NRL Fantasy Fanatics

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

NRL Fantasy Fanatics

NRL Fantasy Fanatics - A place for discussion of NRL Fantasy / Virtual Sports / Super Coach and other Fantasy Sports

NRL Fantasy 2024 Part 39 - Wow no Trbojevic, Cleary, Hynes, Bateman, Smith , Papenhuyzen

L-Jimmy
    L-Jimmy

NRL Fantasy 2024 Part 39 - Wow no Trbojevic, Cleary, Hynes, Bateman, Smith , Papenhuyzen  - Page 14 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2024 Part 39 - Wow no Trbojevic, Cleary, Hynes, Bateman, Smith , Papenhuyzen

Post by L-Jimmy Mon May 13, 2024 7:48 am

It looks like I'm going to have to gamble on which of Teddy and Dedwards doesn't make Blues.

Loomer
    Loomer
    Fanatic

NRL Fantasy 2024 Part 39 - Wow no Trbojevic, Cleary, Hynes, Bateman, Smith , Papenhuyzen  - Page 14 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2024 Part 39 - Wow no Trbojevic, Cleary, Hynes, Bateman, Smith , Papenhuyzen

Post by Loomer Mon May 13, 2024 7:51 am

L-Jimmy wrote:It looks like I'm going to have to gamble

Gamble is injured
    Rabbit
    Rabbit

Post by Rabbit Mon May 13, 2024 7:53 am

Ando wrote:596 down to 4,244th, Matto’s update might just about sneak me over 600. 

Think every single player bar Angus and Kiraz scored under their average but we move. Banked a couple of trades and should hopefully be set up relatively ok for the byes to grind back to that top 1k. 

No need to go AWOL just yet as I’m no doubt ranked way above Matt ‘only sing when you’re winning’ NZ

OOOFFF ! Laughing
    White Lightning
    White Lightning
    Fanatic

Post by White Lightning Mon May 13, 2024 7:54 am

Camo123 wrote:
    Was doing post match interview full of cliches so seemed alright

i was very impressed with armstrong speaking after the game the gratitude & love for his parents & for those that have helped him get to first grade...gratitude is a key indicator of good character it's a pity most young people don't show it.
    my tv broke
    my tv broke
    Fanatics Immortal

Post by my tv broke Mon May 13, 2024 8:02 am

multiple.scoregasms wrote:

In the current fantasy landscape I don't think selling makes sense

1) There is a shortage of guns to spend cash on. With Cleary, Hynes, SJ all out among other guns there is really nowhere to put the cash if you sell
    2) There is daylight between Angus/Fifita and the next best edge scorer. A few weeks ago it was looking like Bateman, Nikora, KPP could score well throughout the byes , make a bit of cash along the way then be flipped to keepers for the run home, or held all year if trades were light. Bateman could be out for 8 weeks, KPP is suddenly coming off the bench and Nikora just lost his chief playmaker.

The trade out might have made sense if you were holding Cleary/Hynes through the byes, grabbing someone like Bateman who could put up respectable points while gaining a bit of cash and hoping Angus drops a bit to make the return trade a little easier.

Unless things change significantly in the next few weeks Angus is a firm hold IMO

Agree on this. You can comfortably hold a couple of origin players over the bye period. You can only play 13 in big bye rounds anyway..

I've got Carrigan/Hynes/Crichton/Trbo as origin players. Trbo was always going to be the first to go, but his injury solidifies that. The other three.. Carrigan is probably the next to go.. but I'll wait until round 13 to look at that. If i already have 12/13 without trading them, they'll stay.

There is enough cheapies popping up at the moment to cover the gaps. Although they could all go to shit pretty quickly.
    White Lightning
    White Lightning
    Fanatic

Post by White Lightning Mon May 13, 2024 8:03 am

not a good round only 704 & dropped from a rank of 6482 to 8511...my issues are hynes, cleary, piakura, salmon & chan (if he's dropped may be a useful looper)
    my wife's team is going great guns scored 820 & increased rank from 1350 to 749...her issues are hynes, salmon & chan.
    Welsh Mafia
    Welsh Mafia

Post by Welsh Mafia Mon May 13, 2024 8:03 am

BCT05 wrote:

I think I would have to as well but does sound like it was just a bit of a rest which is good.

Just remembered Armstrong had an HIA at the end of the game, was there word if he passed? Don't usually find out when there's less than 15mins to go. I sure hope so or could be in trouble if both he and Plath were out.

His HIA looked very soft and I think even he was disappointed he tried to milk it and ended up with the HIA
    White Lightning
    White Lightning
    Fanatic

Post by White Lightning Mon May 13, 2024 8:07 am

Welsh Mafia wrote:

His HIA looked very soft and I think even he was disappointed he tried to milk it and ended up with the HIA

the problem is if you're hit high & the ref doesn't notice you will milk it then the replays will show it & you're likely going to get an hia...better just to play on & not spend 10-15 mins off the field when you're not even hurt.
    White Lightning
    White Lightning
    Fanatic

Post by White Lightning Mon May 13, 2024 8:17 am

if we had a fool of the week award i would nominate holmes for blowing that try he tried to be clever to improve the angle for the conversion instead of just dotting down in the corner. then at the end they would've only been behind 2 pts if he got the conversion for his try & in that last few mins they got a penalty right in front which would've sent the game to extra time.
    mintotheimmortal
    mintotheimmortal

Post by mintotheimmortal Mon May 13, 2024 8:29 am

For everyone mentioning Palasia being a concern for Jolliffe when he is back. He has been playing Q Cup for Tweed the last two weeks so he is available just not being picked
    Finch
    Finch

Post by Finch Mon May 13, 2024 8:44 am

Snatchpato wrote:
    hey mate! Was at a pub watching with a mate, then went to the Titans Cowboys game. Keary in any trouble? I didn’t see it

Haha, all good! Just thought it was weird there was radio silence when it came to Keary Chicken Wing, Suuali raised knee
    Wiremu Trades Gone?
    Wiremu Trades Gone?

Post by Wiremu Trades Gone? Mon May 13, 2024 8:51 am

mintotheimmortal wrote:For everyone mentioning Palasia being a concern for Jolliffe when he is back. He has been playing Q Cup for Tweed the last two weeks so he is available just not being picked

Palasia is not working out how the titans thought he would. Theyre happy as with Pahulu and even Stimpson is ahead of Palasia
    Wiremu Trades Gone?
    Wiremu Trades Gone?

Post by Wiremu Trades Gone? Mon May 13, 2024 8:52 am

Finch wrote:

Haha, all good! Just thought it was weird there was radio silence when it came to Keary Chicken Wing, Suuali raised knee

That chicken wing was god awful to see
    Bethany_B
    Bethany_B

Post by Bethany_B Mon May 13, 2024 8:56 am

rhinoceroo wrote:Last year, when I was ranked pretty well, holding DFifi over Origin was a huge mistake. Reduced involvements and restings. Having him in the first place was a big part of what got me up there to begin with, but holding was not good. Would definitely not actively look to bring him in.

I also owned Fifita over that period, but barring another HIA in Origin, I don't think that'll happen again. Different coach and a team that really needs wins (Titans were doing okay this time last year iirc)
    Chewie
    Chewie
    Fanatic

Post by Chewie Mon May 13, 2024 8:59 am

RECAP NRL Fantasy 2024 Part 38 - The Vice Captain Edition

- Eels vs Broncos live forum commentary (page 1-5)
    - Phew! Piakura in the EMG, dodged a bullet...for now (page 6,7)
    - Madden back next round (page 8 )
    - McLean ruled out, Harrison in, Mikaele starts (page 11,12)
    - No Cheese (page 13)
    - Tigers vs Knights live forum commentary (page 15-22)
    - Captain Hynes in major doubt, who is your VC? (page 22-29)
    - Dragons vs Rabbitohs live forum lack of commentary (page 27-31)
    - Chan out (page 30)
    - Storm vs Sharks live forum commentary (page 32-38)
    - Minor injury for Nicho, in doubt for magic round (page 39)
    - yafss.com now showing VC where captain is injured (page 39)
    - NRLFantasy good ol'days screenshot (page 40-42)
    - Cleary out for 7-8 weeks (page 45,46)
    - Ipap suspended 1 week for tripping (page 46)
    - Gamble out 6-12 weeks, foot fracture (page 48)
    - Bateman 2-6 weeks, pec tear/strain, awaiting scan results (page 48)
    - Roosters vs Warriors live forum commentary (page 50-51)
    mickspicks
    mickspicks

Post by mickspicks Mon May 13, 2024 9:44 am

mintotheimmortal wrote:For everyone mentioning Palasia being a concern for Jolliffe when he is back. He has been playing Q Cup for Tweed the last two weeks so he is available just not being picked

Nice. Appreciate that one! Thought he was there for fitness but may not be cut out for the 17.
    Papadontbleach
    Papadontbleach

Post by Papadontbleach Mon May 13, 2024 10:07 am

MTB mentioned earlier that Rapana is back for the Raiders this week. The talk is that he will play fullback and Chevvy will play NSW Cup. Kris back to centre and one of Hopoate or Cotric will be dropped.
    Weiland
    Weiland

Post by Weiland Mon May 13, 2024 10:10 am

I am hoping Plath and KPP get named. If thats the case and there are no other surprises I MIGHT be able to get away with no trades this week, despite how badly I went. I am concerned about how much money Carrigan is gonna lose though but that might be next weeks problem if he get another below average score.
    Chewie
    Chewie
    Fanatic

Post by Chewie Mon May 13, 2024 10:14 am

Papadontbleach wrote:MTB mentioned earlier that Rapana is back for the Raiders this week. The talk is that he will play fullback and Chevvy will play NSW Cup. Kris back to centre and one of Hopoate or Cotric will be dropped.

a bit of a wfb crisis for some, with Turbo out, and Bennett said HTF will be back at FB this week too in the presser, so Fuller may join Chevy, unless he fits elsewhere in the team?
    BBowler
    BBowler

Post by BBowler Mon May 13, 2024 10:17 am

White Lightning wrote:

the problem is if you're hit high & the ref doesn't notice you will milk it then the replays will show it & you're likely going to get an hia...better just to play on & not spend 10-15 mins off the field when you're not even hurt.

Free interchange though.. shit for fantasy but gives team another rotation.

Current date/time is Tue Sep 17, 2024 5:09 am