13 backs so he isn't needed), and I may sell Ikat too if needed.

For me the bigger issue is owning up to 8 Origin players (Grant, Carrigan, Hopgood, Angus, Cleary, Hynes, Walsh, Turbo), though I'm planning to trade Turbo next week and 1-2 more of these guys at R13 itself.

Oh wow that's a lot of origin players, I only have Hynes, Cleary, Turbo and Angus. Also planning to trade Turbo to Manu before rd13, just hoping Turbo can close the gap with some boom games with Manu having a couple quiet games before then.
    It would be nice if Hynes and Angus don't make the cut for origin, but I feel that's very unlikely
    mrbrownstone
    mrbrownstone

Post by mrbrownstone Tue May 07, 2024 2:12 am

Would Pap, Cheese, Finefeiuaki to Hynes, Armstrong, Atkinson be stupid? Just sick to death of not owning him!
    Teeth Eater
    Teeth Eater

Post by Teeth Eater Tue May 07, 2024 2:15 am

Thought Pap was more 6-8 than 4-6. In light of current trade situation for many, is anyone considering holding him?

I’ve been burnt too hard with Cleary and Piakura holds to do it again, but man that’d be a tempting hold otherwise, considering how much I’ve burned through trades.
    Bethany_B
    Bethany_B

Post by Bethany_B Tue May 07, 2024 2:16 am

Chewie wrote:

Oh wow that's a lot of origin players, I only have Hynes, Cleary, Turbo and Angus. Also planning to trade Turbo to Manu before rd13, just hoping Turbo can close the gap with some boom games with Manu having a couple quiet games before then.
    It would be nice if Hynes and Angus don't make the cut for origin, but I feel that's very unlikely

Yup it's a lot, hence why I'm probably trading some of them.

Just sucks that a lot of the best scorers (especially at MID) are Origin guys. I'd probably trade both Carrigan and Hopgood if not for the fact that all the non-Origin MIDs suck (bar AFB)
    wolfking
    wolfking
    Fanatics Immortal

Post by wolfking Tue May 07, 2024 2:22 am

Teeth Eater wrote:Thought Pap was more 6-8 than 4-6. In light of current trade situation for many, is anyone considering holding him?

I’ve been burnt too hard with Cleary and Piakura holds to do it again, but man that’d be a tempting hold otherwise, considering how much I’ve burned through trades.

Coming into the bye period, I think you'd be shooting yourself in the foot if you held him.
    Teeth Eater
    Teeth Eater

Post by Teeth Eater Tue May 07, 2024 2:26 am

wolfking wrote:

Coming into the bye period, I think you'd be shooting yourself in the foot if you held him.

Yeah, I should add I gave up on any Overall dreams months ago and it’s purely H2H from now on, and I thought with the byes he might even miss less actual games maybe? Not sure, haven’t looked that deep into it.

Like I said, won’t do it, but it’s more tempting than first thought. If I had more players to punt than I currently do I would actually lend some serious thought to it.
    L-Jimmy
    L-Jimmy

Post by L-Jimmy Tue May 07, 2024 2:31 am

Teeth Eater wrote:Thought Pap was more 6-8 than 4-6. In light of current trade situation for many, is anyone considering holding him?

Without GK he doesn't feel like a final 17 player, and with his injury history...

decision:

the_great_wobbler
    the_great_wobbler

Post by the_great_wobbler Tue May 07, 2024 2:35 am

Currently eying up Chan, Salmon, Pap for Matto, Drinky and Duncan (that ones TLT depend, maybe just grab Weekes early)

Spoiler:

Maybe makes sense to drop Strange this week over Salmon though, squeeze a little more blood from the stone.

Last edited by the_great_wobbler on Tue May 07, 2024 2:37 am; edited 1 time in total
    Chewie
    Chewie
    Fanatic

Post by Chewie Tue May 07, 2024 2:36 am

Bethany_B wrote:

Yup it's a lot, hence why I'm probably trading some of them.

Just sucks that a lot of the best scorers (especially at MID) are Origin guys. I'd probably trade both Carrigan and Hopgood if not for the fact that all the non-Origin MIDs suck (bar AFB)

Jolliffe (rd16 and rd19) and Plath (plays all 3 major byes, but is out rd14) aren't too shaby
    Bateman when he gets MID added (rd16 and rd19)
    my tv broke
    my tv broke
    Fanatics Immortal

Post by my tv broke Tue May 07, 2024 2:39 am

Broncos training news - Josh Rogers in the 7. Madden training with ressies but in red bib, won't be ready to play this week.
    Aardvark
    Aardvark

Post by Aardvark Tue May 07, 2024 2:53 am

my tv broke wrote:Broncos training news - Josh Rogers in the 7. Madden training with ressies but in red bib, won't be ready to play this week.

Wow, no dragging out the suspense?
    WT Winfield
    WT Winfield

Post by WT Winfield Tue May 07, 2024 3:08 am

Yeah I really need my info to be drip-fed in riddle form thanks guys
    Tigs
    Tigs

Post by Tigs Tue May 07, 2024 3:19 am

Dolphins are set to be boosted by the return of star centre Herbie Farnworth for Thursday night’s clash with Manly. (Travis Meyn)
    Chewie
    Chewie
    Fanatic

Post by Chewie Tue May 07, 2024 3:20 am

my tv broke wrote:Broncos training news - Josh Rogers in the 7. Madden training with ressies but in red bib, won't be ready to play this week.

Spoiler:

Current date/time is Mon Sep 16, 2024 8:31 pm