NRL Fantasy Fanatics

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

NRL Fantasy Fanatics

NRL Fantasy Fanatics - A place for discussion of NRL Fantasy / Virtual Sports / Super Coach and other Fantasy Sports

NRL Fantasy 2024 Part 39 - Wow no Trbojevic, Cleary, Hynes, Bateman, Smith , Papenhuyzen

Rabbits21
    Rabbits21
    Fanatic

NRL Fantasy 2024 Part 39 - Wow no Trbojevic, Cleary, Hynes, Bateman, Smith , Papenhuyzen  - Page 13 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2024 Part 39 - Wow no Trbojevic, Cleary, Hynes, Bateman, Smith , Papenhuyzen

Post by Rabbits21 Mon May 13, 2024 12:22 am

mickspicks wrote:Going to have to trade out:

Bateman
    SJ
    Turbo

Got halves cover (for Hynes and SJ in iKat and Galvin). WFB have Chevy as backup, which I'll probably swap for Weekes this week. Eyeing off bringing in Yeo.

Bring on TLT
    I’m losing faith in being able to turn it around I’m at 17k rank around 350-400 points outside the top 3-4K it’s gonna be hard to turn it around. Just been a rough season the roughest I can remember. I’m starting to lose confidence in what play I think is the right play as well.

I won’t give up just feel very deflated. Overall score is 7787.

I scored 687 round jist gone VC was Grant.

Team is

Grant (VC)
    Cotter Plath Hughes
    Angus Bateman
    Hynes (C) Dylbags
    Aitken Iro
    Garrick Drinky Armstrong

Galvin KPP Brailey Piakura
    S. Fainu Salmon Kris Strange

I have just 2k spare and 16 trades.

I’ll be going Piakura to Weekes. Then will need to weigh up Bateman re his injury. KPP I’ll probs hold but it’s a worry if he’s bench again he might only get 25-30mins. Then I have Salmon as well will need to see whether he’s 12, 13 or on the bench….. Will need to assess whether Salmon to Atkinson is worth it that would give me 9 backs though so maybe hold Salmon if starting is the play and Kris or Strange to Atkinson or maybe I just avoid Atkinson?

Anyone got some advice please for this mess? Was gonna hold Salmon for round 13 but if he’s scoring 23 each week it’s not worth it. But having 9 backs might be silly too. Mikaele is a potion too but how can we trust Payten he seems to hate the bloke. Like McLean could be back soon and Granville gets 40mins off the bench Mikaele stays the 20-25mins guy which probs means he’s not worth it given he will be about 315-320k after lock out lifts.

Thoughts please guys on my assessments etc?……. How do I try fix this rabble?
    Bethany_B
    Bethany_B

NRL Fantasy 2024 Part 39 - Wow no Trbojevic, Cleary, Hynes, Bateman, Smith , Papenhuyzen  - Page 13 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2024 Part 39 - Wow no Trbojevic, Cleary, Hynes, Bateman, Smith , Papenhuyzen

Post by Bethany_B Mon May 13, 2024 1:11 am

mickspicks wrote:Going to have to trade out:

Bateman
    SJ
    Turbo

Got halves cover (for Hynes and SJ in iKat and Galvin). WFB have Chevy as backup, which I'll probably swap for Weekes this week. Eyeing off bringing in Yeo.

Bring on TLT

Yeo's a decent buy, only issue is that he tends to not back up from Origin. Last year he backed up once (round 14) and rested twice (17 and 20), playing 3/8 games over the Origin period (14, 15, 18). As far as I can tell, he wasn't injured for any of these.

I'm personally getting Fifita as a premium gun. Compared to Yeo, he seems more likely to back up (backed up all 3 times last year, but had an HIA in Origin 1 which led to him missing round 15 and likely also why he played 30 minutes in round 14), and has a higher ceiling. He played 4/8 games (14, 17, 18, 20)

Also getting Jolliffe to shore up the MID spot (~100k cheaper than AFB, better bye schedule and there's no good round 13 MIDs anyway), as it seems like he's got Tino's 65-70 minute role and is rock solid. Weekes is coming in for Strange due to having all of the kicking at the Raiders while Fog's out. In general my team's got way too many backs and not enough forwards so I'm fixing that now.

Cleary -> Fifita
    Turbo -> Jolliffe
    Strange -> Weekes
    mickspicks
    mickspicks

Post by mickspicks Mon May 13, 2024 1:17 am

Rabbits21 wrote:
    I’m losing faith in being able to turn it around I’m at 17k rank around 350-400 points outside the top 3-4K it’s gonna be hard to turn it around. Just been a rough season the roughest I can remember. I’m starting to lose confidence in what play I think is the right play as well.

Team is

Grant (VC)
    Cotter Plath Hughes
    Angus Bateman
    Hynes (C) Dylbags
    Aitken Iro
    Garrick Drinky Armstrong

I’ll be going Piakura to Weekes. Then will need to weigh up Bateman re his injury. KPP I’ll probs hold but it’s a worry if he’s bench again he might only get 25-30mins. Then I have Salmon as well will need to see whether he’s 12, 13 or on the bench….. Will need to assess whether Salmon to Atkinson is worth it that would give me 9 backs though so maybe hold Salmon if starting is the play and Kris or Strange to Atkinson or maybe I just avoid Atkinson?

Anyone got some advice please for this mess? Was gonna hold Salmon for round 13 but if he’s scoring 23 each week it’s not worth it. But having 9 backs might be silly too. Mikaele is a potion too but how can we trust Payten he seems to hate the bloke. Like McLean could be back soon and Granville gets 40mins off the bench Mikaele stays the 20-25mins guy which probs means he’s not worth it given he will be about 315-320k after lock out lifts.

Others with a lot better advice than me, but imo Salmon is a trade and yes, Piakura too (although some will argue he's worth holding due to his price).

Weekes is probably your best be in bring. It sucks, but seems Bateman is a sell too (see what the outcome of his pec is). Nikora is improving and Sele is chipping away at 40s. Both to consider imo.

The rest isn't too bad. Just a shite week.
    mickspicks
    mickspicks

Post by mickspicks Mon May 13, 2024 1:19 am

Bethany_B wrote:

Yeo's a decent buy, only issue is that he tends to not back up from Origin. Last year he backed up once (round 14) and rested twice (17 and 20), playing 3/8 games over the Origin period (14, 15, 18). As far as I can tell, he wasn't injured for any of these.

I'm personally getting Fifita as a premium gun. Compared to Yeo, he seems more likely to back up (backed up all 3 times last year, but had an HIA in Origin 1 which led to him missing round 15 and likely also why he played 30 minutes in round 14), and has a higher ceiling. He played 4/8 games (14, 17, 18, 20)

Also getting Jolliffe to shore up the MID spot (~100k cheaper than AFB, better bye schedule and there's no good round 13 MIDs anyway), as it seems like he's got Tino's 65-70 minute role and is rock solid. Weekes is coming in for Strange due to having all of the kicking at the Raiders while Fog's out. In general my team's got way too many backs and not enough forwards so I'm fixing that now.

Cleary -> Fifita
    Turbo -> Jolliffe
    Strange -> Weekes

DFifi looks the goods, but qld probably going to ask him to play bigger minutes. Don't know how that'll impact his scores, if at all.

Jolliffe is consistent. Something to consider is Palasia coming back soon. I've got Jolliffe so I'm also watching how this may impact Jolliffe.

Fermor also looked good today. Someone to watch closely.
    Jele
    Jele

NFL Fantasy L1 Champion : 2019
    NRL FF Survivor Champion : 2020

Post by Jele Mon May 13, 2024 1:43 am

Rabbits21 wrote:

Team is

Grant (VC)
    Cotter Plath Hughes
    Angus Bateman
    Hynes (C) Dylbags
    Aitken Iro
    Garrick Drinky Armstrong

I haven't seen the latest on Trindall, but with Cleary's injury Hynes would have to be a better chance of making Origin. That would give Atkinson at least an extra game in round 13. But I'd say he's a risk to lose his spot at any time between now and then.

Moale could be a decent shout as well, if you're looking for a cut price MID. Souths don't play round 13 though. But at least we'll get another two competition points that round.
    rhinoceroo
    rhinoceroo
    Fanatic

Post by rhinoceroo Mon May 13, 2024 2:34 am

Last year, when I was ranked pretty well, holding DFifi over Origin was a huge mistake. Reduced involvements and restings. Having him in the first place was a big part of what got me up there to begin with, but holding was not good. Would definitely not actively look to bring him in.
    Rabbits21
    Rabbits21
    Fanatic

Post by Rabbits21 Mon May 13, 2024 2:57 am

Jele wrote:

I haven't seen the latest on Trindall, but with Cleary's injury Hynes would have to be a better chance of making Origin. That would give Atkinson at least an extra game in round 13. But I'd say he's a risk to lose his spot at any time between now and then.

Moale could be a decent shout as well, if you're looking for a cut price MID. Souths don't play round 13 though. But at least we'll get another two competition points that round.
    I do not think Trindall will be back anytime soon mate it’s whether or not there is enough value in Atkinson still etc and whether I need another back. But if Hynes ends up not playing again this round Atkinson is a good option for cash gen. I could do Kris to Atkinson and hold Salmon I dunno…..

Host back after next week which means Arrow goes back to middle I can’t see Moale playing those enormous mins each week. So hard to know what to do. I defs see Hynes makes origin.

I would love to know what Ciraldo fascination with Hayward is as I do not see it 6 missed tackles and only gained 18 metres last week.
    Snatchpato
    Snatchpato

Post by Snatchpato Mon May 13, 2024 5:27 am

Finch wrote:

Where's Snatch today? Beer
    hey mate! Was at a pub watching with a mate, then went to the Titans Cowboys game. Keary in any trouble? I didn’t see it
    Snatchpato
    Snatchpato

Post by Snatchpato Mon May 13, 2024 5:38 am

Camo123 wrote:Think I’m 817 after updates, another 20 pointer in Fantasy Fantasy for the true believers
    never doubted you
    Snatchpato
    Snatchpato

Post by Snatchpato Mon May 13, 2024 5:46 am

Re: Atkinson

Great score this week, but without KM it’s a low 40s score. Played better (more involved) than previous fantasy scores of 30ish. Will be good value over origin, but with Hynes back don’t be expecting 40+. TLT will tell us more.
    Welsh Mafia
    Welsh Mafia

Post by Welsh Mafia Mon May 13, 2024 6:45 am

Rabbits21 wrote:

For what it's worth mate, I am 100 points ahead of you in score and ranked 11k. That's just the diference of a good VC this week like Dbags v Garrick. It's closer than you think in the ranks down our end - stick at it mate. Cream always rises and you're always up and around the money at the end Smile
    Welsh Mafia
    Welsh Mafia

Post by Welsh Mafia Mon May 13, 2024 6:48 am

Bethany_B wrote:

Cleary -> Fifita
    Turbo -> Jolliffe
    Strange -> Weekes

Like your thoughts on Joliffe there. I think we're a little put off given his price rises recently, but you're right in that he's got the Tino role so he will keep scoring with a mid/high 50's average and be worth his 700k+ some.
    Welsh Mafia
    Welsh Mafia

Post by Welsh Mafia Mon May 13, 2024 6:51 am

Jele wrote:

Further on this: I also think now Cleary is out, Hynes will not want to rush back from a 'niggle' and risk the same as Cleary. He's now basically a lock for Origin? Could benefit Atkinson for another week as the dominant playmaker
    multiple.scoregasms
    multiple.scoregasms
    Fanatic

Post by multiple.scoregasms Mon May 13, 2024 7:03 am

Camo123 wrote:More of the same in the 2nd half thanks VC Angus 

Be interesting to see how highly sold at 800k Angus will be with bye schedule. Looks like Origin return is imminent. But can you use a trade on a fit player?

In the current fantasy landscape I don't think selling makes sense

1) There is a shortage of guns to spend cash on. With Cleary, Hynes, SJ all out among other guns there is really nowhere to put the cash if you sell
    2) There is daylight between Angus/Fifita and the next best edge scorer. A few weeks ago it was looking like Bateman, Nikora, KPP could score well throughout the byes , make a bit of cash along the way then be flipped to keepers for the run home, or held all year if trades were light. Bateman could be out for 8 weeks, KPP is suddenly coming off the bench and Nikora just lost his chief playmaker.

The trade out might have made sense if you were holding Cleary/Hynes through the byes, grabbing someone like Bateman who could put up respectable points while gaining a bit of cash and hoping Angus drops a bit to make the return trade a little easier.

Unless things change significantly in the next few weeks Angus is a firm hold IMO
    Bullbender
    Bullbender

Post by Bullbender Mon May 13, 2024 7:25 am

multiple.scoregasms wrote:

1) There is a shortage of guns to spend cash on. With Cleary, Hynes, SJ all out among other guns there is really nowhere to put the cash if you sell
    2) There is daylight between Angus/Fifita and the next best edge scorer. A few weeks ago it was looking like Bateman, Nikora, KPP could score well throughout the byes , make a bit of cash along the way then be flipped to keepers for the run home, or held all year if trades were light. Bateman could be out for 8 weeks, KPP is suddenly coming off the bench and Nikora just lost his chief playmaker.

The trade out might have made sense if you were holding Cleary/Hynes through the byes, grabbing someone like Bateman who could put up respectable points while gaining a bit of cash and hoping Angus drops a bit to make the return trade a little easier.

Unless things change significantly in the next few weeks Angus is a firm hold IMO
    Makes absolute sense. Being a patient cleary holder (that worked out well) plus turbo owner i have no idea where im going to spend the cash with origin around the corner. Such bad timing to have excess funds at the moment.
    BCT05
    BCT05

Post by BCT05 Mon May 13, 2024 7:26 am

Not looking forward to rd12 having three Knights. If holding Bateman then there's the 4 red dots just like that, can't afford any other outs and have to play all the cheapies.
    WT Winfield
    WT Winfield

Post by WT Winfield Mon May 13, 2024 7:29 am

BCT05 wrote:Not looking forward to rd12 having three Knights. If holding Bateman then there's the 4 red dots just like that, can't afford any other outs and have to play all the cheapies.

Yeah that's another reason I pulled the trigger on Sorenson. I'm hoping my depth can get me through, but also thinking of selling KPP to Yeo if he's benched again this week.
    Finch
    Finch

Post by Finch Mon May 13, 2024 7:32 am

multiple.scoregasms wrote:

to be fair, the season started with Lucas & Friz in the 2nd Row

KPP got a start in round 2 because Lucas got injured and HIA from memory? That demoted Lucas to the bench, then Lucas had a game in CTr, then they've both been 2nd Row while Friz was out.
    BCT05
    BCT05

Post by BCT05 Mon May 13, 2024 7:37 am

WT Winfield wrote:

Yeah that's another reason I pulled the trigger on Sorenson. I'm hoping my depth can get me through, but also thinking of selling KPP to Yeo if he's benched again this week.

I think I would have to as well but does sound like it was just a bit of a rest which is good.

Just remembered Armstrong had an HIA at the end of the game, was there word if he passed? Don't usually find out when there's less than 15mins to go. I sure hope so or could be in trouble if both he and Plath were out.
    Camo123
    Camo123
    Fanatic

Post by Camo123 Mon May 13, 2024 7:38 am

BCT05 wrote:

I think I would have to as well but does sound like it was just a bit of a rest which is good.

Just remembered Armstrong had an HIA at the end of the game, was there word if he passed?

Was doing post match interview full of cliches so seemed alright

Current date/time is Thu Sep 19, 2024 10:54 am