NRL Fantasy Fanatics

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

NRL Fantasy Fanatics

NRL Fantasy Fanatics - A place for discussion of NRL Fantasy / Virtual Sports / Super Coach and other Fantasy Sports

NRL Fantasy 2024 Part 36 - Undercover Mods

robelgordo
    robelgordo
    Fanatic

NRL Fantasy 2024 Part 36 - Undercover Mods - Page 39 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2024 Part 36 - Undercover Mods

Post by robelgordo Tue May 07, 2024 8:47 am

Teeth Eater wrote:Speaking of Bunnies, embarrassingly, I'm very interested in Wighton. Hadn't even considered Origin as a factor but watching 100% Footy last night, Gallen dropped a big spiel on how much he thinks Wighton should be in the NSW team.

Obviously he's not a selector, but what do we think the odds are that he plays Origin? I didn't think anyone from the Bunnies would be looked at for Origin now Murray is down, and what's the story with his withdrawal from Origin last year? Was that a one-off, or was that an all encompassing retirement from Origin?

I'd rather no complications if I go down this route as owning a player from the Bunnies seems enough complication itself.

Classic NSW to want to pick a guy past his best from a team of losers
    Chewie
    Chewie
    Fanatic

NRL Fantasy 2024 Part 36 - Undercover Mods - Page 39 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2024 Part 36 - Undercover Mods

Post by Chewie Tue May 07, 2024 8:52 am

Pookus McFly wrote:BREAKING NEWS: My sources tell me that there is going to be a huge OUT this week that will have plenty scrambling and panicking to fix their teams. Its still all hush hush at the moment so I can’t spill, but I will give you guys one clue- this player is in Rabbit21’s team.

my tv broke wrote:

just heard the same thing from my source. the implications are HUGE

affraid the nervous wait is on
    Revraiser
    Revraiser
    Fanatic

Post by Revraiser Tue May 07, 2024 9:01 am

easytiger wrote:Just reading through the Judiciary charges;
    15 fines this week totalling $28,400 if they're not contested.

If the NRL can keep that up each week (as clearly, the fines aren't reducing jackshit), then they could amass $750k in a year

My suggestion would be that money would be great to funnel back into ahhhh.... NRL fantasy prizes, might even leave enough after some big prizes to *cough* upgrade the app or scorers etc

I honestly do not understand why we aren't paying say a $5.00 fee to play each year, get some prizes going and make a few $$ and improve the whole thing a little
    Revraiser
    Revraiser
    Fanatic

Post by Revraiser Tue May 07, 2024 9:04 am

Yeh no more Wighton in Origin, bloody hell. Has Pearce been tapped on the shoulder for a recall ?

Edit: Re Wighton, I mean pls no more, he has had his chance.

Last edited by Revraiser on Tue May 07, 2024 9:34 am; edited 1 time in total
    Loomer
    Loomer
    Fanatic

Post by Loomer Tue May 07, 2024 9:07 am

Revraiser wrote:

I honestly do not understand why we aren't paying say a $5.00 fee to play each year, get some prizes going and make a few $$ and improve the whole thing a little

At least when it's free they can say shut up losers, we're not changing the incorrect scoring
    rhinoceroo
    rhinoceroo
    Fanatic

Post by rhinoceroo Tue May 07, 2024 9:08 am

The Pascoe Fiasco wrote:
    He’s going to miss 13. 14, 16. And 19. No doubt he comes off the bench 17 and 20 or is rested. Looks like a Rd 13. I’m selling to Bateman in Rd 14 as he only misses Rd 13. I currently have a functioning 1-13 for Rd 13 and won’t be getting any injuries to those players between now and Rd 13.

Hold on, has there been actual talk of Angus playing Origin? Well as he's playing, what with the stresses and player welfare etc. I'd imagine Martin and Haumole are well ahead of him in pecking order. Martin is locked in, and Haumole has been playing better for longer than Angus this year, just isn't in anyone's fantasy team. Suppose he does have good chance of the NSW bench if he's available now Murray's out though.
    ytsb
    ytsb

Post by ytsb Tue May 07, 2024 9:18 am

Didn’t Wighton retire from rep footy or something?
    rhinoceroo
    rhinoceroo
    Fanatic

Post by rhinoceroo Tue May 07, 2024 9:22 am

ytsb wrote:Didn’t Wighton retire from rep footy or something?

Souths: Here's your contract

Jack (looks at contract): What if I retired from Origin?

Souths: How about an extra $100k?

Jack: Ok

Souths: Ok

Jack: Ok. Don't write anything down though.

wolfking
    wolfking
    Fanatics Immortal

Post by wolfking Tue May 07, 2024 9:25 am

When do we get 4 trades a week?  Just starting to look ahead and round 14 is going to be a slaughter.  You really can't carry that many Raiders, Roosters and Dolphins into round 13 because you'll be fucked in 14.  Tricky two rounds to navigate, that's not including Origin.  So, if you're looking to attack byes looking for players playing both is ideal, but who is there;

Sharks;

Hynes (Potentially Origin bound)
    Nikora (if Angus gets an origin call up)
    McInnes (potential Origin)
    Iro (everyone has him anyway)
    Atkinson (handy if Trindall is still out)

Panthers;

May (I think one of the best pickups for this period at current price)
    Sorenson (if he makes it back on the park but unreliable)
    Tago (Probably just as good as May as a pickup, maybe better)
    JFH (Bit of a meh option but can get you 45-50 on a good day)
    Edwards (the WFB we all missed again)

Dogs;

Curran (Good option.  Rotations and minutes slight concern)
    Shoes (Looks a hold at this stage for a tricky postion)
    Kiraz (Another one of the best options with DPP)
    Mahoney (Who would have thought)
    Burton (Scoring well when the Dogs are playing well.  Origin chance, not really needed for the positon long term)

Eels;

Brown (solid option if you already have him, not sure if worth the pickup now)
    Matto (Smokey option with Hoppo Origin bound)
    Simo (underprice, DPP)
    Penis (Gun centre, keeper if you gab him)
    Russell (Possibility if playing FB, but a potato)

Knights;

KPP (everyone already has him)
    Brailey (Should be fine if already picked up despite last weeks hiccup)
    Armstrong (Looks to have held the spot, probably the last week to grab him this week)
    Marzhew (Playing like shit but has the pedigree at a large discount)
    Best (Keeper center, Origin chance, scoring well)

Dragons;

Huth (Exceeding expectations)
    Liddle (Rollercoaster but not the worst option.  Loves a headknock though)
    Flanno (Could be a cashout come round 12 if you hate yourself that much)

Cows;

Drinkwater (Could actually be the best option across both rounds now looking at things)
    Robson (Easily the second best option if he somehow misses Origin.  Expensive now though)
    Mikaele (May pick up some more minutes with Cotter out and Granville experiencing some ED at the moment)

I guess there's a few options there you'd be happy to hold all year, but seriously gonna be a tough couple of rounds.  If you can field 13 and 17 without burning 6-8 trades you're doing well.

Last edited by wolfking on Tue May 07, 2024 9:26 am; edited 1 time in total
    wolfking
    wolfking
    Fanatics Immortal

Post by wolfking Tue May 07, 2024 9:26 am

rhinoceroo wrote:

Hold on, has there been actual talk of Angus playing Origin? Well as he's playing, what with the stresses and player welfare etc. I'd imagine Martin and Haumole are well ahead of him in pecking order. Martin is locked in, and Haumole has been playing better for longer than Angus this year, just isn't in anyone's fantasy team. Suppose he does have good chance of the NSW bench if he's available now Murray's out though.

Could easily get a bench spot.
    The Pascoe Fiasco
    The Pascoe Fiasco

Post by The Pascoe Fiasco Tue May 07, 2024 9:29 am

rhinoceroo wrote:

Yes the bench. That at least means he should be able to back up, but with that stacked Roosters pack who knows what Robbo will do.
    The Pascoe Fiasco
    The Pascoe Fiasco

Post by The Pascoe Fiasco Tue May 07, 2024 9:30 am

ytsb wrote:Didn’t Wighton retire from rep footy or something?
    Perhaps we should be calling him Whispering Jack!
    rhinoceroo
    rhinoceroo
    Fanatic

Post by rhinoceroo Tue May 07, 2024 9:31 am

4 trades kicks in after R12, Wolfie
    my tv broke
    my tv broke
    Fanatics Immortal

Post by my tv broke Tue May 07, 2024 9:31 am

I will buy Tago for near 500k and the panthers will instantly change everything so that Taylan May is getting all the attacking ball and Tago calls for the cardigan out on his side
    rhinoceroo
    rhinoceroo
    Fanatic

Post by rhinoceroo Tue May 07, 2024 9:35 am

my tv broke wrote:I will buy Tago for near 500k and the panthers will instantly change everything so that Taylan May is getting all the attacking ball and Tago calls for the cardigan out on his side

Who do you trust more? The guy who thinks modern medicine is evil or the guy with the prison tattoos?
    Welsh Mafia
    Welsh Mafia

Post by Welsh Mafia Tue May 07, 2024 9:36 am

multiple.scoregasms wrote:Pretty soon we will need to make a decision on Galvin. Doesn't get bulk kick metres or goal kicking so base is pretty questionable. Seems to rely heavily on his running game for fantasy points (tbs, offloads, run metres). Probably settles around 600-650k as a ~45 average half. Very good bye schedule post round 13 will make him hard to dump during that period. If anyone has trades left will be one to consider moving to a real keeper from round 20 onwards

That idea sounds like a Luxury right now. With Sezer out 4 weeks, I reckon he'll pick up some good KM's which'll help base.

wolfking
    wolfking
    Fanatics Immortal

Post by wolfking Tue May 07, 2024 9:38 am

rhinoceroo wrote:4 trades kicks in after R12, Wolfie

Did think that, thanks mate.
    WT Winfield
    WT Winfield

Post by WT Winfield Tue May 07, 2024 9:41 am

wolfking wrote:When do we get 4 trades a week?  Just starting to look ahead and round 14 is going to be a slaughter.  You really can't carry that many Raiders, Roosters and Dolphins into round 13 because you'll be fucked in 14.  Tricky two rounds to navigate, that's not including Origin.  So, if you're looking to attack byes looking for players playing both is ideal, but who is there;

Sharks;

Panthers;

Dogs;

Burton (Scoring well when the Dogs are playing well.  Origin chance, not really needed for the positon long term)

Eels;

Simo (underprice, DPP)

Knights;

Armstrong (Looks to have held the spot, probably the last week to grab him this week)

Dragons;

Cows;

Drinkwater (Could actually be the best option across both rounds now looking at things)
    Robson (Easily the second best option if he somehow misses Origin.  Expensive now though)
    Mikaele (May pick up some more minutes with Cotter out and Granville experiencing some ED at the moment)

I guess there's a few options there you'd be happy to hold all year, but seriously gonna be a tough couple of rounds.  If you can field 13 and 17 without burning 6-8 trades you're doing well.

Definitely keen on bringing Flanno back of all those, if he dips below 350k. Another easy 100k for 2 trades.

Pretty good breakdown though Cool
    The Pascoe Fiasco
    The Pascoe Fiasco

Post by The Pascoe Fiasco Tue May 07, 2024 9:43 am

wolfking wrote:When do we get 4 trades a week?  Just starting to look ahead and round 14 is going to be a slaughter.  You really can't carry that many Raiders, Roosters and Dolphins into round 13 because you'll be fucked in 14.  Tricky two rounds to navigate, that's not including Origin.  So, if you're looking to attack byes looking for players playing both is ideal, but who is there;

Sharks;

Panthers;

Dogs;

Eels;

Simo (underprice, DPP)

Knights;

Dragons;

Cows;

Based on no injuries I have 4 planned trades to have 14 in 13 and 19 in 14. That leaves me 13 trades. What could possibly go wrong with that plan so far out!
    Fortitude
    Fortitude

Post by Fortitude Tue May 07, 2024 9:46 am

rhinoceroo wrote:

Souths: Here's your contract

Jack (looks at contract): What if I retired from Origin?

Souths: How about an extra $100k?

Jack: Ok. Don't write anything down though.

You give wighton’s vocabulary too much credit.

Current date/time is Tue Sep 17, 2024 5:19 am