NRL Fantasy Fanatics

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

NRL Fantasy Fanatics

NRL Fantasy Fanatics - A place for discussion of NRL Fantasy / Virtual Sports / Super Coach and other Fantasy Sports

NRL Fantasy 2024 Part 39 - Wow no Trbojevic, Cleary, Hynes, Bateman, Smith , Papenhuyzen

wolfking
    wolfking
    Fanatics Immortal

NRL Fantasy 2024 Part 39 - Wow no Trbojevic, Cleary, Hynes, Bateman, Smith , Papenhuyzen  - Page 23 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2024 Part 39 - Wow no Trbojevic, Cleary, Hynes, Bateman, Smith , Papenhuyzen

Post by wolfking Mon May 13, 2024 8:18 pm

mickspicks wrote:

That's my thoughts, but still punching out 73 minutes in a bit of a blow out and with rain makes me think he's still worth the hold.

He didn't quite look himself last week either. Not sure if he was sick or something but just didn't seem as on point as usual.
    the_great_wobbler
    the_great_wobbler

NRL Fantasy 2024 Part 39 - Wow no Trbojevic, Cleary, Hynes, Bateman, Smith , Papenhuyzen  - Page 23 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2024 Part 39 - Wow no Trbojevic, Cleary, Hynes, Bateman, Smith , Papenhuyzen

Post by the_great_wobbler Mon May 13, 2024 8:19 pm

Pookus McFly wrote:Two shitposts to one real is good ratio in my books, so I better post something fantasy related. I’ve heard that Rev can operate at ratios as high as 7:1.

Ive made a mistake trading in Fao’nogo. He was my last vacant trade position and its left me a WFB/HLF short by current numbers that either Atkinson or Armstrong would have filled perfectly. Whats the plan for me now? I’d rather “race” them for two rounds and make the jump in R13 than do something stupid like trade them now. Or with trades so few is the best solution to just bite the bullet and play 12 in R13?

At this point I think trading purely for round 13 isn't worth it. If they happen to play 13 then awesome that's a few extra points on their real expected value but otherwise I think they either need to be huge value or potential keepers.

danseels1985
    danseels1985

Post by danseels1985 Mon May 13, 2024 8:24 pm

When Cleary went down I was like oh ok cool cool that’s why I have plenty of depth by having Hynes and SJ too Mad the fuck actually happened this week?
    Revraiser
    Revraiser
    Fanatic

Post by Revraiser Mon May 13, 2024 8:31 pm

Pookus McFly wrote:Two shitposts to one real is good ratio in my books, so I better post something fantasy related. I’ve heard that Rev can operate at ratios as high as 7:1.

Ive made a mistake trading in Fao’nogo. He was my last vacant trade position and its left me a WFB/HLF short by current numbers that either Atkinson or Armstrong would have filled perfectly. Whats the plan for me now? I’d rather “race” them for two rounds and make the jump in R13 than do something stupid like trade them now. Or with trades so few is the best solution to just bite the bullet and play 12 in R13?

affraid

cheer

Steamin' !
    Tigs
    Tigs

Post by Tigs Mon May 13, 2024 8:40 pm

Hynes sat out the Sharks’ win over Melbourne last Saturday night but he will be named to make his return on Tuesday, his comeback contingent on how he handles a week of training. (Telegraph)
    Loomer
    Loomer
    Fanatic

Post by Loomer Mon May 13, 2024 8:43 pm

kamikamicameleons wrote:

NRL Fantasy 2024 Part 39 - Wow no Trbojevic, Cleary, Hynes, Bateman, Smith , Papenhuyzen  - Page 23 Giphy

Charlie Murphy
    Pookus McFly
    Pookus McFly

Post by Pookus McFly Mon May 13, 2024 8:43 pm

the_great_wobbler wrote:

Went to the West Indies vs NZ world Cup match a few years ago in Manchester. At the same time as that game was being played India was in a surprisingly tight match with Afghanistan. When India eventually got across the line the crowd erupted, what felt like hundreds of Indian flags suddenly appeared with a bunch of Indian fans going ballistic. I knew that India was mad for cricket but that was when it really hit me just how mad.

The Kiwi game was a cracker as well, probably my favourite live sporting experience.

What a cool and surreal experience. I got a refresher course on Indian fanaticism when Starc went for $4.42 Million in the IPL auction. Thats silly money, almost soccer money, so much that its forced me to do the maths on it- Assuming they play him for all 14 games, he gets paid $300k per match. And assuming he bowls the maximum overs, they are paying him $12,500 per ball. Indian cricket is nuts.

the_great_wobbler wrote:

At this point I think trading purely for round 13 isn't worth it. If they happen to play 13 then awesome that's a few extra points on their real expected value but otherwise I think they either need to be huge value or potential keepers.

Yeah I agree with this, though I wish I didn’t 😤. Appreciate your advice, Oh Great Wobbly Sage.
    the_great_wobbler
    the_great_wobbler

Post by the_great_wobbler Mon May 13, 2024 8:49 pm

Think I'm spending my Turbo money on Cook.

Something like Salmon + Turbo -> Weekes/Atkinson + Cook.

Holding Bateman and Cheese but at this point think I can only cross fingers and hope they miraculously recover and do something.
    Enchanted Glossy Flamingo
    Enchanted Glossy Flamingo

Post by Enchanted Glossy Flamingo Mon May 13, 2024 9:00 pm

Pookus McFly wrote:I got a refresher course on Indian fanaticism when Starc went for $4.42 Million in the IPL auction. Thats silly money, almost soccer money, so much that its forced me to do the maths on it- Assuming they play him for all 14 games, he gets paid $300k per match. And assuming he bowls the maximum overs, they are paying him $12,500 per ball. Indian cricket is nuts.

For reference, the indianapolis colts pay their long snapper $1.6m USD a season. In the NFL a long snapper's only real job is to throw the ball between their legs so that someone can catch it and ready it for a place kicker. They might have to block, but mostly they just snap the ball further than a centre a few times a game

Just like with all things, America is where the silly money is
    standard-issue
    standard-issue

Post by standard-issue Mon May 13, 2024 9:02 pm

Pookus McFly wrote:
    standard-issue wrote:

Yep, still $240 mate.  Just so you know, it's the same deal I have with ynot and Milchy.

$240ph is a good base rate, but customers should never be shy to ask SI about his extras. You will not regret it.

Thanks for the plug Pookus. Which coincidentally is one of those extras you mentioned Very Happy
    BCT05
    BCT05

Post by BCT05 Mon May 13, 2024 9:03 pm

the_great_wobbler wrote:Think I'm spending my Turbo money on Cook.

Something like Salmon + Turbo -> Weekes/Atkinson + Cook.

Holding Bateman and Cheese but at this point think I can only cross fingers and hope they miraculously recover and do something.

When I was looking at the minimal selection of hookers I was thinking to myself god I'm going to trade Cook back in soon aren't I.

But doesn't seem like Mamo is going anywhere which isn't great for him.
    WT Winfield
    WT Winfield

Post by WT Winfield Mon May 13, 2024 9:07 pm

BCT05 wrote:

When I was looking at the minimal selection of hookers I was thinking to myself god I'm going to trade Cook back in soon aren't I.

I'm glad it was Hynes I traded him out for at least. Figured he could be back to 80 after a couple of rounds.

Will hold off until Rd 14, but looks a good candidate, like IPap potentially, to offload some guys like May or Smithies to.
    my tv broke
    my tv broke
    Fanatics Immortal

Post by my tv broke Mon May 13, 2024 9:16 pm

BCT05 wrote:

Maybe he slips off the bench once souths get a few more NRL players available. Dont think they had anyone else they could pick last week?

Theres a chance the time to grab Cook is now, but it can certainly wait til rnd 14
    Pookus McFly
    Pookus McFly

Post by Pookus McFly Mon May 13, 2024 9:16 pm

Enchanted Glossy Flamingo wrote:

For reference, the indianapolis colts pay their long snapper $1.6m USD a season. In the NFL a long snapper's only real job is to throw the ball between their legs so that someone can catch it and ready it for a place kicker. They might have to block, but mostly they just snap the ball further than a centre a few times a game

Just like with all things, America is where the silly money is

I’d love to get some data on his $ per snaps output Laugh 3. Yeah no doubt USA is the big dog sporting nation, Mahomes on $450M/10y, the Dodgers paying Shohei $700m/10y and crazy contracts across multiple sports. Saudi Pro League still the mindblower for me- Ronaldo on $535M/2.5y and Benzema on 436M/2y. Its hard to fathom earning the GDP of a small country because you are good at sports.
    Brookzy

Post by Brookzy Mon May 13, 2024 9:22 pm

Khany wrote:Depending on Siebolds TLT, Waddell's time might be up.

Not if Ben turbo goes to Ctr
    rhinoceroo
    rhinoceroo
    Fanatic

Post by rhinoceroo Mon May 13, 2024 9:41 pm

Brookzy wrote:

Not if Ben turbo goes to Ctr

Brad Parker failed an HIA in the NSW Cup, so chances of Burbo at centre increased. If it's either him or Talau (moving inside) then easy to imagine Walsh/Mam/Cobbo having a field day.
    Brookzy

Post by Brookzy Mon May 13, 2024 9:49 pm

rhinoceroo wrote:

Brad Parker failed an HIA in the NSW Cup, so chances of Burbo at centre increased. If it's either him or Talau (moving inside) then easy to imagine Walsh/Mam/Cobbo having a field day.

Yes even if Waddell is named I don’t know if I’d play him against broncos lol
    rhinoceroo
    rhinoceroo
    Fanatic

Post by rhinoceroo Mon May 13, 2024 9:50 pm

BCT05 wrote:

Tossing up between Grant and Cook. As I have Brailey as sole hooker, need to do this before R12 and probably this week. Brailey/Cook covers all bye rounds, with duplicate in R19, while Brailey/Grant would be good until R16 when could go Brailey to Cook if Cook is reliably getting 80, or just take a blank at hooker that week.

Still think Grant is the primo choice despite the supposed scorer conspiracy. Mahoney also an option, but meh, lower ceiling and not sure I want to finish the season with him when he reverts to scoring 35s.
    mickspicks
    mickspicks

Post by mickspicks Mon May 13, 2024 10:06 pm

rhinoceroo wrote:

Is Parker still playing 2RF? I thought his centre days were over.
    my tv broke
    my tv broke
    Fanatics Immortal

Post by my tv broke Mon May 13, 2024 10:08 pm

Surely Burbo+Garrick ctrs this week with Taulau and whatever pork chop they can find for the other wing.

I want to cling to some hope that Garrick Reuben plays fb though. Let me live

Current date/time is Fri Sep 20, 2024 2:13 am