NRL Fantasy Fanatics

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

NRL Fantasy Fanatics

NRL Fantasy Fanatics - A place for discussion of NRL Fantasy / Virtual Sports / Super Coach and other Fantasy Sports

NRL Fantasy 2024 Part 37 - All Our Reserve Graders Are Unavailable

mickspicks
    mickspicks

NRL Fantasy 2024 Part 37 - All Our Reserve Graders Are Unavailable - Page 7 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2024 Part 37 - All Our Reserve Graders Are Unavailable

Post by mickspicks Wed 8 May 2024 - 16:28

The last two rounds without Hynes has absolutely tanked my season. Dropped 10k, which is insane.

I've got him as a trade in this week. Feels almost useless now but I think I have to do it. Will pay off particularly if he's not in nsw.

Other trade in is Mikaele. With Cotter and Nanai in origin you'd think his minutes may rise. Maybe. TP is unpredictable.

Waiting another week on Matto.
    mickspicks
    mickspicks

NRL Fantasy 2024 Part 37 - All Our Reserve Graders Are Unavailable - Page 7 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2024 Part 37 - All Our Reserve Graders Are Unavailable

Post by mickspicks Wed 8 May 2024 - 16:30

Oh and I'm running Atkinson in at FB this week. Absolutely scenes. Intend on bringing Weekes in next week.
    SaveTheCheerleader
    SaveTheCheerleader

Post by SaveTheCheerleader Wed 8 May 2024 - 16:34

Wildbux wrote:Seriously considering Manu as plays 13 and 16, dual position in red hot form coming against us struggling Wahs this week. I know he’s at top dollar right now, but if he’s keeper for rest of season does it really matter? Just get him in my team for Murray and forget about it. Anyone else considering?

I'm doing it !

Pap -> Fa'alogo
    Bostock -> Manu
    Smith -> Robson
    Revraiser
    Revraiser
    Fanatic

Post by Revraiser Wed 8 May 2024 - 16:44

multiple.scoregasms wrote:

For me the moment Teddy lost his Blues jersey was the Mam try in the Broncos game. Positioning was pretty much right where he needed to be to make the stop but Mam turns on the jets and Teddy doesn't even get a finger on him. 2 years ago Teddy saves that try but has clearly lost a step. It's time for the next gen

Yeah I froze for a few seconds when watching, recall it vividly
    Loomer
    Loomer
    Fanatic

Post by Loomer Wed 8 May 2024 - 16:47

People getting Manu for 775k is wild
    Liverpool_Bulldog
    Liverpool_Bulldog
    Fanatic

Post by Liverpool_Bulldog Wed 8 May 2024 - 16:57

Looking through all of these predicted NSW teams and hardly any have Hynes. Don’t even mention him an ‘unlucky to miss’ candidate.

I’m so confused, is he just ‘fantasy good’?
    multiple.scoregasms
    multiple.scoregasms
    Fanatic

Post by multiple.scoregasms Wed 8 May 2024 - 16:58

Liverpool_Bulldog wrote:Looking through all of these predicted NSW teams and hardly any have Hynes. Don’t even mention him an ‘unlucky to miss’ candidate.

Easily a top 10 player in the NRL for mine
    Milchcow
    Milchcow

Post by Milchcow Wed 8 May 2024 - 17:02

Liverpool_Bulldog wrote:Looking through all of these predicted NSW teams and hardly any have Hynes. Don’t even mention him an ‘unlucky to miss’ candidate.

I guess its a combination of preferring Cleary at halfback and thinking Hynes is too similar a player.

Plus, whether warranted or not, the fact he played poorly at centre for 10 minutes last year might count against him (but new coach so who knows)
    mattnz
    Fanatic

Post by mattnz Wed 8 May 2024 - 17:08

Milchcow wrote:

I guess its a combination of preferring Cleary at halfback and thinking  Hynes is too similar a player.

Plus, whether warranted or not, the fact  he played poorly at centre for 10 minutes last year might count against him (but new coach so who knows)

I think the issue is more that he isnt seen as a big game player. Goes missing in NRL against the best teams and dont win finals games.
    Reklaw
    Reklaw

Post by Reklaw Wed 8 May 2024 - 17:11

Milchcow wrote:

I guess its a combination of preferring Cleary at halfback and thinking  Hynes is too similar a player.

Plus, whether warranted or not, the fact  he played poorly at centre for 10 minutes last year might count against him (but new coach so who knows)

Anecdotally two traditional halfbacks tends to be more counterproductive. No one is going to displace Cleary unless he's injured, so its more so a question of who pairs the best with his game. You'd figure someone as talented as Hynes could work it out though, but I can at least appreciate the thinking - not that its right. There's also the narrative that he sucks in big games now, onus is probably on him to disprove that even if unwarranted
    Liverpool_Bulldog
    Liverpool_Bulldog
    Fanatic

Post by Liverpool_Bulldog Wed 8 May 2024 - 17:21

I suppose if there’s any weight to the sucks against big teams then the upcoming against the Storm, Panthers, Roosters, Broncos and a resurgent Eels 😜 is probably a sign to stay away
    Chucky
    Chucky

Post by Chucky Wed 8 May 2024 - 17:32

Wildbux wrote:Seriously considering Manu as plays 13 and 16, dual position in red hot form coming against us struggling Wahs this week. I know he’s at top dollar right now, but if he’s keeper for rest of season does it really matter? Just get him in my team for Murray and forget about it. Anyone else considering?
    He’s definitely being considered.
    I’m going to leave Papy in the side whilst seeing how Armstrong scores in my emg before deciding.
    Other options outside of Manu are Penisini Via Garrick/Kiraz), May, Atkinson, Tedesco and Fa’alogo.
    There’s a chance I make no trades this week Shocked
    BBowler
    BBowler

Post by BBowler Wed 8 May 2024 - 17:42

Snatchpato wrote:
    How can companies justify this sort of thing? Like surely they can repurpose an employee rather than just paying them a shitload of money to stop working for them.

Salary only one part of the cost, need to measure the other benefits plus someone got to manage them and their work. They normally look to see if they can be productive elsewhere but if they’re downsizing there usually isn’t. It’s cheaper to payout 3-12 months salary usually.
    Loomer
    Loomer
    Fanatic

Post by Loomer Wed 8 May 2024 - 17:45

How can people be looking at Manu and not Young for 270k cheaper. I've owned Manu since Rd 5 and he's propped up his scores at centre with tries. Since back from suspension Young doing similar scoring but way cheaper. I'm doubling up this week I think
    BBowler
    BBowler

Post by BBowler Wed 8 May 2024 - 17:48

Khany wrote:Perhaps I'm old fashioned, but captaincy.is the one role that shouldn't be changed on a whim. If they want to dump teddy, do it after the series.

Technically it is after the last series…which they lost.
    BBowler
    BBowler

Post by BBowler Wed 8 May 2024 - 17:50

Teeth Eater wrote:

I touched wood when I complimented him yesterday and will do it again now, but to be a cash cow that’d mean you’re planning to trade him out at some stage? All going well, I’m viewing him as a keeper at CTR, personally.

The ultimate cut price keeper. Starting at basement price. We get one of these per season if we’re lucky.
    Camo123
    Camo123
    Fanatic

Post by Camo123 Wed 8 May 2024 - 17:52

Got itchy trigger finger of Piakura to CWalker

Surely dominates kicks next to rookie and assists slightly better with my bye planning. Also another guy you’d think just makes some decent money without you realising as priced way below career average

Means benching 500k asset though (Brailey/Galvin) if/when I have no loop
    The Bludger#2
    The Bludger#2

Post by The Bludger#2 Wed 8 May 2024 - 17:55

Snatchpato wrote:
    How can companies justify this sort of thing? Like surely they can repurpose an employee rather than just paying them a shitload of money to stop working for them.

Do you have connections to people who work in the corporate world?
    It never ceases to amaze me how much money is burnt through downsizing, making employees redundant and then paying more for sub-contracted people to do the same job.
    A mate's dad was made redundant, full year salary pay-out, then within 3 months was re-hired by the same corporation (he works in banking/insurance) in a different position on higher pay.
    Insanity.

Now, if only teachers could get the DET to do that.
    Weiland
    Weiland

Post by Weiland Wed 8 May 2024 - 17:56

Can't decide to trade Piakura or Chevy for my last WFB. Think I need to keep Chevy for looping purposes.
    precursor
    precursor

Post by precursor Wed 8 May 2024 - 18:11

StormTrooper96 wrote:Pappy + Salmon to Garrick + Fainu

Holding Brandon Smith to see his role with Watson with Radley back. Hoping he gets a good 50 minutes at about 1 ppm. Team looks good and covered well.

Probably the same ins for me, but unsure whether to flick Piakura or Salmon. Piakura has the better job security but he's been an absolute missed tackle fiend this season.

Current date/time is Sun 8 Sep 2024 - 15:05