NRL Fantasy Fanatics

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

NRL Fantasy Fanatics

NRL Fantasy Fanatics - A place for discussion of NRL Fantasy / Virtual Sports / Super Coach and other Fantasy Sports

NRL Fantasy 2024 Part 37 - All Our Reserve Graders Are Unavailable

Welsh Mafia
    Welsh Mafia

NRL Fantasy 2024 Part 37 - All Our Reserve Graders Are Unavailable - Page 8 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2024 Part 37 - All Our Reserve Graders Are Unavailable

Post by Welsh Mafia Wed May 08, 2024 4:13 pm

AJ feels like he could be quite a safe option up until atleast round 16. At FB he's a great option and seems to be very involved this year. If JC comes back and takes the FB spot, surely he moves into 5/8 given they only have Foran there for the next 6 weeks?

If he goes to 5/8, he'll have plenty of ball and some action on final plays. Feels like either way it goes with JC, he's pretty safe.

The risk is worst case, he ends up back at Centre when JC is back... but with Titans player stocks and how impactful he's been the last few weeks.. surely not?

I guess I'm trying to convince myself of if its him or Fa'Alago, who is only going to be a shorter term option.

TU: Fa'Alago
    TD: Brimson
    Welsh Mafia
    Welsh Mafia

NRL Fantasy 2024 Part 37 - All Our Reserve Graders Are Unavailable - Page 8 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2024 Part 37 - All Our Reserve Graders Are Unavailable

Post by Welsh Mafia Wed May 08, 2024 4:14 pm

precursor wrote:

Probably the same ins for me, but unsure whether to flick Piakura or Salmon. Piakura has the better job security but he's been an absolute missed tackle fiend this season.

Third option is save the trade as Salmon and Piakura could easily wait a week in your team and Fainu shouldn't get away from you with a 22 BE.
    robelgordo
    robelgordo
    Fanatic

Post by robelgordo Wed May 08, 2024 4:19 pm

mattnz wrote:
    Marzhew hasn't scored well at all this season and without Ponga I can't see Knights suddenly creating lots of tries for their wingers.

Small sample but Marzhew has a better fantasy average across 2023 and 2024 without Ponga
    robelgordo
    robelgordo
    Fanatic

Post by robelgordo Wed May 08, 2024 4:23 pm

Milchcow wrote:

I guess its a combination of preferring Cleary at halfback and thinking  Hynes is too similar a player.

It's like how Qld never played Cronk and Thurston together because while they were the two best halves both were too similar as dominant halves...
    Aardvark
    Aardvark

Post by Aardvark Wed May 08, 2024 4:24 pm

The Bludger#2 wrote:

Do you have connections to people who work in the corporate world?
    It never ceases to amaze me how much money is burnt through downsizing, making employees redundant and then paying more for sub-contracted people to do the same job.
    A mate's dad was made redundant, full year salary pay-out, then within 3 months was re-hired by the same corporation (he works in banking/insurance) in a different position on higher pay.
    Insanity.

Now, if only teachers could get the DET to do that.

A lot of the executive teams at publicly listed companies are handsomely rewarded with bonuses (stock or cash) for hitting specific KPI's rather than through direct salaries.

There are usually a number of ways of achieving those KPI's other than selling more shit. The board generally don't mind how the goals are achieved and neither do the shareholders (which a lot of us are through either direct investment or super).

Viewing employees as people rather than a means of production you can flex up or down generally doesn't figure high on the list of priorities, neither does long term planning unless it's specifically tied to remuneration.

People will do what they can to achieve the maximum possible bonus and they will be applauded for it regardless of the human cost. Most employees at these companies are hanging around waiting to be made redundant but it only happens to the 'lucky' few most of the rest just suck up the extra work and hope they get moved on next round.

I'm not railing against anything here (I'm well aware as a shareholder I am an active participant) but this is how it works. It's a bit fucked up.

A redundancy also gave us a helping hand with a house deposit.

Last edited by Aardvark on Wed May 08, 2024 4:26 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Enchanted Glossy Flamingo
    Enchanted Glossy Flamingo

Post by Enchanted Glossy Flamingo Wed May 08, 2024 4:25 pm

I've reversed Cheese out. Feels like stockholm syndrome at this point
    Aardvark
    Aardvark

Post by Aardvark Wed May 08, 2024 4:27 pm

Enchanted Glossy Flamingo wrote:I've reversed Cheese out. Feels like stockholm syndrome at this point

I'll still be doing pretend Cheese trades from Monday to Thursday in 5 or 6 rounds
    Tigs
    Tigs

Post by Tigs Wed May 08, 2024 4:35 pm

robelgordo
    robelgordo
    Fanatic

Post by robelgordo Wed May 08, 2024 4:40 pm

Tigs wrote:

Flegler one is super weird, even NRL physio is baffled.

Aitken stonks up with Kaufusi , KBrom and NULL all playing bits in the middle. I think I'd rather take Aitken over Manu atm if going top shelf CTR for R13.

Post by Guest Wed May 08, 2024 4:41 pm

BBowler wrote:

Technically it is after the last series…which they lost.

This is why the Blues have always struggled with origin, the big match players aren't always killing it in club land.
    Loomer
    Loomer
    Fanatic

Post by Loomer Wed May 08, 2024 4:51 pm

Camo123 wrote:Got itchy trigger finger of Piakura to CWalker

Surely dominates kicks next to rookie and assists slightly better with my bye planning. Also another guy you’d think just makes some decent money without you realising as priced way below career average

Means benching 500k asset though (Brailey/Galvin) if/when I have no loop

I want to get rid of Piakura too and looking at Cody after mentioned on podcast. Had no idea he scored 51 last game and that new half has 70km average in cup apparently
    Aardvark
    Aardvark

Post by Aardvark Wed May 08, 2024 4:51 pm

robelgordo wrote:

Flegler one is super weird, even NRL physio is baffled.

Aitken stonks up with Kaufusi , KBrom and NULL all playing bits in the middle. I think I'd rather take Aitken over Manu atm if going top shelf CTR for R13.

Imagine if anyone had bought Aitken 6 rounds ago at $550k...they would be laughing it up.

He probably stays there all year now for a lovely 50 average.
    wolfking
    wolfking
    Fanatics Immortal

Post by wolfking Wed May 08, 2024 4:56 pm

Tigs wrote:

Don't like reading this as a Fuller owner.
    rhinoceroo
    rhinoceroo
    Fanatic

Post by rhinoceroo Wed May 08, 2024 5:00 pm

Aardvark wrote:

Imagine if anyone had bought Aitken 6 rounds ago at $550k...they would be laughing it up.

He probably stays there all year now for a lovely 50 average.

I bought Aitken 6 rounds ago at $557k.

I am not laughing it up, however, because I did a lot of other shit as well.
    Teeth Eater
    Teeth Eater

Post by Teeth Eater Wed May 08, 2024 5:09 pm

wolfking wrote:

Don't like reading this as a Fuller owner.

Yep, definitely not ideal reading. One more week would have been nice. Feels like an awkward hold too, just hoping he’ll get a match here and there through Origin. Oh well, next week’s problem, I guess.
    wolfking
    wolfking
    Fanatics Immortal

Post by wolfking Wed May 08, 2024 5:12 pm

Teeth Eater wrote:

Yep, definitely not ideal reading. One more week would have been nice. Feels like an awkward hold too, just hoping he’ll get a match here and there through Origin. Oh well, next week’s problem, I guess.

He'll play each big býe round so probably a reluctant awkward hold.
    precursor
    precursor

Post by precursor Wed May 08, 2024 5:22 pm

Welsh Mafia wrote:

Third option is save the trade

This is an option I've barely considered all year, hence why I've only got 20 trades left lol. I just think if Salmon gets subbed early our if Piakura has another stinker, Fainu could be a 20 point upgrade on both.
    filthridden
    filthridden

Post by filthridden Wed May 08, 2024 5:31 pm

Grant
    Cotter, Waddell, Salmon
    KPP, Crichton
    Hynes, Cleary
    Iro, Burbo
    Turbo, Teddy, Kris

Galvin, Robson, Brailey, Weekes

Papenhuyzen, Hughes, Piakura, Armstrong

Do I have this set up right?

The idea is if Armstrong goes well I get him in WFB in place of Kris

If Armstrong tanks it, I can trade Papenhuyzen to Fa'alogo

Then I can loop Hughes and Piakura through Weekes.

Thoughts?
    Camo123
    Camo123
    Fanatic

Post by Camo123 Wed May 08, 2024 5:35 pm

filthridden wrote:Grant
    Cotter, Waddell, Salmon
    KPP, Crichton
    Hynes, Cleary
    Iro, Burbo
    Turbo, Teddy, Kris

Galvin, Robson, Brailey, Weekes

Papenhuyzen, Hughes, Piakura, Armstrong

Do I have this set up right?

The idea is if Armstrong goes well I get him in WFB in place of Kris

If Armstrong tanks it, I can trade Papenhuyzen to Fa'alogo

Then I can loop Hughes and Piakura through Weekes.

Thoughts?

Did you swap out your black deck chair for a brown deck chair halfway through the post
    Revraiser
    Revraiser
    Fanatic

Post by Revraiser Wed May 08, 2024 5:59 pm

Enchanted Glossy Flamingo wrote:I've reversed Cheese out. Feels like stockholm syndrome at this point

Laugh 3 Laugh 3

Current date/time is Tue Sep 17, 2024 6:19 am