NRL Fantasy Fanatics

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

NRL Fantasy Fanatics

NRL Fantasy Fanatics - A place for discussion of NRL Fantasy / Virtual Sports / Super Coach and other Fantasy Sports

NRL Fantasy 2024 Part 39 - Wow no Trbojevic, Cleary, Hynes, Bateman, Smith , Papenhuyzen

Camo123
    Camo123
    Fanatic

NRL Fantasy 2024 Part 39 - Wow no Trbojevic, Cleary, Hynes, Bateman, Smith , Papenhuyzen  - Page 20 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2024 Part 39 - Wow no Trbojevic, Cleary, Hynes, Bateman, Smith , Papenhuyzen

Post by Camo123 Mon May 13, 2024 4:12 pm

multiple.scoregasms wrote:

Probably wouldn't take much to link in with the boys at talking league if someone wanted to start writing fantasy articles. Would surely be some interest
    I do the occasional writing for the Casual Athlete and frankly it’s quite hard typing out around 600 words/week on my phone to upload to the site 

If I had a functioning personal computer outside of work it would be a bit easier but in terms of monetisation YouTube views/Podcast listens would be where it’s at
    Cookie Monster
    Cookie Monster

NRL Fantasy 2024 Part 39 - Wow no Trbojevic, Cleary, Hynes, Bateman, Smith , Papenhuyzen  - Page 20 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2024 Part 39 - Wow no Trbojevic, Cleary, Hynes, Bateman, Smith , Papenhuyzen

Post by Cookie Monster Mon May 13, 2024 4:14 pm

This rounds Fantasy Fantasy results are posted and can be found over here

You can make your second transfer this round, and you have until kick-off in the Raiders vs Bulldogs match to do so

Cheers
    Chewie
    Chewie
    Fanatic

Post by Chewie Mon May 13, 2024 4:15 pm

Cookie Monster wrote:This rounds Fantasy Fantasy results are posted and can be found over here

You can make your second transfer this round, and you have until kick-off in the Raiders vs Bulldogs match to do so

Cheers

the bounce back is on, another 15 pointer bounce
    Honey Badger
    Honey Badger

Post by Honey Badger Mon May 13, 2024 4:16 pm

This was the approach I used last year to avoid trading in guys like Drinkwater.

Sometimes you get lucky with a hot streak but I will certainly not be paying a 45 point price for a guy I think will average 45

Yeah I broke that rule last week and paid 700k for Drinky when Teddy was sitting there waiting to be picked. Hopefully it pays off in the long run
    Aardvark
    Aardvark

Post by Aardvark Mon May 13, 2024 4:16 pm

Yeah good thing I put it on Cleary

The idea for me behind early round lock out was to have a player early that you would be happy to take their score if your captain was ruled out.

This week it would be someone like Haas or Carrigan.

I've never done it purely for the sake of locking in VC early with someone like Garrick

my tv broke wrote:

Putting the VC on a guy who plays first just because he plays first is pretty stupid.. eg Garrick who is a centre that plays centre.

Unless your plan is to rage trade a VC because he's a late withdrawal it makes little sense.

My move last week was a combination of stupidity, a calculated risk and blind luck. I was eyeing up Angus for the C this week but generally don't play roulette so left it on Hynes and had the VC on Angus. Changed the VC to Turbo later in the week because he played early (and never entirely sure about the Roosters tbh). Turbo scored alright and alternatively I would have stuck it on Carrigan.....would never have stuck it on a winger no matter how much I rated them.

I think I'll just be sticking it on a forward who averages above 50 (and maybe plays earlyish) in future. It wasn't the cause of all my woes but it certainly could have made them worse.

Last edited by Aardvark on Mon May 13, 2024 4:20 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Holzman
    Holzman

Post by Holzman Mon May 13, 2024 4:17 pm

With Hynes looking like a lock for Origin now im thinking of going Turbo to Atkinson and bank alot of cash. Atkinson should score well for 13 19 with hynes out and covers 2 lines.

really finding it tough to spend my cash with all the premiums out and origin guys not a buy.

the above move get 330k in the bank.
    Revraiser
    Revraiser
    Fanatic

Post by Revraiser Mon May 13, 2024 4:20 pm

@Chewie Ur putting Ur hand up for more in depth reviews at this rate !
    Revraiser
    Revraiser
    Fanatic

Post by Revraiser Mon May 13, 2024 4:23 pm

L-Jimmy wrote:

Yeah, watching youtube is for kids and suckers:

https://kome.ai/tools/youtube-transcript-generator

I mean, it's imperfect in that indenting is hard so it looks like a featureless wall of text (see spoiler below for the transcript from this numpty: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o0-wc5X_ofI )

wall of waffle:

But you can plug that wall into ChatGPT with ctrl-c, ctrl-v and get a lovely summary, as per spoiler

much better:

That's interesting but I'm not saying I want written versions of video content. Just purposefully written weekend recap like before.
    Nrl seems to pick randoms that went well or won in previous years regardless of the content being good/bad
    Revraiser
    Revraiser
    Fanatic

Post by Revraiser Mon May 13, 2024 4:27 pm

Aardvark wrote:

My move last week was a combination of stupidity, a calculated risk and blind luck. I was eyeing up Angus for the C this week but generally don't play roulette so left it on Hynes and had the VC on Angus. Changed the VC to Turbo later in the week because he played early (and never entirely sure about the Roosters tbh). Turbo scored alright and alternatively I would have stuck it on Carrigan.....would never have stuck it on a winger no matter how much I rated them.

I think I'll just be sticking it on a forward who averages above 50 (and maybe plays earlyish) in future. It wasn't the cause of all my woes but it certainly could have made them worse.

The Vc on an early player was so u would know Ur Vc is playing as u cannot switch away from it if a late out across the weekend.
    Aardvark
    Aardvark

Post by Aardvark Mon May 13, 2024 4:31 pm

Revraiser wrote:

The Vc on an early player was so u would know Ur Vc is playing as u cannot switch away from it if a late out across the weekend.

Yeah, totally au fait (like that?) with the theory...it's just never been tested IRL before and when it was the results were ambiguous.

It seems strange that in well over a hundred years of playing my captain has never been a late out before but there you go.

This week was my worst round rank in living memory, like a few others I would assume. Whatever the opposite of a rainbow is my arse got whacked with it........you have to laugh Twisted Evil

Last edited by Aardvark on Mon May 13, 2024 4:33 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Chewie
    Chewie
    Fanatic

Post by Chewie Mon May 13, 2024 4:33 pm

Revraiser wrote:@Chewie Ur putting Ur hand up for more in depth reviews at this rate !

Kinda need someone who watches every game, I try to catch as many as I can, but I do miss a few each weekend, and for some games I can't be bothered to watch the whole replay.
    I do scan through the whole thread when I do the recap and usually get a good idea of any important fantasy info, then I also listen to a few podcast during my commute which all helps in making informed decisions.
    my tv broke
    my tv broke
    Fanatics Immortal

Post by my tv broke Mon May 13, 2024 4:33 pm

Revraiser wrote:

you can't switch a captain late out either. so it defeats the purpose to put the vc on a player that might not even score very well when C Hynes is a latewithdrawal

youre really only covering the risk of both c and vc being late outs in which case its probably delete app time anyway. has that ever actually happened ?

plenty of low VC scores on teh weekend anyway from guys who'd been going well, so whatever.
    Revraiser
    Revraiser
    Fanatic

Post by Revraiser Mon May 13, 2024 4:38 pm

Just let me slide my captain around all weekend please.
    Aardvark
    Aardvark

Post by Aardvark Mon May 13, 2024 4:42 pm

Also, given that someone posted an old screen shot on the weekend, wasn't part of the theory that you put the VC on someone who played early so you could use the infamous "VC Loop' where you switched you captain for an NPR or something? so you used to bung the VC on a fullback or Half like DCE or Hayne
    Tigs
    Tigs

Post by Tigs Mon May 13, 2024 4:46 pm

WT Winfield
    WT Winfield

Post by WT Winfield Mon May 13, 2024 4:48 pm

Raises DBrown's stocks for VC/C cheer

Get well soon though Mitch :pinocchio:
    Revraiser
    Revraiser
    Fanatic

Post by Revraiser Mon May 13, 2024 4:49 pm

'U can't touch this' by MC Hammerhead will not leave my skull today.
    standard-issue
    standard-issue

Post by standard-issue Mon May 13, 2024 4:57 pm

Revraiser wrote:Just let me slide my captain around all weekend please.

100% this is code.
    multiple.scoregasms
    multiple.scoregasms
    Fanatic

Post by multiple.scoregasms Mon May 13, 2024 5:09 pm

Camo123 wrote:
    I do the occasional writing for the Casual Athlete and frankly it’s quite hard typing out around 600 words/week on my phone to upload to the site 

If I had a functioning personal computer outside of work it would be a bit easier but in terms of monetisation YouTube views/Podcast listens would be where it’s at

I did some stuff for over the line sports back in the day and the biggest hurdle was the lack of monetisation. Most would give it a go for a few months then drop off
    my tv broke
    my tv broke
    Fanatics Immortal

Post by my tv broke Mon May 13, 2024 5:09 pm

Probably wouldn't take much to link in with the boys at talking league if someone wanted to start writing fantasy articles. Would surely be some interest

If anyone here wants to write regular articles ill happily set it up to post on the footystats site.

Its basically already set up anyway but if there was weekly articles id just link them from the main page.

Good exposure lol.. sites gets around 30k users per month

As MS said the problem is monetisation. I haven't really been keen on trying to do that with footystats. So its easy to just get lazy

Last edited by my tv broke on Mon May 13, 2024 5:15 pm; edited 1 time in total

Current date/time is Fri Sep 20, 2024 2:03 am