NRL Fantasy Fanatics

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

NRL Fantasy Fanatics

NRL Fantasy Fanatics - A place for discussion of NRL Fantasy / Virtual Sports / Super Coach and other Fantasy Sports

NRL Fantasy 2024 Part 39 - Wow no Trbojevic, Cleary, Hynes, Bateman, Smith , Papenhuyzen

Wildbux
    Wildbux

NRL Fantasy 2024 Part 39 - Wow no Trbojevic, Cleary, Hynes, Bateman, Smith , Papenhuyzen  - Page 19 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2024 Part 39 - Wow no Trbojevic, Cleary, Hynes, Bateman, Smith , Papenhuyzen

Post by Wildbux Mon May 13, 2024 3:31 pm

Still have Chester. Refusing to sell a centre and may play rd 13
    Milchcow
    Milchcow

NRL Fantasy 2024 Part 39 - Wow no Trbojevic, Cleary, Hynes, Bateman, Smith , Papenhuyzen  - Page 19 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2024 Part 39 - Wow no Trbojevic, Cleary, Hynes, Bateman, Smith , Papenhuyzen

Post by Milchcow Mon May 13, 2024 3:32 pm

Looking at predicted teams, McInnes gets a lot of talk . Whether he gets in or not is anyone's guess

I assume 2 of Koroisau/McInnes/Robson will be there. Personally I think NSW are stronger without McInnes but who knows what Madge thinks.

I'm running JMK at the moment, will try and add Cook to that - he's currently sub $700k, and ideally stays there for R14
    Then upgrade JMK once origin is done
    GreenSchist
    GreenSchist

Post by GreenSchist Mon May 13, 2024 3:33 pm

Just had a quick look at bye planning with Rd 13 and 14 sneaking up on us.

Don't lose sight of Round 16 folks. What a cluster fk.
    Looks like I'll be max trading the two weeks leading up to it just to field double digit green dots!
    Milchcow
    Milchcow

Post by Milchcow Mon May 13, 2024 3:34 pm

Wildbux wrote:Madge has a relationship with McInnes from South Sydney days too which might play into it

If Maguire is picking a hooker from his Souths days, then McInnes is probably 3rd on the list
    Milchcow
    Milchcow

Post by Milchcow Mon May 13, 2024 3:39 pm

GreenSchist wrote:Just had a quick look at bye planning with Rd 13 and 14 sneaking up on us.

Don't lose sight of Round 16 folks. What a cluster fk.
    Looks like I'll be max trading the two weeks leading up to it just to field double digit green dots!

R14 tougher than R16 IMO

If Tedesco avoids origin I can potentially field 13 with my current team, so don't think it will be that tough to get something together

I have plenty of Roosters/Raiders + a Dolphin making r14 look tough, and that is before you consider potential no-shows backing up from origin.
    Rabbits21
    Rabbits21
    Fanatic

Post by Rabbits21 Mon May 13, 2024 3:47 pm

Milchcow wrote:

R14 tougher than R16 IMO

If Tedesco avoids origin I can potentially field 13 with  my current team, so don't think it will  be that tough to get something together

I have plenty of Roosters/Raiders + a Dolphin making r14 look tough, and that is before you consider potential no-shows backing up from origin.
    I’m not too worried about round 16 trades will be at a premium be very hard to get 12-13 out round 16 along with getting 16-17 out round 14

Last edited by Rabbits21 on Mon May 13, 2024 3:47 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Chewie
    Chewie
    Fanatic

Post by Chewie Mon May 13, 2024 3:47 pm

Milchcow wrote:

R14 tougher than R16 IMO

If Tedesco avoids origin I can potentially field 13 with  my current team, so don't think it will  be that tough to get something together

yeah the post origin no-shows is a tricky one. The Panthers were playing late after each bye, so chances of Cleary getting a run were relatively high.
    Fifita might need to back-up rd 14 due to the injury crisis at the Titans, they have the bye in 17 so he automatically gets a rest after SOO game 2.
    Haas and Carrigan will probably back-up, but are likely to have reduced minutes, Haas will probably still score well
    BCT05
    BCT05

Post by BCT05 Mon May 13, 2024 3:51 pm

Ha I briefly forgot I still need to get a hooker to cover Brailey rd12, guess I'll hope a magical solution pops up next week, the options seem non existent.
    WT Winfield
    WT Winfield

Post by WT Winfield Mon May 13, 2024 3:52 pm

ForanAgainst wrote:

Chester went for Atkinson. Would you suggest Weekes instead? Flip a coin? Is both an absolute must?

Ah righto. Thought surely I couldn't have confused your team, but didn't look close enough at your posted team and FOG team.

Yeah I think Weekes over Atkinson for job/role security.

I grabbed Atko last week just hoping he could sit in the NPRs hitting 30 to make some cash and play Rd 13. Definitely would've grabbed Weekes ahead of him if not on the bye. Hynes out just boosted Atko and made it look a better pick than it initially was. Could make decent cash if holding the spot through to the bye if hitting 30s alongside Hynes though. If Hynes is out this round and 13, he's probably worth it still.

I'd probably dump Chester and BSmith/Kris for Weekes and Atko, but maybe saving a trade is better. I can't seem to lately. Hopefully I can get away with just 1 this week.

Though if Batman's long term, him instead.
    multiple.scoregasms
    multiple.scoregasms
    Fanatic

Post by multiple.scoregasms Mon May 13, 2024 3:53 pm

Aardvark wrote:I'm thinking about reverting to the 'put the vc on your second best player' tactic and forgetting about the early round lockout shenanigans

Yeah good thing I put it on Cleary

The idea for me behind early round lock out was to have a player early that you would be happy to take their score if your captain was ruled out.

This week it would be someone like Haas or Carrigan.

I've never done it purely for the sake of locking in VC early with someone like Garrick
    multiple.scoregasms
    multiple.scoregasms
    Fanatic

Post by multiple.scoregasms Mon May 13, 2024 3:54 pm

robelgordo wrote:

Everything fantasy sports is video content now. Old farts like me just want to read stuff. It’s faster and my brain retains it better!

Probably wouldn't take much to link in with the boys at talking league if someone wanted to start writing fantasy articles. Would surely be some interest
    mickspicks
    mickspicks

Post by mickspicks Mon May 13, 2024 3:55 pm

Last year i planned for byes and it didn't play out how I wanted. Might just roll with the punches this year and navigate out of it from there.
    my tv broke
    my tv broke
    Fanatics Immortal

Post by my tv broke Mon May 13, 2024 3:57 pm

multiple.scoregasms wrote:

Yeah good thing I put it on Cleary

The idea for me behind early round lock out was to have a player early that you would be happy to take their score if your captain was ruled out.

This week it would be someone like Haas or Carrigan.

I've never done it purely for the sake of locking in VC early with someone like Garrick

Putting the VC on a guy who plays first just because he plays first is pretty stupid.. eg Garrick who is a centre that plays centre.

Unless your plan is to rage trade a VC because he's a late withdrawal it makes little sense.

multiple.scoregasms
    multiple.scoregasms
    Fanatic

Post by multiple.scoregasms Mon May 13, 2024 3:57 pm

ForanAgainst wrote:My round 13 currently looking like this

Brailey(the Jayden variety)
    Cheese, Shoes, Mikaele
    Curran, KPP
    Plath, SWalker*(coming in for McInnes)
    Iro, Kris
    Armstrong, Kiraz, Atkinson

*considering Weekes, but messes with round 14 too much

Not playing 13

Hynes, Gus, Jolliffe, Galvin, Garrick, Walsh, Harris, Bateman

I throw the term around a lot less than most but I think Weekes is a must have. Even a 40 average sees him make 140k in the next 3 weeks

If he gets anywhere close to Fogarty's average you are leaving a lot of cash on the table
    multiple.scoregasms
    multiple.scoregasms
    Fanatic

Post by multiple.scoregasms Mon May 13, 2024 3:59 pm

Milchcow wrote:
    I think long term it will be far better playing a MID short in R13 than trading in someone who isn't a keeper just to get 1 week worth of scores.

Maybe a great cash cow will turn up, but I will not be forcing a player into my team if there isn't a long term use for them.
    Odds are I'll get far better use out of my trade replacing an injured player late in the season.

This was the approach I used last year to avoid trading in guys like Drinkwater.

Sometimes you get lucky with a hot streak but I will certainly not be paying a 45 point price for a guy I think will average 45
    L-Jimmy
    L-Jimmy

Post by L-Jimmy Mon May 13, 2024 4:00 pm

robelgordo wrote:
    Everything fantasy sports is video content now. Old farts like me just want to read stuff. It’s faster and my brain retains it better!
    Revraiser wrote:
    I can watch video content or podcasts if the presenter warrants being a presenter. The old credentials and best for the role has just been thrown out, I know. And filler or dribble, I have most podcasts I listen to on 1.3 speed so it moves along at a reasonable pace.

Yeah, watching youtube is for kids and suckers:

https://kome.ai/tools/youtube-transcript-generator

I mean, it's imperfect in that indenting is hard so it looks like a featureless wall of text (see spoiler below for the transcript from this numpty: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o0-wc5X_ofI )

wall of waffle:

But you can plug that wall into ChatGPT with ctrl-c, ctrl-v and get a lovely summary, as per spoiler

much better:
    multiple.scoregasms
    multiple.scoregasms
    Fanatic

Post by multiple.scoregasms Mon May 13, 2024 4:01 pm

ForanAgainst wrote:

Chester went for Atkinson. Would you suggest Weekes instead? Flip a coin? Is both an absolute must?

Weekes way more important than Atkinson imo

Weekes guaranteed role as dominant half next to a non kicking partner

Atkinson in a role where guys tend to average about 30 (next to Hynes)

Post by Guest Mon May 13, 2024 4:07 pm

Must be missing something with Olakau' atu, don't see him as a origin certainty
    Chewie
    Chewie
    Fanatic

Post by Chewie Mon May 13, 2024 4:08 pm

Revraiser wrote:Gee I miss the round recap in written format, Daniel Long is hardly an easy watch.

TLDR:

There's a poster on here that does recaps of the threads which contains most of the info you're after Razz

Last edited by Chewie on Mon May 13, 2024 4:11 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : TLDR)
    ForanAgainst
    ForanAgainst

Post by ForanAgainst Mon May 13, 2024 4:09 pm

WT Winfield wrote:

Ah righto. Thought surely I couldn't have confused your team, but didn't look close enough at your posted team and FOG team.

Yeah I think Weekes over Atkinson for job/role security.

I grabbed Atko last week just hoping he could sit in the NPRs hitting 30 to make some cash and play Rd 13. Definitely would've grabbed Weekes ahead of him if not on the bye. Hynes out just boosted Atko and made it look a better pick than it initially was. Could make decent cash if holding the spot through to the bye if hitting 30s alongside Hynes though. If Hynes is out this round and 13, he's probably worth it still.

I'd probably dump Chester and BSmith/Kris for Weekes and Atko, but maybe saving a trade is better. I can't seem to lately. Hopefully I can get away with just 1 this week.

Though if Batman's long term, him instead.

The thing that kept me away from Atkinson was this whole Trindall situation, which one might describe as “tricky” Badum1 but he definitely announced himself as the one to run the team w/o Hynes, so I’ll find a way to get him, too. If it’s for Bateman, then that’s what it is, if it’s for Kris, I’m sure I’ll figure out my 13th and final spot for round 13 then. Although, it’s good chances I’ll just play with twelve that week.

Current date/time is Fri Sep 20, 2024 7:37 am